• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Sprankles

Smash Rookie
Make sure your video settings in your homebrew loader are set correctly. I don't know exactly what those settings may be, but play around with things. A couple people had posted here saying they were having screen issues (with widescreen off) and one guy figured out the problem and it was related to his loader settings. It was probably posted in the page 25-29 ish zone if you want to look around there.
Thanks for the help Achilles! I managed to solve the issue. The problem wasn't with the hack pack itself but with the DIOS MIOS launchers settings. I feel stupid looking back but I did have widescreen on in the settings on the third page (It was hiding from me). Anyways here's the settings you have to change to fix the problem...

Video Mode: NTCS480p (This is necessary, leaving it on auto will still result in the widescreen)
Video Patch: force (Not actually sure about this one but SackofWine suggested it. Possibly Necessary)
Widescreen (This is on the third page of settings): off

Widescreen problem resolved! I changed the video mode in Dios Mios from "Auto" to "NTSC 480p" and set Video Patch to "force" as well.

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
Bug report (I apoligise for the vagueness)
This is in 2.06

Occasionally when toggling hitboxes in-game, the character whose hitboxes are being toggled will instead become invisible (though their projectiles will still be visible) with no hitboxes displayed until you toggle hitboxes off again, at which point the character will become visible again (this happens both when trying to show just the hitboxes and when trying to show the hitboxes overlaid on the character). At first, the projectile will not display its hitboxes regardless of the setting, but after it is toggled a few times it will display its hitbox until the hitboxes are turned off and back on. This has happened to me twice after (at a very rough estimate) 75 toggles of the hitboxes, although I have no idea what's causing it or how to induce it intentionally.

On Battlefield, when I have a save state of my character standing in the middle of the stage and then proceed to airdodge under the lip of the stage (from messing up a ledgedash) and load the state while still in the airdodge animation, my character will appear somewhere between the ledge and where it was standing when the state was saved, but will also be unable to move past a certain point or jump. It is as if there was an invisible box with boundaries just above standing height and immediately next to where the character was placed when the state was loaded (on the side closest to centre stage). Moving offstage will fix this. This happens consistently.

Also you haven't updated the changes to the save/load state controls in all sections of the thread (the part inside the spoiler still says D-pad down is load state).

And a question: is it possible (and do you have any plans to) make the debug menu accept D-pad input? I would find it much easier to use than the control stick.

Last edited:

Instasquid

Smash Rookie
Hey are you guys still working on reverse engineering wParams mod? I went through it already and I have a empty version that only exploits the buffer overflow and resets afterwards.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Hey are you guys still working on reverse engineering wParams mod? I went through it already and I have a empty version that only exploits the buffer overflow and resets afterwards.
Yeah we've already got some custom code in it and have a working (only in Dolphin atm) gecko codehandler built directly into the game. We're also in the process of trying to get it to load data from multiple memory card files which will function as extra storage for codes. That's cool that you've looked into it.

Any luck on why endless melee loads mushroom kingdom I and not pokemon (no transformation)?
I know exactly why it happens, I just haven't put the code in yet to fix it. I'll let you know when I do.

Last edited:

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Yeah we've already got some custom code in it and have a working (only in Dolphin atm) gecko codehandler built directly into the game. We're also in the process of trying to get it to load data from multiple memory card files which will function as extra storage for codes. That's cool that you've looked into it.

I know exactly why it happens, I just haven't put the code in yet to fix it. I'll let you know when I do.
Dreams are becoming a reality before my very eyes..

Instasquid

Smash Rookie
Let me know about the multiple memory cards when you have that working!

I actually started melee hacking just because I heard of the possibility of hacking from a memory card. I think it only needs one save file to work. It doesn't need a whole card to work, right?

What do you use to prevent the save file from being read and written after the buffer overflow? Right now I'm using all of wParams asm, but without all this memory replacements and I just use 803567ac->38000000 which makes it so memory card A is never recognized as plugged in. It works different than wParams, I don't know how he did his.

Acryte

Smash Ace
I'm assuming we'll be using 2 of the 32x memory cards then? :) how much coding room does that feasibly give us? For example, out of the 4086 blocks available (2043x2), how many blocks would be used up currently with all the coding that's been done so far for 20XX?

Last edited:

Gentlefox

Smash Cadet
I'm assuming we'll be using 2 of the 32x memory cards then? :) how much coding room does that feasibly give us? For example, out of the 4086 blocks available (2043x2), how many blocks would be used up currently with all the coding that's been done so far for 20XX?
Hackpack .dol is 4.4MB. Memory cards can be 16MB (2048 blocks) each.

There are also ~$5 converters that let you use an SD instead of a memory card for homebrew. Since 20XX can run whatever code it wants, essentially limitless storage is possible.

D

Deleted member

Not sure if possible, but I suggest adding a toggle in items that spawns enemies. Stuff like Redead, Goombas, Koopas, the other enemies that sometimes appear out of boxes but as a separate toggle so you can have a match full of enemies. Was always a dream of mine to have this in the game.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
This hack is great. Fantastic job.

Some ideas:
- Button activator to launch with tournament settings (No P2 toggles etc, same concept as hold b for progressive video) so you don't have to screw around changing stuff for that.
- Allow pause when pausing is disabled if all players are pressing start at the same time.
- Some way to rotate players automatically during endless friendlies?
- Seconding the idea for a toggle for PAL characters or some other way to use them.

I have no idea if these are possible or already implemented or what, just thought I'd throw some stuff out there and see what people thought since I haven't read anything about them.

I'm having a lot of fun, thank you for making this.

Instasquid

Smash Rookie
I now have a PAL version of the memory card hack running on emulator, but I don't think 20xx will ported to PAL.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Let me know about the multiple memory cards when you have that working!

I actually started melee hacking just because I heard of the possibility of hacking from a memory card. I think it only needs one save file to work. It doesn't need a whole card to work, right?

What do you use to prevent the save file from being read and written after the buffer overflow? Right now I'm using all of wParams asm, but without all this memory replacements and I just use 803567ac->38000000 which makes it so memory card A is never recognized as plugged in. It works different than wParams, I don't know how he did his.
You only NEED that one hacked memory card file, and his exploit creates a new "hacked" one that the game runs off of after initiating the hack. You can see this by looking at your dolphin memory card in the memcardmanager. So it's like a safe method of never deleting the original save that causes the exploit.

While I was doing so research on memory card loading, I found that if you write 00000004 to 0x80433320, then memory card data read/write will be disabled. But wparam doesn't do this, because he just creates a new save file like I mentioned

fronkiewrecks

Smash Rookie
In the debug menu when i go to turn on the flash red on a missed lcancel i cant find where the "flash no l" setting is located. i checked the results menu but it wasnt where it is supposed to be. did it get moved and i didnt see that change?

Last edited:

lanabo

Smash Apprentice
Would it be possible to implement a color flash code for characters while they're teching as well, having the color flash wear off when the character can perform an action?

For example, say a character gets knocked over and techs to the left. They would light up a certain color at the beginning of the tech roll and as soon as the character is out of the tech (and able to do stuff) they would turn their normal color again.

Acryte

Smash Ace
Would it be possible to implement a color flash code for characters while they're teching as well, having the color flash wear off when the character can perform an action?

For example, say a character gets knocked over and techs to the left. They would light up a certain color at the beginning of the tech roll and as soon as the character is out of the tech (and able to do stuff) they would turn their normal color again.
Couldn't you just wait for them to turn green or buffer something with C-stick to learn the perfect timing?

lanabo

Smash Apprentice
I tried to use the CPU hold shield to act as an indicator, but the CPU loses the ability to DI/tech moves when this is happening.

OverFlow

Smash Rookie
just wanted to drop in to give my thanks again.

Was wondering... is there a way for the GREEN color when you aren't inputting any action to apply for crouching and when you're in the air (or even more godlike... when you can interrupt a move "IASA") ?

I would like to be more frame perfect :)

OninO

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it would be good if green was activated on some sort of "accepting input" trigger. There must be some logic that decides when a buffer roll can happen... Hmm, I hope I can get some free time soon to poke around.

NooGen

Smash Rookie
I'm trying to get it to work but it just doesn't... I created the new ISO and put it on my USB (and I've tried with an SD card) and Dios Mios reads the file, but for some reason it just loads Melee (no hacks or anything). What am I doing wrong?

NooGen

Smash Rookie
I got the ISO to work, and the game loads the hack and everything, but it always freeze when I press "B" or try to grab... Any idea what's wrong?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I got the ISO to work, and the game loads the hack and everything, but it always freeze when I press "B" or try to grab... Any idea what's wrong?
Remake your ISO with this version.

Sorry for the confusion on the first post. I tried editing the first post a week and half or so ago and something went very wrong with a spoiler tag or something....one of the mediafire links got copied 150+ times throughout the post and every bit of text became a clickable link. Warchamp reverted the page back to a previous date so it looks normal again, but whenever I try and edit the page, it acts like all 150+ mediafire still exist on the page. So I'm scared to to touch it.....and it would be such a pain in the ass to manually remove all those spoiler tags. I need to contact Warchamp again.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Is there an updated infographic for the most current version?
No. See above.

Sorry that I haven't been too active in the last couple of days...I've been super busy recently with work, family, and prepping my house for move-out. As soon as I get some free time, I'll be on here to answer your questions. Possibly later tonight if things go smoothly.

LydianAlchemist

Smash Apprentice
so...umm.

I have this running on diosmios + usbloader GX.
One thing my friends and I all noticed was that. its like the game is slower? inputs have noticeable lag. marth falls really slow.

I'm playing on a CRT. The same CRT and Wii I used to boot up vanilla melee and PM which didn't have this problem.
I don't expect many others had this problem, but if anyone did let me know. I'm gonna try vanilla melee again tonight to see if maybe I'm just imagining all of this.

OninO

Smash Journeyman
so...umm.

I have this running on diosmios + usbloader GX.
One thing my friends and I all noticed was that. its like the game is slower? inputs have noticeable lag. marth falls really slow.

I'm playing on a CRT. The same CRT and Wii I used to boot up vanilla melee and PM which didn't have this problem.
I don't expect many others had this problem, but if anyone did let me know. I'm gonna try vanilla melee again tonight to see if maybe I'm just imagining all of this.
I would bet a million bucks that your launcher is launching the game at 50Hz. Look in your launcher settings.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Achilles. Would it be possible to import the (You Roll, You die) code that you once had on the text version?
I have no plans at this moment to add it in as a toggle (ideally, sure, it would be in there but its not too important of a function at this point) but if you want to put it in your DOL file, go to offset 0x95e24 in the DOL and change that line from 48000065 to 4803A985. It will be a permanent change though (until you change it back to the default value, of course).

and InternetExplorer made that code btw. Not me.

Last edited:

LydianAlchemist

Smash Apprentice
I would bet a million bucks that your launcher is launching the game at 50Hz. Look in your launcher settings.
AND I WOULD PAY YOU A MILLION AND ONE BUCKS IF THIS WORKS.
I dunno why it would be doing that. maybe a setting got changed.
I don't know if this is what's happening, but I'm saying thanks anyways cause it sounds like my problem

EDIT:
is it possible that when I made my 20XX iso, I somehow got my hands on a PAL version and simply didn't notice? Because im pretty sure I never changed my USB loader settings.

Last edited:

OninO

Smash Journeyman
EDIT:
is it possible that when I made my 20XX iso, I somehow got my hands on a PAL version and simply didn't notice? Because im pretty sure I never changed my USB loader settings.
All things are possible :p. Good luck on troubleshooting. I'm pretty sure it's not possible for the game to suddenly run slow assuming the same version and all that. It's not like Achilles stuff takes longer to execute (significantly?). Anyway, plenty of people have got it working normally so have a poke around and see what's different about your setup.

Elen

Smash Lord
I was about to make a post asking how to remove the multicolored FD effect, when I realized it's a debug toggle! You're the best Achilles!

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
Guys... rolling is actually good. It's just not good when you use it all the time.
Of course rolling is good. but what happens when someone overuses it. Also if you didn't notice i use yoshi so it's not like everything in this 20xx was made for Yoshi specifically (although it has worked a lot)

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Ah Ha! I can finally edit the main post again. That super buggy 2.07 pretest DOL file is finally off the main page! There's a lot to update on it now, which I'll be working on periodically when I get the chance.

Top Bottom