1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3. Use the Smashboards Store to get awesome Smash stuff and support the site, like a Nintendo Controller or the Wii U - Gamecube adaptor ! Check out the inventory in our store and support Smashboards with your purchase today!

The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v4.07 - 7/04/17)

Discussion in 'Melee Workshop' started by Achilles1515, Mar 29, 2014.

1. S l o X

S l o X
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Champion

you're doing gods work.

i posted this on miom. i hope this helps everyone coming into the scene fresh. all i need is a wii now.

2. Kou

Kou
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Apprentice

I took mistake,deleted.
    Sorry ;(

#42 Kou, Mar 30, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
  3. Kou

Kou
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Apprentice

Can you change default CPU_TYPE?
    Default is "CPTP_NORMAL (4)", but I want to train with "CPTP_COOPERATE (10)" in the debug menu's CPU_TYPE_SET.
    Because cpu of "CPTP_COOPERATE" is much better for training. For example, they approach us using dash&running.
    NORMAL cpu approach us only use walking.

4. Kou

Kou
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Apprentice

I took a mistake,deleted.
    Sorry ;(

#44 Kou, Mar 30, 2014
  5. Kou

Kou
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Apprentice

I took a mistake,deleted.
    Sorry ;(

#45 Kou, Mar 30, 2014
  6. Achilles1515

Achilles1515
    Expand Collapse

WINK, check out InternetExplorer's "Gecko Codes and Discussion" thread stickied in this forum. He has a guide on modding your Wii to get Gecko codes to work on it. Homebrew, in a Wii sense, is like a general term for things that can run on your Wii only after hacking it. Gecko is referring to the type of codetype these codes are created in. Ocarina (which you'll see in the guide) is what runs Gecko codes via a homebrew application.
    Thanks a lot for linking this thread, SloX! I feel like everyone could benefit from these codes, and the first step (and sometimes hardest) is to get the awareness out. I really appreciate it.

Kou, yes you can. Would you want to know how to do this for v1.00 or 1.02?

#46 Achilles1515, Mar 31, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  7. Kou

Kou
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Apprentice

I want v1.00 to change default CPUTYPE.

8. Achilles1515

Achilles1515
    Expand Collapse

Kou, in my code for making the CPUs shoot projectiles, I stated that I changed their AI type to "Guard Edge" and their CPU level to FF

Looking at the 1.00 code I posted earlier today (and actually just fixed...),

there are three lines that look like this:
    0247E88A 00000401 //Player 2, default
    0247E8AE 00000401 //Player 3, default
    0247E8D2 00000401 //Player 4, default

and they get changed to this:
    0247E88A 000012FF
    0247E8AE 000012FF
    0247E8D2 000012FF

The beginning 02 in these codes mean it is a 16bit write which means (using Player 2 as an example):
    12FF gets written to memory address 8047E88A. The 80 at the beginning of 8047E88A is just automatically implied.

After knowing that 04 is the "normal" AI type, you can see that I changed it to 12 (Guard Edge) and then right after that is the CPU lvl, which got changed from 01 to FF.
    Here is a list of all the code numbers for the different AI types

So if you wanted to just straight up write a code that always changes the AI type, you would want to do an 8bit write at the memory address used for those codes.
    (btw, "12FF" is an example of 16 bits, and just "12" or just "FF" is only 8bits)

So to change Player 2's AI to always be Cooperative (which the list states as having an ID number of 14), the code would look like
    0047E88A 00000014

The 00 at the beginning stands for an 8bit write. See this page for more information on the Gecko codetypes.

I'll leave the rest up to you to do the other players, if you want them.

#48 Achilles1515, Mar 31, 2014
  9. Kou

Kou
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Apprentice

Ahhh sorry, I misunderstood so deleted

Thank you, Achilles!!

#49 Kou, Mar 31, 2014
  10. Kou

Kou
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Apprentice

Yesterday L+D-Pad-Left worked, but today L+D-Pad-Left makes game freeze at beginning of a match somehow.
    I confirmed the cheat is the completely same as in the OP and using v1.02 iso. Mysterious...

#50 Kou, Mar 31, 2014
  11. KuKKii

KuKKii
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Rookie

i'll just bump this, because i still have the same problem too.

12. Achilles1515

Achilles1515
    Expand Collapse

I would keep trying to mess with Dios-Mios-Booter then. Becuase I have all the ones from this thread activated and more (and even just added another 30 liner or something like that which I'm going to post in the Gecko Code Thread pretty soon) and they all work.

13. Achilles1515

Achilles1515
    Expand Collapse

This is weird. Did you ever get it to work KuKKii?

14. Sebovich

Sebovich
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Apprentice

This is awesome, Im still trying to get it functioning properly (we talked in another thread) but I have a suggestion for a code. Would it be possible to disable attacks for CPUs? Its kind of annoying When youre trying to practice combos and chaingrabbing When The comps are jabbing and grabbing at You with inhuman reflexes.

15. liverymen

liverymen
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Apprentice

This is great! Don't stop!
    If possible, I would like to make a request. : P
    Since I've seen you do some AI manipulation, do you think it would be feasible to create a mode for marths or sheiks to practice?
    IE: For marth, just make CPU's perform random DI so marth can practice every combination of Uthrow + follow ups.
    For sheik, allow CPU's to tech most of the time and tech in a random direction and then buffer a roll/spot dodge after.
    Let me know what you think : D

16. Achilles1515

Achilles1515
    Expand Collapse

What problems are you still having? Sorry if I haven't responded or something, I'm trying to help a bunch of people at once.

Good ideas, but again, I do not know how to truly manipulate AI to perform specific DI and techs and stuff. Maybe in the future though (there's another member currently working on this and I plan on helping him soon!)

17. tacticappiello

tacticappiello
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Rookie

This may be a dumb question but do these mods work for emulators?

18. Achilles1515

Achilles1515
    Expand Collapse

Yes, they work for Dolphin.

I just posted new codes for the R+D-Pad Left Hold Shield code. All that was changed was a value from 0B to 0E, but I'm hoping 0E is more stable (for ex. 0B would freeze on PAL everytime but 0E seems to work). Please try the new code and let me know if the freezing still persists for you.

19. KuKKii

KuKKii
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Rookie

Maybe you haven't seen the other reply i've posted on page 1. so i will simply requote it:

C-stick and CPUShield still don't work with the same crash situations.

Stamina mode sometimes crashes.

Everything else works just fine and it's playable for hours.

20. Sebovich

Sebovich
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Apprentice

I got it working now! Tried the codes from the other Gecko Thread, but then I replaced all the codes with the one from your text-file and everything works perfectly. Thanks for the help! :D

21. thundrio

thundrio
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Cadet

Can I inject these codes into an iso simply by editing the corresponding addresses in the DOL, or would I have to do something more complicated?

Not asking for somebody to do this (I want experience doing this), but knowing where to start would be helpful (I would post what I did here ofc).

22. dashdancedan

dashdancedan
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Journeyman

Awesome, I'll try it soon and see how it works. Is this version exclusive 1.0, 1.2?

#62 dashdancedan, Mar 31, 2014
  23. ResidentWaffle

ResidentWaffle
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Lord

For some reason dolphin couldn't load my game-save because I just copied and pasted your codes, but when I moved the code titles all to one line it loaded my mem card. Try to put your code title all in one line next time =P

Edit: Also I think have + in the title also messes up the code.

#63 ResidentWaffle, Apr 1, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
  24. Achilles1515

Achilles1515
    Expand Collapse

Thundrio, all these codes use IF statements for activation so it would be much more than editing corresponding addresses, because it would be more like adding code lines to the game. I believe these codes would need to be converted into ASM hacks and then from there, injected into the DOL. The only person I know that has done DOL mods for ASM injection codes is Sham Rock (and maybe Geuse). See his code on skipping the results screen.

Only for 1.02. Why did you want them for Action Replay and not Gecko?

Waffle, are you talking about code titles in the .txt file? That is just meant for Ocarina Code Manager and I think their titles are only on one line anyway (just verified this by viewing it on Mediafire). This might not be the case though, if you open it up in a program window that isn't wide enough to display the full name.

And + should be fine in the title. My codes in Dolphin have + in the title and they are working fine. I did run into a problem yesterday where a code with quotation marks (") wasn't working. I removed them and then it worked fine. I guess that's worth noting. Maybe things like this vary between Dolphin versions.

#64 Achilles1515, Apr 1, 2014
  25. Fizzi

Fizzi
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Ace

Amazing work man. I've always been interested in doing something like this but have never gotten much into melee hacking.

Sincere thanks, do you have any future plans you're willing to share by any chance?

26. Kou

Kou
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Apprentice

Thank you Achilles. I confirm that there is no freeze when I used new one on Dolphin.

Though this is a small weird point, certain inputs make Player-2 do except for shield.
    For example, P1 is Sheik and P2 is Fox on Battle Field. Once Sheik inputs B, it makes Fox jump, then Sheik inputs L(canceled needle charging), it makes Fox dodge in the air or laser.
    I think this is the same werid thing as the code of "L + D-pad up" (somehow P2 sometimes do light shield). I just reported.

#66 Kou, Apr 1, 2014
  27. Achilles1515

Achilles1515
    Expand Collapse

Good to know that there is no freeze anymore!
    Just tested the Sheik and Fox thing... Thats pretty weird. And it looks like it happens on all the stages. Try this if you can:

Change this line of code:
    00480848 0000000E

To this:
    00480848 0000000A

and test it again! The opponent shouldn't still be shielding but shouldn't respond to Sheik needling. Hopefully the game doesn't freeze as well. Let me know if it works.

28. Achilles1515

Achilles1515
    Expand Collapse

I'm telling you, if you have a computer good enough to run Dolphin and then watch InternetExplorer's video tutorial, there's no way you'll not start hacking. It's so much fun and makes you feel so powerful. muahaha

Future plans are a little hazy. I am just now finishing a code to help people practice Peach Break the Targets strategies (so she pulls bomb/beam sword when there are a specific amount of targets left). Stratocaster is working on influencing CPU/Human inputs to force them to do things in certain situations (hopefully will lead to DI and teching codes) and I plan on helping with this some. Idk what else.

I'm really trying to grow the Melee hacking scene because so little has been done which creates so much possibility. I plan on writing some guides soon and making a compendium of some sorts where people can compile memory offsets and things.

29. L0SERR

L0SERR
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Rookie

Hi Achilles,
    I'm shootmaniazechs from Reddit who was asking about the PAL version.
    First let me thank you for doing this! You're giving people like me(who can only play vs CPU) a much better way to practice.
    When i get it working, i'll happily help with testing.

You asked me what App/homebrew program i'm using; it's the Gecko OS mod 0.92 IOS58 (Rev 6176), i followed the guide you linked in your original post.

In the options, I have the following settings:
    Gamecube mode: internal so that i can read from my pal disk.
    GC Hook Type: VI
    GC Ocarina: Yes
    GC Debugger: No.

When i launch game from the diskdrive, it says "Codes found. Applying".
    As i said in reddit, I don't seem to be able to activate any of the codes; be it on the Character select or in game.

I really appreciate any help you can offer <3

One thing which may be nothing to do with it, but i'll mention it anyway:
    The second instruction on the guide says to run the IOS236 Installer. This didn't work for me, but I've been using USBLoaderGX for brawl/ProjectM, and i used the d2x cIOS successfully already, so i was hoping the IOS236 wasn't necessary?

30. Achilles1515

Achilles1515
    Expand Collapse

I was having the same problem with GeckoOS when I tried using it. So then I switched to Dios-Mios-Booter to just play the ISO off an SD card. Have you ever used Dios Mios to run an ISO? I don't know any alternatives to GeckoOS for disc loading that can apply cheats.

And btw, I tried running the PAL version with Dios-Mios-Booter and it worked (although, it played in black and white for me - this may not be the case if you have a PAL TV though). The codes I ported were all working, as well.

EDIT: and right after I did this testing, my SD card got corrupted and everything on it is gone....:mad:

#70 Achilles1515, Apr 1, 2014
  31. Engo

Engo
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Ace

I haven't hacked a wii sincce '08. I just installed homebrew channel, bootmii and priiloader on my wii. I have nothing else installed.

Can anyone help me out with how to go from this to loading the ISO(which i already have) from my sd/usb and using these cheats? I'm pretty clueless and would appreciate some help..

#71 Engo, Apr 1, 2014
  32. Achilles1515

Achilles1515
    Expand Collapse

I'll pm you instructions, Engo.

33. Limeee

Limeee
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Champion

can someone help me? i am using dios mios and loading melee 1.02 through my usb, and everytime i start the game it just restarts my wii and goes to the wii menu

anyone else having the same problem? i followed the instructions so all my filenames should be good
    let me know when more information you need to help me

34. Achilles1515

Achilles1515
    Expand Collapse

What program are you using to launch the ISO? GeckoOS?

35. Limeee

Limeee
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Champion

i am using dios mios to boot the iso

36. X WaNtEd X

X WaNtEd X
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Lord

I know absolutely nothing about ghecko codes, dolphin or anything. And the abundance of information is just overwhelming, but I'd really like to get some of these things for my own training. All I have is a Wii and a Mac laptop. What else what I need?

37. dashdancedan

dashdancedan
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Journeyman

I only have a Gamecube + AR and version 1.0

I use AR for debug and infinite shield, but I've never seen a code that makes the cpu jump/grab/roll as soon as possible.

38. Achilles1515

Achilles1515
    Expand Collapse

Just search the web or youtube for instructions on how to softmod a wii using a Mac. Start there.

39. Fizzi

Fizzi
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Ace

Hmmm... So I'm loading with GeckoOS using a real melee disc. The only one of your codes that seems to work is the up on the d-pad to start a match by yourself. All the other codes I've enabled (unlock everything, c-stick in 1p, default match settings) all work just fine as well. I am definitely player 1 on my Wii as well.

Any code I try to use to affect what the CPU does does not work. Player 2 CPU always just acts like a normal CPU.

I've tried Dios Mios and it sends me right back to the Wii menu when trying to load.

40. Achilles1515

Achilles1515
    Expand Collapse

Weird. I guess I would try making a gct of only one of those codes enabled and try that. that seems really odd though that none of them worked (because the codes definitely do work). I know this is trivial, but make sure you are using the codes for the right version. Did you try the infinite shield or either of the ones that toggle hitboxes?

#80 Achilles1515, Apr 1, 2014