• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Nichidinho

Smash Rookie
So i'm not sure if anyone else has had this problem but just the casual but vanilla melee runs perfect on dolphin no issues, while 20XX i get max 40fps and its only as of recent, anything i should look into?

TyroKith

Smash Cadet
songs snip
No worries! The main reason I ask for this feature is because sometimes a song will get corrupted and start sounding like an antenna TV barely catching a channel. (I think some other people reported issues like this before?) It could be my mind playing tricks on me but I think it's the same song that breaks on me each time, but without being able to see the song title / file name I haven't been able to confirm and report. To circumvent this I skip the song with Start > D-pad up.

The secondary reason is because sometimes a song will come on that I think is a banger but I don't know the name, and I'd like to make an epic playlist.

This is already implemented if Pause is OFF.
Sweet! I didn't know that!

I'll put this on the list of things to add for next version.
You're doing god's work.

stages snip
The very minor inconvenience I'm having is: The Wii I use for my home setup doubles as my tournament setup. Ever since v4.06 I keep the SSS on 'Hacked' since along with having all the legal vanilla stages it includes Frozen Stadium as an option. I'm a big believer in using available mods to make competitive gameplay more fair, and I want to give those options to people at the locals I attend. But whereas DL's wind, YS's Shy Guys, etc, can be turned off/on in the debug menu, Frozen Stadium has to be selected as a stage. The trouble is when the 'Hacked' SSS loads, people see all the orange borders and different stage icons and think "Someone must have forgotten to change their setup before the tournament" and switch the SSS back to vanilla, thus eliminating the option to play on Frozen Stadium (unless they know enough to switch to the Hacked SSS and select it).

I have no argument against (3). I love exercising free-flow combos on the other stages, but based on my personal experience nobody ever branches out.

This one had me interested. Please test this code:
Code:
$Timer HUD - Hide leading zero with match timer < 10:00 (1.02) [Achilles]
C22F4450 00000007
7FC3F378 80830010
80840008 80840008
80840008 80840008
3CC08047 80A6B6C8
38C00008 2C050258
40800008 38C00000
B0C40014 00000000
Sadly I'm not adept enough at working with hex that I can implement this on my setup. If you, or anyone, could point me to a beginner's guide, I'll work at getting up to speed enough to make simple changes. Sorry!

Last edited:

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
No worries! The main reason I ask for this feature is because sometimes a song will get corrupted and start sounding like an antenna TV barely catching a channel. (I think some other people reported issues like this before?) It could be my mind playing tricks on me but I think it's the same song that breaks on me each time, but without being able to see the song title / file name I haven't been able to confirm and report. To circumvent this I skip the song with Start > D-pad up.

The secondary reason is because sometimes a song will come on that I think is a banger but I don't know the name, and I'd like to make an epic playlist.

Sweet! I didn't know that!

You're doing god's work.

The very minor inconvenience I'm having is: The Wii I use for my home setup doubles as my tournament setup. Ever since v4.06 I keep the SSS on 'Hacked' since along with having all the legal vanilla stages it includes Frozen Stadium as an option. I'm a big believer in using available mods to make competitive gameplay more fair, and I want to give those options to people at the locals I attend. But whereas DL's wind, YS's Shy Guys, etc, can be turned off/on in the debug menu, Frozen Stadium has to be selected as a stage. The trouble is when the 'Hacked' SSS loads, people see all the orange borders and different stage icons and think "Someone must have forgotten to change their setup before the tournament" and switch the SSS back to vanilla, thus eliminating the option to play on Frozen Stadium (unless they know enough to switch to the Hacked SSS and select it).

I have no argument against (3). I love exercising free-flow combos on the other stages, but based on my personal experience nobody ever branches out.

Sadly I'm not adept enough at working with hex that I can implement this on my setup. If you, or anyone, could point me to a beginner's guide, I'll work at getting up to speed enough to make simple changes. Sorry!
For the first problem... Same.

Sticksandstones_32

Smash Rookie
Are you two using Nintendont? I, too, have that problem, but I have a feeling it's an issue with Nintendont's audio streaming, not 20XX itself.
Faster Melee doesn't seem to have this issue.
For me, personally, the chances of it happening are much less when I disable Unlock Read Speed in Nintendont's settings.
Let me know if that doesn't help you guys, too.

TyroKith

Smash Cadet
Are you two using Nintendont? I, too, have that problem, but I have a feeling it's an issue with Nintendont's audio streaming, not 20XX itself.
Faster Melee doesn't seem to have this issue.
For me, personally, the chances of it happening are much less when I disable Unlock Read Speed in Nintendont's settings.
Let me know if that doesn't help you guys, too.
As per your recommendation I started using Nintendont a couple weeks ago to much success. To be honest I'm not sure if I've had a problem with the audio during my short time playing on Nintendont. I think my audio issue happened on DiosMios.

I also use Unlock Read Speed. So far I've only had one instance of it not loading the song audio (which I've read is a known issue with URS). It hasn't, however, replicated the same problem as before.

N7Kopper

Smash Apprentice
NNID
N7Kopper
3DS FC
2895-9534-7967
The fact that the xdelta option doesn't come prepackaged with the 32 bit version of the patcher as well as the 64 bit one is kind of an oversight, given that some people still run 32 bit systems.
It's an easy fix, though.

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
Idea for a possible future patch: The ability to have the com performing one replay, but a trigger could change it into another replay. For example, set a peach to float and try to fair at you in the corner as the normal replay, but if you were to laser her, she will waveland back out of stun. If you didn't laser her, she would complete the full replay as normal.
did you really go through your message and change the color of every few words?

Miryafa

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone have a link to a 3.02 version I could use to practice against laser-spam Falco?

Miryafa

Smash Apprentice
Scroll down on the OP
I have done so, but I still can't see it. When I do ctrl+F, 3.02 doesn't even show up on the first page. Would you be more specific please?

Never mind - I see that it was hidden. Thanks!

Last edited:

TyroKith

Smash Cadet
I'm having difficulties downloading 20XXTE from 20XX. I use Nintendont to emulate a 251 block card which I believe saves to slot A. When I try inserting a blank memory card into slot B I can't seem to get TE, or any of the other saves in Memory Card Management, to download to slot B.
Edit: I turned off memory card emulation and used slot A instead which worked without issue. IDK maybe I just have a busted slot B.
Edit#2: Nevermind! Looks like turning on memory card emulation in Nintendont is what kept slot B from working before. We're good.

S Sticksandstones_32 Is there any harm/benefit from enabling Skip IPL in Nintendont?

Last edited:

Sticksandstones_32

Smash Rookie
I'm having difficulties downloading 20XXTE from 20XX. I use Nintendont to emulate a 251 block card which I believe saves to slot A. When I try inserting a blank memory card into slot B I can't seem to get TE, or any of the other saves in Memory Card Management, to download to slot B.
Edit: I turned off memory card emulation and used slot A instead which worked without issue. IDK maybe I just have a busted slot B.
Edit#2: Nevermind! Looks like turning on memory card emulation in Nintendont is what kept slot B from working before. We're good.

S Sticksandstones_32 Is there any harm/benefit from enabling Skip IPL in Nintendont?
Benefit: With iplusa.bin in the root of the drive which your games are loaded from (root of SD for games booted from SD card, root of USB for games on USB) it makes my Wii do that thing my old GameCube did upon starting a GameCube game, I love it. Also, one can manage their (emulated or real) GC memory card from the menu. <3
Harm: It can cause dissonance with some games. For example, in 20XX 4.07++, it brings Ganondorf's disrespect factor to a new evil, as his attacks instantly KO foes like targets. It also makes 20XXTE more susceptible to crashing.

Most unmodified games tend to play well with it. I use it all the time and I have no problems with it in any of my games except 20XX and TE. :)

TyroKith

Smash Cadet
^lol I guess what I take away from this is that using Skip IPL is slightly risky with no real payoff. I appreciate the advice!

Here's a question that popped into my head today. Has 20XX changed how respawn works? We now have neutral start, is there such a thing as neutral respawn?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 I want to install Frame speed modifiers mod in 20XX 4.07++. (I installed it with CrazyHand, and melee crashed.)

Help me. I need it for MasterGanon Adventure TAS.

Crazy hand installs FSMs @4089a0

20XX has them located @19D0

just create your perfect ganon's FSMs in a regular iso, then move them over

Krusteaz

Smash Apprentice
I'm having some trouble with custom sword trails on 4.07++. The "Fire Emblem Sword Colors" option in the debug menu does nothing whether it's on or off. Do I have to manually edit in the colors I want somewhere in the DOL? Or is my 20XX messed up.

I also tried using Custom Sword Trails For All Sword users @Punkline made a while ago instead but it doesn't seem to work with 4.07++. Either I'm stupid because I haven't touched Melee modding in a while and I've forgotten too much or my build is ****ed. I tried using codemgr1.1 with the Gecko code too and nothing seemed to happen; when I used it to get the code working in 4.06 everything worked out fine. Any help/tips?

God with a Wavebird

Smash Apprentice
It would be really cool if there was a anti-combo DI option instead of just survival DI.

EDIT: Nevermind. I figured it out.

Last edited:

L0b0s

Smash Rookie
Hey Guys, if you want to play 20XX on your wiiU I uploaded this pack with this last version,(4.07) remember, you need to have Nintendont on your sdcard, and this injected need to be installed with wup installer, works on wiiugamepad like controller too, I would try to create a thread for this pack

[Link removed. Sorry, but due to copywrite issues, game downloads cannot be posted.]

[There are no rules against a guide to teach people how to convert a game that they own into this format, however.]

Last edited by a moderator:

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
Is there a recommended version of dolphin for this?
AfaIk, it doesn't matter, just use 5.0-321 or Faster Melee. Disable the Netplay setting and you're good to go on Dolphin.

Last edited:

V_D_X

Smash Cadet
Hey, what do you think about including a code that holds shield at a constant health it gets hit, during which and after which it starts depleting normally? It could be useful if someone wanted to test/practice shield pressure stuff into shield pokes

Last edited:
What is the most recent version of 20xx that I can play on a stage with one character? I remember being able to do this before, but now I can't seem to figure it out. (I also know their is a name entry glitch to do this, I thought it was just d-pad down or something now)

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
What is the most recent version of 20xx that I can play on a stage with one character? I remember being able to do this before, but now I can't seem to figure it out. (I also know their is a name entry glitch to do this, I thought it was just d-pad down or something now)
Select time and hold start.

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
HELP!
I added some textures to 20XX 4.07++ and now when 20XX won't load (on console with Nintendont). It will get to the screen where it shows all my games, and then I click on it, it loads up, but the screen stays black.
Any suggestions on how to fix this?

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
HELP!
I added some textures to 20XX 4.07++ and now when 20XX won't load (on console with Nintendont). It will get to the screen where it shows all my games, and then I click on it, it loads up, but the screen stays black.
Any suggestions on how to fix this?
Don't swap out the MnSlChr.usd, Achilles added data to the file that 20XX needs to function. Add whichever texture edits you want to the one included in 20XX.

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
Don't swap out the MnSlChr.usd, Achilles added data to the file that 20XX needs to function. Add whichever texture edits you want to the one included in 20XX.
Ah! Thanks!!
Do you have a stock 4.07++ file of MnSlChr.usd?

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
Thanks! It worked!
One tiny problem though: in the debug menu. the thing between "character codes" and "game codes" is missing, but I am still able to click on it! Only problem is that it crashes the game... Any suggestions on how to fix this issue?
ALSO: When you click L/R you the "banner" behind the character changes. I customized these on my 4.05, how do I transfer them to 4.07?

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
I'm having some trouble with custom sword trails on 4.07++. The "Fire Emblem Sword Colors" option in the debug menu does nothing whether it's on or off. Do I have to manually edit in the colors I want somewhere in the DOL? Or is my 20XX messed up.

I also tried using Custom Sword Trails For All Sword users @Punkline made a while ago instead but it doesn't seem to work with 4.07++. Either I'm stupid because I haven't touched Melee modding in a while and I've forgotten too much or my build is ****ed. I tried using codemgr1.1 with the Gecko code too and nothing seemed to happen; when I used it to get the code working in 4.06 everything worked out fine. Any help/tips?
Did you replaced the character costume files? While the main sword trails code is contained in the DOL, the color data for the sword trails is contained within the costume files. We started doing it this way for several reasons:
1) Every single costume can have its own set of colors, rather than several costumes sharing colors
2) This saves space in the DOL or wherever else you might've wanted to store a large look-up table of all colors
3) Costume designers can choose to have their costume release with their chosen sword colors to match their costume
4) Swapping costumes in your game is then hassle-free because you don't have to update sword colors
5) Easier to later change any individual colors than if using a large look-up table of all colors​
The data for the colors is stored at the end of the costume files, in a small block that starts with "SRGB". For example, for Marth's default green costume (PlMsGr.dat):
upload_2017-11-1_17-38-39.png

Another nice thing about this code is that you can simply add or remove a block of code like that to any Marth/Roy costume file, and their sword swing will automatically be either colored or not (in other words a file missing this doesn't break anything). The color format is not RGBA, but you can read about the format here.

Sticksandstones_32

Smash Rookie
does anyone have an iso for this?
Everyone here does. :p
It's easy and quick to build, but illegal to upload and share in the format of a disc image.
Just read the first post, both available methods to build the .iso include very, very simple instructions.

reverie2

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know if the saving a state also saves staling? For example, if I save a state using dpad-right, then nair an enemy, then return to that state using dpad-left, does my nair become staled or is it still fresh?

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
How do I delete some of the pre-installed stage textures from my ISO as well as from the debug menu?

Hello World

Smash Rookie
I'm gonna be running 20xx on my wii but I wanna add custom CSS/CSPS do the textures have to be up to date with the Hack Pack or is it simply just replacing a texture?

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
I'm gonna be running 20xx on my wii but I wanna add custom CSS/CSPS do the textures have to be up to date with the Hack Pack or is it simply just replacing a texture?
Must be up to date with the hack pack.
I can PM you with a CSS w/ some cool CSPs I complied if you want.

Top Bottom