• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

DRGN

Technowizard
Could you give a rundown of how to do this? I am not a techno wizard such as yourself. Thanks.
In Dolphin, right-click on the disc, go to Properties, then the "Gecko Codes" tab and make sure everything is unchecked. Alternatively (e.g. if you want to save the configuration of codes you have selected), in the main menus you can go to Options -> Configure, and toward the top of the General tab disable the checkbox that says "Enable Cheats".

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
If the CPU is just holding shield with infinite shield on, and I load state the shield disappears untill I hit it again.
Was this fixed in 4.07?

Rickety

Peace and Love
Is it possible to save my debug settings (for music, color overlays, etc.) so that I don't have to configure them all over every time I boot it up? I'm using a Wii and Dios Mios.

(I finally relented and made the jump from the 2.06[?] version my friend installed back in 2014 to 4.07, and I am absolutely in awe! Thank you so much for everything that you do for this community, Achilles! :] <3 )

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
I just tested v4.07
And this will still cause dolphin/game to crash:
Training mode, spawn a bunch of items. save state -> load state.
It didn't happen emediatly but after a few loads it crashed.

Edit:
Reminder: If the CPU is holding shield and infinite shield on and you load state the shield will become invisible.
This is also still true in 4.07

Last edited:

Trucid

Smash Rookie
I downloaded the pack and got it working on my wii, but for some reason whenever I press neutral B it just freezes the game and crashes. Anyone familiar with this?

TheJButton

Smash Rookie
Similiar to what @UnclePunch did a while back, I too have compiled some stages and costumes floating around mainly in @zankyou 's threads and worked them into my copy of 4.06.

I'll post a download-link to the files I added or changed down below, so you can rebuild it by yourself using the root files found in the opening post. Just copy-paste into the root folder and save+rebuild with GCR.
Remeber to check "Do not use game.toc" before you Open > Root!!
I made changes to the start.dol, some menu files and replaced some alt skins, so as long as these changes doesn't overlap you could add and replace these files of your existing copy and rebuild it with GCR.

Changes:
- Added Zankyou-imported Stages to fourth SSS, with icons (blue icons!)
- Added new Miiverse posts to the newly added Miiverse stage; tried to pick Melee relevant ones, also made some of my own.
- Imported stages have individual names on the Random Stage Select toggle screen
- Added names for the Third SSS on the Random Stage Select toggle screen
- Swapped Zeldas CSP for the Shiek/Zelda one (simply don't copy "MnSlChr.usd" if you don't care for this, as it will replace all your other CSPs)
- Mario (Green and Blue), C.Falcon (Neutral and Pink) and Marth (Neutral, Black and White) now have alt costumes as their R-alt.

I think thats all. Keep in mind that I did this mostly for my own amusement, and therefore probably left some stages/costumes out due to lack of interest. But you can easily do it yourself pretty easily!
Thanks to Achilles1515 Achilles1515 and @zankyou as well as many, many others for the continuing hard work!

Modified:
SdSlChr.3sd
SdSlChr.4sd
MnSlMap.4sd
MnSlChr.usd
start.dol
PlMrGr.rat (.rat files replaced with alt costumes)
PlMrBu.rat
PlMsNr.rat
PlMsBk.rat
PlMsWh.rat
PlCaNr.rat
PlCaWh.rat

New (Just stage files):
GrTsk.zat
GrTPk.zat
GrTNs.zat
GrTMs.zat
GrTLk.zat
GrTKb.zat
GrTGn.zat
GrTFx.zat
GrTFe.zat
GrTCl.zat
GrTCa.zat
GrNBa.zat
GrNBa.yat
GrNba.xat
GrSt.zat
(chose to go with Z>Y>X to easily keep track of what files were added by me)

Download
After switching to 4.07, I noticed that these stages loaded the ones from MnSlMap.1sd. How would I go about having these stages load again? I assume you'd have to hex edit start.dol to load the stage IDs, but I don''t know how. Can someone point me in the right direction?

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560

oscat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlnklngmars
3DS FC
0318-9801-6641
Last edited:

Trucid

Smash Rookie
I downloaded the pack and got it working on my wii, but for some reason whenever I press neutral B it just freezes the game and crashes. Anyone familiar with this?
I also narrowed it down and it only happens with Ganon. Even with a fresh version on Dolphin it just crashes if I neutral B.

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
I also narrowed it down and it only happens with Ganon. Even with a fresh version on Dolphin it just crashes if I neutral B.
Can confirm this happens. Other than the sheer power of the move, it is strange as I just did downloaded the upgraded to 4.07 which I wouldn't have thought contained any Ganon files.

Krusteaz

Smash Apprentice
I can back up the game crashing when using Ganon's neutral B. Extremely odd

I upgraded my 4.06 using the 4.07+ patch which doesn't look like it contains any Ganon files at all

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
Suggestion: A way the game could tell you how your wavedash angle is (how close it is to optimal for example).
I imagine it could function in the same way the frame counter does or maybe the DI Draw Line.

NintyTheRagekid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintyTheRageKid
3DS FC
5455-9431-1608
Switch FC
SW-2209-3322-3333
A few things:
- The timer bug from holding Start is still present from 4.06 (either ending the match or going to sudden death depending on the stocks)
- Event mode crashes when selecting it in the menu (Tried in Dolphin as well, will also crash when scrolling in Event mode after skipping errors)
- Instant KOs from phantom hits (I think the purple hit means phantom) seems to be a Nintendont thing in some versions. The downloadable version from Github (4.446) doesn't have this issue, but the most current one that is downloadable from Nintendont itself (4.6-something) does have this issue.

EDIT: I'M AN IDIOT. 4.46 IS THE LATEST VERSION OF NINTENDONT, AND THE ISSUE SPRUNG UP FOR ME AGAIN. I wish I could help out FIX94, but I don't know how.

Last edited:

JunkoEnoshirna

Smash Rookie
NNID
spookytree
EDIT: Fixed my original issue, but the links for the guides in the OP aren't working.

Last edited:

Sticksandstones_32

Smash Rookie
Some of Ganon's moves insta-kill his target immediately upon contact--they don't fly offscreen, they just die, not unlike in stamina mode but without death plume, which makes Ganon still unplayable in 4.07++.

Edit: Mewtwo is also plagued with this glitch. CPU battles with two Mewtwos and two Ganondirfs end in less than 30 seconds.

Last edited:

NintyTheRagekid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintyTheRageKid
3DS FC
5455-9431-1608
Switch FC
SW-2209-3322-3333
Some of Ganon's moves insta-kill his target immediately upon contact--they don't fly offscreen, they just die, not unlike in stamina mode but without death plume, which makes Ganon still unplayable in 4.07++.

Edit: Mewtwo is also plagued with this glitch. CPU battles with two Mewtwos and two Ganondirfs end in less than 30 seconds.
I assume you're using Nintendont. Try downgrading to 4.446 here. I had the same issues, but downgrading seemed to fix it for me.

EDIT: SCRATCH THAT. I'M AN IDIOT. 4.46 IS THE LATEST VERSION. I GIVE UP. This insta-KO garbage doesn't happen on Dolphin as far as I'm concerned. So what's the issue?

Last edited:

TheLastOneAlive

Smash Cadet
Does anyone have a link to a download of 4.05? Or perhaps know where to get this skin that was in 4.05?

The Captain Falco skin listed in the first post is a little different then this one and I like this one much better but, I don't really know where to find textures aside from this thread.

Edit: Whoops. I meant the Official Melee Texture Hack thread, not this one.

Last edited:

Sticksandstones_32

Smash Rookie
I assume you're using Nintendont. Try downgrading to 4.446 here. I had the same issues, but downgrading seemed to fix it for me.

EDIT: SCRATCH THAT. I'M AN IDIOT. 4.46 IS THE LATEST VERSION. I GIVE UP. This insta-KO garbage doesn't happen on Dolphin as far as I'm concerned. So what's the issue?
I've found the issue, it's the GameCube BIOS, and the solution for Nintendont is to enable Skip IPL in Nintendont's settings. I've found that success has varied with IPL enabled, however, regardless of whether there is a savegame or you're using memcard emulation, as long as the GameCube BIOS isn't there, the issue is gone.
I was able to use the BIOS in 4.06 with very, very little problem, although this problem wasn't there.

Last edited:

HTAG

Smash Rookie
Is there a way to stop the CPU from pointlessly moving around the stage (doing things like tight dash dances and spamming wavedashes, as well as literally just running to the ledge to do some ledge stall for no reason)? It's mainly the fact that the CPU will literally run to the edge to stall for a few seconds that annoys me. At this point I've gone back to using 3.02 since I don't have to wait for the AI to get off the ledge to practice punishes.

Sticksandstones_32

Smash Rookie
The CPU won't stop dashdancing. I'm just trying to have a normal match. Plz Help? I'm using 4.05.
Is there a way to stop the CPU from pointlessly moving around the stage (doing things like tight dash dances and spamming wavedashes, as well as literally just running to the ledge to do some ledge stall for no reason)?
You can always go to Debug > General > VS Melee Flags and set the AI CPU type to something other than 20XX. (If you're trying to practice punishing, you might want to set your opponent's CPU Type to Normalish, because 20XX has intricate ways to avoid setting itself up for punishment, although this is also helpful in practicing against, and it's still quite possible to punish.)
Player 4's CPU AI type is Normalish by default.
Or, go to Debug > CPU codes and reduce Neutral Defense to a more reasonable 10 while keeping offense at 100 to make them way more aggressive and less likely to be dancing all over the place (these options only affect 20XX CPU Type). There's all sort of options in this menu that might help your case, Achilles has made it quite flexible.
Keep in mind that I'm referring to v4.07++.

Last edited:

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
Is there a way to stop the CPU from pointlessly moving around the stage (doing things like tight dash dances and spamming wavedashes, as well as literally just running to the ledge to do some ledge stall for no reason)? It's mainly the fact that the CPU will literally run to the edge to stall for a few seconds that annoys me. At this point I've gone back to using 3.02 since I don't have to wait for the AI to get off the ledge to practice punishes.
you can select port 4 for your CPU. It has normal behavior, but DI's and Techs, and recovers afaik.

suggestion: can we have a color overlay for succesful fast-falling?

Last edited by a moderator:

oscat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlnklngmars
3DS FC
0318-9801-6641

What I noticed is that if you run the iso in one loader it may trigger this glitch when loading on another.

Phloppo

Smash Rookie
I appear to be having issues with player 2 always holding d pad up, with or without a controller in the port. I can't find anything in the debug menus for this, and it seems to cause issues with stage select and not being able to move the cursor from center screen. I'm not sure why these would be linked, but I don't see anyone else having either of these problems so it seems to Just updated to 4.07++ from 4.05 a few hours ago and 4.05 was working perfectly fine.

TyroKith

Smash Cadet
Going back to a question I asked a few months ago. I see that Crowd Cheer is known as Publicity in Melee's debug menu, and it can be turned off/on. Was this feature carried over to 20XXHP?

Ed94

Smash Apprentice
Suggestion for the all star game mode.

Allow for stages to be filtered using the random stage switch instead of only allowing legal stages or all. I would like to play modded stages without the defaults is all.

NordicWonder

Smash Rookie
Does the UI of 4.07++ look like 4.06 for anyone else. Had 4.07+ and that looked different and updated. Wondering if this means I screwed up somewhere. I'm sure it's the right file etc and Nintendont lists it at 4.07 but the ui and css says 4.06. Weird.

Sticksandstones_32

Smash Rookie
I appear to be having issues with player 2 always holding d pad up, with or without a controller in the port. [...] Just updated to 4.07++ from 4.05 a few hours ago and 4.05 was working perfectly fine.
What program/app are you using to run 20XX? If you're using Nintendont, ensure that Native Control is enabled.

Sticksandstones_32

Smash Rookie
Crap, I have too little experience with Dolphin, since my computer isn't much newer than Melee. However, any other emulator that has given me this issue had a problem with its configuration somehow. Do take a look at any controller-related settings in Dolphin and look for misconfiguration, or delete your current config and start anew. Realistically, with a PC running Dolphin, there are so many possible culprits. Misconfiguration within Dolphin or the controller driver (see Control Panel), driver-related input aberrations, misconfigured wrappers such as joy2key/x360ce or use of a janky adapter, truly all sorts of possiblities. It's quite hard to say. Best advice I can give at this point is to check any settings that involve your controller or input which Dolphin recognizes, and unplug any USB/PS\2 devices you're not actively using.

DRGN

Technowizard
I appear to be having issues with player 2 always holding d pad up, with or without a controller in the port. I can't find anything in the debug menus for this, and it seems to cause issues with stage select and not being able to move the cursor from center screen. I'm not sure why these would be linked, but I don't see anyone else having either of these problems so it seems to Just updated to 4.07++ from 4.05 a few hours ago and 4.05 was working perfectly fine.
Make sure you don't have any Gecko Codes enabled in Dolphin (see here for how to check).

Does the UI of 4.07++ look like 4.06 for anyone else. Had 4.07+ and that looked different and updated. Wondering if this means I screwed up somewhere. I'm sure it's the right file etc and Nintendont lists it at 4.07 but the ui and css says 4.06. Weird.
It sounds like you don't have the most recent version. You might try the latest downloads in the OP. The xdelta method found there uses hashes to verify your iso was built correctly.

Charmilio

Smash Apprentice
yo my boy Achilles1515 Achilles1515 mad shouts to 4.07, but wanted to let you know that the FAQ lost its hyperlinks (assuming it had them to begin with). Thought you might like to know and refresh that so ppl can get their questions frequently answered.

edit: also can't hit that mf paypal or discord buttons.

Last edited:

TyroKith

Smash Cadet
Do I need to be in develop mode to enable the fixed camera point of view? I want to practice my movement solo but the one-player camera is trash.

Sticksandstones_32

Smash Rookie
Do I need to be in develop mode to enable the fixed camera point of view? I want to practice my movement solo but the one-player camera is trash.
Yes, pause the game and D-Pad Right to cycle and enable Develop toggles. This also allows you to quickly disable it again.

X+Left with Develop Mode enabled cycles between Normal, Develop, Zoom, and Fixed camera modes.

Last edited by a moderator:

PHrez

Smash Rookie
I tried playing it on dolphin, and the metal skin is constantly on and can't be turned off. I tried everything in the debug menu, and it still didn't fix the problem.

Top Bottom