• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

WithoutaHitch

Smash Rookie
Wow this new update is looking great. It runs fine in Dolphin but I can't seem to get it to work on console. Just leads to a black screen. I'm using the latest release of Swiss on a gamecube. I've verified that the md5s match and checked for cheats being enabled. I just can't seem to find the issue. 4.05 and 3.02 worked fine with my setup. Anyone have any ideas on what I can do?

oscat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlnklngmars
3DS FC
0318-9801-6641
Does anyone know how to add more stage texture mods?
Go into DAT Wizard 5.0.1, look how the stages are named. Some are like .5at, .6at, or .7at at the end. Just simply add another stage going down the list. Add a stage ending in ".8at" for example, then rebuild your iso.

D

Deleted member 337186

Acryte

Smash Ace
There is a reddit post detailing the changes somewhere a few pages back.

yungbami

Smash Rookie
Go into DAT Wizard 5.0.1, look how the stages are named. Some are like .5at, .6at, or .7at at the end. Just simply add another stage going down the list. Add a stage ending in ".8at" for example, then rebuild your iso.
thanks fam

SadFlyersFan

Smash Rookie
NNID
SadFlyersFan
What's the best way of adding music? I've encountered issues with 20xx music manager and 20xx song injector

Gehis514

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4004 9260 8249
What's the best way of adding music? I've encountered issues with 20xx music manager and 20xx song injector
What's wrong with the song injector? If nothing works, you'll have to do it manually

Zeus_Da_master

Smash Journeyman
thanks but i was talking bout on the CSS so you won't have to memorize which are which. and also when new comers come to 20xx they know what skins they're choosing

oscat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlnklngmars
3DS FC
0318-9801-6641
thanks but i was talking bout on the CSS so you won't have to memorize which are which. and also when new comers come to 20xx they know what skins they're choosing
The colors are good enough for me. I don't feel like I have to memorize anything. Plus not every skin has a csp for them, so it wouldn't seem worth implementing yet imo

Last edited:

Zeus_Da_master

Smash Journeyman
The colors are good enough for me. I don't feel like I have to memorize anything. Plus not every skin has a csp for them, so it wouldn't seem worth implementing yet imo
you just make the csps. i did that with my mod. but i just replaced the normal skins, idk how to change the csps of the L and R alts. would love to find out how

Krusteaz

Smash Apprentice
you just make the csps. i did that with my mod. but i just replaced the normal skins, idk how to change the csps of the L and R alts. would love to find out how
Put MnSsChr.usd in a Hex Editor and ctrl+f "Captain" You'll see a list of all character names on the right

The hex in between the names corresponds to the costumes in order. The 8 on the left change the L alt and the last 8 on the right change the R alt
The first 4 change the main color and the second 4 change the line color

Ex:
L1 = Left Main color R1 = Right Main Color
L2 = Left Line color R2 = Right Line Color

L1 L1 L1 L1 L2 L2 L2 L2 R1 R1 R1 R1 R2 R2 R2 R2

Hope that helps, if I explained that coherently at all lol

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
Put MnSsChr.usd in a Hex Editor and ctrl+f "Captain" You'll see a list of all character names on the right

The hex in between the names corresponds to the costumes in order. The 8 on the left change the L alt and the last 8 on the right change the R alt
The first 4 change the main color and the second 4 change the line color

Ex:
L1 = Left Main color R1 = Right Main Color
L2 = Left Line color R2 = Right Line Color

L1 L1 L1 L1 L2 L2 L2 L2 R1 R1 R1 R1 R2 R2 R2 R2

Hope that helps, if I explained that coherently at all lol
I am not 100 % sure this is what you are talking about, but DAT texture wizard can automatically change the csp L and R background colors

Krusteaz

Smash Apprentice
I am not 100 % sure this is what you are talking about, but DAT texture wizard can automatically change the csp L and R background colors
Oh I know about that. I just like doing it manually because I really like fine tuning the colors to look just right

SadFlyersFan

Smash Rookie
NNID
SadFlyersFan
I put the renamed songs in the root/audio/ folder and pasted MnSlChr.usd in as well, then rebuilt the iso.

What steps did you exactly take
^ I'm dumb and keep forgetting to quote you.

Last edited by a moderator:

alan_alonso

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I am new to melee (i've watched for a couple of years, but not played) and am trying to play this hack pack in the dolphin emuator, but in the debug menu i cant really read, it keeps alternating between frames but most of th time everything is like the following picture

what should I do?

Last edited:

ChoiceCuts

Smash Rookie
I am sorry ahead of time if this just solidifies me as the shining example of a scrub, but would I actually need a 1.02 physical copy of melee for all of this, or would I be able to just create an ISO without needing a disk? I currently have a copy of 1.00 but idk if that will work. I appreciate any help!

Brett Peat

Smash Rookie
I am sorry ahead of time if this just solidifies me as the shining example of a scrub, but would I actually need a 1.02 physical copy of melee for all of this, or would I be able to just create an ISO without needing a disk? I currently have a copy of 1.00 but idk if that will work. I appreciate any help!
There are 2 different methods in the OP. The first (the one I used) does not require anything other than what is contained in the download. I would personally suggest using DAT Texture Wizard to build the iso (Seperate download), but GCR comes included in the download if you want to use that one.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
just throwing this out there again.
a color blind option would be VERY appreciated. even if its quick guide for me to do it myself.

Achilles1515 Achilles1515
DI Draw colors are highlighted in red. From top to bottom, they are SDI, ASDI, Pre-DI, Post-DI.
Capture.PNG

Hey guys, I am new to melee (i've watched for a couple of years, but not played) and am trying to play this hack pack in the dolphin emuator, but in the debug menu i cant really read, it keeps alternating between frames but most of th time everything is like the following picture

what should I do?
Use regular Dolphin or Faster Melee 4.9 beta. Make sure to disable the Netplay Community Settings Gecko code.

Last edited:

Mistaros

Smash Cadet
Hi guys,

I'm using 4.06 on dolphin 5.0

I don't know why, but I can't run the dual 1v1 mode correctly. I still can hit and damage the two other fighters.
I've try : friendlyfire (ff) on/ team off ; ff on/team on ; ff off/team off and ff off/team on.
I'm doing something wrong, but don't know what ? Have any clues please ?

Also in chess mode, when I kill someone by a star-ko, not a screen-ko, I have some error messages, like :
invalid read from 0x3f802219,PC=0x800330a7c
invalid read from 0x3f802219,PC=0x800330aa8
invalid read from 0x3f80221f,PC=0x800330aa8
invalid read from 0xbf80000c,PC=0x800330af4
If you just say "ok" to this messages, the game still continue but it's a little hassle when playing with friends.

Anyway, the training pack is awesome. Thanks a lot for it.

VonRichter316

Smash Rookie
ik this may seem like a stupid question but can someone tell me step by step how to install this on my sd card properly? ive trired like 4x but it wont wor. Can someone please help me?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Hi guys,

I'm using 4.06 on dolphin 5.0

I don't know why, but I can't run the dual 1v1 mode correctly. I still can hit and damage the two other fighters.
I've try : friendlyfire (ff) on/ team off ; ff on/team on ; ff off/team off and ff off/team on.
I'm doing something wrong, but don't know what ? Have any clues please ?

Also in chess mode, when I kill someone by a star-ko, not a screen-ko, I have some error messages, like :
invalid read from 0x3f802219,PC=0x800330a7c
invalid read from 0x3f802219,PC=0x800330aa8
invalid read from 0x3f80221f,PC=0x800330aa8
invalid read from 0xbf80000c,PC=0x800330af4
If you just say "ok" to this messages, the game still continue but it's a little hassle when playing with friends.

Anyway, the training pack is awesome. Thanks a lot for it.
Dual 1v1 is broken. So is Chess Melee, like you said. These issues are already fixed for next patch, though! Thanks for reporting.

KirinKQP

Smash Journeyman
Since I suck with rebuilding .iso files and am a little impatient, does anyone have the full .iso for the hack pack that they can just post for others to download? WINK

Last edited:

oscat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlnklngmars
3DS FC
0318-9801-6641
Since I suck with rebuilding .iso files and am a little impatient, does anyone have the full .iso for the hack pack that they can just post for others to download? WINK
It's a pretty simple installation

ChoiceCuts

Smash Rookie
There are 2 different methods in the OP. The first (the one I used) does not require anything other than what is contained in the download. I would personally suggest using DAT Texture Wizard to build the iso (Seperate download), but GCR comes included in the download if you want to use that one.
Thanks dude I appreciate it. I'll see if I don't mess it up now haha

Top Bottom