• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

ytrac1234

Smash Rookie

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Thanks to everyone involved in the 20XX hackpack. The new version looks even better than previous installments. Amazing work. This project is also so good for the community as it facilitates even better and more fun practice sessions for veterans and new players alike. 11/10 for making the best game ever even better.

Clark.r16

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0963-3805-7620
Hi. Sorry if i'm being ignorant here, But i'm experiencing a huge bug on 20xx 4.06 which happens during game play. After I land an attack, the cpu will sometimes vanish out of thin air and randomly lose their stock (along with their death sound.) Is anyone else experiencing this??

Pruben

Smash Cadet
I know I might sound like a newb but why does all my debug menu text get all blurry and unreadable..... Excuse my poor langwidge. I is from Canadia

Gehis514

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4004 9260 8249
I just finished playing my music files from my 4.05 iso into 4.06 and it all plays fine, but now the game freezes when i try to select battlefield or dreamland on the stage select screen. Idk if there's any correlation, but what may be the problem? I'm using nintendont on wii

Sinned

Smash Rookie
Hey man can you bring that gothic ***** peach back
I roll with that and I dig that style
men and black and that gold and black **** just doesnt cut it for me.

I wanted to play as that ***** at tournies because she was a badass
Now she is gone forever
You could also just get rid of rosalina or whatever that green haired ***** is if i wanted to play as them id play the game they were from.

th3_sylvester

Smash Rookie
Is there a way to replace the stages in the "user custom" stage select screen with actual custom stages without replacing the default stages? I went through the hex but only found one copy of each default stage which I guess means I can't add stages without replacing others.

Last edited:

skatefilter5

Smash Rookie
its possbile to restore handicaps instead of stocks because i control 3 player within handicap with strength.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Hey, something I noticed in a practice session yesterday: if you choose random and random tells you to be male fighting wire frame (which can happen if you leave that setting on Falcon), the game will softlock. Not sure if this happens with other characters that are accessed by pressing Z on another character or not, but it is something to be aware of.
Also not sure if this issue was prevalent in previous versions of 20XX, as I just noticed this for the first time yesterday.
I am having trouble reproducing this (on Dolphin, haven't tried console). So I set Falcon to be Male Wireframe, then put my cursor over the random slot and hit A and it choose Male Wireframe without any issue. Were you seeing your game softlock immediately following hitting A to choose the random character?

Shinigami Steve

Smash Rookie
Hey, I was just wondering where to put my own custom stage files. I am having trouble setting them into the custom slots.

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
Is there a way to replace the stages in the "user custom" stage select screen with actual custom stages without replacing the default stages? I went through the hex but only found one copy of each default stage which I guess means I can't add stages without replacing others.
I would assume you have seen this?
https://smashboards.com/threads/the...k-v4-06-4-20-17.351221/page-129#post-20702420
I am assuming this still works, and that now the 4th page is supported;
Hey, I was just wondering where to put my own custom stage files. I am having trouble setting them into the custom slots.
I assume you are talking about the same thing?

Last edited:

clarify

Smash Cadet
I am having trouble reproducing this (on Dolphin, haven't tried console). So I set Falcon to be Male Wireframe, then put my cursor over the random slot and hit A and it choose Male Wireframe without any issue. Were you seeing your game softlock immediately following hitting A to choose the random character?
Yes, the game immediately softlocked. It kept playing the music, but no inputs would change anything. The cursor didn't even move to Falcon.

This was done on a hacked Wii on Dios Mios, so it could be an emulator issue instead. I have not tried to reproduce this on any other emulator put on Wiis (like Nintendont) or on Dolphin.

ANGL

Smash Rookie
achilles, do you think you could also put up a link of how to get and load the 20XX hack pack on nintendont? That would be great.

Dr. Boom

Smash Rookie
So I'm having trouble installing this. I have been trying to follow all of the instructions but I get the the part after I save the root thing and I don't know what to do with the ISO I try DiscEX and I get on nintendont and I can slect melee but it just loads into a blackscreens

Acryte

Smash Ace
Hey man can you bring that gothic ***** peach back
I roll with that and I dig that style
men and black and that gold and black **** just doesnt cut it for me.

I wanted to play as that ***** at tournies because she was a badass
Now she is gone forever
You could also just get rid of rosalina or whatever that green haired ***** is if i wanted to play as them id play the game they were from.
You know it's super easy to just install your own custom skins using the DAT Texture Wizard right? Hit up Modulous and snag all the ones you like.

Gehis514

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4004 9260 8249
I just finished playing my music files from my 4.05 iso into 4.06 and it all plays fine, but now the game freezes when i try to select battlefield or dreamland on the stage select screen. Idk if there's any correlation, but what may be the problem? I'm using nintendont on wii
i figured out that the "aesthetic" texture for battlefield and "green greens background" for dreamland no longer work for me anymore, alongside metal caverns and metroid lab now, and this only happens when i try to replace some of the .hps files. any way that this can be fixed?

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
So this will work with adding textures? I am new to modding as well and want to be able to put custom textures for stages.
Are you talking about putting on new textures? Use the DAT texture wizard. If you are importing new models is the other thing.
So I'm having trouble installing this. I have been trying to follow all of the instructions but I get the the part after I save the root thing and I don't know what to do with the ISO I try DiscEX and I get on nintendont and I can slect melee but it just loads into a blackscreens
Probably shouldn't use DiscEX, just use gcr (or DAT Texture Wizard). Is your sd card set up right?

Krusteaz

Smash Apprentice
i figured out that the "aesthetic" texture for battlefield and "green greens background" for dreamland no longer work for me anymore, alongside metal caverns and metroid lab now, and this only happens when i try to replace some of the .hps files. any way that this can be fixed?
Can you try moving the aesthetic Battlefield texture up a slot? I'm having the same problem after putting in my 4.05 music as well. Right now and it seems to me that it's actually the GrNBa.dat//.0at/.1at etc that's causing the problem. Once I get to GrNBa.6at my stages refuse to load. I moved the textures up and the ones that didn't load before loaded when in the higher slot

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Yes, the game immediately softlocked. It kept playing the music, but no inputs would change anything. The cursor didn't even move to Falcon.

This was done on a hacked Wii on Dios Mios, so it could be an emulator issue instead. I have not tried to reproduce this on any other emulator put on Wiis (like Nintendont) or on Dolphin.
Hmm strange. I still can't reproduce it. On console (Dios Mios Lite, CFG Loader), I just turned on all the extra characters and then sat with my cursor over the empty slot for a solid minute spamming A and B. Also spammed opening a CPU port and couldn't get anything to freeze. Is it happening for you consistently?

Can you try moving the aesthetic Battlefield texture up a slot? I'm having the same problem after putting in my 4.05 music as well. Right now and it seems to me that it's actually the GrNBa.dat//.0at/.1at etc that's causing the problem. Once I get to GrNBa.6at my stages refuse to load. I moved the textures up and the ones that didn't load before loaded when in the higher slot
These problems aren't really making sense to me. I had one dude on Reddit say his game would never load up a few stages like Metal Cavern and Metroid Lab. I told him to try rebuilding his ISO using a different method and he said it fixed the issue....

BasiltheBatLord

Smash Rookie
I'm having an issue with 4.06 on Dolphin 5.0 in which my control stick is essentially frozen on the stage select screen and so I can't move the cursor to select any stages. This has not been the case when playing the same ISO on a Wii via SD card. Any ideas?

Also, is it possible to take the metal skin off CPU? I don't know if this was intentional or a bug but all CPUs default to a metal skin and I don't see a way to take it off.

Thanks.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I'm having an issue with 4.06 on Dolphin 5.0 in which my control stick is essentially frozen on the stage select screen and so I can't move the cursor to select any stages. This has not been the case when playing the same ISO on a Wii via SD card. Any ideas?

Also, is it possible to take the metal skin off CPU? I don't know if this was intentional or a bug but all CPUs default to a metal skin and I don't see a way to take it off.

Thanks.
Disable Netplay Gecko code. Only use Faster Melee 4.9 beta or regular Dolphin.

clarify

Smash Cadet
Hmm strange. I still can't reproduce it. On console (Dios Mios Lite, CFG Loader), I just turned on all the extra characters and then sat with my cursor over the empty slot for a solid minute spamming A and B. Also spammed opening a CPU port and couldn't get anything to freeze. Is it happening for you consistently?
Will try to reproduce the error now. It may have just been a one-time thing (hardware error, maybe?), but I'll see if it keeps happening.

Gehis514

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4004 9260 8249
These problems aren't really making sense to me. I had one dude on Reddit say his game would never load up a few stages like Metal Cavern and Metroid Lab. I told him to try rebuilding his ISO using a different method and he said it fixed the issue....
depends on how that dude ended up with that problem. i can get the base 4.06 iso to work just fine, it just seems like the problem presents itself once i delete some music files and add my own. i'll keep at it tho

clarify

Smash Cadet
Will try to reproduce the error now. It may have just been a one-time thing (hardware error, maybe?), but I'll see if it keeps happening.
Insanely odd. Tried it right after finishing a match and it only softlocked on Male Wire Frame (the rest went without a hitch). It softlocked so hard I had to unplug the Wii (the power button wouldn't turn it off). Booted it up again and tried it before any matches on P1 slot and no problems. Tried it on P2 slot as well and also no problems.

I am actually now extremely curious. It would make sense that matches in-game could leave some kind of coding change, but something that could possibly cause a freeze on the CSS?

Chalex

Smash Rookie
how do i add more pokemon stadium custom stages? doesnt look like there is any other files i can replace

edit:
i thought there was more files for the stage changes

Last edited:

TheLaw

Smash Apprentice
I had the same problem with adding music. Once I added the songs I started having problems with certain stages i.e. Metal Gear Solid Dreamland, Cstat Battlefield, etc. Once I picked these stages the game would continue playing the music but would freeze up. Also setting a certain amount of stages to random caused the same problem. I reverted back to the original 4.06 and the problems were gone. I replaced 36 songs (I use melee music manager). Not sure if this has something to do with it but the file size increased too from 1.22 to 1.4

Edit: I use a hacked wii with dios mios

Edit 2: I never actually messed with the music once I added the songs, I used the default music. Game still froze up.

Last edited:

JaiSharp

Smash Rookie
Hey, I got a problem with the custom music.

I've selected the playlist I want and then turn on "disable alternate music" (because it sated "turn this option on if using playlists"
but whenever I load up a stage it straight up freeze. Doesn't matter if it's on or off.

Edit: it even effects stages without the different change of music.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:

skatefilter5

Smash Rookie
i have a problem went i abort the match it get me stuck by playing in random stages and i can't get the character select screen it force me to random stages with the same characters

Fishaman P

Smash Apprentice
are we reading the same instructions?

"Step 5. Check "Run directly in" and click Go
After this, GCRebuilder should run normally. Now, click Image -> Open... and browse for your Melee 1.02 iso. Your window should look like in Step 6."
No, we aren't reading the same instructions. You're definitely not building 4.06. Download the files from the OP.

YannikTheGenius

Smash Rookie
I've made screenshots of all 20XX 4.06 character skins using Dolphin running in 16:9 widescreen, i thought this may help some people out who either are curious and wanna see what has changed since the last version or maybe some of you wanna replace these textures and put other custom textures in there instead (which was the reason for me to make these screenshots in the first place).
You all probably know that the background color is changing when pressing L or R when loading a custom character texture, I've written down which color it is changing to for each costume (with the first color being the "character box" itself and the second color being the small line on the right), which may help you when replacing textures, you can choose the one which may fit more with the new texture.
Some of these may be not 100% accurate, sometimes I wasn't sure how I should describe the colors exactly.
Anyways, I figured it may be helping some of you out and that's why I thought I could upload this.

https://mega.nz/#!I8FWmIpK!TofVg1fny49tyeHGf4NxmTm6RJYKi_fIwglNidlBm7g

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Is it also possible to replace the L/R toggle alternate (mod) costumes with other mod costumes in V4.06 (if compatible with the corresponding in-game color)? Or can only the normal color costume (that's already in the game) be replaced with other mods?

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560

Mr. Squirtle

Smash Rookie
The xdelta install script isn't working for me (Linux Mint 18). For now I used windows to do this but this issue might be present for other Linux users.

First I had this issue:
$ ./20xx-4.06-convert.sh GALE01.iso
./20xx-4.06-convert.sh: line 1: $'\r': command not found
.... other stuff like this,

which I solved by installing 'dos2unix' since the dos newline isn't recognized by Unix apparently. I then installed xdelta3 (which I noticed from reading the actual script, I feel that these two things would be helpful to mention in the ReadMe)

$ ./20xx-4.06-convert.sh GALE01.iso
Verifying that the given file is a vanilla v1.02 copy of SSBM.
This will take a few moments....SUCCESS
The ISO has been verified!

Constructing 20XXHP 4.06.
Please stand by....FAIL
<---- not sure why
Conversion complete!

Would you like to check the hash of your new 20XX copy? (y/n):

Any ideas? I might be one of the only Linux users downloading 20xx and am not good enough at shell to diagnose the issue.

Last edited:

The True Slayer

Smash Rookie
Im having a slight problem. Whenever I'm at the character select screen the cpu or any other player besides 1st, is auto toggled to the metal skin, and I cannot undo it. This is also preventing me from toggling metal on for the first player. This happens to players 2, 3, and 4 reguardless of status (cp or controlled player). Any ideas how to remedy this?

oscat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlnklngmars
3DS FC
0318-9801-6641
Im having a slight problem. Whenever I'm at the character select screen the cpu or any other player besides 1st, is auto toggled to the metal skin, and I cannot undo it. This is also preventing me from toggling metal on for the first player. This happens to players 2, 3, and 4 reguardless of status (cp or controlled player). Any ideas how to remedy this?
Turn off netplay settings code

Top Bottom