• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

ssknight7

Smash Apprentice
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 with 4.05's 1 year anniversary a few short months away, will we see an update perhaps with CPU actions re-enabled / and things like shine on getup and double jump on uthrow?

<3

BoneR96

Smash Rookie
Are you using Nintendont? If so, is Native Control set to ON? What happens when you recalibrate the controller with X+Y+Start for 3 secs? It should function the exact same as vanilla Melee.
Was using cfg for your 4.00 04 build because Nintendont didn't like it, now it's the other way around, so my guess its the USB loader causing it. I turned on native control cuz it was off, and changed the effect by having the shield light shielding, and a digital press giving a full shield. Went into the live inputs and messed around with resetting the controller and trigger position, and on the second try with the trigger all the way down until digital press, it worked. I don't know if I will have to calibrate it this way on reset, but thank you anyhow!

EmperorReinhard

Smash Rookie
Consider adding a PIN/password feature to the debug menu? Who knows, maybe a TO might want to set up a small, friendly tourney with the hacked maps. Quite a handful of them have the potential to be really fun to play on.

KegMaster7000x

Smash Rookie
Below statements only apply to when a character is DI'ing for the DamageFlyTop action state. Getting u-thrown is a good example of this, but it may not be the case for every character's u-throw.

1) Set CUSTOM IN/OUT DI CHANCE to 100.
--> 100% chance to use custom x-axis DI instead of regular decision DI (which is what you specify with the DIRECTIONAL INFLUENCE selection at the top of the menu).

2) Set CUSTOM INWARD DI CHANCE to 0.
--> when using custom x-axis DI, there will be a 0% chance to DI inward (inward = current facing direction). This means there will be a 100% to do the opposite of inward, which is outward (away from the facing direction).

3) specify the x-axis DI strength. Everything below 0.28 is dead zone and is the same as 0.

Some throws have interesting properties, like Marth's u-throw, which turn the thrown character around. In this case, you'd probably want to switch the CUSTOM INWARD DI CHANCE around because DI'ing inward would actually be like DI'ing away from Marth.

I tried to get sheik to DI falcon's downthrow to avoid the chaingrabs.
I did what you said, he DI's slightly out every time but the sheik doesnt DI it away enough to be able to avoid the regrab.

When it's at default settings, it does the correct away DI sometimes to avoid regrab. I want to be able to replicate that furthest DI.

Is there anything else I should be trying?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I tried to get sheik to DI falcon's downthrow to avoid the chaingrabs.
I did what you said, he DI's slightly out every time but the sheik doesnt DI it away enough to be able to avoid the regrab.

When it's at default settings, it does the correct away DI sometimes to avoid regrab. I want to be able to replicate that furthest DI.

Is there anything else I should be trying?
Try reversing the custom inward di chance to 100. I think I messed up a branch in the code for this feature.

Consider adding a PIN/password feature to the debug menu? Who knows, maybe a TO might want to set up a small, friendly tourney with the hacked maps. Quite a handful of them have the potential to be really fun to play on.
Debug Menu --> Extras --> Lock Debug Menu

Achilles1515 Achilles1515 with 4.05's 1 year anniversary a few short months away, will we see an update perhaps with CPU actions re-enabled / and things like shine on getup and double jump on uthrow?

<3
Yes, it is coming. Slowly but surely.

Last edited:

L3MAITR3

Smash Rookie
Im stuck trying to rebuild the iso and I've read the readme file.
For Mac or Linux:
Move your ISO into this folder, and run these commands in Terminal:

cd /to/the/directory/with/your/iso/and/script
chmod a+rx script_file.sh
./script_file.sh ssbm_1.02.iso

Could someone explain to me what the second command in the terminal should look like? In other words what is the script_file.sh?

Watt

Smash Rookie
Hey, Achilles. Thanks again for all that you do for us.

I was just wondering if you intend to add wobbling Iceclimber and wall of pain Jigglypuff AI in the next update?

I know you said the AI from 4.05 was just "phase one" Was just curious if you had specific goals for the AI for the next patch.

You rock.

ManofDapper

Smash Rookie
Okay, I must be dumb. How do I upgrade to the new 20XX (4.05) from the last version (Beta 04) without losing all of the stage and character skins I have added in the meantime?

DraGon72097

Smash Rookie
Okay, I must be dumb. How do I upgrade to the new 20XX (4.05) from the last version (Beta 04) without losing all of the stage and character skins I have added in the meantime?
Extract the files of the stages and skins you replaced, and add them to the new root folder. You may have to rename some file names, for example, GrNLa.dat > GrNLa.0at, or PlCaRe.usd > PlCaRr.usd. Then rebuild the ISO using GCR, or some equivalent tool.

Edit: The examples I gave are just that, examples, I'm not sure if you HAVE to rename PlCaRe.usd to PlCaRr.usd.

Last edited:

UigiPercent

Smash Rookie
Hello!

I'm currently running 20xx 4.05 on my mac with dolphin 5.0, and for the first couple of days the pack worked great, but now when I try to access the hacked stages it doesn't load them and directs me to the single player stages. I have tried re-downloading dolphin and re-building the iso but nothing seems to work, is there a solution for this?

Parks

Smash Cadet
I own the Melee Disk and i play on Wii, what method should i use for this. (my wii is hacked.)

Akli LT

Smash Rookie
Is it just me or are some hacked stages not present in 4.05. Smashvile is missing also skyrule, custom bf, no lava brinstar and legal great bay. i used the xdalta patch. am i doing something wrong?

Last edited:

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
I own the Melee Disk and i play on Wii, what method should i use for this. (my wii is hacked.)
Just download, rebuild, and play using either Dios Mios or Nintendont, you don't need any other files.

DraGon72097

Smash Rookie
Is it just me or are some hacked stages not present in 4.05. Smashvile is missing also skyrule, custom bf, no lava brinstar and legal great bay. i used the xdalta patch. am i doing something wrong?
Try using the GCR method and see if that works.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Is there any way to get characters to change colors when in shieldstun or hitstun in 20xx? I know there was a code for the shieldstun for dolphin made a while ago, just curious if that got implemented any more.

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
Is there any way to get characters to change colors when in shieldstun or hitstun in 20xx? I know there was a code for the shieldstun for dolphin made a while ago, just curious if that got implemented any more.
Isn't there an option for that in the Debug Menu color overlays?

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Isn't there an option for that in the Debug Menu color overlays?
Just got the latest version of 20XX. I see there are color overlays for hitlag and hitstun. I couldn't find anything for shieldstun though unless it's one of the action states I overlooked.

Jonas

Smash Champion
Shield stun is called GUARDSETOFF,

Btw will it be possible in the future to add a function where the CPU spams an aerial, similar to the action spam that is already in 3.02? Since it's more common to space with aerials that ground normals it would be nice with a way to get a feel for the spacing of certain attacks.

V_D_X

Smash Cadet
On the topic of CPU spam, it'd be pretty useful if you could have random-length pauses between the moves so you could practice reacting to stuff.

Krusteaz

Smash Apprentice
I finally got around to changing my game banner and now Dolphin has the 20XX name when I pick it but also (Disc 47). What's going on here and how can I fix it
90f80dde24688465ff485c3aaa5e21d0.png

This is what it looks like. I've even gone into a Hex Editor and used GCRebuiler and the name looks fine, this is really weird

_yuna

Smash Apprentice
Does Melee Code Manager clash with the hackpacks? I tried adding the disable whispy winds + apples and then the "disable falling bricks" code but they both break the ISO.
It was on a 3.02 ISO.

EDIT: I also used a custom Green Greens. So I guess that might have something to do with it? It removes the blocks, and moves the outer platforms in, but it keeps the tree.

EDIT2: Nevermind. Think I figured it out. lol

Last edited:

Shadow

Smash Cadet
this is cool I had some suggestions though

could you add the ability to spawn between stock handicap / damage handicap / buff handicap in the melee options menu?
could you update the debug menu so that it looks like melee?

Acryte

Smash Ace
I finally got around to changing my game banner and now Dolphin has the 20XX name when I pick it but also (Disc 47). What's going on here and how can I fix itView attachment 125515

This is what it looks like. I've even gone into a Hex Editor and used GCRebuiler and the name looks fine, this is really weird
That's strange try using GCRebuilder to change the name of the Creator and short and long names etc... It will be on the left side.

Krusteaz

Smash Apprentice
That's strange try using GCRebuilder to change the name of the Creator and short and long names etc... It will be on the left side.
Yea yea that's what I was thinking when I first checked it out. The only strange thing I could find was the Game ID
c3f8a73d68ccc90d47d0be0de0c4747d.png
For every other game it's 0x00 but not for my 20XX? I'm not sure if the banner did this or maybe 20XX has always been like this and if it has been then I honestly have no idea what could be going on.

DRGN

Technowizard
Yea yea that's what I was thinking when I first checked it out. The only strange thing I could find was the Game ID View attachment 125592 For every other game it's 0x00 but not for my 20XX? I'm not sure if the banner did this or maybe 20XX has always been like this and if it has been then I honestly have no idea what could be going on.
Game ID should always be at 00 in boot.bin, or the disc as a whole. Idk what GCR is reading to get that value. Also, It's not associated with the banner file. As for the "Disc 47", You must have wrote into the disc count value at some point (@ 0x6 in boot.bin, or the disc as a whole). You could just grab a new boot.bin file from another build to fix all of this.

Krusteaz

Smash Apprentice
Game ID should always be at 00 in boot.bin, or the disc as a whole. Idk what GCR is reading to get that value. Also, It's not associated with the banner file. As for the "Disc 47", You must have wrote into the disc count value at some point (@ 0x6 in boot.bin, or the disc as a whole). You could just grab a new boot.bin file from another build to fix all of this.
Ah ha! This worked! Thanks so much, in order to get the Disc 47 thing out of the way I ended up having to use a bi2.bin from an unmodified 4.05. Strange bc the only hex I touched on the ISO directly was when I changed the Game ID to GALE$$... Confusing stuff. Also to other people who have a similar problem. When you're done updating your game title, banner, etc. any info that Dolphin displays, you have to go into the cache and delete it for the game you updated, otherwise the changes won't show.

imaginary

Smash Rookie
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 could you provide any insight on how the insta shield grab feature was implemented?

A while ago I noticed it doesn't grab frame perfectly but never really bothered to test by how much. Today I finally decided to test it out and was met with inconsistent results. Sometimes the CPU *does* grab frame perfectly, other times however, they can be as late as *4* frames. This was of course tested on 3.02 as 4.0x versions don't have those features yet.

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
I finally got around to changing my game banner and now Dolphin has the 20XX name when I pick it but also (Disc 47). What's going on here and how can I fix itView attachment 125515

Hey, that 20$$ banner looks great! I decided to make one for Link as well, so here it is:

CoolJulian1204

Smash Rookie
How do you get to the other hacked stages like the 3 battlefields,Link Fight stage,etc when i go to the hacked stages i see it but i gpes directly next

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 could you provide any insight on how the insta shield grab feature was implemented?

A while ago I noticed it doesn't grab frame perfectly but never really bothered to test by how much. Today I finally decided to test it out and was met with inconsistent results. Sometimes the CPU *does* grab frame perfectly, other times however, they can be as late as *4* frames. This was of course tested on 3.02 as 4.0x versions don't have those features yet.
I talk about it a little here, but that was from a long time ago and I'm not sure how accurate it is. I don't feel like digging up that old code and investigating the exact reason, but it was probably a combination of an unoptimal injection point for the code and the fact that I was trying to push the button inputs into the "raw" system inputs which is not a good idea. It will be frame perfect in the next version.

How do you get to the other hacked stages like the 3 battlefields,Link Fight stage,etc when i go to the hacked stages i see it but i gpes directly next
You press D-Pad Down at the Stage Select Screen. If you're using Dolphin, make sure to disable the Netplay code.

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
I talk about it a little here, but that was from a long time ago and I'm not sure how accurate it is. I don't feel like digging up that old code and investigating the exact reason, but it was probably a combination of an unoptimal injection point for the code and the fact that I was trying to push the button inputs into the "raw" system inputs which is not a good idea. It will be frame perfect in the next version.

You press D-Pad Down at the Stage Select Screen. If you're using Dolphin, make sure to disable the Netplay code.
It happens to me offline as well.

D

Deleted member 337186

Achilles1515 Achilles1515 is it possible that v2c of 20XXTE will be included in the hack pack? i saw a picture earlier in this thread about implementing mods, and was just wondering if you were waiting for the last version of 20XXTE.

LIVERPOOP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MartinSkrtel37
3DS FC
0130-1906-5039
yo i'm installing 20XX (PAL Wii) for the first time. i've downloaded the 4.05 zip and created the ISO from there, but now at step 5B of the guide it says to download an ISO - the op says you only need 4.05, so is the ISO i just made a substitute for what you download at this step? or do i still need to dl everything? thanx for any help!

edit: OK disregard this, i did the installation with the version the guide had. but now i'm trying to replace that ISO with the newer one but i'm getting a 'fatal error' on the Wii when i'm trying to boot it up. is it as simple as replacing the ISO file on the SD card with a newer version?

edit 2: if you're reading this you might have a PAL Wii and were confused as I was, you have to name the new ISO game like the old one and delete the old one. the ISO has to be called game. thx kaiza

Last edited:

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
Top Bottom