• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

The Underground King

Smash Rookie
1) Format is "ExFat". I have 3 other options that I can format to, like MS-DOS (FAT). Not sure if this is fat32.

2/3) Not sure how to post screenshots here. The .iso is named "game.iso" and is in the "GALE01" folder, which is in the "games" folder.

Chawinyaw

Smash Cadet
It may just be me, but whenever I load the single player stages, some of them are just the default melee stages, for example, the custom battle field, the legal hyrule temple, great bay and fourside are all their normal stages (however legal fourside works fine on the hacked stages) Is it just me?

D

Deleted member 337186

1) Format is "ExFat". I have 3 other options that I can format to, like MS-DOS (FAT). Not sure if this is fat32.

2/3) Not sure how to post screenshots here. The .iso is named "game.iso" and is in the "GALE01" folder, which is in the "games" folder.
1. Backup EVERYTHING on ur sd card (or else everything will be deleted and you will have to do everything from scratch again).

2. Once you backuped everything, right click on the drive in Windows Explorer, and then go down to "Format". After that, format it to FAT32, and have 32 kilobytes on the "Allocation unit size". Then click format.

3. Make sure that when you put the newly formatted sd card back in, put the "LOCK" lever down, and the insert it into the wii.

P.S. If you don't have an option for FAT32, Google a third party application that can format your partition to FAT32.

Last edited by a moderator:

whims

Smash Apprentice

if we still need a screenshot, upload it to imgur and paste the link here.

but daniel said it all. check the lock lever to make sure it's in the right position (if unsure just insert it one way and if it doesn't work take it out and put the lever the other way). that's a potential issue i didn't catch, thanks

The Underground King

Smash Rookie
Thanks a lot. I got 3.02 to work again. The problem was definitely both of those things (formatting and not locking all the way). I'm going to replace the iso with 4.05 and try it out in a minute.

whims

Smash Apprentice
Thanks a lot. I got 3.02 to work again. The problem was definitely both of those things (formatting and not locking all the way). I'm going to replace the iso with 4.05 and try it out in a minute.
lemme know if it works :)

edit: lol late to the party

Last edited:

Wolfgang Cooper

Smash Ace
Need help. I have nintendont, melee and the 20xx tourney edition. How do I download this? Where do I put the files? Do I need to erase TE? Can anyone send me a video guide or something Please!!!

Doq

Smash Lord
Need help. I have nintendont, melee and the 20xx tourney edition. How do I download this? Where do I put the files? Do I need to erase TE? Can anyone send me a video guide or something Please!!!
Follow the Nintendont guide in the OP.
TE does not need to be erased AFAIK, but it is better to be safe and back it up.

Sorry:(

Smash Apprentice
I wish fast-fall was an action state so I could put a color overlay on it. Or actuall it would be better to color slow fall. What I really want is to is a green overlay any time I'm doing nothing when I should be doing something. I've got wait and IASA set to green. Wish i could add land and slow-fall. Of course fast fall isn't always wanted, I'm just trying to speed up my movement right now.

All that said I'm wining and the pack is amazing and satisfactory as is. I'm especially excited about the perfect wave dash colors at the moment.

Also is there a way to switch CPUs to not spamming perfect tech? It's great sometimes but not all the time. What are other good AI settings for practice?

SpaceRecon

Smash Rookie
Whenever I change the player flag settings so I can play the old cpu (prefer it) the setting doesn't save so the next time I boot, it will use the new cpu. Any way to fix?

Shulkle

Smash Rookie
NNID
evilbowserboy
3DS FC
5386-8026-1641
Can anybody help explain adding more custom songs (/HPS files without replacing pre existing ones) to the 20XX hack pack to someone who is very new to hex editing? I am currently using HxD and will gladly download anything if its better. Here is Achilles guide on how to do this: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...date-4-0-beta04.351221/page-113#post-20431568

I just need some help explaining exactly how to do all of the hex stuff he talks about,

whims

Smash Apprentice
Can anybody help explain adding more custom songs (/HPS files without replacing pre existing ones) to the 20XX hack pack to someone who is very new to hex editing? I am currently using HxD and will gladly download anything if its better. Here is Achilles guide on how to do this: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...date-4-0-beta04.351221/page-113#post-20431568

I just need some help explaining exactly how to do all of the hex stuff he talks about,
i just figured out how to do it (also a noob at hex editing), and it's really simple. i ended up making about 20 of my own once i had a system down. pm me when u can and i can talk u through it

MarthBoi

Smash Rookie
Could somebody please walk me through how to install on Linux? I am very bad with computers, sorry :/

Sorry:(

Smash Apprentice
Whenever I change the player flag settings so I can play the old cpu (prefer it) the setting doesn't save so the next time I boot, it will use the new cpu. Any way to fix?
What player flag do you use to get the old cpu AI? Sorry I can't help with the saving issue.

Shulkle

Smash Rookie
NNID
evilbowserboy
3DS FC
5386-8026-1641
i just figured out how to do it (also a noob at hex editing), and it's really simple. i ended up making about 20 of my own once i had a system down. pm me when u can and i can talk u through it
Thanks! I really appreciate it! I'll PM you.

Zeus_Da_master

Smash Journeyman
i use nintendont v3.385

Dios mios r30

NINTENDONT - it boots up CSS and freezes when i move the control stick in any direction the slightest bit. instead of moving the control stick, i can hold B and back out to main menu, but freezes again in the events when i select an event and pressed A.. same thing with 1p classic/adventure/allstar, but with this it freezes every time i hit start after i select my character

DIOS MIOS - it boots up in dios mios but if i have my memory card in, it will freeze just like in nintendon't. Event 1 works, but 2 and 3 freeze and soon as it says "ready." All the 1p modes also freeze about 10-30 into the start of it.

Vs- works fine though, just a random freeze about once a day or so.

special melee- they work fine except for the ones where it uses items, they instantly freeze. vs also freezes if i put items on (it doesn't freeze until an item is being spawned).

id really like to be able to play on nintendont and/or at least be able to play everything thats freezes, if someone could PLZ help me

AI-

its been a few days n i've been able to play a few hrs per day, this is what i got so far on the AI

Fox-
*he does the fire fox 2 times on the edge before returning everytime, i know when hes going to come back on the stage. maybe set this to random 1-5 times or something.
*He randomly will miss wavedashes and airdodge, and miss a wavelanding coming back onto the stage from hanging, air dodge, and SD.
*He doesn't (all computers) don't stay on the ledge long enough. when coming back to the stage, i can still shoot for the ledge and 90% of the time i grab it cuz he just grabs it and immediately jumps off.
*When i'm shiek and doing an Up tilt, it looks like hes not DIing anyway.
*i've seen him Dair off the stage to a SD quite a few times
*he trys to get on the edge while im on it, like Side-B to the edge while i'm hanging on it
*tends to SD a lot on battlefield.
*both fox and falco- i've seen them on FD be just under the stage edge a couple of feet and they Up-B up and away from the edge instead of going up or up and toward the stage.

Falco-
*no pillar combo or shine bair combo

C Falcon-
*walks of stage and Nairs to SD

YL-
*you need to talk to liajin, program YL to fight like him, he had some crazy combos and spammed projectiles. Let me know if you need a way to get in contact with him.

Peach-
*she Up-B's and then just hovers ever so slowly til touch down on the stage, she needs to learn to cancel the up-B.

Luigi-
*recovery

Sheik-
*i think needs to slap more

also, play a few matches on hyrule in the pit, you'll see a lot of dumb **** that the computers do; continuous walking into walls, SDs, airdodges for no reason, stand there and dash dance non stop, etc

lightvash

Smash Cadet
The first mac directions in the 4.05 download didn't work for me. Not sure if anyone is having the same issue. The alternative directions worked tho.

The directions said to run chmod a+rx script_file.sh on terminal, but the script file was named something else. So I renamed the script file and then that command worked.

I renamed my ISO file to ssbm_1.02.iso. Then the directions said to run ./script_file.sh ssbm_1.02.iso. Here is where I got this list of errors:
: command not foundine 1:
: command not foundine 3:
: command not foundine 7:
: command not foundine 11:
: command not foundine 15:
: command not foundine 16:
'/script_file.sh: line 17: syntax error near unexpected token `{
'/script_file.sh: line 17: `checkhash () {

Couldn't figure out what this meant so I tried the other method alternative set of directions and it worked. Not sure if it's dependent on my mac or something wrong with the script file code, by here are my specs anyway:
OSX Yosemite 10.10.3
1.3 GHz Intel Core i5
4GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB

Anyway, thanks for the download!

D

Deleted member 337186

one more question, which link do i download?
xdelta if you know how to use it, or the root files if you are really unsure. the instructions for the root files are in the .zip file in the README.txt.

Last edited by a moderator:

$weatr

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know is it possible to have both copies of 20xx (3 and 4) on the same usb drive. I like the cpu toggles in 3, but I also want 4. Everytime I try to put both on the same flashdrive two melee icons come up but they both play the same mod (either 3 or 4). I am using dios mios.

Mobius_

Smash Cadet
I might just be because I'm still bad as hell, but this new AI is actually extremely frustrating to play against. That being said I gotta give you loadsa credit because otherwise this mod is 11/10

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 337186

I might just be because I'm still bad as hell, but this new AI is actually extremely frustrating to play against. That being said I gotta give you loadsa credit because otherwise this mod is 11/10
if its really that bad, change the cpu ai type in the debug menu.

Shulkle

Smash Rookie
NNID
evilbowserboy
3DS FC
5386-8026-1641
Oops, I mean a video guide to show me how to install 4.05 on Nintendont. Mah b
It's the same as like every other game.

Create a games folder on the root of your sd card
Make another folder in that Named whatever ( I name it whatever it is like Melee 20XX 4.05)
Put your 20XX ISO in that folder
Rename the ISO game.iso

Wolfgang Cooper

Smash Ace

Create a games folder on the root of your sd card
Make another folder in that Named whatever ( I name it whatever it is like Melee 20XX 4.05)
Put your 20XX ISO in that folder
Rename the ISO game.iso

Do i have to replace my regular melee iso into a 20xx 4.05 iso? also , i have the tournament edition 20xx, do i delete that?

Ignacio

Smash Rookie
Hello. I downloaded 4.02 and read that there are alternative skins for the stages. I was only able to use Battlefield's alternative skin, i couldnt switch any of the other stages. Also, i would like to know if its possible to add myself some alternative stages skins, without replacing the default one. If so, how many skins per stage can i add?

whims

Smash Apprentice
Hello. I downloaded 4.02 and read that there are alternative skins for the stages. I was only able to use Battlefield's alternative skin, i couldnt switch any of the other stages. Also, i would like to know if its possible to add myself some alternative stages skins, without replacing the default one. If so, how many skins per stage can i add?
asked this earlier on another thread but it was never answered; i'd also like to know

Top Bottom