• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Achilles1515

Smash Master
That looks sick! Wasn't there a project to improve the AI on Reddit?
Yes, there are two other projects I know of, both of which have Melee Workshop threads. I'm just doing my own thing with the AI, mainly because I need to make sure it jives well with everything else in the pack.

Something tells me to main Fox or Falco with the new 20XX update...
That is outrageous. I'm baffled.
So, the 4.05 files are just replacements right? A little confused as to how to get them onto my SD card that I've been using for 20xx 3.02 on my wii. The instructions say to rebuild the 20xx iso but isn't the iso made from the actual melee vanilla iso? Or did he do that already and that's what we downloaded?

I rebuilt the iso anyway, but now what do I do with it? Do I put in into my 'games' folder on my SD card and copy the sys folder from my other game (GALE01) into the new 4.05 one?
You should be able to just put the ISO in the games/GALE01/ folder and rename it "game.iso". Then load up your homebrew app.
Thank you very much for the update. The new AI is challenging, and also really funny.
Here are a few simple suggestions that I think would be clear improvements:

1. Have metal textures and SDR alternates off by default. Oh, and rainbow FD off by default and bright transition disabled by default would be great too, but maybe that's just me.
2. Bring back a way to enter Melee with one player only. (Maybe hold start for 1 second?)
3. In Debug Menu > Extras > Live Analog Input Viewer, the right half of the screen is currently blank. Could you maybe include the feeds for controllers 3 and 4 there? That would be very neat.
4. Having the good old develop camera control back in some form, preferably with a toggle (menu would be better than in-game button combination, since there are so many of those already) or with using the currently unused develop modes (debug or debug-develop, which are currently labeled as "do not use" 2 and 3 if I am not mistaken), so that develop will function like it does currently, but debug-develop gives back develop camera control, for example.
Unfortunately, the format of the Debug Menu does not allow column, but that would be pretty slick.

I'm sorry that I still haven't done anything with the Develop camera, but I haven't forgot about you and schmooblidon schmooblidon 's requests. I've been thinking of making some in-game toggles for it (like saving a debug camera location in memory), but I haven't gotten to updating the in-game toggles code yet which is the main reason nothing has been implemented.
For the next patch, It would be nice to set the CPU AI for level 1 before it was modified with the new update so that we may be able to practice chaingrabs/tech chases much more easily. If there is a way to do this currently without them attacking me all the time, please let me know!
Debug Menu --> General Codes --> Player Flags --> and set the player's AI type to something other than normal.
Returning to the CSS after playing a regular game vs a lv9 Sheik just hard froze (buzzing sound, had to power down) my Wii. 4.05.

If this is a pre-existing problem please respect that this is my first time visiting this thread and I don't want to sift through 139 pages of search results to check.

edit: you don't need me to tell you the AI is nuts kinds of crazy good but the AI is bananas
Can you reliably reproduce the problem?
holy crap how'd you manage to fit these big state machines into the iso?
I took out a whole bunch of Tournament Mode code which freed up a good chunk of space.

Achilles1515 Achilles1515 Which files should I replace from 20XX 4.0 Beta04?
All of them!

Last edited:

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 woke up in a rush and heard the update was ready. Super excited to try it out. Your 4.04 Helped a lot during mcmansion this weekend (A tournament in Florida) I finished 13th out of like 85 people. now with this update i can learn even more

shadow26762

Smash Rookie
Bug Report: only concerns the Events

idk if this is just for dolphin, but on event 1, upon starup it immediatley end the game and says "SUCCESS"

just curious, but for Event 3 with the barrels, is there supposed to be a counter for how many destroyed?
also the percent damage sky rockets to %515 after destroying the first barrell. doesn't affect gameplay, but it's there.

THIS IS AMAZING, keep it up!!

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Bug Report: only concerns the Events

idk if this is just for dolphin, but on event 1, upon starup it immediatley end the game and says "SUCCESS"

just curious, but for Event 3 with the barrels, is there supposed to be a counter for how many destroyed?
also the percent damage sky rockets to %515 after destroying the first barrell. doesn't affect gameplay, but it's there.

THIS IS AMAZING, keep it up!!
Anyone else having this issue? P1's percent is supposed to be the counter for both events.

Poe

Smash Cadet
Do you have any Dolphin Gecko codes enabled? If so, try and disable them. I tried it on mine during lunch and it seemed to work just fine.
I just tried turning off cheat codes and now both events work as intended. Thanks for all the time and effort you put into this hack pack so far, it's really great

S£NPAI

Smash Apprentice
Having some trouble displaying it properly on my CRT, all of the screen settings have the picture setting super narrow even with widescreen off, old build worked fine, not sure what the issue is.

BirdmanJR

Smash Cadet
Is there a tutorial for installing this anywhere ? Ive only used the xdelta patch in the past.

LCHydra

Smash Rookie
Hey, while rebuilding and messing with the new patch, it seems you have renamed all the .hps files. Is there any guide or table showing which is which?

(P.S., amazing work! Excellent training tool <3)

EDIT:

Holy ****, I'm an idiot. I didn't read the readme file. :'(

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269706

Hate to be that guy but I've been having a lot of trouble downloading beta05 for some reason. Was wondering if anyone could host a mirror on MEGA or something of the sorts?

schmooblidon

Smash Journeyman
Hey achilles, fantastic work as always. The new AI is insane, tonnes of crazy moments where a cpu has bodied me already!

These event matches are super dope! I don't know if this is a feature or a side effect, but your score appears in seconds in minute format, but cannot go over 2:00, even if you score over 120. Would be super sick to get that displaying higher scores.

Also, this is something that's a problem with all "fake" PAL isos. In NTSC, inert hitboxes deactivate projectiles, but this was patched out in PAL. This still occurs when on NTSC isos with PAL movesets. Likewise, DK loses his charge punch when hit during Up+b in NTSC, this again was patched out in PAL, but still occurs in NTSC isos with PAL movesets.

Def not a high priority, but it'd be a nice polish to PAL mode. I don't know if there are any other differences.

Vesne

Smash Cadet
Having the good old develop camera control back in some form, preferably with a toggle (menu would be better than in-game button combination, since there are so many of those already) or with using the currently unused develop modes (debug or debug-develop, which are currently labeled as "do not use" 2 and 3 if I am not mistaken), so that develop will function like it does currently, but debug-develop gives back develop camera control, for example.
Kadano Kadano if it helps I've actually made a gecko code that will change the debug camera in 20XX back to how it works in vanilla Melee. It works for me in 3.02 and 4.05 versions of 20XX. All I did was modify the Normal C-Stick Functionality in Develop Mode (1.02) code by Magus and Achilles so that it sets the values at those 2 addresses back to what they are in 1.02 Melee.

Normal Debug Camera In 20XX
0406AE90 800D9368
040300A4 38000008

Vegerot

Smash Apprentice
If I want to copy my costumes, am I safe copying all Pl* files from beta 04 to 05? Or did you make changes in 05 that will negatively affect me if I replace all Pl* files in 05 with the Pl* files from 04?

tschafer64

Smash Rookie
Wondering if anyone else is having this problem. Every time I try to load the 4.05 iso I built I end up getting vanilla melee. I have followed the instructions in the readme and rebuilt the iso twice but keep getting the same result. I am using USBLoader gx and Dios Mios to load the game. Can anyone offer a suggestion?

BirdmanJR

Smash Cadet
Anyone figured out what OOS options the CPU will use/ how they work ?

Are they basically like the 4 OOS options from 3.02 ?

Magical Samurai

Smash Cadet
Guys I can't find the "flash green when standing still" option. Is it gone, or i'm bad searching?
It was labeled as Color Overlays in 4.04 (I think under Gameplay Mods or something), I'd assume it's still there as that, but I don't have the means to check at the moment.

Buzz1337Year

Smash Rookie
I went through the instructions but it never prompted me for my vanilla iso?!? Is it not necessary or is my iso going to be missing features. It runs fine in Dolphin from initial testing.

Isn't that illegal to distribute the game without requiring a vanilla iso first?

AlexIsStarving

Smash Apprentice
I went through the instructions but it never prompted me for my vanilla iso?!? Is it not necessary or is my iso going to be missing features. It runs fine in Dolphin from initial testing.

Isn't that illegal to distribute the game without requiring a vanilla iso first?
im also curious about this

Steelo Rivers

Smash Cadet
is there anything I can do to get endless friendlies working again with random characters? as of 4.0 it just randoms stage with whatever characters were picked from the beginning and never changes. even if they aren't characters that you have as 1 of the 3 on the list for your port.

yourwifeandkids

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2036-6894-1918
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 are you familiar with the true widescreen bug on dolphin where using X+down to disable the HUD also makes the game revert to 4:3 with a messed up aspect ratio? Doesn't happen immediately, but occurs quite reliably.

Edit: just reproduced by using Fox downthrow in training mode on standard widescreen. Tried again, was not able to reproduce a second time.

Last edited:

TIN0

Smash Cadet
NNID
FarmingEIAS
3DS FC
1907-8613-7842
yo, i try to download it but it just reloads the page. can you give me another link that I can download it without that stupid filter on the site?

D

Deleted member 337186

When I open the ISO (20XX 4.05) with DAT texture wizard, it literally does not show a single character file. I open it with Melee Toolkit, they're all there. Any ideas on what's going on?
i got the same problem as you buddy, i guess we'll have to ask DRGN

Top Bottom