• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Flossy

Smash Cadet
For the next update could you consider adding a toggle or something that causes the cpu to jump as soon as possible out of hitstun? It would really help in figuring out how well combos work. (It was also in v3 iirc)

Achilles1515

Smash Master
For the next update could you consider adding a toggle or something that causes the cpu to jump as soon as possible out of hitstun? It would really help in figuring out how well combos work. (It was also in v3 iirc)
Would it be possible to make an in game toggle that made the CPU always spot-dodge immediately after a tech? Either that or have them randomly spot dodge in place as a default behavior? I think that would make tech chase practice even more effective.
Hey Achilles, played 20XX Update 4 at Toph's place and I congratulate you on everything you've accomplished, 20XX is truly changing everything.

I'd like to request new computer behavior that I think is extremely important to the efficacy of the training pack.
  • Current Behavior: P2 CPU mixes up DI, mixes up techs. Fox and Falco shine immediately after tech.
  • Proposed Behavior: P2 CPU mixes up DI, mixes up techs. All characters sidestep immediately after tech.
I think this behavior is strictly better than shine. Most importantly, this enables real tech chasing practice vs all characters, not just Fox / Falco. Additionally I find that I often think my tech chasing is better than it is, because if I'm late on my tech chase, spaced grab beats shine but loses to sidestep.

Is there any argument against this proposed change (besides more work / not as important as other work), and is there anything I can do to convince you that this is the best change that could be made for 20XX Update 4?
All these issues are being addressed in the new 20XX AI code that is nearing it's first release. It adds in global CPU dash dancing, wavedashing, shffl'ing, shielding/defensive options, ledgedashing, jumping/attacking out of hitstun, and some character specific stuff including Spacies recovery. They are really fun to play against now.

ssknight7

Smash Apprentice
All these issues are being addressed in the new 20XX AI code that is nearing it's first release. It adds in global CPU dash dancing, wavedashing, shffl'ing, shielding/defensive options, ledgedashing, jumping/attacking out of hitstun, and some character specific stuff including Spacies recovery. They are really fun to play against now.
Why must you torture us sir? Any thoughts on a potential beta specifically to preview the AI functionality?

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
Are all of these toggles? I dont wanna practice against a hyper active CPU at all times.
Also, I hope the CPU can buffer either spotdodge, rolls or shine after teching/getup

About the CPU recovery, how detailed is it? Did you take some of the suggestions Luckycharms have gotten for his AI project?
Such as Shortened SideB's, Sweetspot UpB angles, Airdodging, Shine stalling, DJ in different directions off stage (not towards the stage all the time)

Is the CPU Dash Dancing in a set pattern? Or does it utilize different Dash lengths?
If you can program a CPU that is trying to escape you at all times, that would be pretty interesting (+combo DI??)

When can expect the next update?

Bakkus

Smash Rookie
I wanna download this. But I wonder, is there any way at all to get this on the GameCube? Using Action Replay disc or whatnot?

Snooze

Smash Rookie
(L Button) Alternate Costumes [Achilles]
  • Hitting the L Button while a specific character costume is highlighted or selected, will cause the character's Character Select Portrait (CSP) background to change color and will turn the alternate costume ON.
    • If the character is fully selected and the alternate costume is ON, hitting L will turn the alternate costume OFF, but the CSP will not revert back to the default color value. At this point, if you remove your selection token from the character icon, the CSP color will change back to normal (since the toggle is truly OFF).
  • If an alternate costume is turned ON, it is permanently ON until being toggled OFF by a human.
:foxmelee: Fox
Default | 20XX Alternate | Costume Picture
Normal (PlFxNr.dat) | Golden Brawl (TyRoyR.dat) |
[WarriorKnight]
Orange (PlFxOr.dat) | Goku (TyFoxR.dat) |
[RuKeN]
Lavendar (PlFxLa.dat) | Cloud9 (TyFood.dat) |
[Qual_]
Green (PlFxGr.dat) | Ground Mission (TyFire.dat) |
[Hatacatan]

:falcomelee: Falco
Normal (PlFcNr.dat) | Pink & White (TyMapB.dat) |
[Veggies]
Red (PlFcRe.dat) | SS Falku (TyStar.dat) |
[TheDekuNut]
Blue (PlFcBu.dat) | Shiny Wargle (TyMapA.dat) |
[Steelia]
Green (PlFcGr.dat) | Zombie (TyMapC.dat) |
[DarK LinK -X-]

:marthmelee: Marth
Normal [Blue] (PlMsNr.dat) | CATS (TyLink.dat) |
[Steelia]
Red (PlMsRe.dat) | Pein (TyEtcE.dat) |
[RuKeN]
Green (PlMsGr.dat) | Hylian Soldier(TyPola.dat) |
[RuKeN]
Black (PlMsBk.dat) | Empire Arcadia (TyEtcD.dat) |
[Anutim]
White (PlMsWh.dat) | Robin (TyMars.dat) |
[TheDekuNut]

:falconmelee: C. Falcon
Normal (PlCaNr.dat) | SNES (TyMapD.dat) |
[Luddoj]
Grey (PlCaGy.dat) | Batman (TyMapE.dat) |
[RuKeN]
Red (PlCaRe.usd) | LowLandLions (PlCaRe.dat) |
[Anutim]
White (PlCaWh.dat) | Twitch TV (TyRick.dat) |
[Veggies, TerryJ]
Green (PlCaGr.dat) | Green Ranger (TyMew2.dat) |
[WarriorKnight]
Blue (PlCaBu.dat) | Captain America (TySeak.dat) |
[???]

:sheikmelee: Sheik
Blue (PlSkBu.dat) | Midna (TyPlum.dat) |
[Steelia]
Green (PlSkGr.dat) | Sothe (TyNoko.dat) |
[Steelia]

:peachmelee: Peach
White (PlPeWh.dat) | Gold & Black (TyMoon.dat) |
[Qual_]
Blue (PlPeBu.dat) | Rosalina (TyMnBg.dat) |
[???]

:samusmelee: Samus
Normal [Red] (PlSsNr.dat) | Iron Man (TyJeff.dat) |
[God with a Wavebird]
Lavender (PlSsLa.dat) | Dark Samus: Corruption (TyKart.dat) |
[Steelia]

:ganondorfmelee: Ganondorf
Normal (PlGnNr.dat) | Black & White (TyBalf.dat) |
[Steelia]
Green (PlGnGr.dat) | Toon Ganon (TyCoin.dat) |
[Steelia]

Want different alternate costumes than the default ones listed above?

Head to the Official Melee Texture Hack Thread to find others!
  • Overwrite the 20XX Alternate Costume File, defined in the tables above, in your 20XX 3.0 ISO with a new costume file for the same character color.
Know how to use Photoshop or other image editors?

---> gif 1 <---
---> gif 2 <---
---> gif 3 <---
I think the file names are outdated in the OP. TyFood.dat for example isn't C9 Fox, nor is TyFoxR.dat for Goku. Is there an updated list somewhere?

DRGN

Technowizard
I wanna download this. But I wonder, is there any way at all to get this on the GameCube? Using Action Replay disc or whatnot?
Yes, but it requires a modchip (search google for XenoGC) and some soldering skills. Getting it going on a Wii is purely software and is typically faster, easier, and offers potential for other software or emulators as well. If you're interested but don't know where to start, look up guides for installing Homebrew, such as with the Letterbomb or Wilbrand methods (basically the same thing) and the HackMii installer. Wiis are pretty cheap too, especially if you find one for sale with a broken disc drive, since you probably won't be needing that.

I think the file names are outdated in the OP. TyFood.dat for example isn't C9 Fox, nor is TyFoxR.dat for Goku. Is there an updated list somewhere?
That's for version 3.x; for version 4+, open up your disc in DTW and look for the characters section.

Sorry:(

Smash Apprentice
Is there a good way to practice DI with this? Not sure if the event matches can be changed but I have this fantasy of having to smash di out of a falco/fox dair shine and getting a success if you don't get shined or if you grab the falco. Or a puff resting you and then getting a success of you don't get star KOed. Or really any situation in which you have react fast to survival di a common finisher, or combo di out of a deadly combo. With the right save states and recorded behavior I'd hope this could be possible, but I understand this is the stuff of dreams. Like what if the event match starts and you are just already a Marth getting repeatedly up aired by falcon?

Also
I NEED YOUR NEW CPU AI CODES NOW!! I want them.

I love this pack and as always thank you sooo much!

Lykon

Smash Cadet
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 Do you have a twitter or considered getting a twitter? I would follow to get updates since i dont check smashboards everyday

Thank you as always for the hard work, looking forward to beta 5! :grin:

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
Is there a good way to practice DI with this? Not sure if the event matches can be changed but I have this fantasy of having to smash di out of a falco/fox dair shine and getting a success if you don't get shined or if you grab the falco. Or a puff resting you and then getting a success of you don't get star KOed. Or really any situation in which you have react fast to survival di a common finisher, or combo di out of a deadly combo. With the right save states and recorded behavior I'd hope this could be possible, but I understand this is the stuff of dreams. Like what if the event match starts and you are just already a Marth getting repeatedly up aired by falcon?

Also
I NEED YOUR NEW CPU AI CODES NOW!! I want them.

I love this pack and as always thank you sooo much!
The specific scenarios is a great idea!
Like trials. You need to complete it with a certain % sucessrate. Or 3 times in a row.
Not only on the recieving side, you could also have a trial say do 3 drillshines in a row.

AlexIsStarving

Smash Apprentice
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 thanks for all of the work on the hackpack. I dont think i would be nearly as good with out it. I've had a few ideas that i wanted to tell you to see if it was possible or too much of a hassle to implement. But i always forget LOL. Also some questions.

-Will there be a way to practice teching spikes like falco's dair? Kind of like the P2 spam code, but updated.
-Will there be an update to the save states? Like an update that will put you exactly where you saved regardless of where you are (like on the ledge or just off stage).
-Is there any hope for getting replays or live inputs from TE implemented into the hack pack?
-Will 2 player adventure/classic/allstar/events ever be a thing?
-This one is a little hard for me to put into words, so bear with me. You know how when you're in the master level debug mode, you go into a game, and if you press x+d-pad left a menu pops up with music options?? Yea. Would it be possible to implement something else with that menu? Like maybe it can have a series of actions for the cpu to do. Maybe list what character codes are on (like the shine out of shield, nair out of shield. falco laser spam), or what the stale queue is (sorry if thats not what its called d: )?
-can you put in the code that lets 2 people pick the same color?
-Is it possible to have an audible confirmation on successful smash di? I was thinking of maybe the sound the game makes when you go back in the menus.
-Can you put my clg fox in the game?<3 Speaking of textures, can we have a straw poll or something on the textures that get put in the game? can we vote on it? or nah? same for music d: its not a huge deal. maybe like a final revision kinda thing.
-Would it be possible to add more stage skins and have them be selectable like how the music is?
-one last thing, would it be possible to have a section in the debug menu for bodies of text? Like maybe things on mindset, frame data, a picture for hand exercises, and how to perform tech?

Sorry for the wall of text d:>

also, if theres anyway i can help, i'd be more than happy to lend a hand in whatever way i can!

Again, ty so much for all of the hard work you put into this. You're the most underrated god of melee tbh.

Last edited:

Acryte

Smash Ace
Dude' you're ****ing amazing.

Jokerman

Smash Rookie
I've been getting the error "IntCPU: Unknown instruction 02000301 at PC = 80003314 last_PC 80001f18 LR = 800c6308" when ever i try to load a stage, any help?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Why must you torture us sir? Any thoughts on a potential beta specifically to preview the AI functionality?
Yeah, next release.
Are all of these toggles? I dont wanna practice against a hyper active CPU at all times.
Also, I hope the CPU can buffer either spotdodge, rolls or shine after teching/getup

About the CPU recovery, how detailed is it? Did you take some of the suggestions Luckycharms have gotten for his AI project?
Such as Shortened SideB's, Sweetspot UpB angles, Airdodging, Shine stalling, DJ in different directions off stage (not towards the stage all the time)

Is the CPU Dash Dancing in a set pattern? Or does it utilize different Dash lengths?
If you can program a CPU that is trying to escape you at all times, that would be pretty interesting (+combo DI??)

When can expect the next update?
No, as of now they are not toggles. The custom AI won't apply to every AI type, so you can go in the Debug Menu and change it to something more normal if you want.

Spacies recovery has firefoxing to the edge and illusion with shortens. No air dodging or shine stalling at the moment, but I do want to add them in. I see those more as a "Phase 2" sort of addition, but we'll see. I last left off with working on spacies not always firefoxing to the edge and going in different directions as well, but I haven't gotten a chance to do any further coding since last weekend.

Dash dance timing is random. Everything is random.

As always, idk about the next release but I'd like to say it's almost there. Really just finishing up a few things with the AI and that's all.
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 can you post or link me to a tutorial on how you manipulated the SSS?
I wrote my own stage swap engine.
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...date-4-0-beta04.351221/page-129#post-20702420

Achilles1515 Achilles1515 Do you have a twitter or considered getting a twitter? I would follow to get updates since i dont check smashboards everyday

Thank you as always for the hard work, looking forward to beta 5! :grin:
No twitter. Don't really want one either right now.

-NV

Smash Cadet
Is there a way to play the latest version (not beta) on GameCube?

ManofDapper

Smash Rookie
I don't know if these have been mentioned yet, but I have a few bugs I have run into:

-The music is pretty buggy. The Melee music is okay, but everything else (not all of them but most) seems to sometimes just start making high pitched scratchy corrupted noises instead of playing the music. Sometimes any given song will combine with the last song played to create a horrifying combination of audio. I love the addition of music from other smash games, so if this could be fixed for the next update that would totally awesome.

-The "R" alternate skin for White Young Link is broken. When you press "R", the color scheme of the background changes, but when you go to start the match the game crashes. This is because the file for the alternate skin is missing (there's no .rat file for the alternate white costume).

Btw,
How would I go about changing the alternate skin background color schemes to match the skins I import?

oscat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlnklngmars
3DS FC
0318-9801-6641
I don't know if these have been mentioned yet, but I have a few bugs I have run into:

-The music is pretty buggy. The Melee music is okay, but everything else (not all of them but most) seems to sometimes just start making high pitched scratchy corrupted noises instead of playing the music. Sometimes any given song will combine with the last song played to create a horrifying combination of audio. I love the addition of music from other smash games, so if this could be fixed for the next update that would totally awesome.

-The "R" alternate skin for White Young Link is broken. When you press "R", the color scheme of the background changes, but when you go to start the match the game crashes. This is because the file for the alternate skin is missing (there's no .rat file for the alternate white costume).

Btw,
How would I go about changing the alternate skin background color schemes to match the skins I import?
Make sure you have alternate music turned off. I also would like to know how to change the background color for alt skins!

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master

Btw,
Are you loading from SD or USB? Dios Mios or Nintendont? On your external hard drive in /games/GALE01/, are you booting an ISO or an extracted Root folder (so are you putting your ISO through DMToolbox / DiscEx or whatever those programs are)?

I never have any issues with music playing correctly on my setup. SD card, Dios Mios Lite, booting an ISO. I know your problem stems from something along these lines, that I'm still trying to get feedback about.
Make sure you have alternate music turned off. I also would like to know how to change the background color for alt skins!
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...date-4-0-beta04.351221/page-134#post-20881731

Last edited:

deewood

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4742-7715-0974
I tried using the Beta4 bat file to convert my vanilla iso and am I missing something? Is the original iso used supposed to become the 20XX Beta4 iso because mine is not. If not then where is it placed after creation?

EDIT: I rebuilt the iso in GCR using the root files from the OP so I'm good to go. I'd still like to know if the converter actually created an iso and placed it somewhere though. Maybe I'm just dumb, we'll see.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Is it just me or does the game randomly freeze sometimes when selecting a character when playing on Dolphin? It's been happening mainly with Mewtwo's L costume, and Falco's Blue R costume.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mrs. Marth

Smash Rookie
Wall O' Rant / Cry for help

Old user coming back to the scene (couldn't recover my other account so Mrs. Marth it is).

New to Wii hacking. I've searched through this thread trying to find an answer to this question and I apologize in advance because I'm sure it's been addressed somewhere.

My 20XX crashes/freezes/makes and angry buzzing sound pretty regularly. This happens, generally, when my character, Player 1, is about to take damage (get hit/grabbed) from CPU Player 2. I haven't tried this with other Human players. It only freezes in-game specifically, VS mode. Does this on multiple characters and multiple stages so there is seemingly no connection with a character/level specific bug. I've already made sure that I've got the latest Nintendont files and I followed all the instructions from smoke070's "Concise Version".

It has run smoothly without issue a few times. My first thought would be some kind of corruption in a downloaded file somewhere. I didn't do md5 sums when I got the original Melee .iso so I thought something may have gotten corrupted. BUT that idea doesn't add up as the game HAS run flawlessly some of the time, again on multiple stages and multiple levels.

I re-downloaded the replacement files, unzipped the original Melee .iso and recompiled it with the re-downloaded replacement files. I then put that recompiled .iso on a separate SD with Nintendont. My symptoms are the same. 25-45 secs of VS mode play and it freezes. The only step I haven't taken is to re-download the original Melee .iso.

I'm at a loss and at this point just want someone to tell me I'm not crazy. If anyone has ran into this issue (fix or no) please let me know. Again I apologize if this has already been covered (pinkie promise I looked).

Melee Prevails

Doq

Smash Lord
Since the only thing you haven't tried is MD5-ing your ISO, try that. If it's a mismatch, it's either bad or the wrong version. In the case of the latter, there's a version converter floating around (S.P. it's also in the Melee Toolbox).

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
In either 3.02 or 4.0 Beta04, is there a way to get CPUs to always DI away? I've experimented with setting most of the CPU AI Types (Debug > General Codes > VS. Melee Played Flags), but none of them seem to DI away. Also tried the different Directional Influence settings in Debug > CPU Codes.

Froufrou

Smash Rookie
Hi, first of all I'd like to thank you for 20xx, I realize the hard work it means, it's really appreciated that you'd take so much time to develop this for everyone and for free.
Next I'd like to second the guy that's above me and add something of my own, I'm sure it's already been asked but I can't bother reading the 135 pages. Would there be a way to add a specific DI that the CPU would always do? The optimal thing would be to enter the exact DI that the CPU will follow using the controller but I guess a DI-in, DI-out, no DI toggle would be satisfactory enough. Same thing goes for Techs: always tech in, always tech out, always tech on place and always miss.

Thanks again, I hope that wouldn't be too much struggle and I think it would be very helpful for practicing deferent kinds of combos and mix ups.

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
I hope that we will get not only "Combo DI" (Down+away) but also Down, Up, and Straight Away.
Or even better: A value that corresponds to any direction (With a visual presentation?)
Or how about an ingame toggle say R+X+Dpad right - CPU will flash green and you can input the direction you want it to DI (sort of how you make it action spam).

Last edited:

AlexIsStarving

Smash Apprentice
I hope that we will get not only "Combo DI" (Down+away) but also Down, Up, and Straight Away.
Or even better: A value that corresponds to any direction (With a visual presentation?)
Or how about an ingame toggle say R+X+Dpad right - CPU will flash green and you can input the direction you want it to DI (sort of how you make it action spam).
Really smart idea. I hope this can be implemented

Fishaman P

Smash Apprentice
please, tell me more
REALLY don't recommend it. It's a homebrew boot disc and a terrible quality SD Gecko. Because the included SD Gecko is so bad Swiss has to run in 16MHz EXI mode, which makes 20XX lag mid-match. Completely useless for practicing because of that.

If you really want to try it, get a decent quality SD Gecko and use a GC game exploit to load Swiss, like Zelda:TP, Zelda:TWW, Pokemon Colosseum, or Pokemon XD. Hell, you could even use Melee as an exploit game if you wanted to.

AlexIsStarving

Smash Apprentice
one day I hope to open this thread and see "BETA 05 DOWNLOAD"

I check this thread everyday vv

the hype i have for the next release is unreal

Top Bottom