• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

link2213

Smash Cadet
Hey, I'm having an issue getting endless friendlies to work with the random character selections. Is there anything I need to do to enable it other than going into the debug menu, turning it on, and setting the characters? Right now it will do endless friendlies, but only with the same characters you started with.

Chawinyaw

Smash Cadet
With 20XXTE being released, I can't wait for reaplays to eventually be added, that along with P2 actions being implemented soon, 4.0 is going to be amazing!

Videowaffles

Smash Rookie
Anything to do with name entry crashes my game. Trying to create a name crashes..pressing down on the d-pad crashes. every time :( I checked the MD5 and its valid

EDIT 1: When I use dolphin and press down on the d-pad i get "IntCPU: Unknown instruction 00000000 at PC = 81363e60 last_PC = 81200cf0 LR=81363e60" but I think that's specific to when I crashed seeing as it talks about PC but...yeah

EDIT 2: I tried using a save file with names already on there and this issue is no longer happening. There's a problem with name entry with no names already there!

EDIT: OH i just realized I was using the memory card with 20xx TE on it....that's probably why haha. nevermind!

Last edited:

themanthemaster

Smash Rookie
I have a few questions.

I'm running 4.0 b3 and it works like a charm. This is probably the best game I've ever played. I was just wondering how do I play as Giga Bowser, Nana and Sheik from the start? It used to be Z, but now it does nothing. I realize these may be puny codes, but I used them a whole lot.

Also, with infinite jumps and no freefall, it really reminds one of Turbo mode from Project M. Will Turbo mode make an appearance in future updates? Will TE's replay system/input display be added? I mean, while we're making the best Smash mod out there, might as well.

Last edited:

Rasko

Smash Apprentice
I have a few questions.

I'm running 4.0 b3 and it works like a charm. This is probably the best game I've ever played. I was just wondering how do I play as Giga Bowser, Nana and Sheik from the start? It used to be Z, but now it does nothing. I realize these may be puny codes, but I used them a whole lot.

Also, with infinite jumps and no freefall, it really reminds one of Turbo mode from Project M. Will Turbo mode make an appearance in future updates? Will TE's replay system/input display be added? I mean, while we're making the best Smash mod out there, might as well.
It would be foolish not to include replays and input display. I'm hoping achilles adds a side B feature for the AI for fox and falco.

YvngFlameHoe

Smash Ace
I need help and idk where else to go, I keep trying to add skins to 20xx, I downloaded melee toolkit, I replaced the DAT file, I imported the file on GCRebuilder, but everytime I put the sd card back into the wii, I'm stuck with the regular starter skins. HELP DAWG!

_Snover_

Frost Tree Pokémon
Hey Achilles! Great work on this version of 20XX. Thank you so much for adding in SD Remix toggles!

I was playing SDR Ness and it looks like his PK Thunder disappears when he is hit (like it does in vMelee 1.02) when it should continue in the direction it was going before he was hit. Is there a way to fix this?

(EDIT: I haven't tried this on the latest version so it might be fixed. I'll update when I try again on beta 3. Noticed after I posted this. My B!!)
(EDIT 2: Looks like this is still the case in Beta03)

Last edited:

Chawinyaw

Smash Cadet
Hey Achilles! Great work on this version of 20XX. Thank you so much for adding in SD Remix toggles!

I was playing SDR Ness and it looks like his PK Thunder disappears when he is hit (like it does in vMelee 1.02) when it should continue in the direction it was going before he was hit. Is there a way to fix this?

(EDIT: I haven't tried this on the latest version so it might be fixed. I'll update when I try again on beta 3. Noticed after I posted this. My B!!)
Was it itnetional to switch Fox and Falco's shines since they're the same in Sd anyways? Regardless, I hope that it stays in

ForTheLulz

Smash Apprentice
On the character select screen, how do you force a name entry glitch to the stage select screen? It's no longer dpad-up, as that is the button for metal skins now.

D

Deleted member 269706

I need help and idk where else to go, I keep trying to add skins to 20xx, I downloaded melee toolkit, I replaced the DAT file, I imported the file on GCRebuilder, but everytime I put the sd card back into the wii, I'm stuck with the regular starter skins. HELP DAWG!
Here's what I do to replace skins. All you need is your 20XX ISO, a texture file, and GCR.
  1. Download a texture file (lets say you want to use this one)
  2. Rename it to the appropriate file name (since this replaces Falco's Blue Skin, you name the file PlFcBu.dat)
  3. Use GCR to extract your 20XX ISO files into a root folder (may already be done if you've made any changes)
  4. Close GCR
  5. Drag and drop texture file into root folder.
  6. Click "Copy and Replace" when the dialogue box pops up (if your system doesn't tell you that the file already exists, you incorrectly named it).
  7. Open GCR back up and navigate to root folder
  8. Save ISO > Rebuild ISO
It's a really simple process, you don't need the melee toolkit or anything other than what I listed above. Make sure you check the box "DO NOT USE GAME.TOC" in the options of GCR everytime you use it.

kardus

Smash Rookie
Here's what I do to replace skins. All you need is your 20XX ISO, a texture file, and GCR....
What if I wanted to replace one of the alternate textures already there (like the ones that come with 20XX), or if I want to add a texture as an 'alternate' one where it doesn't already exist? Basically I would like to replace some of the custom ones I don't like, but I also want to add more. For example there are no R/L alternates associated with the daisy/yellow peach skin, I would like to keep it but add the additional skins I want to the R/L toggle.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
What if I wanted to replace one of the alternate textures already there (like the ones that come with 20XX), or if I want to add a texture as an 'alternate' one where it doesn't already exist? Basically I would like to replace some of the custom ones I don't like, but I also want to add more. For example there are no R/L alternates associated with the daisy/yellow peach skin, I would like to keep it but add the additional skins I want to the R/L toggle.
PlPeYe.dat = Default yellow costume
PlPeYe.lat = L-alternate yellow costume
PlPeYe.rat = R-alternate yellow costume

Replace those files with any yellow Peach costume.
Does anyone know how to toggle Wireframes, Giga Bowser, Solo Popo and Sheik in Beta 3?
Can't in Beta03. But I did work add this code back in this weekend, so it will be in the next update.
Here's what I do to replace skins. All you need is your 20XX ISO, a texture file, and GCR.
  1. Download a texture file (lets say you want to use this one)
  2. Rename it to the appropriate file name (since this replaces Falco's Blue Skin, you name the file PlFcBu.dat)
  3. Use GCR to extract your 20XX ISO files into a root folder (may already be done if you've made any changes)
  4. Close GCR
  5. Drag and drop texture file into root folder.
  6. Click "Copy and Replace" when the dialogue box pops up (if your system doesn't tell you that the file already exists, you incorrectly named it).
  7. Open GCR back up and navigate to root folder
  8. Save ISO > Rebuild ISO
It's a really simple process, you don't need the melee toolkit or anything other than what I listed above. Make sure you check the box "DO NOT USE GAME.TOC" in the options of GCR everytime you use it.
If it's just a texture file, then it should be the same size as the file currently in the ISO. Therefore, you do not need to extract the entire 20XX ISO to a root folder. You can just open your ISO up in GCR and right click the file in the filetree on the right, and then hit "Import" and select your file. You do not need to rename it, either.

Achilles1515 Achilles1515 Is there no cpu jump out of hitstun for 4.0 beta or am I just crazy?
Not yet.

Thanks for letting me know. I had this written down as being in the build already, but it must have been reverted at some point.
Hey, I'm having an issue getting endless friendlies to work with the random character selections. Is there anything I need to do to enable it other than going into the debug menu, turning it on, and setting the characters? Right now it will do endless friendlies, but only with the same characters you started with.
I have not looked at Endless Friendlies since 3.02. There is a good chance it is broken right now.

kardus

Smash Rookie
PlPeYe.dat = Default yellow costume
PlPeYe.lat = L-alternate yellow costume
PlPeYe.rat = R-alternate yellow costume
Replace those files with any yellow Peach costume
Thanks a lot. Are there any other buttons that serve as additional alts?

Unrelated, but what is the easiest way I can enable the taunt to remove peach/shiek skirt without actually being in debug mode or using gecko codes (would like a solution on the iso itself). Would I need to edit the .dol? I don't imagine it would be feasible to toggle it on character select, or somehow have it persist through death?

CorteX

Smash Cadet
I read that you can press Z to change Zelda into Sheik, and that way she won't transform anymore. Is this feature missing or changed from 4.0beta3? Coz I can't get it to work no matter what I try.

worm_hd

Smash Cadet
How would I go about changing the CSP background colors for the alternate costume toggles? I'm guessing this would just be changing values in MnSlChr.usd, but where do I find the offsets?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Last edited:

samoht

Smash Rookie
For some reason I cant get my P2 to do anything with the commands. If i input the command to hold shield and do shield grabs or have falco spam sh lasers, the character just stops moving and does nothing. Anyone else have this issue? I have the commands enabled, they just make the p2 do absolutely nothing.

D

Deleted member 269706

Hey I asked this a while ago and never got an answer...wondering if anyone could help me...
Rawkstar777 said:
Hey I've been trying to import some stages from this thread, but seem to get some sort of error every time I try. The first time my music stopped working, the second time there was no change in stage, the third time a massive black square covered the majority of the screen, and then everything was messed up when I went back to the character select screen. I only have this problem when applying these to the 20XX pack...if anyone has any answers, that'd be great.

Last edited by a moderator:

NEXmaniosis

Smash Rookie
Hey, a lot of people are complaining about 20XX+Nintendont when doing Shielddrops (the timming is different) or when you connect a controller with the shield pressed (to make lightshield disappear) it doesn't work.

BTW, I do think you need another Discussion just for Instalation problems, there are too many posts here :(

zz_halim

Smash Apprentice
For some reason I cant get my P2 to do anything with the commands. If i input the command to hold shield and do shield grabs or have falco spam sh lasers, the character just stops moving and does nothing. Anyone else have this issue? I have the commands enabled, they just make the p2 do absolutely nothing.
if you're on 403beta then you haven't read what there is to :D p2 commands are not yet implemented, you have to fall back to 302 for them to work.

kardus

Smash Rookie
Hey, a lot of people are complaining about 20XX+Nintendont when doing Shielddrops (the timming is different) or when you connect a controller with the shield pressed (to make lightshield disappear) it doesn't work.
Is 'native control' enabled for the game in nintendont settings? It works fine for me, I have not had problems with it on either 3.02 or the 4.0 betas.

Codey

Smash Rookie
I play 20XX on a wii, booted through SD card. With all these fancy new settings, I would really like a way to save the 20XX settings. Is there a way to do this and I'm just not aware? Sorry if this is a repeated question. It would be nice to boot up into the character select color scheme I want, for example

ssknight7

Smash Apprentice
I play 20XX on a wii, booted through SD card. With all these fancy new settings, I would really like a way to save the 20XX settings. Is there a way to do this and I'm just not aware? Sorry if this is a repeated question. It would be nice to boot up into the character select color scheme I want, for example
I know where you're coming from, but I think only certain settings are saved. For instance, VS flags like Player 2 Stay arent saved.

Some stuff is saved, some stuff is not. I would love to see the player 2 flags saved, along with the option to save configurations for stocks / timer.

I'd like 20xx to load up for me default set to Time 25:00 instead of 4 stocks but this is something that isn't saved. So that functionality isn't there yet but maybe in the future!

Codey

Smash Rookie
I know where you're coming from, but I think only certain settings are saved. For instance, VS flags like Player 2 Stay arent saved.

Some stuff is saved, some stuff is not. I would love to see the player 2 flags saved, along with the option to save configurations for stocks / timer.

I'd like 20xx to load up for me default set to Time 25:00 instead of 4 stocks but this is something that isn't saved. So that functionality isn't there yet but maybe in the future!
Yeah I kind of figured this would be the case. Thanks for clearing that up!

BluJay-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jednie
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 hey! I had an idea and i feel it should be possible! For alternate costumes, could you make a modified start.dol and actually show the modified skins as the character selection? So we can see the skin were gonna use before going into a match?

D

Deleted member 269706

If you're talking about wii u final destination, it's because Rainbow FD is still turned On.
Alright, that answers the FD question. I also tried it with the PS2 skin (where there are no transformations) and nothing seemed to change.

kardus

Smash Rookie
Hmm, seems like the IASA frame colour overlay doesn't work in peach float.

Top Bottom