• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

DRGN

Technowizard
Premium
Quick Question: I notice there is an xdelta in the patch file. Can I just run my own xdelta patcher, or do I have to use the .bat file?

Edit: Never mind. The answer is yes.
Did you encounter a problem with the script?

Quick question: How would I go about editing the hdr file so it's set to GALEXX if this is going to generate the iso automatically? Would I need to extract the new iso's root folder, change the file, and rebuild in GCR?
How the ISO is generated doesn't matter. It's still the same ISO in the end, so all the standard methods of doing anything to it apply the same as before.

As for the HDR file, that file is actually the first file in the ISO, so if you just open the ISO in a hex editor, you'll see "GALE01" right away, which you can then edit right there (just make sure you're overwriting bytes, rather than adding or removing any) without having to extract the file first. Also, even if you did need to extract it, you would only need to extract the one file, not the entire root. The only reason root extraction and rebuilding is necessary sometimes is when you need to add new files to the disc or update an existing file that's larger than the original.

Bug report: C. Falcon and Ganondorf's Side B couldn't connect when I was messing around with Random Hit Elements gamemode. As far I'm concerned, this issue is present on 4.0 Beta02. I don't know if this issue is still present on 4.0 Beta01 and 4.0 Beta03.
If you (or anyone else) are wondering whether something is fixed in one version versus another, there's a changelog in the post with the download. Those files haven't been changed, so any issue there would be the same for all versions.

Yo dude tell me this is an actual skin! I need this! If you have a download link I would appreciate that so much!
You can press D-pad down at the character select screen to make your character metal (in terms of just appearance). And then there are options in the debug menu to adjust the colors of the metal. Dunno what exact colors Nox. Nox. used for that sweet gold though. (Or are there presets too?! I can't remember. That could be a thing though.)

Last edited:

JustJoe

Smash Rookie
The P2 Action commands don't work for some reason. They're set to be on but the cpu will just stand still until it's restarted. Also i used the stage textures and they only work for battlefield

Samplay2

Smash Rookie
On 4.0 Beta 3
Fox and Falco don't shine anymore during tech chasing.
And i can't activate the insane 20xx preasure. Falco or Fox will stand and do nothing

Mingo

Smash Cadet
The P2 Action commands don't work for some reason. They're set to be on but the cpu will just stand still until it's restarted. Also i used the stage textures and they only work for battlefield
On 4.0 Beta 3
Fox and Falco don't shine anymore during tech chasing.
And i can't activate the insane 20xx preasure. Falco or Fox will stand and do nothing
Achilles has not yet put these put these features that were included in 3.02 into 4.0

Crawong

Smash Rookie
Having some troubles with the beta3 creator script, I dragged the vanilla melee 1.02 (I did verify the MD5) onto the script and it just ran for about half an hour and then ended without creating any file or bringing up any prompt. Currently trying to run the creator again, reverified the MD5 and redownloaded the creator but so far it seems like the same thing is happening (it's been about 20 min at least). Not sure what to do :'(

Nox.

Smash Rookie
Yo dude tell me this is an actual skin! I need this! If you have a download link I would appreciate that so much!
if you download this version of 20XX, pressing up on the dpad will give you a metal skin. if you go into the debug menu, you can change the color of the metal skin and make it dark yellow to make it look gold. no download.

DRGN

Technowizard
Premium
I'm on a mac, lol. No worries, using multipatcher with the xdelta file did the trick.
Oh! lol. Well cool. Where'd you get the multipatcher you used? I could add a link to that for Mac users in the ReadMe.

Having some troubles with the beta3 creator script, I dragged the vanilla melee 1.02 (I did verify the MD5) onto the script and it just ran for about half an hour and then ended without creating any file or bringing up any prompt. Currently trying to run the creator again, reverified the MD5 and redownloaded the creator but so far it seems like the same thing is happening (it's been about 20 min at least). Not sure what to do :'(
It shouldn't take more than a few minutes. What does it say? Anything at all? And what kind of system are you trying it on (Windows8? 32-bit? etc.)

You could try using this GUI for xdelta. Or you could try the script on another computer.

Crawong

Smash Rookie
Oh! lol. Well cool. Where'd you get the multipatcher you used? I could add a link to that for Mac users in the ReadMe.

It shouldn't take more than a few minutes. What does it say? Anything at all? And what kind of system are you trying it on (Windows8? 32-bit? etc.)

You could try using this GUI for xdelta. Or you could try the script on another computer.
I'm running windows 10 64-bit i believe, all that appears is like millions of seemingly random characters the flashy rapidly across the .exe window

Edit: just ran the xdeltaUI, worked perfectly thanks for the help!

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
Premium
I'm running windows 10 64-bit i believe, all that appears is like millions of seemingly random characters the flashy rapidly across the .exe window

Edit: just ran the xdeltaUI, worked perfectly thanks for the help!
Glad you got it working. That's weird though. I tested it on Windows 10, 64-bit earlier today. You did drag your vanilla ISO onto the .bat file, not the .exe, right?

NintyTheRagekid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintyTheRageKid
3DS FC
5455-9431-1608
Switch FC
SW-2209-3322-3333
A bunch of Multi-Man/Team matches crash/freeze the game in 1-P Mode.

-Like the 'Super Mario 128' event...
-Multi-Man Melee crashes the game...
-The Mushroom Kingdom stage in Adventure mode crashes when you get to the Yoshis...
-The "Team Battles" in Classic mode don't crash... but the members don't spawn. So... you're stuck there until you quit out. (Also, odd visual water bug.)
Like this:
Sorry about that buzz in the beginning of the video.
Capture card has been acting weird since I upgraded to Windows 10.

EDIT: I guess I wasn't the first/only one to report the "Team Battles" bug.

So I finally got around to testing this. Works perfect, only issue I found was the corps "Team x character" match in Classic never loads the characters.

Last edited:

floss

Smash Rookie
Havent seen this asked but I might of missed it while scrolling through pages of questions. Whats the best way to add stage textures to 4.0? DO we just replace any of the files? How do we change the name in debug menu?

Achilles1515 Achilles1515

Last edited:

Chawinyaw

Smash Cadet

I added a MD5 check in the script, so it will make sure the ISO provided is truly vanilla v1.02 (which could cause problems if it isn't). It can be bypassed if the user really wants though.

The download is just 4 files. After downloading and unzipping the download, all you need to do is drag-and-drop your vanilla 1.02 ISO onto the script, and your 20XX 4.0 Beta ISO will be automatically generated. If you don't know what version your vanilla ISO is, or need to convert it, you can look here.

After your 20XX ISO has been built, if there were no problems, the script will now also prompt the user to ask if they'd like to generate a hash of the finished product. So you can be sure it was built correctly. Of course, the "current correct" hash is simply taken from the build that I've put together (should still be up to date with everything that's been released so far though). Eventually @achilles and I can sync up and I can be sure I have the full, current build and truest of true hashes. Let me know if you guys run into any problems with the new script. So far I've only been able to test it on Win7.

This build contains what Achilles has released so far, so if you've been following along and updating with all the files he's posted, you don't need this.

Included updates from Achilles from Beta02:
- New Feature: Debug Menu --> Character Select Screen Codes --> Custom CSS Colors (screenshots)
- Bug FIx: Debug Menu --> pressing Start when two submenus deep does not load the victory screen and softlock the game.
- Bug Fix: Battlefield rainbow water BG toggle turned to OFF no longer loads Custom Battlefield 2 collision points.
- Bug Fix: v1.00 SDI/Hitlag code updated (thanks to new code from Magus posted today).
- Bug Fix: Widescreen toggle value is now applied immediately upon boot and no longer needs to experience a loading cycle first.
- Bug Fix: "Out-of-camera" magnifier bubbles in Widescreen mode now extend further to the sides of the screen (thanks to Dan Salvato).
- Bug Fix: Opening the Debug Menu and going directly to Stage Codes --> Custom FD Color --> RGB Color Viewer, no longer freezes the game. I also added in a text line to state that Rainbow FD takes priority.​

Included updates from Achilles from Beta01:
- Updated DOL file (Name Entry Additions)
- Fixed GrNKr.1at & GrNKr.2at
- Added Hyrule Maze Stages
- Updated MnSlChr (TrackPreview)
- Fixed PlKbRe.lat
- Fixed GrNFg files​
Please specify which build you're using when submitting a bug. And the more detailed steps you can provide for reproducing it, the better.

Btw, support for 20XX 4.0 will be added to DTW3 in the next version. So if there's still confusion, that should help a lot for seeing which files need to be replaced for various costumes. I also have another surprise along those lines. Primarily there are two things I want to finish before I release the update, but I don't think it will be too long.

When I said, "confused the statement" I was referring to my statement that you had originally quoted. Just look again at my post you originally quoted here, and it should make more sense. :p
LOL I can't even get this patch because my computer is 32bit, can anyone help ;_;

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 , I found actual slopes which looks flat on Hyrule Castle.

Thanks for keeping a keen eye on the new stages! Try this one:

Hyrule64AchModFix[GrTPe].hat
EDIT: 11/20 link updated

------------------

Btw, if you guys didn't notice, I updated the Fourside hack for the 4.0 beta so the camera is a little more zoomed out, and the platform stops at each side for 60 frames, like Smashville. And as with all the other new stages, the insta-walljumping problem should be fixed.

EDIT: Just remembered the platform width was also modified [smaller] to be closer to Smashville.

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
Premium
LOL I can't even get this patch because my computer is 32bit, can anyone help ;_;
Did you try it? It should work on 32-bit systems too, I just haven't tested on that because all of mine are 64-bit. (man, I should really make a test environment for that....)

Thanks for keeping a keen eye on the new stages! Try this one:

Hyrule64AchModFix[GrTPe].hat

DRGN DRGN

------------------

Btw, if you guys didn't notice, I updated the Fourside hack for the 4.0 beta so the camera is a little more zoomed out, and the platform stops at each side for 60 frames, like Smashville. And as with all the other new stages, the insta-walljumping problem should be fixed.
New Banner! Thanks to DRGN's awesome texture work.

View attachment 83667

opening.bnr
Haha, I was literally just typing, about to ask if you wanted you or I to add that too. I should have some spare moments to regenerate the xdelta tomorrow. So if ya got anymore updates to upload before then, have at it!

Last edited:

Zarkdion

Smash Apprentice
Heya! Thanks for the reply, DRGN. Let's see here... aha! Got it. Here it is! Yes, I know the website is kinda bare bones, but I swear by this little piece of software.

Last edited:

BluJay-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jednie
if you download this version of 20XX, pressing up on the dpad will give you a metal skin. if you go into the debug menu, you can change the color of the metal skin and make it dark yellow to make it look gold. no download.
Can you tell be what's numbers you input to get the color?

BluJay-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jednie
Did you encounter a problem with the script?

How the ISO is generated doesn't matter. It's still the same ISO in the end, so all the standard methods of doing anything to it apply the same as before.

As for the HDR file, that file is actually the first file in the ISO, so if you just open the ISO in a hex editor, you'll see "GALE01" right away, which you can then edit right there (just make sure you're overwriting bytes, rather than adding or removing any) without having to extract the file first. Also, even if you did need to extract it, you would only need to extract the one file, not the entire root. The only reason root extraction and rebuilding is necessary sometimes is when you need to add new files to the disc or update an existing file that's larger than the original.

If you (or anyone else) are wondering whether something is fixed in one version versus another, there's a changelog in the post with the download. Those files haven't been changed, so any issue there would be the same for all versions.

You can press D-pad down at the character select screen to make your character metal (in terms of just appearance). And then there are options in the debug menu to adjust the colors of the metal. Dunno what exact colors Nox. Nox. used for that sweet gold though. (Or are there presets too?! I can't remember. That could be a thing though.)
Thanks man. I have an issue. I use a computer that I'm not an admin on very often. When trying to run your script to build the beta3, I need to put in Admin password. Anyway I can get around this?

Crawong

Smash Rookie
Glad you got it working. That's weird though. I tested it on Windows 10, 64-bit earlier today. You did drag your vanilla ISO onto the .bat file, not the .exe, right?
Oh... Yeah I dragged into the .exe, guess I can't follow basic instructions after all :p

Chawinyaw

Smash Cadet
Did you try it? It should work on 32-bit systems too, I just haven't tested on that because all of mine are 64-bit. (man, I should really make a test environment for that....)

Haha, I was literally just typing, about to ask if you wanted you or I to add that too. I should have some spare moments to regenerate the xdelta tomorrow. So if ya got anymore updates to upload before then, have at it!
Yeah, it's not that I have 32bit, it's that my computer is incompatable, is there anyway around this?

http://imgur.com/TEuqhzK

Also it says i'm not using a clean copy of Melee, even though I've tried 3+ iso's.

Last edited:

Finch

Smash Lord
In Beta 01 I could go in to widescreen mode (running the game on dolphin) just fine. In Beta 03 I have tried to go in to widescreen for TV, Monitor, and Dolphin and all of them cause Dolphin to crash as soon as I press b on the first menu of the debug menu.

Edit nvm I had netplay codes on it works fine

Last edited:

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
On one occasion (I haven't yet been able to replicate it), when pressing L+R+A+Y to cancel the stage selection/loading the game has returned to the Hombrew channel instead of the character select screen.

I'm using beta 01, with DIOS MIOS Lite and WiiFlow.

Last edited:

Kou

Smash Apprentice
Beta03 problem or didn't I notice that I changed debug menu settings without awareness?

I think all projectiles have become invisible.
can't see any graphics and hitboxes (but they can hit).

Last edited:

FunkPuissante

Smash Rookie
How do you make the CPUs rejump out of a combo whenever they can in this new version?
Nice job on coding this new version btw

Nox.

Smash Rookie
Is there any way to set the computer to sheik like you could in previous iterations of 20XX yet?

ChaosBreaker

Smash Rookie
NNID
ChaosBreaker882
3DS FC
1547-5193-8299
can't seem to get the in game toggles to work on console. the CPUs (spoof controller) just ends up standing still. this has happened in both 4.01 and 4.03

Last edited:

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
can't seem to get the in game toggles to work on console. the CPUs (spoof controller) just ends up standing still. this has happened in both 4.01 and 4.03
He still has to rewrite the codes for these commands for 20XX 4.0+.

BTW Achilles, is it possible to give an idea of when we can expect to see some of these CPU toggles yet?

Life

Smash Hero
Chrome seems to think Beta03 is malicious software. Should I be concerned?

EDIT: Installed with no issues. Le shrug.

Last edited:

SSBM_Dan

Smash Rookie
I found that if you go to create a custom shield color and press start, it would just show Captain Falcon winning nothing and you can't get out unless you reset the game.

Pressing A/B/Start does nothing but makes confirm sounds.
EDIT: Nevermind, I read the bug fixes and this is something that has been fixed.

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
Hmm random songs on the song preview are crashing my game, I don't think this has happened before and I'm not using a memory card, what's up?

Last edited:

emiguelsv

Smash Cadet
NNID
SpaceMS
I found that if you go to create a custom shield color and press start, it would just show Captain Falcon winning nothing and you can't get out unless you reset the game.

Pressing A/B/Start does nothing but makes confirm sounds.
EDIT: Nevermind, I read the bug fixes and this is something that has been fixed.
Come to think of it, that's actually a sick bug.

Top Bottom