• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

divekicked

Smash Cadet
The hyrule maze stages freeze on both dolphin and on the wii, not sure if this is a bug or if i messed up rebuilding the iso.

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Um, I don't think this should happen, did I do something wrong? I followed the instructions and It does not work..
upload_2015-11-9_17-28-14.png

Zarkdion

Smash Apprentice
Sounds good. This is an amazing thing you have done. Honestly, the full release of this might be as influential to the post-20XX Hack Pack era of Melee as your original pack was to the pre-20XX Hack Pack era.

One suggestion I have (which may be asking too much) is to allow players to play songs on the playlist-maker-page.

Example: I am making a Pokemon Stadium playlist and I want to check out the SSB4 Team Flare theme before I put it in. I go to the next space in the playlist, navigate to the theme, and press X. The theme plays, I like it, and move onto the next song.

For SD Remix 3.1 changelist, it would be really nice [and less confusing] if the characters who don't get changes had a changelist page that said something like "No changes from NTSC version 1.0"

I am excited to see the stage hacks you have in store for us, as well as the other things that make 20XX so good.

Cheers!

RushSSBM

Smash Cadet
so I followed all the steps to making the 4.0 beta, but when I get to the last step for rebuilding, my Rebuild button is grayed out and I can't select it, nobody else had this issue?

worm_hd

Smash Cadet
So, I made the 4.0 beta iso, changing only: the game code to 20XX40, the game name to SSBM 20XX Hack Pack 4.0 beta (making sure to preserve hex placement in my hex editor). When I boot it up in Nintendont, the screen flickers, and the game is in black and white. This doesn't happen with any of my other games (Notably 20XX 3.02). Does this beta force progressive scan, PAL 60Hz, or something?

EDIT: Changed my Nintendont settings to Force NTSC video, so no more black and white.

EDIT 2: Jigglypuff Left costume toggle freezes my Wii. Can't get Texture Hacks section of Debug Menu to work for any stage but Battlefield.

Last edited:

yourwifeandkids

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2036-6894-1918
Could anyone put the 4.0 pack onto dropbox or something? mediafire is throttling me hardcore, 2 hours to download 500 MB :(

Sickolas

Smash Apprentice
Are the new game modes enabled?

edit: oops they are in the special melee menu

idk why i didnt check there

double edit: can we get some other characters like ' > < added to the name entry? maybe as the alternate to some of the numbers?

TRIPLE EDIT: is it simple to change the song name thats displayed in the debug song menu?

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Hey! You used my Fighting Polygon Remix Theme! THANKS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95D7PYt8Bu4
Thank YOU. It's a super awesome remix. Your work is fantastic.

Are the new game modes enabled?

edit: oops they are in the special melee menu

idk why i didnt check there

double edit: can we get some other characters like ' > < added to the name entry? maybe as the alternate to some of the numbers?

TRIPLE EDIT: is it simple to change the song name thats displayed in the debug song menu?
Yes, the Special Melee menu. I had a lot of fun making those game modes. Play them with friends and let me know what you think! I've basically only played Chess Melee before.

Alright. I'm working on a code extension to add more characters to the name entry screen right now.

Yes, it's simple to change the name of a song title. It's in MnSlChr.usd around offset 0x003edda0. Go up from that point. I need to show you guys how to add additional song files to the ISO.

Does the training pack include SD Remix 3.2.1 or 3.1?
It's 3.1, which character-change-wise is the same as 3.2.1 (other than a bug fix for Gdorf or something, I believe).

Sounds good. This is an amazing thing you have done. Honestly, the full release of this might be as influential to the post-20XX Hack Pack era of Melee as your original pack was to the pre-20XX Hack Pack era.

One suggestion I have (which may be asking too much) is to allow players to play songs on the playlist-maker-page.

Example: I am making a Pokemon Stadium playlist and I want to check out the SSB4 Team Flare theme before I put it in. I go to the next space in the playlist, navigate to the theme, and press X. The theme plays, I like it, and move onto the next song.

For SD Remix 3.1 changelist, it would be really nice [and less confusing] if the characters who don't get changes had a changelist page that said something like "No changes from NTSC version 1.0"

I am excited to see the stage hacks you have in store for us, as well as the other things that make 20XX so good.

Cheers!
That's a good suggestion for the playlist menus. Replace your MnSlChr.usd with this one and let me know if it is what you were thinking. Press A to play the song.

I'm planning on adding those "No Changes" menus, I just haven't gotten around to it.

Lol my stage hack store is empty. I just dished everything I had out to you guys!
So, I made the 4.0 beta iso, changing only: the game code to 20XX40, the game name to SSBM 20XX Hack Pack 4.0 beta (making sure to preserve hex placement in my hex editor). When I boot it up in Nintendont, the screen flickers, and the game is in black and white. This doesn't happen with any of my other games (Notably 20XX 3.02). Does this beta force progressive scan, PAL 60Hz, or something?

EDIT: Changed my Nintendont settings to Force NTSC video, so no more black and white.

EDIT 2: Jigglypuff Left costume toggle freezes my Wii. Can't get Texture Hacks section of Debug Menu to work for any stage but Battlefield.
Which Jigglypuff L costume? Is it freezing immediately when you hit L or does it freeze when trying to boot up the match? Does this happen for anyone else? Battlefield is the only stage I have hooked in at the moment.

Last edited:

Kem0therapy

Smash Rookie
For the texture hacks, none of the dreamland ones work/the stage remains neutral
EDIT: it runs out battlefield is the only stage where they work
EDIT 2: I just read the missing things lol so nvm

Last edited:

RushSSBM

Smash Cadet
Is it possible to create multiple CSP's for the same slot? So that if you L/R costumes, it won't just be the background color that changes, but the whole CSP? That would be sick for all the costumes, but I know creating CSP's is completely manual and it's a pain to edit properly even if it's possible

Capt. Tin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Capt.Tin
GCRebuilder keeps saying 'Misc files are not allowed in '&&systemdata' folder.

EDIT: Got it working

Last edited:

worm_hd

Smash Cadet
Which Jigglypuff L costume? Is it freezing immediately when you hit L or does it freeze when trying to boot up the match? Does this happen for anyone else? Battlefield is the only stage I have hooked in at the moment.
Sorry, this was for Jigglypuff's Green costume L toggle. When I posted this, it would freeze when I selected the toggle on the CSS. I rebooted and it happened again. I recall that I had the hacked SSS toggled before the first time. Trying just now, I have no issue loading the costume, so I'm not sure what happened. I tested all the legal stages.

I also want to say thank you for this project. I've gotten a lot of enjoyment out of these packs, and I really appreciate the effort you put in.

Last edited:

Summate

Smash Rookie
Been playing with this for a few hours and my initial impressions are that this is really solid. I've been in and out of a large number of games and I've only had a couple crashes (mostly freezes, although I did have Dolphin reporting some invalid reads) whereas I'd be lucky to go a couple games in 3.02.

I noticed that I can L cancel any of G&W's aerials. Is that a product of SD Remix and if so, is there some way to essentially excise SD Remix from 20XX?

I eventually realized that holding start for a really long time at the CSS has the same effect as down on the D-pad before. Z also doesn't let me select Sheik anymore, is there some equivalent? Seems like all the other buttons are taken.

Absolutely loving the color/action assignment, although it'd be nice to be able to mass apply a particular scheme to all players. Nope. Dumb. I thought the color overlays applied on a per-player basis for some reason.

Hitlag/SDI behavior defaulted to Melee 1.00. Not sure if intentional. The double start press mechanism on master debug level is a bit... unintuitive.

Some costumes for people that might be interested (note that I don't have a ****ing clue about superheroes or probably beloved characters in general, so I've probably gotten some of those wrong - please submit corrections where applicable if you know better):

• Dr. Mario
    • Neutral - R high resolution - L stoned murderer
    • Black - R blue hair, green headband, sunglasses, black outfit - L business suit
    • Green - R street clothes under coat - L The Riddler
    • Blue - R some kind of Naruto outfit? - L street clothes under a cyan sunshine shirt of sorts?
    • Red - R pink coat - L Professor Oak?
  • Mario
    • Neutral - R high resolution - L US flag
    • Green - R Luigi costume - L fireball costume
    • Blue - R cyan/purple - L angry + black/blue
    • Brown - R gray/red - L underwater Mario?
    • Yellow - R red/white - L Super Mario Land 3 accents to Wario costume
  • Luigi
    • Neutral - R white/green - L Green Lantern?
    • Pink - R cartoon Luigi? - L white Falcon costume
    • Teal - R Waluigi costume - L teal/green
    • White - R legit Waluigi - L black/green
  • Bowser
    • Neutral - R Brawl-esque costume - L completely black + red eyes
    • Black - R no difference - L Giga Bowser-esque coloring
    • Blue - R no difference - L blue all over + Baby Bowser-esque red eyes
    • Red - R red shell/head + pinkish body - L Dry Bones style
  • Peach
    • Neutral - R some kind of Naruto outfit? - L white/pinkish tone
    • Green - R light green dress + cyan hair - L Christmassy
    • Purple - R purple/blue dress + light blue hair - L Rosalina
    • White - R cybernetic look of some kind? - L yellow/black dress
    • Yellow - R no difference - L no difference
  • Yoshi
    • Neutral - R high resolution shoes - L black Yoshi, green accents
    • Red - R orange + purple shoes - L pink+green Yoshi, blue shoes, black eyes
    • Blue - R deep purple (or black) Yoshi + white shoes - L blue, red partial shoes, messed up Yoshi
    • Yellow - R goldish/orangeish Yoshi - L light purple Yoshi
    • Pink - R i don't know what this is? - L white Yoshi + cyan shoes
    • Cyan - R no difference - L Godzilla?
  • DK
    • Neutral - R no difference? - L white haired
    • Green - R no difference - L full green
    • Blue - R no difference - L Sonic
    • Red - R no difference - L yellow haired, red eyes, Goku symbol on red tie
    • Brown - R no difference - L black-haired, brown eyes, gray skin, KONG on black tie
  • Captain Falcon
    • Neutral - R high resolution - L inspired by Falcon's SNES costume
    • Black - R Gray Fox from MGS - L Batman
    • Red - R The Flash - L LowLand Lions
    • White - R orange instead of pink - L Twitch
    • Green - R Marvel's Vision, maybe? - L Green Ranger
    • Blue - R Tron - L Captain America
  • Ganondorf
    • Neutral - R high resolution - L inspired by Ganon's Brawl costume
    • Purple - R gray tone - L Batman-ish, maybe?
    • Lime - R no difference - L Wind Waker costume
    • Cyan - R Superman - L some kind of water-based superhero?
    • Red - R pink tone - L Communist Ganon
  • Falco
    • Neutral - R white jacket, black clothing - L pink jacket, white pants/boots, black shirt
    • Black - R turquoise feathers, teal shirt, black jacket/pants, white boots - L green features, camo pants, black jacket/boots, gray shirt
    • Cyan - R Captain Falcon costume - L white/blue feathers, blue jacket, brown pants/shirt, yellow boots
    • Red - R more detailed feathers, black shirt/pants, red jacket - L white/ed feathers, red jacket, gray pants/shirt, yellow boots
  • Fox
    • Neutral - R yellow jacket/black clothes - L Star Wolf?
    • Green - R green jacket/black clothes/metal boots - L camo
    • Purple - R light blue jacket + gray/white everything else - L Cloud9
    • Red - R deep red pants, goldish boots, black jacket/gloves, gray fur - L Goku
  • Ness
    • Neutral - R high resolution - L Pokémon Trainer costume
    • Green - R green/yellow shirt/hat - L some kind of character? Metal "helmet," black shirt/bag/boots, brown pants
    • Blue - R some kind of character? Different eyes, purple-ish shirt/hat, green pants, red bag - L Mother costume
    • Yellow - R Pokémon trainer - L Lucas costume
  • Ice Climbers
    • Neutral - R high resolution - L yin/yang
    • Red - R no difference - L Plusle+Minun
    • Orange - R purple Nana(lead) + ice blue Popo, white hammers - L Valentine's tandem (pink suit/hammer Nana lead, black suit/hammer Popo)
    • Green - R royal blue Popo(lead) + white Nana - L Black Mage Popo + White Mage Nana
  • Kirby
    • Neutral - R extra pink - L Pokéball
    • White - R purple bombish thing, green face/arms, gray feet - L super purple
    • Green - R light green - L Mallow
    • Red - R very pink very angry + white feet - L Plusle
    • Cyan - R googly eyes blue/orange - L Minun
    • Yellow - R reddish-brown + white feet - L light brownish + brown feet
  • Samus
    • Neutral - R PED Suit - L Iron Man
    • Purple - R black gray suit, cyan visor - L Dark Samus?
    • Green - R no difference - L Varia Suit?
    • Brown - R mostly white suit, red arm cannon, black upper torso - L gray/white suit, dark blue arm cannon
    • Pink - R hot pink/pink/white suit, goldish arm cannon - L Fusion Suit
  • Zelda
    • Neutral - R no difference - L Brawl costume
    • White - R black dress, red accents, gray skin/hair - L cyan dress
    • Green - R no difference - L Micaiah
    • Blue - R super purple - L Midna
    • Red - R no difference - L no difference
  • Sheik
    • Neutral - R no difference - L Brawl costume
    • White - R black/gray/red - L Impa costume
    • Green - R no difference - L Sothe
    • Blue - R super purple - L Midna
    • Red - R Red Ranger - L DMC 2 Dante
  • Link
    • Neutral - R high resolution - L NES Link
    • White - R high resolution - L Fierce Deity Link
    • Black - R high resolution - L Dark Link
    • Blue - R high resolution - L Zora Link
    • Red - R character of some kind? Lava Link - L character of some kind? Brown tunic, slate gray hat/hair, blue gloves/sleeves/boot trim
  • Young Link
    • Neutral - R Majora's Mask Link - L Wind Waker-esque Link
    • Black - R character of some kind? Purple tunic and a different purple hat, cyanish hair, red sword - L Dark Link
    • White - R no difference - L Fierce Deity Link
    • Blue - R blue/white striped Tunic/hat - L character of some kind? Royal blue tunic/hat, orange hait, star shield, sword/hilt changes
    • Red - R no difference - L character of some kind? Brown tunic, slate gray hat/hair, blue boot trim
  • Pichu
    • Neutral - R high resolution - L purple + white with red eyes
    • Green - R very minor alteration - L blue/light blue
    • Blue - R very minor alteration - L Minun
    • Red - R Zorua - L Plusle
  • Pikachu
    • Neutral - R high resolution - L white with black accents
    • Green - R regular with a black hat - L mint ice cream with a hat
    • Blue - R high resolution - L purple + white with red eyes
    • Red - R pale yellow with yellow accents with gray hat - L white with black accents with blue hat
  • Jigglypuff
    • Neutral - R Brawl costume - L awesome face meme
    • Yellow - R character of some kind? Purple + green dot eyes + detailed crown and earrings - L jet black + red eyes + super detailed crown
    • Green - R red headband - L rainbow headband
    • Blue - R character of some kind? Big eyes, light blue body + black bow - L white + strange face + red bow
    • Red - R character of some kind? Purple, white, red eyes, black flower - L white + red eyes + flower
  • Mewtwo
    • Neutral - R high resolution - L armored
    • Green - R a character of some kind? gray face, black eyes, yellow accents - L Deoxys
    • Blue - R Cooler - L Lucario
    • Orange - R red chestplate, gray/white body, turqoise eyes - L Zoroark-inspired?
  • Mr. Game & Watch
    • Neutral - R no difference - L no difference
    • Green - R no difference - L no difference
    • Blue - R no difference - L no difference
    • Red - R no difference - L no difference
  • Marth
    • Neutral - R Brawl costume - L light blue scheme
    • White - R Ky Kiske - L Batman's Robin
    • Black - R based on Project M's purple Marth costume - L fully black scheme
    • Green - R CATS - L Link costume
    • Red - R based on Project M's black/red Marth costume - L some kind of Naruto costume?
  • Roy
    • Neutral - R high resolution - L black scheme
    • Yellow - R gray scheme - L character of some kind? Yellow hair/cape, blue/red clothing
    • Green - R no difference - L character of some kind? Blue hair/shirt, white pants, large boots
    • Blue - R light blue scheme - L character of some kind? Red hair/cape, blue clothing
    • Red - R no difference - L black clothing + white cape
I haven't come across a case yet where D-pad left or right did much of anything (or the details were entirely too fine to notice), so I'm guessing that's just part of the beta nature. Either that or there are almost no changes between SDR, NTSC, and PAL.

EDIT: I was able to consistently crash by using Kirby's red L costume. If I enabled a CPU, it would freeze crash then. Otherwise it would freeze crash when I tried to get into a level.

Overall, I'm definitely not using 3.02 again. Thank you very much for putting this out.

Last edited:

Chulip

Smash Rookie
When i go to open the root folder in GCR it says it cant due to missing audio folder files

Edit: I fixed the problem I had forgotten to make GCR not change tol files

Last edited:

TFS | Zeb

Smash Rookie
This is amazing. Already started using the changed DI pattern and teching pattern hacks.

The one issue I found was that the CPUs no longer jump out of hitstun or shine after tech. Is this an option I'm missing or are they not back in place yet? Might consider adding those as toggles if you've got the time.

Thanks SO much for putting this out!

Goatlink

Smash Apprentice
bugs I have found so far, all found on console with dios mios

holding start+x+y (to reset your controller) on the "live analog controller inputs menu" loads a win screen with 4 black captain falcons. It doesnt freeze the game and you can hear menu sound effects, but it appears softlocked. I think this was a feature in the vanilla debug menu and the default option was to load captain falcon.

selecting the "RGB color Viewer" from the custom final destination color menu crashes the game, the RGB color viewer works fine from the extras menu.

when you set the pokemon to come out of a pokeball to be ditto, you sometimes get goldeen. nvm I dont think thats a bug, I think there can just only be one ditto on the field at a time

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
Should I wait for the beta to update or use it right away? I don't want bugs from the new update that weren't in the 3.02 update.

BluJay-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jednie
Noooo! I don't know what I did!!! I finally got the beta 4.0 working but it was a squished so everything was skinny and not stretching to 4:3 (on wii) then I went back to old version of 20xx and it's doing the same thing DX help me plz!!

flieskiller

Smash Journeyman
Noooo! I don't know what I did!!! I finally got the beta 4.0 working but it was a squished so everything was skinny and not stretching to 4:3 (on wii) then I went back to old version of 20xx and it's doing the same thing DX help me plz!!
Try to search in the Debug Menu, the switch for Widescreen. Maybe it was changed accidentally, try disabling the widescreen.

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Can anyone tell me how to get 4.0 beta to work? Everytime I choose "Do not use Game.toc" and rebuild the iso, It says its invalid..

schmooblidon

Smash Journeyman
Holy moly achilles, there is so much content in this, it's legit overwhelming. Christmas definitely came early, thank you for all your hard work.

There is 2 very minor but very important tweaks that I think would make this complete.

1. A way to use C-stick for camera functions in DEVELOP mode. The toggle in the pause menu is amazing, but I use the camera tools every single time I lab. If you could toggle c-stick functions in the pause menu or even the debug menu, then I'd be 100% converted.

2. The Akuma Doc Texture. Clearly the best texture ever made

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Alright boys, it's time for some action.

20XX 4.0 Beta01.zip

EDIT:
Add these files to the download pack as well:
https://www.mediafire.com/?qgb7uolvux5c1g5

-------------------------------
The folder that unzips, "20XX 4.0 DL" will now be referred to as "20XX folder". It's contents will be placed into a vanilla SSBM root folder.

1) Extract a vanilla SSBM 1.02 root folder using GCR. Then close GCR.
2) 20XX folder --> &&systemdata --> Copy Start.dol.
3) Vanilla --> &&systemdata --> Paste and overwrite vanilla Start.dol.

3) Vanilla root folder. Completely delete the "audio" folder.
4) 20XX folder --> copy "audio" folder and paste in vanilla root folder.

5) 20XX folder --> copy everything in the folder except the two folders mentioned above. (So all the files, but not folders).
6) Vanilla root folder --> paste and overwrite for all items.

7) Vanilla root folder --> Delete all .mth videos (from MvEndCaptain.mth all the way down to MvOpen.mth)

--- vanilla root folder now equals "modified root folder" ---

8) Open GCR. Do not load the modified root folder from above yet.
9) GCR --> Options (at the top) --> click "do not modify game.toc"

10) GCR --> Root (at the top) --> Open
11) Select your modified root folder.

12) GCR --> Root (at the top) --> Rebuild.
13) Choose name of your ISO file and hit okay.

--> 20XX 4.0 Beta01.iso

I hope I didn't forget any files in the download...

-----------------------------------------------------------

This is FAR from being complete, but it's coming along alright. There is tons added and also things that have yet returned from the previous 20XX. The one really big item that is missing in this build is the P2 action commands (input spam, hold shield, act of shield, etc.).

Other missing / unhooked things off the top of my head
Debug Menu
- Missing Character Codes Menu
- Missing a Mechanics Menu (which some current items among different menus will be added to this)
- Missing a CREDITS MENU!!
- Texture Hacks --> Battlefield is the only one that I have written code for yet. Also missing things like Rainbow Shine.
- Item Codes -> Additional Item Switch, I think this isn't hooked yet. But monsters might be fine.
--> missing info pages for new mechanics, but they may be moved to an entire new menu completely​
- Extras --> SDR 3.1 Changelog --> no text screen for characters with no changes. Spacies have shines swapped and falcon is my experimental char. Shinesplosion for grounded down-b.​

- Alternate costumes were the "latest" from like...February or something. You guys have made a lot of cool ones since then and some slots need to be updated.

- Random stage select toggle screen needs updated text. Stage select screen preview texts need to be updated for hacked stages as well.

Tons more.
-----------------------------------------

Go to the Hacked SSS by clicking D-Pad Down at the SSS. Hacked stage select screen #3 has been heavily neglected for awhile.
Go to the "Character Select Screen Codes" debug menu to see the user input options for that screen.
.lat files = L alternate costumes
.rat files = R alternate costumes
.sat files = SDR remix character files
.pat files = PAL character files (or change these to your own custom character files!)
Play the Special Game Modes.

3 Custom battlefields. Can specify the X/Y location and scale multiplier for each platform.
OH! And when the game is paused,
D-pad Up to reload music (only does something if a music playlist is active for current stage music)
D-pad Right to toggle on/off the in-game 20XX toggles and DEVELOP toggles--> keep clicking it to cycle through options @Kadano schmooblidon schmooblidon
- Magus physics [Achilles mod] are added as DEVELOP toggles. Same inputs from Magus' thread.​

I whipped up memory card saving today. Let me know if there are any issues. Will destroy your previous file because I have yet to give the game a new ID/save file name.

Just go to the Debug Menu and read things. This post is pitiful. I have had a long weekend and need to go to sleep. More details later.

DRGN DRGN flieskiller flieskiller @CeLL @Stride @_glook @zankyou @Itaru TerryJ TerryJ @tatatat0 @Tater @Ampers @Myougi @Yax @SinsOfApathy @MagicScrumpy Doq Doq @Dan Salvato @Aerros11 @Wooggle @Sham Rock @Kou @Anutim @sdremix_troubleshooter @Trip @Acryte and everyone else!!!
YESSS. What a God! So stoked to try this out. And congrats man! Any plans for kids? :D

BluJay-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jednie
Try to search in the Debug Menu, the switch for Widescreen. Maybe it was changed accidentally, try disabling the widescreen.
I already tried that :( it for some reason works fine if I run it in usb loader gx to dios mios by I would still like to know if you have any solutions

Top Bottom