• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

pheijai

Smash Rookie
Yes. They're about 90% converted to ASM but I'll update them all at once when I get finished with everything. I'm kind of combining everything into one big code to use the least amount of code lines as possible.
Thanks a ton achilles! I am kind of new to smash and these codes have helped me improve my basics a ton! Keep up the wonderful work and I'm super excited for the next big update of yours!

carnivore

Smash Cadet
X+D-Pad Left Toggles P2 CPU AI Type to "Stand"
- toggles between "Normal" and "Stand" AI type
- works midgame

2846B108 00000401
48000000 80453FC0
DE000000 80008180
12001AF6 00000004
E2000001 80008000
CC000000 00000000
E2100000 00000000
48000000 80453FC0
DE000000 80008180
12001AF6 00000000
E2000002 80008000
awesome, thanks. now I can practice gentlemans on Bowser to my hearts content

Doser

Smash Ace
The project M team have their work cut out for them if they want to provide such a solid suite of training tools.

NNID
dansalvato
I spent the last couple days figuring out the structure and functions of Melee's debug menu. What achilles and I plan to aim for is the ability to package a single code file containing ALL the codes, and then have those codes toggleable via Melee's debug menu. This means users won't have to fiddle with GCT files to enable different combinations of codes.

Here's a sample debug menu I put together to give you an idea of what we can do. We can include code titles, switches, and descriptions in-game, essentially creating our own menu from the ground up. This is an in-game screenshot I took using Dolphin.

pheijai

Smash Rookie
Dang IE that's incredible!

For the random tech/DI codes, it seems to have some conflict with achilles' P2 spam codes. I posted on stratocaster's post but I was wondering if anybody else had that issue. It's working for me now because I removed the P2 spam codes from the gct file. I'm using DMB. Just wondering if anybody else was having this issue or if anybody had this issue and figured out how to fix it.

I know achilles' suggested stratocaster to add a line, and I am wondering if that would fix the conflict. I would love to add the line in by myself but...... I have no idea where to add that line hahahahaha

Also, does anybody know how the "boot to character select screen" code works? It does not seem to work for me. I'm using DMB with v1.02. I've used many v1.02 codes and they all work perfectly but this one seems to not like me all too much =/

When using a website to create the gct file, it said that this is not a code:

Boot to Character Select Screen (1.02) [InternetExplorer]
041a45a0 3c000202
041a45a4 901e0000

I tried to change all the letters to being capitalized, and it accepted it. But, it still did not seem to work for me. There was this one time when I was messing around with the gct file.... it worked... but other codes were automatically toggled and I was not able to toggle them off so I had to tweak the gct file even more. Right now, the codes I want are enabled and working.... all except the "Boot to Character Select Screen" code.

Just wondering if anybody else had this issue and has a way to fix it.

Last edited:

Doser

Smash Ace
Has anyone been able to get these codes working with GX? I've checked and checked again to make sure everything is in the right place, and no matter what it will just boot vanilla melee.

So I have melee under usb1:/games/DOLE01/, my codes are correctly linked to usb1:/codes/, and I have ocarina enabled globally and selectively for melee.

Gx recognizes my code and I am able to select which codes to enable, and after exporting it as a .gct within Gx melee proceeds to just boot normally. This is very frustrating.

Last edited:

Inserio

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1418-8131-4530
Has anyone been able to get these codes working with GX? I've checked and checked again to make sure everything is in the right place, and no matter what it will just boot vanilla melee.

So I have melee under usb1:/games/DOLE01/, my codes are correctly linked to usb1:/codes/, and I have ocarina enabled globally and selectively for melee.

Gx recognizes my code and I am able to select which codes to enable, and after exporting it as a .gct within Gx melee proceeds to just boot normally. This is very frustrating.
Try just doing one code at a time and adding until it stops working. Having the codes on the usb seems to limit the amount that you can have at a time.

Last edited:

Doser

Smash Ace
Alright, but it is strange, considering PM loads all of its codes flawlessly via usb for me.

Edit: Inserio was absolutely correct, after whittling down the codes enabled it works like a charm! Thanks.

Last edited:

hectohertz

Smash Ace
has anyone found a good setup using this pack to practice shield dropping (after shieldstun) when someone is attacking your shield

maybe one of the move spammer codes?

xJin678

Smash Cadet
has anyone found a good setup using this pack to practice shield dropping (after shieldstun) when someone is attacking your shield

maybe one of the move spammer codes?
-Move Spammer (for something like Marth's Utilt)
-Invincibility (so if you get hit, you only get damaged and no knockback)
-Infinite Shield (so you won't worry about diminishing shield)

D

Deleted member

Do we have any AR codes to disable the kremlins/crocs at Jungle Japes?
I really want to make that stage a little more viable for tournament play.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Do we have any AR codes to disable the kremlins/crocs at Jungle Japes?
I really want to make that stage a little more viable for tournament play.
I don't think anyone has made a code for that. I'm sure it's possible, but I've never created any codes for modifying stage elements. If I were to attempt this, I would start with the "Stage hacking tips" from Zauron's Lair at the bottom of the page.

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
I spent the last couple days figuring out the structure and functions of Melee's debug menu. What achilles and I plan to aim for is the ability to package a single code file containing ALL the codes, and then have those codes toggleable via Melee's debug menu. This means users won't have to fiddle with GCT files to enable different combinations of codes.
Wouldn't it be easier if the iso/game loader had a user interface for enabling/disabling cheats? Of course then you'd lose the ability to change the codes "on-the-fly".

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Wouldn't it be easier if the loader had a user interface for enabling/disabling cheats?

Wouldn't it be easier if the loader had a user interface for enabling/disabling cheats? Of course then you'd lose the ability to change the codes "on-the-fly".
The menu won't be used for all the codes. It will be good for things like toggling on the widescreen hack, for example. All the current ingame ones will more than likely stay toggleable ingame

Doq

Smash Lord

Here's a sample debug menu I put together to give you an idea of what we can do. We can include code titles, switches, and descriptions in-game, essentially creating our own menu from the ground up. This is an in-game screenshot I took using Dolphin.

Show me your ways!!! please?

Doser

Smash Ace
Have there been some difficulties with implementing the random teching/di codes with the rest of the pack? I think if those were working it would be near perfect.

pheijai

Smash Rookie
Have there been some difficulties with implementing the random teching/di codes with the rest of the pack? I think if those were working it would be near perfect.
Yes there have been some issues but it should work fine now. Stratocaster is a little busy and has not added the fix to his OP but in this post here:

http://smashboards.com/threads/gecko-code-cpu-random-teching-and-di.354786/#post-16731779

I fixed the last line of the code so that it will not affect the rest of the codes that are added in after it (with the help of achilles). Keep in mind that in my post, the code is for v1.02. If you are using a different version, the only thing you have to make sure to fix the last line:

Change:
E2000003 80008000

To this:
E2000006 80008000

and according to achilles and stratocaster, this should fix all the versions (maybe not PAL because stratocaster said PAL is not complete yet).

Doser

Smash Ace
Alright great, I got it working with the rest of the codes. This is a truly wonderful training mod, thanks stratocaster and achilles1515.

Oh and one note, I'm sure this has been mentioned before but the pokemon stadium no transform stage goes to mushroom kingdom in training mode. Not a big deal, just figured I'd mention it on the off chance it's a bug someone has missed.

pheijai

Smash Rookie
Hey achilles!

I wanted to ask a couple things:

1) Is it possible to have so many lines of code in your gct file that it causes Dios Mios Booter to freeze sometimes? I'm having the issue where all the codes work but after a few games, it would freeze and I have to reset. I was trying to test how many codes it can handle at once. Do you know what the code limit is for DMB? (Like..... the size of the gct file)

2) Is it possible to create a toggle that makes the CPU permanently have the star item? It would help to use this along with the toggle CPU "stand" code to practice L-cancels after hitting an opponent or multishining with hit stun delay, etc. It's hard to practice that stuff with CPU holding shield because they slide around when hit.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Hey achilles!

I wanted to ask a couple things:

1) Is it possible to have so many lines of code in your gct file that it causes Dios Mios Booter to freeze sometimes? I'm having the issue where all the codes work but after a few games, it would freeze and I have to reset. I was trying to test how many codes it can handle at once. Do you know what the code limit is for DMB? (Like..... the size of the gct file)

2) Is it possible to create a toggle that makes the CPU permanently have the star item? It would help to use this along with the toggle CPU "stand" code to practice L-cancels after hitting an opponent or multishining with hit stun delay, etc. It's hard to practice that stuff with CPU holding shield because they slide around when hit.
Kou did some testing with the code limits here. I thought it was 255 lines (idk what size that gct would be), but I've also heard that booting with cheats from USB can handle less lines than booting from an SD card.

For your second question, you could use the D-Pad Down toggles invincibility code and practice stuff against an [invincible] cpu or human. The "invincibility" is just no knockback. Another good way of practicing this with the given codes is to start a game using D-Pad Up to load the stage select screen, while making another player be Master Hand (I give details of how to do this in the original post, and its in the gif). Master Hand suffers no knockback but gives you hitlag as if you were hitting a regular player.

Oh and one note, I'm sure this has been mentioned before but the pokemon stadium no transform stage goes to mushroom kingdom in training mode. Not a big deal, just figured I'd mention it on the off chance it's a bug someone has missed.
Thanks for notifying me of this. I'll try and look into it.

Last edited:

pheijai

Smash Rookie
Kou did some testing with the code limits here. I thought it was 255 lines (idk what size that gct would be), but I've also heard that booting with cheats from USB can handle less lines than booting from an SD card.

For your second question, you could use the D-Pad Down toggles invincibility code and practice stuff against an [invincible] cpu or human. The "invincibility" is just no knockback. Another good way of practicing this with the given codes is to start a game using D-Pad Up to load the stage select screen, while making another player be Master Hand (I give details of how to do this in the original post, and its in the gif). Master Hand suffers no knockback but gives you hitlag as if you were hitting a regular player.

Thanks for notifying me of this. I'll try and look into it.
Oh right! Thanks for reminding me. I totally forgot about the invincible code -.- Wonderful! I will work with that

Handy Man

Smash Ace
So I've been trying to get these codes to work with DIOS MIOS Lite on my SD Card, and the game loads perfectly. However, the codes don't. I made a .gct out of the codes that were listed in the OP, named it GALE01.gct, put it in the same folder as the game (SD:\games\GALE01), and turned "cheats" on in DIOS MIOS. Is there anything that I'm doing wrong?

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
So I've been trying to get these codes to work with DIOS MIOS Lite on my SD Card, and the game loads perfectly. However, the codes don't. I made a .gct out of the codes that were listed in the OP, named it GALE01.gct, put it in the same folder as the game (SD:\games\GALE01), and turned "cheats" on in DIOS MIOS. Is there anything that I'm doing wrong?
I also want to say that I'm having a problem with this as well.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I also want to say that I'm having a problem with this as well.
I would try using CFG Loader which automatically makes the gct files for you. Start with only enabling one cheat - boot to character select screen. So you'll know immediately if codes are working or not.

nqztv has a guide for this on like the sixth comment on this thread or something.

gijn

Smash Cadet
Really enjoying these codes on my wii but I'm having some issues on Dolphin. I'm using Dolphin version 4.0-720 for Linux and I can only seem to get some AR codes working but not any Gecko activated codes (like the debug menu if I change it to AR activated it works but if its Gecko it doesn't). I've been fiddling for ages and I'm now using your GALE01.ini file I found on reddit and still can't get the gecko codes to turn on :/. any ideas?

Last edited:

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I would try using CFG Loader which automatically makes the gct files for you. Start with only enabling one cheat - boot to character select screen. So you'll know immediately if codes are working or not.

nqztv has a guide for this on like the sixth comment on this thread or something.
Sorry if this sounds noob-ish, but I thought that the CFG Loader only works with USB devices. Does it also work with SD cards, or do I have to put Melee into a HDD or flashdrive?

Hax

Smash Champion
I have a request for a hack if possible

I'd like to be able to shine a CPU's shield and have them immediately buffer a roll; direction of the roll doesn't matter

please let me know if this can be done. thank you

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I have a request for a hack if possible

I'd like to be able to shine a CPU's shield and have them immediately buffer a roll; direction of the roll doesn't matter

please let me know if this can be done. thank you
I have a code that has P2 buffering a random c-stick direction (all directions possible) out of shield stun. Would this suffice? And if they jump out (buffer up), they'll do a frame perfect nair. I could increase the percentage likelihood of doing a roll, though.

Last edited:

Hax

Smash Champion
I have a code that has P2 buffering a random c-stick direction (all directions possible) out of shield stun. Would this suffice? And if they jump out (buffer up), they'll do a frame perfect nair. I could increase the percentage likelihood of doing a roll, though.
just rolling (left/right) would be best if possible

?

Acryte

Smash Ace

the "X-FORM" part is a little hard to read (at least on my TV). I'm not sure the best way to get the point across of No Transformations with a tiny picture on low resolution CRTs (other than stating it in the text on the left)....suggestions welcome.
You can change the picture of normal Pokemon Stadium to a transformation and then use the normal thumbnail for Pokemon Stadium for the no transformation.

Top Bottom