• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Ndrew

Smash Rookie
What are the names for the stages that are added by pressing the DPad button? More specifically, the blue PS with fixed plats?

CeLL

Smash Lord
What are the names for the stages that are added by pressing the DPad button? More specifically, the blue PS with fixed plats?
Code:
20XX Hacked Stage File Names
Green Greens....GrHr.dat
Past Stages Yoshi's....GrOt.dat
Kongo Jungle......GrCn.dat
Fourside......TyPy.dat
Hyrule......GrVe.dat
I'm pretty sure that blue Stadium is just the japanese Stadium.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Ahh ok, it would be nice if there was a way to disconnect the AI again so I could maneuever the P2 character to somewhere specific before giving him another command.
Yeah, it's intentional. Although I know what you mean by it being weird. If you want to make them a human again, you could do the L+R+D-Pad Up and make them spam nothing.

GrPs.dat

zz_halim

Smash Apprentice
Ahh ok, it would be nice if there was a way to disconnect the AI again so I could maneuever the P2 character to somewhere specific before giving him another command.
get the newest release a few pages back with player flags in debug menu. there you can set the CPU AI for P2 to "Stay". when you then enter L+R+D-Pad Down the CPU just stands there (Training AI+DI+Teching) waiting for you to be nudged around

11Skies

Smash Cadet
Okay, guys. First of all thanks a lot for the help, CeLL. And thanks Achilles for your awesome work.

There's one last thing I'll need from you guys, so I'm here to pester you again.

The code achilles gave me seems to have disabled alternate skins, this might be due to the fact that I'm not even sure if I edited the dol file correctly, now this problem could be easily fixed if I use the standard Dol file, but my scene is full of plebs and I've seen people compete with PAL in tournament, when we play only on NTSC 1.02, so I'm here to ask for help.

Assuming what I did was wrong and Achilles was right, then how do I edit the dol file so that I do it properly?

Opening up a hex editor off of the bat, I'm not sure if I should choose in this drop down menu option, I hope I have it correct.

http://gyazo.com/3b70787457ed68100d23654d1562af05

This is the option I have it set on

What I did was the following, keep that option standard, and control - F, find the hex code and copy pastaroni/replace the line through the function "replace"

11Skies

Smash Cadet
This is probably one of the cringiest things you guys will ever see here, but when I look up "0x3f84c4 c" from

In the 3.02 DOL file, at offset 0x3f84c4 change 408201e4 to 480001e4.
It doesn't find it.

Offsets are displayed in this way, I'm really new to these things, my custom ISO is almost done thanks to you guys, but this is the last frontier:

http://gyazo.com/bb25507079a86968107d35b48328509f

They don't show up the same.

Like I said this is probably the cringiest thing you've seen someone post here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CeLL

Smash Lord
Okay, guys. First of all thanks a lot for the help, CeLL. And thanks Achilles for your awesome work.

There's one last thing I'll need from you guys, so I'm here to pester you again.

The code achilles gave me seems to have disabled alternate skins, this might be due to the fact that I'm not even sure if I edited the dol file correctly, now this problem could be easily fixed if I use the standard Dol file, but my scene is full of plebs and I've seen people compete with PAL in tournament, when we play only on NTSC 1.02, so I'm here to ask for help.

Assuming what I did was wrong and Achilles was right, then how do I edit the dol file so that I do it properly?

Opening up a hex editor off of the bat, I'm not sure if I should choose in this drop down menu option, I hope I have it correct.

http://gyazo.com/3b70787457ed68100d23654d1562af05

This is the option I have it set on

What I did was the following, keep that option standard, and control - F, find the hex code and copy pastaroni/replace the line through the function "replace"
You want to go to offset 0x3f84c4. That means press ctrl + g and then copy 3f84c4 into the box. After you do that, you should see 40 82 01 e4. What you want it to say is 48 00 01 e4. So copy 480001e4 and then in HxD, click right before the 4 at the beginning of 40 82 01 e4, then press ctrl + b (paste overwrite). Some of it should turn red.

Just for your reference offsets are displayed as a table, so an offset of a single byte (those groups of two digits) is the offset on the left of its row plus the offset at the top of its column.

11Skies

Smash Cadet
You want to go to offset 0x3f84c4. That means press ctrl + g and then copy 3f84c4 into the box. After you do that, you should see 40 82 01 e4. What you want it to say is 48 00 01 e4. So copy 480001e4 and then in HxD, click right before the 4 at the beginning of 40 82 01 e4, then press ctrl + b (paste overwrite). Some of it should turn red.

Just for your reference offsets are displayed as a table, so an offset of a single byte (those groups of two digits) is the offset on the left of its row plus the offset at the top of its column.

Thanks, I just learned on google 0x is meant to show that it's a hex value "the 0x is just a common prefix convention for base 16". Yay for learning. I'll see what I can do and thank you later, or maybe pester you again.

11Skies

Smash Cadet

Dude you're awesome, thanks I think I solved the problem. I'm 90% sure this is exactly what I did the first time I edited the dol file, but I used control F to find 40 82 01 e4 and I think I over write it properly, we'll see.

archurr0

Smash Rookie
scrub question:

i cant find the general codes or stage codes menu. i use the most recent 20xx, in the debug menu i dont see those as options. thanks

ShibyX

Smash Rookie
I'm having trouble getting the spam move function to work. I press L+ R then up on the d pad and nothing happens.

CeLL

Smash Lord
scrub question:

i cant find the general codes or stage codes menu. i use the most recent 20xx, in the debug menu i dont see those as options. thanks
You probably didn't put the DOL in the right folder. If you see this Xwhe5GQ.png Then that is what happened. You need to remake the iso and make sure you put start.dol in the &&systemdata folder.

I'm having trouble getting the spam move function to work. I press L+ R then up on the d pad and nothing happens.
Hold L+R and then press up on the dpad. They will flash a color (the color is different every time). Now hold what you want them to spam until they start spamming it.

LJ1000F

Smash Rookie
hoping to get some help on running 20xx on dolphin. using dolphin 4.0.652 and the 20xx back in OP. in game codes work, however when i go to debug menu and try to change L cancel to flash white on L cancel, then press B up until the start screen, once I reach the start screen and press start, dolphin freezes and crashes. it also happens once i reach the start screen even if I dont press start after a while. any thoughts?

EDIT: just read back a few pages on this issue, thanks for your quick reply

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
hoping to get some help on running 20xx on dolphin. using dolphin 4.0.652 and the 20xx back in OP. in game codes work, however when i go to debug menu and try to change L cancel to flash white on L cancel, then press B up until the start screen, once I reach the start screen and press start, dolphin freezes and crashes. it also happens once i reach the start screen even if I dont press start after a while. any thoughts?
Disable Netplay codes.

I really do need to make a FAQs section...

zankyou

Smash Lord
Disable Netplay codes.

I used to play online a lot and it was a common problem that people forget to disable codes that you dont want which caused a lot of desyncs. You might have to.

CeLL

Smash Lord
Disable Netplay codes.

Or you could include an ISO.hdr in the download that automatically makes the game ID GALEXX and appends 20XX to the game title. It would also solve the problem with loading it and normal Melee on a Wii and being able to tell them apart.

mattergamer47

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0173-1300-9761
combine all these together
(L+D-Pad Up) P2 Grab OoS
Toggle Spoiler
Spoiler: (L+D-Pad Left) P2 Hold Shield
Toggle Spoiler
Spoiler: (L+D-Pad Right) P2 Nair OoS
Toggle Spoiler
(L+D-Pad Down) P2 Random C-Stick Buffer OoS / Roll Backwards OoS
(L+D-Pad Left) P2 Hold Shield

great to practice shine pressure and reaction out of certain situations

BlackMagic754

Smash Rookie
Yeah, it's intentional. Although I know what you mean by it being weird. If you want to make them a human again, you could do the L+R+D-Pad Up and make them spam nothing.

GrPs.dat
Can you please include the beast skins and high quality textures in the new build of 20xx....I am having problems getting them to work on the current build.

ssknight7

Smash Apprentice
Is there a way to disable shield knockback so that when practicing with CPU grab out of shield he stays in place when I hit his shield?

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515

I want to disable P2 teching for the 20XX pack. I have a Gecko code that I believe should disable it, but I believe the DOL must write more quickly or overwrite the Gecko handler because it doesn't seem to work.

This is the code btw: 100006E0 000000FF //Make P2 NOT tech

I want this because I want all the features of 20XX and in particular the get-up options mix-ups. I want to hone my get-up chasing techniques, but they only fail to tech it seems like 1/8 of the time, so I can't practice covering the get-up options specifically. This is my main tech chasing problem is at low percent if they don't tech I can't cover that option unless I over-commit to it. I think I've come up with a flow chart that will cover all the get-ups on reaction, but I need to crank it out and get those reactions down. CPUs are too predictable with their options and do not roll very often.

Ideally this would be a toggle or you could apply it to P3 so that computer doesn't tech but mixes up his get-up options, but if you could just point out how to change the current DOL so that they don't tech that would be super helpful for now (I'll just have multiple versions on my SD card.)

I hope this isn't too much to ask.

archurr0

Smash Rookie
computers never jab? to avoid nuisance

computers never grab shield, to practice oos options?

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
This may of been covered but I have a quick question...

Am I able to run a 20XX version of Melee whilst my firmware is on 4.2? I just recently hacked my Wii using up to date methods for 4.2 and do not wish to go through the process again to get to 4.3 if I can help it.

If 4.3 really is the only option I assume I can update through the Wii menu settings normally without problems and continue on with Beanwolf's guide.

Just so you guys know, I'm setting this all up on a PAL wii which probably makes no difference but I figured I'd mention it just in case.

Last edited:

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio

Does the OP still have the most recent version? this thread is kind of huge to have to look through every page!

This is awesome work though man, its a real blast playing. It's re awakened my love for Melee.

Achilles1515

Smash Master

Does the OP still have the most recent version? this thread is kind of huge to have to look through every page!

This is awesome work though man, its a real blast playing. It's re awakened my love for Melee.
Yes. 3.02 was the last official release.

This may of been covered but I have a quick question...

Am I able to run a 20XX version of Melee whilst my firmware is on 4.2? I just recently hacked my Wii using up to date methods for 4.2 and do not wish to go through the process again to get to 4.3 if I can help it.

If 4.3 really is the only option I assume I can update through the Wii menu settings normally without problems and continue on with Beanwolf's guide.

Just so you guys know, I'm setting this all up on a PAL wii which probably makes no difference but I figured I'd mention it just in case.
Yes, I don't think it matters if you're on 4.2 or 4.3.

I want to disable P2 teching for the 20XX pack. I have a Gecko code that I believe should disable it, but I believe the DOL must write more quickly or overwrite the Gecko handler because it doesn't seem to work.

I want this because I want all the features of 20XX and in particular the get-up options mix-ups. I want to hone my get-up chasing techniques, but they only fail to tech it seems like 1/8 of the time, so I can't practice covering the get-up options specifically. This is my main tech chasing problem is at low percent if they don't tech I can't cover that option unless I over-commit to it. I think I've come up with a flow chart that will cover all the get-ups on reaction, but I need to crank it out and get those reactions down. CPUs are too predictable with their options and do not roll very often.

Ideally this would be a toggle or you could apply it to P3 so that computer doesn't tech but mixes up his get-up options, but if you could just point out how to change the current DOL so that they don't tech that would be super helpful for now (I'll just have multiple versions on my SD card.)

I'll try and get to this after work!

zz_halim

Smash Apprentice
When I have zelda set as auto sheik on cpu 2 it will randomly warp around the stage as if I was loading a state.
instead of regular down-b shiek "teleports" to prevent transforming to zelda. i think it loads the action state called "wait" which is kind of bound to have the character on the ground

Last edited:

KneeIsLoveKneeIsLife

Smash Rookie
Hey!
Tried reading through some guides and stuff but haven't really found out what I do wrong. I extracted my melee iso, put the costumes in it as well as the 20xx hack pack. Well, I've had the 20XX pack for a while now and it worked like a charm. It still does, but the costumes from this thread simply don't show up at all. Why could that be? I did nothing other than put the files I downloaded here into the root folder, overwrote the old ones and put the game together again. From my understanding, this is how it should be done. Nothing comes up in game though, just the custom 20XX stuff that always was there.
Can someone help me?

I really just want some more custom costumes ;_;

Achilles1515

Smash Master
but the costumes from this thread simply don't show up at all
I'm assuming you are talking about ones from the Melee Texture Thread and not the alt costumes used in 20XX.

Here are the file names for each character's default costumes.

If you are modifying the default costumes for characters, start by building your 20XX 3.02 ISO like normal.
Then just download a new texture, and follow the "How to replace a single file within the ISO" guide on the first post of this thread towards the top. Import your new file over the default costume file. Then test.

Last edited:

zz_halim

Smash Apprentice
Hey!
Tried reading through some guides and stuff but haven't really found out what I do wrong. I extracted my melee iso, put the costumes in it as well as the 20xx hack pack. Well, I've had the 20XX pack for a while now and it worked like a charm. It still does, but the costumes from this thread simply don't show up at all. Why could that be? I did nothing other than put the files I downloaded here into the root folder, overwrote the old ones and put the game together again. From my understanding, this is how it should be done. Nothing comes up in game though, just the custom 20XX stuff that always was there.
Can someone help me?

I really just want some more custom costumes ;_;
I'd recommend loading the game in GcReex format (extracted, no need to switch options), then you can just replace the actual files on the media you load from.
Only downside: You have to add a 00 for any filler byte the .dat lacks at the end compared to the same .dat in extracted format .

this worked for me everytime with every texture

KneeIsLoveKneeIsLife

Smash Rookie
I'm assuming you are talking about ones from the Melee Texture Thread and not the alt costumes used in 20XX.

Here are the file names for each character's default costumes.

If you are modifying the default costumes for characters, start by building your 20XX 3.02 ISO like normal.
Then just download a new texture, and follow the "How to replace a single file within the ISO" guide on the first post of this thread towards the top. Import your new file over the default costume file. Then test.
Thank you a million times!

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hi Achilles!

I had a special demand for a further 20xx version. I know the whole thing is about practicing VS (especially vs spacies) but I also love HomeRun Contest. In result of modifying CPUs behavior, the sandbag now freezes the game when I try to HRC.

I had 3 demands regarding this:

1. Can you remove the changes mades to the sandbag, so it doesn't have any behavior? (which would prevent game freeze)
2. Can you make the stadium 10x more far? HRCers have this sad limit of 3458.5m or 11347.2ft of solid ground, and around 5000m the game just completely freezes. We wanted a wider stadium since day 1!
3. (not quite related but would be a great idea to add) is a button layout, just like in brawl. I'm not much a fan of the whole thing, and it's actually quite bad for people who want to polish their tournament play, yet, this add-on would be great for more casual players.

Achilles1515

Smash Master

For some reason, my personal documentation is confusing myself.

In the DOL @ offset 0x820, try changing 4180000c to 60000000

Torsade de pointe

Smash Cadet
I know this has been answered before, but this thread has grown quite long, so I'll just ask again : How can I change the iso ID from GALE01 to something else ?

Cummings

Smash Apprentice
Ledyard, CT (Right next to Foxwoods/Mohegan Sun)
Hey everyone, apologies in advanced if this is something that has been answered before.

I was wondering, is there a way to customize which stages are default toggled "on" for random stages when selecting the hacked stages after booting up the hack pack? I ask because I really only like Pokemon no transformations and New Green Greens, and I would really like to be able to customize which stages are defaulted to on so I don't have to sift through and disable them everytime I startup the game. If I can change it in GALE01 or something file-related that would be fine.

A very simple QOL upgrade really

Last edited:
Top Bottom