• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Thanks! I'll get that up and running. Have PM working great over a USB loader, but the whole choosing which codes every boot is too good to pass up.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
Just kidding, I probably should have read the stickies on this forum before posting...lol

Last edited:

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Update: it would seem as though I had it set to DML 2.0+ and not 2.1+, lol. Whoops. The Dpad is so darn sensitive sometimes. Back to practice!

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
So it turns out I actually do need help now.

I've managed to get some codes to work (i.e: infinite shields, d-pad up brings up stage select screen, unlock everything), but I can't seem to get the character select screen codes to work at all. I'm a little frustrated since I was hoping to use this hack pack as a way to practice shield pressuring but I can't get my CPUs to do anything besides behave like they usually do. Anyone mind helping me out?

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
The character select screen codes are iffy sometimes. I set P2 CPU to level 9 and then input what I want (for example hold shield), then start the match. Sometimes it starts the match with a computer having a gray icon but standing still, and then I have to KO them once before it turns red and they begin the action. I hope this helps but I feel like you may be doing it already. =(

I personally am having trouble getting the spam action codes to work consistently. I learn new things every time I try it lol.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
I just tried doing that but it's not helping. I just tried making a bunch of new gct files with varying amounts of codes and now it seems like even the infinite shield code stopped working >_>

I'm getting super frustrated by how close I am to being able to practice with these codes. I just wish I knew what I was doing wrong....

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
It seems like a lot of people are having success using CFG USB Loader and creating a .GCT file from the .txt file each time. Maybe give that a try? The only other thing I can think of is making sure the ISO you have matches the version of the codes (1.0 or 1.2) Hopefully Achilles can give a clearer answer. <3

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
Agh. Maybe it's because I'm using Gecko OS. Going through old posts, it seems like Gecko OS just doesn't seem to work well with the character select codes.

I'll look into using CFG if that's my only option. Thanks for the help Redd :)

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Are you loading them through Gecko? Yeah that's probably your issue man. I'm still using Dios Mios Lite for SD as it loads a little faster, and was relatively easy to set up. I think CFG is more flexible. No problem and good luck, it's so refreshing and fun to practice now.

Sanu

Smash Champion
The spam CPU codes are very preliminary and they've change a lot with these new codes that I've been writing. When I release the new codes, they will be for 1.02 and conversions may take some time to get to 1.00 (especially because PAL will be more important than 1.00). I would look into getting an SD card and booting a 1.02 ISO off that, especially because the new codes will have a significant amount of DOL mods, in which you will need an ISO to add such.
Can you help me get it working off of SD card then? I only switched to burned backup because DML 2.10/DMB fails to apply any codes when I enable them in DMB

DML will boot the 1.02 ISO when no codes are enabled, but as soon as I enable the codes, the game instantly boots into the standard gamecube disc read read error screen. It really sucks :/

Sanu

Smash Champion
And just to note, the ISO I used to boot from SD is the same ISO I burned to a disc. The codes work when I run from disc, but not from SD.

AND I've tried cfgloader. Same deal.

Last edited:

Sanu

Smash Champion
BTW thank you for all your hard work! :D

Once I get my new computer, I hope to join you in your hacking endeavours

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
I just use WiiFlow and it lets me choose which codes I want active before I start the game.

DiosMios 2.10 wad, MultiModManager, and WiiFlow with the GALE01.txt file are the only things on my SD card. Works fine.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Is there a way we can inject the Action Replay codes into Melee's iso?
I dabbled in doing the same sort of thing with Smash 64, and I got some AR codes injected and they work, but making sure the checksum was in order every time I made an edit was annoying as hell.
I would imagine Melee has the same sort of checksum thing... Achilles, do you know if it does or not? Could we do something like this for this hack pack?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Can you help me get it working off of SD card then? I only switched to burned backup because DML 2.10/DMB fails to apply any codes when I enable them in DMB

DML will boot the 1.02 ISO when no codes are enabled, but as soon as I enable the codes, the game instantly boots into the standard gamecube disc read read error screen. It really sucks :/
That's odd that it works without cheats on and not the alternative. I've never run into this problem. I would try reinstalling Dios Mios Lite and also IOS 236. Follow the link in my unofficial guide for IOS 236. If it means anything, my CFG Loader is using IOS 248 to load (the splash screen after you launch the app with the CFG icon has IOS 248 in the corner).

And you should definitely get into Melee hacking. It's amazingly fun. Once you get on a roll with something, it's impossible to stop. and then you just start extrapolating ideas even further...

Is there a way we can inject the Action Replay codes into Melee's iso?
I dabbled in doing the same sort of thing with Smash 64, and I got some AR codes injected and they work, but making sure the checksum was in order every time I made an edit was annoying as hell.
I would imagine Melee has the same sort of checksum thing... Achilles, do you know if it does or not? Could we do something like this for this hack pack?
Yes there is. DOL modifications and injecting custom code into free space within the DOL. This is in progress.

Inserio

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1418-8131-4530
I was trying to get this to work all of yesterday evening. I'm quite used to fiddling with sdcard stuff to get things to work right, but it just did not work. No matter where I put the codes files (sdcard vs usb), and no matter which loader I used (cfg, wiiflow, GX, DMB), when I would load the game with ocarina on, it would just load regular melee. I even tried turning on the cheats straight from the loaders; same result. I also tried putting melee on the sdcard, running DML, and loading it from there, but it took about an entire minute to load every screen and still didn't load the cheats. Does anyone have any reasons this might be happening?

Reuental

Smash Rookie
I signed up here just to say that this mod is incredible. I started about a month ago and I am sure my tech skills would be infinity worse if it wasn't for this mod. Here are a few suggestions and comments.

1. The edgeguarding cpu mode is awesome, not because it actually effectively edge guards you, but for practicing combos. The CPU has very good DI, but it won't always use DI which makes it great for practicing combos where you have to react to your opponents DI(this doesn't really sound right to me, but I can't think of a better way to explain what I mean). The CPU will also, when a combo is broken, perform a aerial attack about 75% of the time. Fox has short hopped Neutral aired me when I was approaching a few times completely out of the blue, which is something I have never seen a CPU do.

2. The flash on L-cancel is great, but it would be a billion times better if it flashed on a failed L cancel instead.

3. For some reason I really like Final Destination with the different colors.

Sanu

Smash Champion
That's odd that it works without cheats on and not the alternative. I've never run into this problem. I would try reinstalling Dios Mios Lite and also IOS 236. Follow the link in my unofficial guide for IOS 236. If it means anything, my CFG Loader is using IOS 248 to load (the splash screen after you launch the app with the CFG icon has IOS 248 in the corner).

And you should definitely get into Melee hacking. It's amazingly fun. Once you get on a roll with something, it's impossible to stop. and then you just start extrapolating ideas even further...
I didn't realize DML 2.1 auto sets 'no disc' to true, so I was trying to load the ISO with an actual game in my wii disc drive. That game happened to be a retail copy of melee. I'm guessing that even though I was selecting to boot the ISO, DML would not boot it as my SD card sucks. Instead it will boot the retail disc in the drive, which is where the confusion stemmed from. So I'm gonna buy a SDHC card; I'm fairly certain that'll fix everything.

Thanks for the advice though!

Sanu

Smash Champion
YOP. Got it working after I bought a new SD card.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
If you could make the fox up throw up air SDI practice one also include the Fox Drilling you --> lcancel grab that would make it amazing practice. If you miss the smashDI on the D-air you get grabbed. Then you practice DIing the grab and smash di'ing the upair.

That would be a dream come true

Inserio

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1418-8131-4530
In response to my previous post of it not working, I also bought a new SD card (@ Sanu Sanu ) (went with the Transcend 32gb microsd), and it's working fabulously. My only wish would be that I wouldn't have to switch back and forth between Dios Mios Lite and regular for playing on SD and playing on USB.

carnivore

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure if you're still working on this or taking requests, but would it be possible to have the Training mode CPU AI for "Stand" in Multiplayer?
Basically I want to beat up a CPU with handicap+damage ratio adjustment that doesn't try to hit me but still tries to recover.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
If you could make the fox up throw up air SDI practice one also include the Fox Drilling you --> lcancel grab that would make it amazing practice. If you miss the smashDI on the D-air you get grabbed. Then you practice DIing the grab and smash di'ing the upair.

That would be a dream come true
So I pretty much had this exact same idea earlier. Not necessarily for smash DI'ing the dair, but stringing action combinations together. I have my P2 doing shine pressure code doing shine-grabs every so often as a mixup (this code is really polished now, btw. its beautiful). The code does nairs and dairs and while I was messing with this, I got the huge brainwave to link action combinations together. So if P2 is doing shine pressure and enters the "have successfully grabbed opponent" action state, change the P2 action toggle to doing U-throw u-air. And then switch back to shine pressure....

And now I realize I could make custom AI...other than the fact that I am limited in code lines.

I'm not sure if you're still working on this or taking requests, but would it be possible to have the Training mode CPU AI for "Stand" in Multiplayer?
Basically I want to beat up a CPU with handicap+damage ratio adjustment that doesn't try to hit me but still tries to recover.
Yeah this would be quite simple. I now know how to change the CPU AI type on the fly, at any point in a match. I could write you a quick Gecko code to do this if you would like. Just tell me what button combination you would like it set to.

carnivore

Smash Cadet
Yeah this would be quite simple. I now know how to change the CPU AI type on the fly, at any point in a match. I could write you a quick Gecko code to do this if you would like. Just tell me what button combination you would like it set to.
X+Dpad Left, Please and Thank you :D
When you say on the fly, do you mean the this toggle could be used mid match or does it have to be used at the character select screen?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
X+Dpad Left, Please and Thank you :D
When you say on the fly, do you mean the this toggle could be used mid match or does it have to be used at the character select screen?
X+D-Pad Left Toggles P2 CPU AI Type to "Stand"
- toggles between "Normal" and "Stand" AI type
- works midgame

2846B108 00000401
48000000 80453FC0
DE000000 80008180
12001AF6 00000004
E2000001 80008000
CC000000 00000000
E2100000 00000000
48000000 80453FC0
DE000000 80008180
12001AF6 00000000
E2000002 80008000

Mr.Lemon

Smash Journeyman
Btw guys,

-kind of a general update-

I have a slew of new codes and stuff that I will be adding to this "hack pack", as soon as I can. And really, pretty much all of the codes currently on the original post will become obselete and will be updated, as I have found better ways to do every one of those actions. My main goals right now are to rewrite the ingame toggle codes into ASM code so that they can all be made into DOL modifications. This will significantly free up the amount of codes lines available for other use. I have a few of them done already.

/endimaginaryblogpost
Just wondering you are still planning on updating all of your codes or converting them to ASM codes in the OP anytime soon. No rush just wondering. Thanks

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Just wondering you are still planning on updating all of your codes or converting them to ASM codes in the OP anytime soon. No rush just wondering. Thanks
Yes. They're about 90% converted to ASM but I'll update them all at once when I get finished with everything. I'm kind of combining everything into one big code to use the least amount of code lines as possible.

Top Bottom