• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
It would be cool to see the stages slightly customised like that cloud 9 texture at major melee tournaments. It'd just be cool to see the tournament logo on the stage somewhere.

Also, I'm looking forward to your update a achilles. Any help I can get I will gladly take, and the 20XX mod has helped a lot already. A few spoilers would be nice though, as you don't have to give us a change list or anything like that.

Last edited:

Will-O-Wisp

Smash Apprentice
Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse here, but if I run Melee from a disc, but won't load anything after the main menu is that an issue with my wii or my disc?

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Do you have a Cube you can test with?
Does Nintendont require I do any of the IOS replacements (that you have to do for USB loading/Dios Mios) or just having Homebrew is fine?

2gig SD card fits 20XX/Melee right?

Last edited:

Doq

Smash Lord
Does Nintendont require I do any of the IOS replacements (that you have to do for USB loading/Dios Mios) or just having Homebrew is fine?

2gig SD card fits 20XX/Melee right?
No you'll be fine without cIOSes and stuff like that. Just HBC/another method of loading.

Yeah I think it should fit. 1.4GiB is the size of the image.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
No you'll be fine without cIOSes and stuff like that. Just HBC/another method of loading.

Yeah I think it should fit. 1.4GiB is the size of the image.
What should I format my SD card as for best speed, FAT32 or FAT with 32kbits unit sizes? When I select FAT32 it only goes up to 16kb sizes. I also have a flash drive but heard SD is faster

Do I just put the 20xxMelee.iso I made into my Flash drives/SD cards "games" folder? or do I need to do what this guy is doing for DIOS MIOS with turning it into an EXx2 thing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbglwFv5PmA#t=945

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I get carried away messing around with random memory addresses at times. It's so fun, though!

804d7ff4 - change from 80000000 to 0 and players (human only?) will freeze location after leaving revival platform - can still perform attacks and stuff just go nowhere.
804d8290 - (float) max damage amount (default = 999 = 4479c000)
- Player's damage will never exceed this value. On-screen percent does not go past 999. But you CAN modify this so player's can have thousands of damage.
- I actually might use this one.
804d82b4 - change from 80000000 to 0 for all players intangible except to projectiles (and fox/falco side b?)
804d82fc - change from 80000000 to 0 for one hit kills and projectiles don't disappear after hitting players and continue along in their normal travel path. Hitboxes persist as well.
804d8344 - change from 80000000 to 0
- players are in hitlag for extra long and vibrate left/right rapidly after being hit. Vibration persists until dying. Incredibly annoying.

Last edited:

Will-O-Wisp

Smash Apprentice
Do you have a Cube you can test with?
Unfortunately I do not. Does the 20XX hack pack lag at all? It doesn't feel like it, but sometimes when games start to get fast, I feel like my inputs are being skipped or something, but it might just be me being bad.

Doq

Smash Lord
What should I format my SD card as for best speed, FAT32 or FAT with 32kbits unit sizes? When I select FAT32 it only goes up to 16kb sizes. I also have a flash drive but heard SD is faster

Do I just put the 20xxMelee.iso I made into my Flash drives/SD cards "games" folder? or do I need to do what this guy is doing for DIOS MIOS with turning it into an EXx2 thing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbglwFv5PmA#t=945
Yah do it exactly as you would DM, but without the cIOS junk.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Yah do it exactly as you would DM, but without the cIOS junk.
When I get into command prompt and type what he says in the video it says "Failed to open :"game.iso": no file or directory", even though my 20xx.iso was put into the GCRex folder and renamed it to game.iso
nvm solution in comments

You put the USB in the slot farthest to the side/ground/power cord of the Wii right?

Whenever I have my USB in the slot, pressing the home button on the Wiimote doesn't bring the homebrew options menu up (with the "about" and such) and does nothing. It doesn't detect the apps folder on the USB drive either. I'm guessing this might be from when I did a partial install of a IOS236 that was built for vWii (Wii U)

Also Nintendont says my IOS58 isn't supporrted and closes. So I guess I do have to do the same thing DIOS MIOS did

I did the IOS236v5 install mentioned here http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/26pw3q/tutorial_usb_loading_20xx_melee_hack_pack_on_wii/ and Nintedont stills says the same thing

Now I installed Diosmios lite but the forwarder just goes back to the homescreen, so I have to use homebrew

Last edited:

Doq

Smash Lord
When I get into command prompt and type what he says in the video it says "Failed to open :"game.iso": no file or directory", even though my 20xx.iso was put into the GCRex folder and renamed it to game.iso
nvm solution in comments

You put the USB in the slot farthest to the side/ground/power cord of the Wii right?

Whenever I have my USB in the slot, pressing the home button on the Wiimote doesn't bring the homebrew options menu up (with the "about" and such) and does nothing. It doesn't detect the apps folder on the USB drive either. I'm guessing this might be from when I did a partial install of a IOS236 that was built for vWii (Wii U)

Also Nintendont says my IOS58 isn't supporrted and closes. So I guess I do have to do the same thing DIOS MIOS did

I did the IOS236v5 install mentioned here http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/26pw3q/tutorial_usb_loading_20xx_melee_hack_pack_on_wii/ and Nintedont stills says the same thing

Now I installed Diosmios lite but the forwarder just goes back to the homescreen, so I have to use homebrew
Try reading up on my guide for installing and using Nintendont. It may be the solution to your problems.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Try reading up on my guide for installing and using Nintendont. It may be the solution to your problems.
Oh so I have to update my IOS 58 to v6176 then probly. I'll try this after dios mios, since I'll pry repair my IOS 236 so I can play GC games via disc again and then try updating my IOS and using nintendont

Alright cool i got dios mios to work yay, I'm getting shield grabbed almost every time with my pressure lol

Okay I want to practice the Computer shieldgrabbing me WHILE i'm in debug menu where I can go frame by frame. Is that not possible? When I'm in Debug-ROM I'm not able to activate the added functions of having hold shield and such.

Also https://www.youtube.com/watch?edit=vd&v=deeD3pXrRWA

Last edited:

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
How would I go about disabling the port 2 controller spoofing? It seems to be causing problems when using training mode (and in other single player modes, but training mode is the most significant). There are a lot of things I've been meaning to test but haven't been able to because of this.

Last edited:

Landry

Smash Ace
Is there a limitation on the number of alternate costumes that can be worked into the code Achilles? For example, would it be possible to give each character their regular colors and on top of that a full set of alt costumes?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
How would I go about disabling the port 2 controller spoofing? It seems to be causing problems when using training mode (and in other single player modes, but training mode is the most significant). There are a lot of things I've been meaning to test but haven't been able to because of this.
To disable it, you would open up your DOL file in a hex editor and change:

at offset 0x3737bc ---- 38000000 -> 90030014

I don't know if that will have the effect you are looking for, though. So what exactly is the problem? Do you mean you don't want P2 to DI and tech and things?

Is there a limitation on the number of alternate costumes that can be worked into the code Achilles? For example, would it be possible to give each character their regular colors and on top of that a full set of alt costumes?
It's definitely possible, assuming there are enough files available to switch out with alternate costumes. It would just be a lot of code. Specifically in sheer volume, not complexity. And I'd rather add features, than fluff, for the time being. But I enjoy them greatly, so more are being added. There are more in the upcoming release.

Stride

Smash Ace

I don't know if that will have the effect you are looking for, though. So what exactly is the problem? Do you mean you don't want P2 to DI and tech and things?
Spoofing a controller in the player 2 port at all times causes problems when you play the one player modes and there are CPUs using the player 2 port (as I recall you mentioned this earlier in the thread). In the case of training mode it's as if someone is constantly holding a direction (the direction varies each time training mode is entered) and hitting the X button quickly, causing menus to be nearly unusable and stages to be struck constantly. It also makes controlling the training dummy with the port 2 controller not work since it just does its own inputs and those of the actual player 2 controller are ignored, which is what's important to me since I want to test things in training mode while controlling the dummy. Occasionally, going back to the start menu fixes this temporarily but most of the time it doesn't work.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Is it possible to enable things like the Grab OOS actions while frame advancing?
Yeah it's probably possible. Idk why it's not working at the moment, I'd have to do some investigating.

Spoofing a controller in the player 2 port at all times causes problems when you play the one player modes and there are CPUs using the player 2 port (as I recall you mentioned this earlier in the thread). In the case of training mode it's as if someone is constantly holding a direction (the direction varies each time training mode is entered) and hitting the X button quickly, causing menus to be nearly unusable and stages to be struck constantly. It also makes controlling the training dummy with the port 2 controller not work since it just does its own inputs and those of the actual player 2 controller are ignored, which is what's important to me since I want to test things in training mode while controlling the dummy. Occasionally, going back to the main menu fixes this temporarily but most of the time it doesn't work.
If you hit B to go all the way back to the start screen and then hit start, the scrolling problem will be fixed. That might be why P2 controller is not working, but I just tried using a P2 "human" training mode CPU and it worked with a controller.

Last edited:

Wolf_Shadowheart

Smash Rookie
Yeah it's probably possible. Idk why it's not working at the moment, I'd have to do some investigating.

If you hit B to go all the way back to the start screen and then hit start, the scrolling problem will be fixed. That might be why P2 controller is not working, but I just tried using a P2 "human" training mode CPU and it worked with a controller.

I'm also curious as to how to remove Ghost P2, sometimes if I am going in single player mode or just messing around with my friends in Debug Mode Develop, L+R Down will freeze the game. Also just a slightly more vanilla copy of Melee for tournaments.

Stride

Smash Ace

Sorry, when I said "going back to the main menu" I meant "going back to the start menu"; it doesn't work consistently. I was using training mode with DBLEVEL set to "Develop" so that could be the reason for the problem.

Kou

Smash Apprentice

It's definitely possible, assuming there are enough files available to switch out with alternate costumes. It would just be a lot of code. Specifically in sheer volume, not complexity. And I'd rather add features, than fluff, for the time being. But I enjoy them greatly, so more are being added. There are more in the upcoming release.
Though I'm okay not all costumes of all characters, Could you tell me how to add alternate costumes to a specific costume?
For example, Falco's default costumes.

Last edited:

Flossy

Smash Cadet
I get carried away messing around with random memory addresses at times. It's so fun, though!

804d7ff4 - change from 80000000 to 0 and players (human only?) will freeze location after leaving revival platform - can still perform attacks and stuff just go nowhere.
804d8290 - (float) max damage amount (default = 999 = 4479c000)
- Player's damage will never exceed this value. On-screen percent does not go past 999. But you CAN modify this so player's can have thousands of damage.
- I actually might use this one.
804d82b4 - change from 80000000 to 0 for all players intangible except to projectiles (and fox/falco side b?)
804d82fc - change from 80000000 to 0 for one hit kills and projectiles don't disappear after hitting players and continue along in their normal travel path. Hitboxes persist as well.
804d8344 - change from 80000000 to 0
- players are in hitlag for extra long and vibrate left/right rapidly after being hit. Vibration persists until dying. Incredibly annoying.
Just out of curiosity, how do you go about finding these addresses? I know that you use the cheat search in dolphin, but I mean how did you come across those specific addresses, as some of those seem really obscure :p.

Last edited:

Sorry:(

Smash Apprentice
Is there anything to be done about how much CPUs air-dodge? They do it at the dumbest times where like I can still keep hurting them afterwards, it just ruins my super sexy combo.

With falcon I'll be comboing Marth and I do like shffl nair shffl up-air, ful-hop up-air, and then he air-doges right before the knee and it's BLUE BALLS for me :(. Then I just have to knee him again but it's not a combo, it's just a lonely knee.

hectohertz

Smash Ace
Just out of curiosity, how do you go about finding these addresses? I know that you use the cheat search in dolphin, but I mean how did you come across those specific addresses, as some of those seem really obscure :p.
my guess, setting breakpoints in various important sections in code, seeing memory addresses that are referenced, then changing them. just a guess

iffy525

Smash Apprentice
Is there anything to be done about how much CPUs air-dodge? They do it at the dumbest times where like I can still keep hurting them afterwards, it just ruins my super sexy combo.

With falcon I'll be comboing Marth and I do like shffl nair shffl up-air, ful-hop up-air, and then he air-doges right before the knee and it's BLUE BALLS for me :(. Then I just have to knee him again but it's not a combo, it's just a lonely knee.
Sounds like a smart air-dodge to me

Flossy

Smash Cadet
my guess, setting breakpoints in various important sections in code, seeing memory addresses that are referenced, then changing them. just a guess
I'd also like to know if anyone has tried making a symbol map for Dolphin with the much of the code labeled, as that would be very nice.

Sorry:(

Smash Apprentice
Sounds like a smart air-dodge to me
He air-doges, while high above the ground. I knee him before he recovers from the evasive maneuver. Some would still call it a combo, but the dodge just delays the inevitable. I see no strategic advantage to the dodge.

And yet I pulled the best falcon combo of my life, on a 20XX CPU, after making that previous post. Maybe I just needed to blow off some steam.

jacob91

Smash Cadet
Finally got this to work, had to use nintendont because I kept getting a blank black screen with mios dios. So far I love it, but it freezes when I go to set the rules in debug mode. I was looking for the failed L cancel flash code in the rules section and it freezes on me each time :/ Where can I find the codes like that in the debug menu? Such as the computer DI and teching codes.. I can't seem to find them, would they happen to be under the rules section which keeps freezing on me?

Doq

Smash Lord
Finally got this to work, had to use nintendont because I kept getting a blank black screen with mios dios. So far I love it, but it freezes when I go to set the rules in debug mode. I was looking for the failed L cancel flash code in the rules section and it freezes on me each time :/ Where can I find the codes like that in the debug menu? Such as the computer DI and teching codes.. I can't seem to find them, would they happen to be under the rules section which keeps freezing on me?
Debug Menu > Results Test

I don't actually know the freezing cause, as my Nintendont doesn't break when accessing the rules screen.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Don't actually play matches from the debug menu. Just open up the menu and go to "RESULT TEST" and you'll see the code toggles. The P2 CPU will automatically random DI/tech. You don't need to do anything to make that happen.

But don't get used to that debug menu, because I've got a completely new one coming soon.
I'd also like to know if anyone has tried making a symbol map for Dolphin with the much of the code labeled, as that would be very nice.
Oh this would be very nice. But no such thing exists, unlike for Brawl. This google spreadsheet is the best resource at the moment, but it's mainly just RAM memory addresses and not functions.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Those were found by just randomly poking values. I looked at two codes from Arcentral relating to characters facing the screen and some animation thing, and both were right next to each other. So I thought "okay, so probably more stuff in this section relates to ingame...idk...things."

So then I just poked values as I was playing it in Dolphin.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Sorry, when I said "going back to the main menu" I meant "going back to the start menu"; it doesn't work consistently. I was using training mode with DBLEVEL set to "Develop" so that could be the reason for the problem.
I might know why. I added in one little bit of code to the new stuff, so hopefully that will help.

Though I'm okay not all costumes of all characters, Could you tell me how to add alternate costumes to a specific costume?
For example, Falco's default costumes.
You're going to need to know ASM for this, as code for all of Falco's costumes are not written. And it's not very straightforward. I've been thinking all day about how to revamp these codes though, which I'm very excited to do testing on (hopefully tonight!).

And sorry that I've been unresponsive. I did A LOT of coding this weekend and added in a bunch of new stuff. I'm starting to get real excited because this update will be great.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Achilles, as always prefacing with the fact that you are the man.
Any idea on how long it may be before this amazing new update?
And is the invincible waveland from the edge practice a part of it? (one of the last tech hurdles for me)
You're not the only one excited lol

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I noticed that the Salty Runback feature doesn't work in version 2.07. Just a heads up.
k. It's working in my 2.08 build so idk.

Achilles, as always prefacing with the fact that you are the man.
Any idea on how long it may be before this amazing new update?
And is the invincible waveland from the edge practice a part of it? (one of the last tech hurdles for me)
You're not the only one excited lol
It's getting there. There's like 2.5 more new codes to write and then loose ends to tie and polish up. These codes are more involved, but will be really awesome. I wrote one of them by hand in a car ride home from Pennsylvania last week, so that one just needs to just get typed up and inserted in.

I'm also going to need to update the hacked stage select screen.

I can't really give you a specific date, though. It will depend a lot upon how much I can work on it this weekend.

Oh...and updating the main post. That will take a good chunk of time as well. But it's coming along!

Last edited:
Top Bottom