• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

donko

Smash Rookie
tyvm for continuing work on this. i was wondering if u were planning to include the option to disable tap jump on a per-tag basis, like with this gecko code

TyroKith

Smash Cadet
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 I'm sure you've been asked this already but seeing how I don't see it in this thread I would like to ask if you planned to release a new version of 20XX with dash back option in light of all this Hax stuff? Sounds like Dan Salvato is considering it for 20XXTE and the positive community response I've seen for fixing that issue in particular is enormous.

SadFlyersFan

Smash Rookie
NNID
SadFlyersFan
With all this talk of arduinos and such, I was wondering if there is a way to get my copy of 20xx to automatically change the values to fix shieldrops and backdashes and aerial neutral Bs at the software level by modding 20xx.

tsmfoxmaster

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
FGOD#520
I just got the 20xx 4.06 version and how do you do playbacks so I can practice edge guarding? Also make a computer do a certain move oos like Nair or shine oos?

Gehis514

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4004 9260 8249
How would i go about enabling the wind on the Return to Dreamland stage? What I'm wanting to do is to have this stage load as a texture from the texture hacks section in the debug menu, and it'd be nice if wind could be enabled so it wouldn't be different from the original. Can this stage even be capable of doing that? (Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this)

Achilles1515

Smash Master
How would i go about enabling the wind on the Return to Dreamland stage? What I'm wanting to do is to have this stage load as a texture from the texture hacks section in the debug menu, and it'd be nice if wind could be enabled so it wouldn't be different from the original. Can this stage even be capable of doing that? (Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this)
Highlighted are the Whispy wind timer values. Change these to the values seen at this same address in a default GrOp.dat (GrOp.0at for 20XX) file to enable the wind.
upload_2017-6-22_20-18-49.png

DRGN

Technowizard
HQ Juiciness!

20XXHP Logo.png

You can thank @Stache as well, who helped make the base. The full port door is done too, but I'll let Stache put that up, as it will be included with other goodies he's been working on.

Acryte

Smash Ace
HQ Juiciness!

You can thank @Stache as well, who helped make the base. The full port door is done too, but I'll let Stache put that up, as it will be included with other goodies he's been working on.
Amazing work dude!

Also, for the people asking about Hax's controller mod... I'm playing on 20XX 4.06 using the Faster Melee 5.5 build... it created new save data... Hax's mod is definitely on by default. The perfect angles and shield drops work perfectly but they don't work in recording/playback... for those you'll need to actually hit those perfect angles and shield drops for now :'( You're still able to enjoy all the other perks of 20XX 4.06 though.

Last edited:

°Shy°

Smash Rookie
Is there a fix for all star mode? Mine crashes a lot, I saw something on reddit about editing the DOL file but it wasn't very extensive to those unfamiliar with a hex editor. I tried searching this thread as well but looking for replies to certain posts in a 180 page thread is hard.

ridemyboat

Smash Apprentice
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 Is there a way to set triggers on related states? For example, marth's fair sometimes sends the cpu into DamageFlyN3 and several other action states.

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
I remember a while back people were saying that there were some bugs with 20XX 4.06... have they all been fixed?

foxishow6193

Smash Rookie
Amazing work dude!

Also, for the people asking about Hax's controller mod... I'm playing on 20XX 4.06 using the Faster Melee 5.5 build... it created new save data... Hax's mod is definitely on by default. The perfect angles and shield drops work perfectly but they don't work in recording/playback... for those you'll need to actually hit those perfect angles and shield drops for now :'( You're still able to enjoy all the other perks of 20XX 4.06 though.
Nice! And how can I play Faster Melee on the wii? :/

Acryte

Smash Ace
You can't sorry... but you can try doing the gcmm method and seeing if it loads the save file. Not sure about whether or not that works. I'm guessing it doesn't.

You could run it in dolphin, get a 20XX 4.06 save that uses it, then use GCMM to move that onto your memory card on your wii... that would probably work.

I'm sure it will be ported in due time though depending on the community response.

Last edited:

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I tried to compile a 4.06 iso using the same 1.02 iso I used to install an older version on my Wii and I've used for netplay for around a year (with no issues), the creator.bat is saying it doesn't appear to be a vanilla iso? Is there any obvious reason why this would happen?

angel_without_heart

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone
I want to join the 20XX project so i download and install the soft according to your plan
I use faster melee to run 20XX .iso

Seems to work fine so as expected i wanna try 20XX cpu
Put cpu level 9 then disaster happen
My controler was stuck in the middle of the screen with only fourside stage available

Any idea what happens?

Best regards

Zeus_Da_master

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone
I want to join the 20XX project so i download and install the soft according to your plan

My controler was stuck in the middle of the screen with only fourside stage available

Any idea what happens?

Best regards
that happens to me sometimes, i jus unplug and restart everything. if that still don't work, just go to options n turn stage select to random

angel_without_heart

Smash Apprentice
Do you unplug your controller?
Btw i play on my computer withfaster melee
Is 20XX able to run on fm?

Last question , how fo envoy 20XX sick CPU madness play?
Put lvl 9 cpu ? Or other kind of manipulatio'n?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Hey everyone

Any idea what happens?

Best regards
Disable the Netplay Community Settings gecko code.
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 Is there a way to set triggers on related states? For example, marth's fair sometimes sends the cpu into DamageFlyN3 and several other action states.
No, not at the current moment. I see what you mean though.

SpinDashGames

Smash Rookie
NNID
SpinDashG
Hello, I downloaded the root files for this pack from here and I then followed the instructions to convert all the dat files to iso. I downloaded DTW and when the program reached around 50% (trying to build the iso) it said that it ran into an error while saving the iso. I really want to try out 20XX for the first time so if anyone could help that'd be great.

DRGN

Technowizard
I tried to compile a 4.06 iso using the same 1.02 iso I used to install an older version on my Wii and I've used for netplay for around a year (with no issues), the creator.bat is saying it doesn't appear to be a vanilla iso? Is there any obvious reason why this would happen?
https://smashboards.com/threads/the...k-v4-06-4-20-17.351221/page-175#post-21728619

Hello, I downloaded the root files for this pack from here and I then followed the instructions to convert all the dat files to iso. I downloaded DTW and when the program reached around 50% (trying to build the iso) it said that it ran into an error while saving the iso. I really want to try out 20XX for the first time so if anyone could help that'd be great.
That works on my system. What did the error say? What version of DTW are you using? Try the latest version if you can.

If it still doesn't work with the latest version, is it possible your file destination (where your file is being created/saved to) is full? What OS and architecture (32/64 bit) are you using?

There are also other methods to create the ISO. If you have a 1.02 ISO, you can use the batch file to create the 20XX ISO, or use GCR to rebuild the root files into a disc.

SpinDashGames

Smash Rookie
NNID
SpinDashG
https://smashboards.com/threads/the...k-v4-06-4-20-17.351221/page-175#post-21728619

That works on my system. What did the error say? What version of DTW are you using? Try the latest version if you can.

If it still doesn't work with the latest version, is it possible your file destination (where your file is being created/saved to) is full? What OS and architecture (32/64 bit) are you using?

There are also other methods to create the ISO. If you have a 1.02 ISO, you can use the batch file to create the 20XX ISO, or use GCR to rebuild the root files into a disc.
I tried saving somewhere else, did not work sadly... The error I get says, "Problem while saving: unable to build disc." It's beyond me on what that's supposed to mean. I have the latest version, and I am using a 64bit laptop. I am sure I downloaded the 64bit version of DTW in case that helps. I don't have the ISO 1.02, but I could try it if all else fails. I would rather not tho because my wifi is slow and it literally took a whole night to download the root files.

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
I am sure this have been reported before but in case it havent, 4.06 crashes when spawning a bunch of items in training mode, saving state and then loading state.

SASUKEJULIAN

Smash Rookie
In 4.06 and 5.07 is the (L+R+D-Pad Right) P2 Hitbox Freeze Repeater gone? i cant manage to do it anymore.

Gehis514

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4004 9260 8249
For this new update, would i have to change my current MnSlChr.usd to MnSlChr.0sd to make it the default? I'm trying to preserve the custom stage texture names, hps names, css texture mods, etc.

TyroKith

Smash Cadet
Sent a donation your way, Achilles. Thank you for all that you do, brother. Really, I can't say that enough. Thank you so much.

Zeus_Da_master

Smash Journeyman
what does this mean "In-game Toggles --> Replay Menu --> 20XX CPU Type now persists across matches." does that mean the AI learns and adapts or what?

ALSO, if i do the overwrite of files from 406 to 407, what will it and not replace? i just got through copying all my mods to 406, how much of it will i have to replace again

Last edited:

Gehis514

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4004 9260 8249
what does this mean "In-game Toggles --> Replay Menu --> 20XX CPU Type now persists across matches." does that mean the AI learns and adapts or what?

ALSO, if i do the overwrite of files from 406 to 407, what will it and not replace? i just got through copying all my mods to 406, how much of it will i have to replace again
If you're looking at the file replacements, then it's not a lot, like 10-ish files. The mods i had to transfer had to do with the MnSlChr.usd since there are technically two of them now. Along with two stage textures it's not a lot

dragonboy006

Smash Rookie
I'm having a problem where when i go to select a stage, My selection cursor is stuck on Fourside. I can move it barely to surrounding stages but it rubber bands back. I'm not sure what the problem could be.

DRGN

Technowizard
Added an xdelta patch download to the OP (post the latest 7/05/2017 7/10/2017 update to 4.07++).

The batch script should be working on Windows 7, 8, and 10 now. And the Mac/Linux script should be fixed as well (thanks @Mr. Squirtle & @Terral).

Achilles1515 Achilles1515 and DRGN DRGN idk whos to blame but wtih 4.06 in DTW under stages, the names of the battlefields are wrong, they are off by one. might be on some other ones too
Thanks. I'll fix this in the next update to DTW. I also plan to make it so that users can add/edit their own descriptions for disc files, via a "GALE.ini" config file. I've been thinking I should add a feature to be able to update custom stage names that appear within 20XX's Debug Menu when people want to remove/replace/add stages to their game too.

I'm having a problem where when i go to select a stage, My selection cursor is stuck on Fourside. I can move it barely to surrounding stages but it rubber bands back. I'm not sure what the problem could be.
Disable Gecko codes in Dolphin. Some of them conflict with codes already built into 20XX.

Last edited:

Gehis514

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4004 9260 8249
I've been thinking I should add a feature to be able to update custom stage names that appear within 20XX's Debug Menu when people want to remove/replace/add stages to their game too.
um, yes please

dragonboy006

Smash Rookie
Added an xdelta patch download to the OP (post the latest 7/05/2017 update).

The batch script should be working on Windows 7, 8, and 10 now. And the Mac/Linux script should be fixed as well (thanks @Mr. Squirtle & @Terral).

Thanks. I'll fix this in the next update to DTW. I also plan to make it so that users can add/edit their own descriptions for disc files, via a "GALE.ini" config file. I've been thinking I should add a feature to be able to update custom stage names that appear within 20XX's Debug Menu when people want to remove/replace/add stages to their game too.

Disable Gecko codes in Dolphin. Some of them conflict with codes already built into 20XX.

Could you give a rundown of how to do this? I am not a techno wizard such as yourself. Thanks.

TyroKith

Smash Cadet
Yo, guys. This issue is super minor, but in the newest version, up in the top right hand corner, my game doesn't properly display "ver 4.07+". Instead the plus symbol is floating over the zero. So it's like:

+
Ver 4.07

Last edited:
Top Bottom