• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

FatalFoams

Smash Rookie
Thanks, I'll be trying to download it later in about 3 hours, I may need to ask you more questions (I know nothing about computers). Thanks for your time!

Last edited:

Decipio-Carmen

Smash Apprentice
Tried to move my audio files from 4.05 to 4.06. Currently getting errors (game freeze/buzzing sound) when I load the ISO in dolphin though. I copied the .hps files to /root/audio/ and modified MnSlChr.usd in /root/..

Looks like MnSlChr.usd is different, are all the offsets that I need to modify the same?

Also I noticed that 'do not use game.toc' option is no longer required when rebuilding the ISO with GCR. Is that no longer needed for 4.06?

Last edited:

Yaruzu

Smash Cadet
Not sure if anybody else is having this problem, but for some reason it won't let me open the ISO I made of 20XX 4.06 in DTW. I tried both versions 4.3 and 5.0 and when I try to open the ISO nothing happens.

takedeadlyaim

Smash Rookie
Hi, sorry if this is known, but frequently when playing "IZMIZM - Unconscious Words" in the playlist maker, it cuts out like half a second in.

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
Is there an easy way to replace all the character alt textures in 4.06 with the custom ones I added into 4.05? I replaced about 90% of the character alt textures and I don't wanna have to move them all by hand :(
SAAAAME!! I feel like you should be able to do something with the folder "Pl__.dat". I messed around with it but couldn't get it to work...

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
SAAAAME!! I feel like you should be able to do something with the folder "Pl__.dat". I messed around with it but couldn't get it to work...
Copy over 26 rat and 26 lat files? Shouldn't take long.

Decipio-Carmen

Smash Apprentice
Do i rename it when im saving it? is that just the name i give it when im saving it to the sd card?
In your sd card it must be "game.iso" for it to be recognized by nintendont

Is there an easy way to replace all the character alt textures in 4.06 with the custom ones I added into 4.05? I replaced about 90% of the character alt textures and I don't wanna have to move them all by hand :(

Also if I wanted to change the background colors when you pick an alt could I just copy and paste the Hex code from my 4.05 into 4.06? I changed all of those too to match the new costumes I put in my 4.05
It shouldn't be THAT bad. If you sort by file type and simply copy over anything with .lat and .rat, that should cover all the alternate costumes except Red Falcon's, which is some other wierd filename

Last edited by a moderator:

Decipio-Carmen

Smash Apprentice
Didn't see your second question

Also if I wanted to change the background colors when you pick an alt could I just copy and paste the Hex code from my 4.05 into 4.06? I changed all of those too to match the new costumes I put in my 4.05
I tried copying/pasting the hex for mine and it worked

Hi, sorry if this is known, but frequently when playing "IZMIZM - Unconscious Words" in the playlist maker, it cuts out like half a second in.
Are you using Nintendont? That sounds like this problem:
https://smashboards.com/threads/fix...-of-silence-when-used-with-nintendont.434039/

Although if that happens during Dolphin testing, then that's probably not it

Last edited by a moderator:

takedeadlyaim

Smash Rookie

Decipio-Carmen

Smash Apprentice
Tried to move my audio files from 4.05 to 4.06. Currently getting errors (game freeze/buzzing sound) when I load the ISO in dolphin though. I copied the .hps files to /root/audio/ and modified MnSlChr.usd in /root/..

Looks like MnSlChr.usd is different, are all the offsets that I need to modify the same?

Also I noticed that 'do not use game.toc' option is no longer required when rebuilding the ISO with GCR. Is that no longer needed for 4.06?
Alright I figured it out. When you add songs, you DO need to check 'do not use game.toc' when rebuilding the ISO.

Looks like the program I wrote to autoinject songs into a 4.05 MnSlChr.usd file still works with a 4.06 MnSlChr.usd file. =D

Chulip

Smash Rookie
Everything works fine except it crashes when I try to load Pokemon Stadium

DRGN

Technowizard
I've added an xdelta patch option to the OP.

I feel like the build process was already pretty simple, but there are some small advantages to this, like conveniently getting a hash check when finished, so that people know their ISO was created correctly. Plus it allows for building on Linux or Mac.

Alright I figured it out. When you add songs, you DO need to check 'do not use game.toc' when rebuilding the ISO.

Looks like the program I wrote to autoinject songs into a 4.05 MnSlChr.usd file still works with a 4.06 MnSlChr.usd file. =D
Or you can use DTW, which requires less steps. You don't even need to extract the disc's files; you would just select the option "Add File(s) to Disc". And you don't need to worry about any TOC settings.

Last edited:

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
I've added an xdelta patch option to the OP.

I feel like the build process was already pretty simple, but there are some small advantages to this, like conveniently getting a hash check when finished, so that people know their ISO was created correctly.

Or you can use DTW, which requires less steps. You don't even need to extract the disc's files; you would just select the option "Add File(s) to Disc". And you don't need to worry about any TOC settings.
Wait, DTW can add songs now to a disc?

Last edited:

Decipio-Carmen

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the tip, Melee hacking sure has changed a lot in even just a year lol

DRGN

Technowizard
Wait, DTW can add songs now to a disc?
Well it can add new files to a disc (much easier than GCR). But you still have to name the file appropriately prior to importing, and edit the MnSlChr file (explained here). When I have some time in the future, I'll probably add functionality to handle that as well. I also need to add the ability to pull song names for the Disc File Tree descriptions, and to be able to rename them from there.

Last edited:

TheHeroOfTime

Smash Rookie
The md5 check on that xdelta patch looks like it's broken. My md5s match up before and after conversion, but the program tells me otherwise.

Thanks for making it though, it works fine, and of course thanks to the legend achilles

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
Copy over 26 rat and 26 lat files? Shouldn't take long.
I think we're on different pages... What I'm saying is that in DTW there is a folder which contains all the player information. If you could somehow copy and paste that one single folder which contains every single skin, it would be awesome.

NintyTheRagekid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintyTheRageKid
3DS FC
5455-9431-1608
Switch FC
SW-2209-3322-3333
Hey there. I think I found a bug but it could also be feature the way you look at it.
If you hold the Salty Runback command (L+R+A+B+Start) too long after the runback has already happened... the timer freezes and the game goes to Sudden Death. But depending if the stage is hacked or a skin, the game goes to the original stage. Like the City Dreamland skin goes to original Dreamland in Sudden Death. And WarioWare goes to Yoshi's Story 64.

Skip to 1:05 if you're impatient like me.

I know that Sudden Death is going to happen if the timer freezes like in the video there so I just try to beat up the CPU while waiting for glitch to happen.

Maybe this is just on my personal build/ISO? (I changed the PAL files to Silly Melee and the SD Remix characters to 3.2.1 except for the unchanged characters. For the unchanged characters I made them PAL. And I have a custom banner and custom Game ID.)
Maybe it's a feature I never noticed? (like hitting A on the NTSC/PAL icon on the CSS sends you to the Rumble Screen.)

I'm not sure, but I think it's worth mentioning.

EDIT:
I guess it's just holding Start in general, because if you hold start while the stage is loading and during the beginning of that game, the timer will freeze and it will go to Sudden Death. And I think I know why now.
Holding Start like that will make the game think that time is up and will either go to Sudden Death or go to the results screen showing the winner. Now, I'm starting to think that this is actually a bug.

Edit 2:
evidence.mp4

Last edited:

Gorb

Smash Rookie
As programming problem, how hard would it be to make "continue to hold shield" one of the random Oos options in version 4.06. Also how hard would be it be to alter the probability of each random OOs option? Thanks so much for these for hack packs.

Matt Mantis

Smash Rookie
hey guys. when i pick pokemon stadium the game freezes. I didn't have this problem when I was using 4.05. help please

clarify

Smash Cadet
Damn, this is really good so far. Only gripe is that the AI tends to SD a lot. Been playing against a level 9 CF AI and he loves to nair offstage (mostly by dropping through a platform that overhangs the ledge and fast falling). Not sure how fixable that is, and not sure how other AI at other CPU levels act, but besides that, this is a huge improvement on an already amazing/useful mod.

NintyTheRagekid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintyTheRageKid
3DS FC
5455-9431-1608
Switch FC
SW-2209-3322-3333
Sometimes when I hit anyone with an attack they will just die instantly, losing a stock, dissapearing? Why is this happening?
I had this happen with my first build. I think you accidentally compressed your ISO. (You can tell it's compressed if the game is red in Nintendont.) Did you use DAT Texture Wizard make the ISO instead of GCR? Because that's how it happened to me.

Krusteaz

Smash Apprentice
When I try to use a Battlefield texture using a file at GrNBa.5at and onwards the game crashes when trying to load the stage. Is this just me? I tried moving the textures and they work perfectly fine in any slot before that so it's not the textures

Top Bottom