• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Lykon

Smash Cadet
Petition to add a toggle "disable grab" in general codes -> animations
I am practicing the falcon marth matchup and need to improve my spacing avoiding attacks, the normalish AI uses grab a lot.

pipedreams

Smash Rookie
Tried reseting during 1-P Target break and my game locked up. Playing on a modded wii. just a heads up didnt know if this was known.

Edit: Tried recreating it. Didn't work. Weird. Everything is working normally. It was the first time I tried resetting during target break.

Last edited:

VonRichter316

Smash Rookie
I have v4.05 rn. I went to downgrade to 3.02 but Ithe won't load. Is it because my wii is 4.3U?

Last edited:

VikingSteeez

Smash Cadet
I have v4.05 rn. I went to downgrade to 3.02 but Ithe won't load. Is it because my wii is 4.3U?
No. I have both 3.02 and 4.05 on my USB, and my wii is 4.3U. Sounds like you messed up the ISO rebuild somehow, or you forgot to name the iso file 'game.iso'

Cutman

Smash Rookie
NNID
KurisuMakise420
I have 4.05
For some reason no one can taunt anymore? I had taunt cancelling on for a while, then turned it off. Is this a glitch? Even after several days and several reboots it won't work.

worm_hd

Smash Cadet
I haven't been using 20XX as much ever since I got 20XXTE set up on my GameCube, since it's faster to drop into a game with CPUs that don't do much besides DI randomly. That being said, I missed all the alternate costumes, so I booted up 4.05, and I might have found some issues.

Full disclosure, there is a distinct possibility that I just got overwhelmed by having a bunch of action state color overlays and the crazy spacie CPU behaviors, but I generally felt like I would miss L-cancels and other small inputs in a way that I don't on GameCube. I have the most recent version of Nintendont, and the Native Control toggle is turned on. I turned off the action state overlays and turned the CPU mode to "normalish", which helped, but I was still having issues with the Hyrule Temple stages. Maybe they have a different camera setting?

I know it's been said at least a few times, but I'd like to also request CPU AI (possibly in the default slot) that randomly DIs, occasionally SDIs (at human speeds), has a few recovery patterns, and doesn't do much else. Maybe vMelee CPU Lv. 1 stuff where it will approach and do attacks, maybe grabs.

Thanks for all your work, Achilles, I can't wait to see what stuff's in the next version!

oscat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlnklngmars
3DS FC
0318-9801-6641
Hey guys, I was kinda bummed out that with 3 pages worth of stages there were a lot of repeated or missing stages so I went ahead and made a stage pack adding stages previously added in the thread as well as some of my personal favorites from SD Remix. I even went ahead and completed the look with matching icon and stage descriptions. I even went out of my way to finish page 3's stage descriptions

Nothing in this pack replaces a pre-existing stage except for Fourside Smashville. It uses the Smashville from SD Remix.

https://www.mediafire.com/?r87itg8ffbs18q1

New Stages include:
  • Yoshi's Fortune
  • Miiverse
  • Suzaku Castle
  • Metal Cavern
  • Saffron City
  • Metroid Lab
  • Princess Peaches Flat Still has hazards ;_;
  • Legal Mushroom Kingdom I
  • Legal Mushroom Kingdom II Still has Birdo+Pidget ;_;
  • Legalish Yoshi's Story
  • HD Fountain of Dreams
  • Dreamland 64 Nightime
  • Restored Smash Wii U Final Destination
  • Skyrule
  • Smashville Fourside
  • High Tide at Great Bay
  • Restored KirbyWare, Inc.
  • Restored legal Green Greens
I'll post pictures later if I can. (I play on Nintendont)
Also, if someone can tell me how to disable stage hazards on Mushroom Kingdom II and Princess Peach's Flat I'd be very grateful. I'd imagine it involves ASM of some sort but I'm willing to learn.
Enjoy.
Selecting no lava brinstar on 3rd page loads up battlefield instead o brinstar

N A T

Smash Rookie
I think I followed all the instructions in the first guide correctly. But, whenever I load dios mio from the homebrew and select 20xx i get the dios mios splash for 10 seconds then a black screen for eternity. This might not be the best place to ask but I don't know how else to get it to work.

VikingSteeez

Smash Cadet
I think I followed all the instructions in the first guide correctly. But, whenever I load dios mio from the homebrew and select 20xx i get the dios mios splash for 10 seconds then a black screen for eternity. This might not be the best place to ask but I don't know how else to get it to work.
Nintendont is easier to install and use imo.

wwe4865

Smash Rookie
When will the new version come out? (Just asking no rush)

Last edited:

VikingSteeez

Smash Cadet
He said very soon like 4 posts above this man.
He said he's "very close," which doesn't necessarily mean very soon. I'm wondering when it'll be as well, but at the same time, I don't wanna bother him by asking. I'll wait for another year if that's when he feels like it's ready. lol

oscat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlnklngmars
3DS FC
0318-9801-6641
Happy Easter guys! Here's something to hold us over for the next update. I made a pack that's a compilation of costume textures, color effects, stages, music, and other mods, taken from smashboards and modulous. Uses 4.05 as a base, with no core gameplay changes.

You can download it here, the download also comes with geckocodes that I use. Install like you would 4.05. Enjoy!

Here's an ugly preview:

Last edited:

VikingSteeez

Smash Cadet
Happy Easter guys! Here's something to hold us over for the next update. I made a pack that's a compilation of costume textures, color effects, stages, music, and other mods, taken from smashboards and modulous. Uses 4.05 as a base, with no core gameplay changes.

You can download it here, the download also comes with geckocodes that I use. Install like you would 4.05. Enjoy!

Here's an ugly preview:
OOOooooo VERY NICE

(especially the falco skin in the bottom left)

Scyron

Smash Rookie
So seeing as I can't seem to find anybody with the same issue I figured I'd ask here. I'm aware that 20xx may not run flawlessly in dolphin, but when I try to navigate the debug menu all of the text seems to be bugged/flickering and I end up being unable to read any of the options. Also sometimes the text on the character select screen also breaks. I was curious if anybody knew of a fix for it, I'm running on the FM4.4 version of dolphin if it matters. I also seem to have some texture issues on some maps here and there, for example, on Dreamland wispy sometimes mutates and has 4 mouths and 8 eyes or something ridiculous looking. Don't know if those are fixable as well or just some things I have to live with for the time being.

oscat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlnklngmars
3DS FC
0318-9801-6641
So seeing as I can't seem to find anybody with the same issue I figured I'd ask here. I'm aware that 20xx may not run flawlessly in dolphin, but when I try to navigate the debug menu all of the text seems to be bugged/flickering and I end up being unable to read any of the options. Also sometimes the text on the character select screen also breaks. I was curious if anybody knew of a fix for it, I'm running on the FM4.4 version of dolphin if it matters. I also seem to have some texture issues on some maps here and there, for example, on Dreamland wispy sometimes mutates and has 4 mouths and 8 eyes or something ridiculous looking. Don't know if those are fixable as well or just some things I have to live with for the time being.
Ya, the text in debug is like that cuz of fm4.4. The next update will have it fixed. You can download the fm4.9 beta from their discord, I believe that version has it fixed too.

Last edited:

Scyron

Smash Rookie
Ya, the text in debug is like that cuz of fm4.4. The next update will have it fixed. You can download the fm4.9 beta from their discord, I believe that version has it fixed too.
Okay awesome, thankyou so much! That's been bugging me for so long you don't even know. I've refrained from playing melee on dolphin for so long even though my setup is lagless because of that issue alone.

Timic83

Smash Ace
Moorabbin/Hampton East, Melbourne, Australia
Hack seems great so far! But it seems randomy that when I hit AIs they die (lose stock) instantly. Why is this, do I ave some option on? Very glad to see my friends Gray Fox sheik hack in the game!

edit: had my first freeze (infinite buzziing noise) l+r+a+starting back to CSS. i did it pretty quick tho so maybe that messed with it

Last edited:

The Cape

Smash Master
So there are some great new features here, but how can we break down the individual ones if we want to use some of them in our own hacks? Is it possible to get an MCM code list that was used?

Steelo Rivers

Smash Cadet
Achilles, I just want to thank you for your hard work and show some love. I am extremely grateful for everything that you've done. I am particularly excited about endless friendlies working again (havent fully tested it but it seems to work at least similarly to 3.02). I will for sure be watching the videos that you've posted with all of the info and run down on this new version, as well as donating when I get paid tomorrow. Thanks again my guy. Happy 4/20 as well

Krusteaz

Smash Apprentice
Is there an easy way to replace all the character alt textures in 4.06 with the custom ones I added into 4.05? I replaced about 90% of the character alt textures and I don't wanna have to move them all by hand :(

Also if I wanted to change the background colors when you pick an alt could I just copy and paste the Hex code from my 4.05 into 4.06? I changed all of those too to match the new costumes I put in my 4.05

Last edited:

FatalFoams

Smash Rookie
Hey, can anybody help me with this? Root Files (includes all the game files - no previous ISOs necessary, use DTW or GCR to load the extracted root folder and then rebuild the ISO. Read the README included in the download.) I have no idea what that means, and will it work on my wii? i already have 4.05, thanks in advance.

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
Hey, can anybody help me with this? Root Files (includes all the game files - no previous ISOs necessary, use DTW or GCR to load the extracted root folder and then rebuild the ISO. Read the README included in the download.) I have no idea what that means, and will it work on my wii? i already have 4.05, thanks in advance.
Download 4.06 and DAT Texture Wizard https://smashboards.com/threads/dat-texture-wizard-current-version-5-0-1.373777/
unzip 4.06 and start the Wizard, under file, open the root and save it. Sure it will work if you already play the hack pack on the wii.

Top Bottom