• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Foxco

Smash Cadet
I am also having problems with the mediafire link for the hack pack. Download the file and it says the zip folder is empty.

whims

Smash Apprentice
i'd really not like to go through 141 pages of threads to see if anyone else has this issue, but.

does the newest version of 20xx (4.05) have the ability to add custom .hps files (the last one is 76, so the first custom one would be 77)? i tried it in 4.0 beta using this guide (http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...-update-3-17-16.351221/page-113#post-20431568) to the letter, and it worked (after a couple of tries; i had forgotten to add the replacement mnslchr.usd file that achilles added later as an edit). i did run into an issue there - the .hps i have looped after 30 seconds, but i think that's the way i made the usd (going to redo it using several different methods and try to get what's happening to it; it loops after 30 seconds in vanilla melee too so i think it's independent of the game).

i applied the methods for adding custom .hps files to the root folder and hex editing the mnslchr.usd file discussed in the 4.0 beta guide to the 4.05 release, following the guide to the letter. (extracted root of .iso using gcrebuilder, opened it and put in the 77.hps file to the audio folder, opened mnslchr.usd in hex editor, went to the specified offset where the zeros began, put in the previous offset minus 0x20, subtracted the hex number given from my current hex number, went to that specified offset, it was consistent with what i saw in the guide, i then inputted its title, "STICKERBRUSH," well below the maximum 31 characters, and saved the .usd. i then opened gcrebuilder, checked "do not use game.toc," selected open>root, selected the root folder i had been previously editing, hit root>save, named it something, and then hit root>rebuild and let gcr do its work.) i tested the new .iso in dolphin and it does not load at all. it doesn't crash, it doesn't freeze or soft lock or anything, it just doesn't load. i am almost absolutely sure i followed the steps correctly, and it DID work in 4.0 beta. i'm just curious as to if this guide still works for 4.05, or if the mnslchr.usd changed too much (or something along those lines; i'm a noob to programming) in the update.

that aside, i'm super impressed with the update. those new cpus are ballin

TripleDeckerPBJ

Smash Rookie
I'm super noobie at this, but is it possible to have both 3.02 and 4.05 on the same SD card that I'm currently using (has 3.02). I use Homebrew w/ Dios Mios, and my 3.02 works perfectly fine (besides the crashes during save states, etc). Thanks

whims

Smash Apprentice
I'm super noobie at this, but is it possible to have both 3.02 and 4.05 on the same SD card that I'm currently using (has 3.02). I use Homebrew w/ Dios Mios, and my 3.02 works perfectly fine (besides the crashes during save states, etc). Thanks
yes, just make a separate folder inside the games folder on the root of the sd and put the 4.05 .iso inside it (make sure to rename it to just "game"). if you use nintendont, there will be two instances of super smash bros melee, so you just have to remember which comes first and which comes second when loading, which isn't that difficult. the filesystem should look something like: [drive letter]:\[name of sd card]\games\[folder named whatever you want]. for example, mine looks like this: G:\Removable Disk\games\20xx

hope this helps

TripleDeckerPBJ

Smash Rookie
yes, just make a separate folder inside the games folder on the root of the sd and put the 4.05 .iso inside it (make sure to rename it to just "game"). if you use nintendont, there will be two instances of super smash bros melee, so you just have to remember which comes first and which comes second when loading, which isn't that difficult. the filesystem should look something like: [drive letter]:\[name of sd card]\games\[folder named whatever you want]. for example, mine looks like this: G:\Removable Disk\games\20xx

hope this helps
Sweet! Yup it worked out, so now running both versions :D Thanks a ton!

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I made an .iso of the newest 4.05, and compared to my regular Melee .iso it's REALLY jittery. Should I try recompiling the .iso or is this a known issue?

As a note I always select interlaced display and not progressive as my TV can only do interlace.

Last edited:

pixieSteak

Smash Rookie
Down on the D-pad during stage select doesn't seem to be activating the hacked stages for me. Do I have to install the maps myself?

Dorito Remix

Smash Rookie
nice updates to v4... but no cpu smash di yet? i figured with all the cpu ai that was added there would be an option for it... but it's not there. are you planning on adding this in the future or is it hidden somewhere where im not seeing it?

Zeus_Da_master

Smash Journeyman
this is bullsh*t. with my slow internet it took me 9 hours to download 4.05 and when it finally finishes, it give me an error like these other ppl are getting... has this been fixed? i do'nt wanna keep wasting 9 hrs at a time downloading this if its not gonna work

whims

Smash Apprentice
I made an .iso of the newest 4.05, and compared to my regular Melee .iso it's REALLY jittery. Should I try recompiling the .iso or is this a known issue?

As a note I always select interlaced display and not progressive as my TV can only do interlace.
what's your regular melee .iso?

Zeus_Da_master

Smash Journeyman
achillies, i noticed that you added events, is it just 3 new ones? might be cool if you did a bunch of new ones and even hav a bunch that are two player

SpaceRecon

Smash Rookie
It would be nice to have the option to have the old cpus but they still did the better recoveries. Not that the new cpus arent great though!

D

Deleted member 269706

Nope. The download would "complete" but most of the files would be missing/corrupted
Same here. Tried with and without an ethernet cable several times. Would be thrilled to see a mirror.

Last edited by a moderator:

whims

Smash Apprentice
idk if i'm allowed to do this but i'm currently uploading an unofficial mirror to dropbox. will provide link when it finishes, and someone please let me know if i'm breaking any rules. (i labeled it unofficial in all caps if that helps? idk)

but i honestly have no idea why it isn't working; i had absolutely no trouble with it. hopefully this will work tho

Zeus_Da_master

Smash Journeyman
Nope. The download would "complete" but most of the files would be missing/corrupted
Same here. Tried with and without an ethernet cable several times. Would be thrilled to see a mirror.
i used this link just now and it worked but.... see below
https://www.mediafire.com/?18yemefba3hx9c9

Can you reliably reproduce the problem?
!
i'm having a similar problem to that dudes freezing. now that i have it installed, it boots up CSS and freezes when i move the control stick in any direction the slightest bit. i tried 10 times and i keep getting the same result. i also trying holding B and backing out to main menu. that worked n i went to the events but again it froze when i selected an event and pressed A.. same thing with 1p classic/adventure/allstar, but with this it freezes everytime i hit start after i select my character.... what going on here? can someone help out?

Last edited:

imsoul

Smash Cadet
NNID
thesouldemon
3DS FC
3411-3945-3633
i'm having a similar problem to that dudes freezing. now that i have it installed, it boots up CSS and freezes when i move the control stick in any direction the slightest bit. i tried 10 times and i keep getting the same result. i also trying holding B and backing out to main menu. that worked n i went to the events but again it froze when i selected an event and pressed A.. same thing with 1p classic/adventure/allstar, but with this it freezes everytime i hit start after i select my character.... what going on here? can someone help out?
Try replacing the file from the edit of this post The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v4.05 UPDATE! 3/17/16)

Last edited:

whims

Smash Apprentice
correct me if i'm wrong but this is for 4.0 beta, correct? so some values in the .usd wouldn't match up with the ones in the 4.05 root folder i would assume

edit: sorry, i was supposed to quote the previous comment but i'm still figuring out how to work this website's formatting

Last edited:

whims

Smash Apprentice
thats a negative, still does the same thing

update... i forgot i had dios mios, i tryed loading it in that and it seems to be working... however i prefer nintendont... what are yall loading it with?
i use dolphin and nintendont, runs fine in both. my issue is trying to mess with the audio files, as the method for 4.0 beta doesn't seem to be working (but that's another issue entirely and doesn't really matter here).

Zeus_Da_master

Smash Journeyman
update, again-it freezes whenever an item is being spawned, whether in special melee or vs

update for my update... 4.5 doesn't work in nintendont at all (which is killing me). it does work in dios mios but it freezes with event 2 n 3 as soon as it says "ready" as it starts... 1p classic/adventrue/allstar also freezes at random times within the first minute or two......

other than that, Good Job Achillies!! this is amazing... would you like some critisim of the AI?

side question... i never use dios mios, how do i exit it n go back to the home brew channel like in nintendont when you hold dpad Down, B, Z, and R

Last edited:

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
Some feedback/ suggestions after trying the new 4.05

First of all and huge thank you for doing this. This version changed the way it feels playing against CPUs for ever.
Amazing!

However there are a few things that would improve the experience and training abilities a whole lot.
These are my notes.

Bread and butter combo conversions for all characters.
Intelligent recovery for all characters.
On that note Air dodging is still not an option for spacies, if I am not mistaken. This is crucial!)
Fox and Falco are running off stage and UpB'ing straight up or at a steep angle towards the stage for no reason way too much.

C.Falcon is running and fast falling off stage all the time.
Marth is doing approaching Dair too much.
All characters roll way too much.

They dont respect invincibility. This is fine, so that you can practice punishing people that dont respect it. But if they at least would try and get away from you / stall on the ledge, most of the time, that would be great.

Yoshi is messing up ledge dashes like there is no tomorrow :(

Still no Combo DI toggle / control.

The CPU uses bad throws all the time. Is it possible to somehow get rid of the "bad " throws somehow? For example C.Falcon using backthrow in the middle of the stage.

I see ALOT of people asking for the old neutral behavior. I suggest assigning the increasing level of CPU options to the CPU LEVEL.
1. Is Vanilla behavior
2. Could add teching and DI
3. Add Dash Dancing and shielding as well as defensive attacks
4. Adds some of the attacks they are using in the current build
etc.
Lvl 9 would be almost a braindead combo machine.
Something along those lines.

Magus420

Smash Master

Is Main Menu>Options>Screen Display>Deflicker: On? I think it's off by default and 4.05 uses separate save data, so it sounds like you have it enabled in the normal save but not the new 20XX one.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
If I want to copy my costumes, am I safe copying all Pl* files from beta 04 to 05? Or did you make changes in 05 that will negatively affect me if I replace all Pl* files in 05 with the Pl* files from 04?
The costume files are all the same.
is there anything I can do to get endless friendlies working again with random characters? as of 4.0 it just randoms stage with whatever characters were picked from the beginning and never changes. even if they aren't characters that you have as 1 of the 3 on the list for your port.
I haven't touched the Random Friendlies code since 3.02. I'm sorry that it doesn't work and that I have neglected it. Hopefully I can get around to it soonish. I'm looking forward to taking a break from the AI and working on more features again.
I went through the instructions but it never prompted me for my vanilla iso?!? Is it not necessary or is my iso going to be missing features. It runs fine in Dolphin from initial testing.

Isn't that illegal to distribute the game without requiring a vanilla iso first?
It's allowable to distribute individual files, but not complete game images....idk.
update, again-it freezes whenever an item is being spawned, whether in special melee or vs

update for my update... 4.5 doesn't work in nintendont at all (which is killing me). it does work in dios mios but it freezes with event 2 n 3 as soon as it says "ready" as it starts... 1p classic/adventrue/allstar also freezes at random times within the first minute or two......

other than that, Good Job Achillies!! this is amazing... would you like some critisim of the AI?

side question... i never use dios mios, how do i exit it n go back to the home brew channel like in nintendont when you hold dpad Down, B, Z, and R
It sounds like something is just wrong with your homebrew setup or hard drive. But I don't really know what to tell you because I'm not a homebrew expert.
Down on the D-pad during stage select doesn't seem to be activating the hacked stages for me. Do I have to install the maps myself?
Disable Dolphin Gecko codes.
i'd really not like to go through 141 pages of threads to see if anyone else has this issue, but.

does the newest version of 20xx (4.05) have the ability to add custom .hps files (the last one is 76, so the first custom one would be 77)? i tried it in 4.0 beta using this guide (http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...-update-3-17-16.351221/page-113#post-20431568) to the letter, and it worked (after a couple of tries; i had forgotten to add the replacement mnslchr.usd file that achilles added later as an edit). i did run into an issue there - the .hps i have looped after 30 seconds, but i think that's the way i made the usd (going to redo it using several different methods and try to get what's happening to it; it loops after 30 seconds in vanilla melee too so i think it's independent of the game).

i applied the methods for adding custom .hps files to the root folder and hex editing the mnslchr.usd file discussed in the 4.0 beta guide to the 4.05 release, following the guide to the letter. (extracted root of .iso using gcrebuilder, opened it and put in the 77.hps file to the audio folder, opened mnslchr.usd in hex editor, went to the specified offset where the zeros began, put in the previous offset minus 0x20, subtracted the hex number given from my current hex number, went to that specified offset, it was consistent with what i saw in the guide, i then inputted its title, "STICKERBRUSH," well below the maximum 31 characters, and saved the .usd. i then opened gcrebuilder, checked "do not use game.toc," selected open>root, selected the root folder i had been previously editing, hit root>save, named it something, and then hit root>rebuild and let gcr do its work.) i tested the new .iso in dolphin and it does not load at all. it doesn't crash, it doesn't freeze or soft lock or anything, it just doesn't load. i am almost absolutely sure i followed the steps correctly, and it DID work in 4.0 beta. i'm just curious as to if this guide still works for 4.05, or if the mnslchr.usd changed too much (or something along those lines; i'm a noob to programming) in the update.

that aside, i'm super impressed with the update. those new cpus are ballin
It works the exact same. I added some more music in the latest update using the same method. It sounds like you extended the size of your MnSlChr.usd file on accident or something, like inserting instead of overwriting. Try again.
Nope, I can't find it :/.

Someone knows where the "flash when stand still" option is?
Training Codes --> Color Overlay --> Action State Overlays
Set a color for "Wait". And also make sure to turn the color overlays on for the specific player port.
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 are you familiar with the true widescreen bug on dolphin where using X+down to disable the HUD also makes the game revert to 4:3 with a messed up aspect ratio? Doesn't happen immediately, but occurs quite reliably.

Edit: just reproduced by using Fox downthrow in training mode on standard widescreen. Tried again, was not able to reproduce a second time.
This is with the latest version of the Hack Pack?

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
Holy cow, I miss out on this thread for a few days and a new version comes out??

Achilles, I think we all have but one word (many times):

(^ I imagine this is what it looks like stepping outside of Achilles' front door. Hope he can get to work ok...)

So, an xdelta. Honestly it's even easier than it used to be to create this version. So, is an xdelta really needed? Funny to even consider that it would be a "patch", since there would be so little from the original disc that would be used. I don't really mind making one though, and it doesn't take long, so can go ahead and get one up later today anyways, just for the option.
When I open the ISO (20XX 4.05) with DAT texture wizard, it literally does not show a single character file. I open it with Melee Toolkit, they're all there. Any ideas on what's going on?
4.05 isn't supported yet. But I'm going to release an update that will include this soon.

hope this helps
In all of the booters, you can change the displayed game title to whatever you want for each game. Google it.
If I want to copy my costumes, am I safe copying all Pl* files from beta 04 to 05? Or did you make changes in 05 that will negatively affect me if I replace all Pl* files in 05 with the Pl* files from 04?
Should work. If you're ever in doubt: no harm in trying.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 337186

okay, i just want to make sure, this is 4.05, not 4.0 Beta05, correct Achilles (or anybody thats active rn)?

whims

Smash Apprentice
In all of the booters, you can change the displayed game title to whatever you want for each game. Google it.
dude, really? that's awesome and fixes my main issue with loading from nintendont.

It works the exact same. I added some more music in the latest update using the same method. It sounds like you extended the size of your MnSlChr.usd file on accident or something, like inserting instead of overwriting. Try again.
awesome, thanks. that's probably it to be honest; i have had experience in hex editing for about a day

whims

Smash Apprentice

microeyes

Smash Rookie
Sorry, I'm really new at this. I followed the instructions in the readme file, however when I try to boot it from dios mios it shows up as Super Smash Bros Melee (ISO) and just boots normal vanilla melee when selected. Any ideas what I did wrong?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Anyone have trouble changing the language from the normal options menu? WE WANT KOOPA!!
Sorry, but I disabled the language switch menu.
1) Didn't want Japanese mode to conflict with any codes in a weird way.
2) And really the deciding factor, I can now delete the Japanese files in the filesystem to free up space for more content, including but not limited to custom stages/music/skins.

a lot of people were asking for this so i went ahead and uploaded a mirror
Thanks, man! I added it to the OP.

Last edited:
Top Bottom