• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Doq

Smash Lord
i don't know if this is the right thread, but I can't find the gameplay codes menu. Whenever i go to the debug menu, I ended up at the menu with versus code> and then publicity and stuff like that. Some 20xx features also are not working, like the random DI, which I'm trying to figure out. If anyone could help that'd be great. Thanks.
You didn't compile the 20XX mod correctly and the DOL did not get patched.

Acryte

Smash Ace
v3, trying to account for the adverse affects of the limited color depth.

View attachment 73622

Any better?

View attachment 73623

I was thinking it might prevent confusion for the "casuals" between this and 20XXTE. Especially since many don't realize that TE can't reasonably do textures.

I also tried to pay special attention to the distortion that appears at the border between the halves (because that stuff bugs me), by only using lines perpendicular to the border wherever they cross it. There's practically no distortion on the _3 versions. Giving it color seems to add a little bit there no matter what I try though.

It's because not all of them are the same shade, and when the texture is processed, the colors all change to conform to a much smaller set of shades for this texture format. The shade of that particular dot was too close to the background, so they ended up "rounding" to the same shade.
Super sexy stuff.

Anutim

Smash Apprentice
v3, trying to account for the adverse affects of the limited color depth.

View attachment 73622

Any better?

View attachment 73623

I was thinking it might prevent confusion for the "casuals" between this and 20XXTE. Especially since many don't realize that TE can't reasonably do textures.

I also tried to pay special attention to the distortion that appears at the border between the halves (because that stuff bugs me), by only using lines perpendicular to the border wherever they cross it. There's practically no distortion on the _3 versions. Giving it color seems to add a little bit there no matter what I try though.

It's because not all of them are the same shade, and when the texture is processed, the colors all change to conform to a much smaller set of shades for this texture format. The shade of that particular dot was too close to the background, so they ended up "rounding" to the same shade.
I really like it, but I think the hexagon more centered to the line would look better. Looks kinda out of place when it's slightly off, imo ofc. I also think the overlay thingy for the Training Hack Pack text doesn't need a shadow (looks more clean without one).

DRGN

Technowizard
I really like it, but I think the hexagon more centered to the line would look better. Looks kinda out of place when it's slightly off, imo ofc. I also think the overlay thingy for the Training Hack Pack text doesn't need a shadow (looks more clean without one).
That offset was done to accommodate some of the technical restrictions of modding this particular texture. But Achilles and I have both figured out some fantastic new stuff with these doors, so I'm actually going to go back and play with these again, probably sometime this week. I'll try putting them back in the middle.

Last edited:

Tainted ZGS

Smash Rookie
Okay I need someone's help please.

I call my 20xx the nerfed version of 20xx but I got all the files and everything from the one guide of "hacking our wii" that achilles posted in the main thread. I downloaded files from there and I used that as 20xx and it doesn't do half the stuff that 20xx is supposed to do. I don't have access to any of the dpad stuff like making computers shield and stuff and alot of other neat **** that I really wanna do for practicing wise. I don't remember half of it but I was strolling around on smashboards and I thought I'd post this again to see if anyones willing to help yet.

-
Yes I've remade the 20xx iso.
I use dios mios, but I am sure that's not the problem because others use dios mios with 20xx
I use SD card and a hacked wii.
It also freezes sometimes in vs mode, particularly on shines but sometimes on moves. game doesn't freeze but my character does.
Not all options on the debug menu work and stuff. Most of the less important options but still.

-
Please help :/ I would appreciate any help. Maybe someone message me the files except for iso that they use for SD card on a hacked wii I don't know. Just help would be appreciated. Thanks

-Tainted

Dwreck

Smash Cadet
is there a gecko code or something to enable the option to show hitboxes? i've tried searching around for 20 minutes and couldn't find anything on it

flieskiller

Smash Journeyman
is there a gecko code or something to enable the option to show hitboxes? i've tried searching around for 20 minutes and couldn't find anything on it
from the 1st post: "(Y+D-Pad Right) Collision Bubbles - All Characters"

Dorito Remix

Smash Rookie
is this still being worked on by anybody?

it would be EXTREMELY useful if there was an option that made cpu's 33% of the time smash DI 2 times left, 33% no smash DI, 33% smash DI right 2 times

this would allow you to practice reacting to the different ranges you need to move to for waveshine punishes

Last edited:

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Yes, Achilles is still very much hard at work, there's no date yet for 4.0 but it's on the way

it would be EXTREMELY useful if there was an option that made cpu's 33% of the time smash DI 2 times left, 33% no smash DI, 33% smash DI right 2 times, this would allow you to practice reacting to the different ranges you need to move to for waveshine punishes
There's a code somewhere that allows you to set and lock the percentage of a player, with the current DI code this should work, but it's not going to be a consistent 33% of the time. With the release of 4.0 Achilles plans to add the ability to modify the way the DI/Teching code works allowing for players to choose what the CPU has access to doing and setting the amount of time that it would happen. Soon™

MizukiTHPS

Smash Rookie
Any chance of a code to make fox do slight DI in > shine on Marth's up throw? That combined with random DI would be very helpful, but even if it is a code where he just does that over and over it would help practice pivot regrabs.

Achilles1515

Smash Master

it would be EXTREMELY useful if there was an option that made cpu's 33% of the time smash DI 2 times left, 33% no smash DI, 33% smash DI right 2 times

this would allow you to practice reacting to the different ranges you need to move to for waveshine punishes
I am still working on it. Currently addicted to stage hacking and "finishing" the new hacked SSS that features a full page of competitve stages.

Capture.PNG

I REALLY want to release a beta after I get these stages hooked in. There's a lot of stuff that isn't in the hack pack yet that I still have plans for, but I owe you guys something soon.

Hax was also asking me about SDI the other day. I haven't written any codes to do anything with Smash DI but I might have to now.

Last edited:

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
I am still working on it. Currently addicted to stage hacking and "finishing" the new hacked SSS that features a full page of competitve stages.

View attachment 80628

I REALLY want to release a beta after I get these stages hooked in. There's a lot of stuff that isn't in the hack pack yet that I still have plans for, but I owe you guys something soon.

Hax was also asking me about SDI the other day. I haven't written any codes to do anything with Smash DI but I might have to now.
Wow, This looks amazing, Keep up the good work Achilles!

divekicked

Smash Cadet

View attachment 80628

I believe you said before that you plan on having more than 2 SSS's like 3.02 does, this still true? This is awesome btw keep up the good work.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I believe you said before that you plan on having more than 2 SSS's like 3.02 does, this still true? This is awesome btw keep up the good work.
Yes, look at the text towards the bottom of the picture. I labeled the third "Single Player" because it has the ones like Majoras Mask, Entei, Goomba, Race to Finish, and all those extra ones. But it's not just single player stages. It will include some leftover stage hacks.

Last edited:

Dinowaffles

Smash Cadet
I have to questions
1.Is it better to have native control on in Nintedont?
2. Is it possible to make it so that 20XX and vanilla melee don't share a save file?

Anutim

Smash Apprentice
2. Is it possible to make it so that 20XX and vanilla melee don't share a save file?
Download HxD. Open your .iso in it and rename GALE01 to whatever you want, and your Wii will believe it's an entirely different game.

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
New question, how do I get the CPU to permanently shield?

I'm trying to d-pad and L but it isn't doing anything, my taunt button isn't being recognized in game.

Another thing, why does the CPU and I keep regenerating health? I never changed a setting to make it do that...

Last edited:

PepaCorn

Smash Apprentice
So I'm attempting to install 20XX on my Wii using the guide provided, I have the homebrew channel, I have patched and installed the ios, I have installed DiosMiosLite_2.11.wad and I have a 20XX.iso on my SD card,

However when I load Dios-Mios Booster 20XX is not a selectable option, anyone got any solutions?
(I've also tried using Nintendont but it still isn't listed)

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
I have to questions
1.Is it better to have native control on in Nintedont?
Yes. It makes the input handling the same as it is normally (i.e. like when running a game off a disc); having it off creates problems and is inaccurate besides that.

New question, how do I get the CPU to permanently shield?

I'm trying to d-pad and L but it isn't doing anything, my taunt button isn't being recognized in game.

Another thing, why does the CPU and I keep regenerating health? I never changed a setting to make it do that...
The most likely causes of the shield toggle not working are that you don't have the in-game toggles active (and therefore you should set them to "ON" in the debug menu), or that you're just accidentally pressing the wrong direction on the D-pad or not holding down the trigger enough (which is pretty easy to do even without feeling like you are). Either that or your D-pad is broken.

The character's damages changing is a result of you accidentally activating the codes that affect the damages or use the damage displays for something (either the toggle which sets the damage cap to Player 2's current damage, or the frame counter displays).

So I'm attempting to install 20XX on my Wii using the guide provided, I have the homebrew channel, I have patched and installed the ios, I have installed DiosMiosLite_2.11.wad and I have a 20XX.iso on my SD card,

However when I load Dios-Mios Booster 20XX is not a selectable option, anyone got any solutions?
(I've also tried using Nintendont but it still isn't listed)
Did you decompile the .iso with GCReEx after you built it so that DIOS MIOS Lite can use it? What goes on the SD card should be a folder named "GALE01" (or whatever you've changed the ID to, if you've done that), containing 2 folders: "root" and "sys".

Last edited:

PepaCorn

Smash Apprentice
I did not originally but after doing it, it works, thanks!

Last edited:

SuperShus

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
East#694
To be honest this is more exciting to me than the hack pack itself, lmao

return of Hax$

yngtmgtchii

Smash Rookie
I have the 20xx iso built, i load it on dolphin and it loads to the character select screen HOWEVER when i pick any stage a popup shows from dolphin saying "intCPU: Unknown instruction 0200301 at PC = 8000314 last_PC = 8001f8 = 800c6308

Tero.

Smash Champion
Can the next Version have more hq textures for the characters? Like for example there is a way better c9 Fox or tsm Fox c9 Falco etc.

Absolutely loving this. Especially since i can use widescreen 480p on my BenQ

Dinowaffles

Smash Cadet
Download HxD. Open your .iso in it and rename GALE01 to whatever you want, and your Wii will believe it's an entirely different game.
Is there a certain way how to do it? When i change it nintendon't doesn't recognize the iso. Neither does GCRebuilder.

Rasko

Smash Apprentice

View attachment 80628

I posted this earlier in the gecko code thread not using my brain to post it here.
Would it be possible to add extra features in training mode?
(pic is just an example)
For the cpu menu, there could be a slight DI toggle or something. I don't really have people to practice with so this would help with the certain DI training I need with marth.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Alright boys, it's time for some action.

EDIT (11/17/15):
New directions to create the 20XX 4.0 Beta ISO using DRGN's wizardry:
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...date-4-0-beta01.351221/page-117#post-20466532

20XX 4.0 Beta01.zip

EDIT:
Add these files to the download pack as well:
https://www.mediafire.com/?qgb7uolvux5c1g5
https://www.mediafire.com/?ct8i5zudsqetlhe <-- replaces GrNKr.1at and GrNKr.2at from the above pack

-------------------------------
The folder that unzips, "20XX 4.0 DL" will now be referred to as "20XX folder". It's contents will be placed into a vanilla SSBM root folder.

1) Extract a vanilla SSBM 1.02 root folder using GCR. Then close GCR.
2) 20XX folder --> &&systemdata --> Copy Start.dol.
3) Vanilla --> &&systemdata --> Paste and overwrite vanilla Start.dol.

3) Vanilla root folder. Completely delete the "audio" folder.
4) 20XX folder --> copy "audio" folder and paste in vanilla root folder.

5) 20XX folder --> copy everything in the folder except the two folders mentioned above. (So all the files, but not folders).
6) Vanilla root folder --> paste and overwrite for all items.

7) Vanilla root folder --> Delete all .mth videos (from MvEndCaptain.mth all the way down to MvOpen.mth)

--- vanilla root folder now equals "modified root folder" ---

8) Open GCR. Do not load the modified root folder from above yet.
9) GCR --> Options (at the top) --> click "do not modify game.toc"

10) GCR --> Root (at the top) --> Open
11) Select your modified root folder.

12) GCR --> Root (at the top) --> Save.
13) Choose name of your ISO file and hit okay.

14) GCR --> Root -> Rebuild

--> 20XX 4.0 Beta01.iso

I hope I didn't forget any files in the download...
-----------------------------------------------------------

This is FAR from being complete, but it's coming along alright. There is tons added and also things that have yet returned from the previous 20XX. The one really big item that is missing in this build is the P2 action commands (input spam, hold shield, act of shield, etc.).

Other missing / unhooked things off the top of my head
Debug Menu
- Missing Character Codes Menu
- Missing a Mechanics Menu (which some current items among different menus will be added to this)
- Missing a CREDITS MENU!!
- Texture Hacks --> Battlefield is the only one that I have written code for yet. Also missing things like Rainbow Shine.
- Item Codes -> Additional Item Switch, I think this isn't hooked yet. But monsters might be fine.
--> missing info pages for new mechanics, but they may be moved to an entire new menu completely​
- Extras --> SDR 3.1 Changelog --> no text screen for characters with no changes. Spacies have shines swapped and falcon is my experimental char. Shinesplosion for grounded down-b.​

- Alternate costumes were the "latest" from like...February or something. You guys have made a lot of cool ones since then and some slots need to be updated.

- Random stage select toggle screen needs updated text. Stage select screen preview texts need to be updated for hacked stages as well.

Tons more.
-----------------------------------------

Go to the Hacked SSS by clicking D-Pad Down at the SSS. Hacked stage select screen #3 has been heavily neglected for awhile.
Go to the "Character Select Screen Codes" debug menu to see the user input options for that screen.
.lat files = L alternate costumes
.rat files = R alternate costumes
.sat files = SDR remix character files
.pat files = PAL character files (or change these to your own custom character files!)
Play the Special Game Modes.

3 Custom battlefields. Can specify the X/Y location and scale multiplier for each platform.
OH! And when the game is paused,
D-pad Up to reload music (only does something if a music playlist is active for current stage music)
D-pad Right to toggle on/off the in-game 20XX toggles and DEVELOP toggles--> keep clicking it to cycle through options @Kadano @schmooblidon
- Magus physics [Achilles mod] are added as DEVELOP toggles. Same inputs from Magus' thread.​

I whipped up memory card saving today. Let me know if there are any issues. Will destroy your previous file because I have yet to give the game a new ID/save file name.

Just go to the Debug Menu and read things. This post is pitiful. I have had a long weekend and need to go to sleep. More details later.

DRGN DRGN flieskiller flieskiller @CeLL Stride Stride @_glook @zankyou @Itaru TerryJ TerryJ @tatatat0 @Tater @Ampers Myougi Myougi @Yax @SinsOfApathy @MagicScrumpy Doq Doq @Dan Salvato @Aerros11 @Wooggle @Sham Rock @Kou @Anutim @sdremix_troubleshooter @Trip @Acryte and everyone else!!!

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
Another one bites the dust.

Achilles gets engaged! Woohoo

View attachment 82050

20XX 4.0 Beta01.zip

The folder that unzips, "20XX 4.0 DL" will now be referred to as "20XX folder". It's contents will be placed into a vanilla SSBM root folder.

5) 20XX folder --> copy everything in the folder except the two folders mentioned above. (So all the files, but not folders).

7) Vanilla root folder --> Delete all .mth videos (from MvEndCaptain.mth all the way down to MvOpen.mth)

12) GCR --> Root (at the top) --> Rebuild.

--> 20XX 4.0 Beta01.iso

This is FAR from being complete, but it's coming along alright. There is tons added and also things that have yet returned from the previous 20XX. The one really big item that is missing in this build is the P2 action commands (input spam, hold shield, act of shield, etc.).

Debug Menu
- Missing a Mechanics Menu (which some current items among different menus will be added to this)
- Texture Hacks --> Battlefield is the only one that I have written code for yet. Also missing things like Rainbow Shine.
- Item Codes -> Additional Item Switch, I think this isn't hooked yet. But monsters might be fine.
--> missing info pages for new mechanics, but they may be moved to an entire new menu completely​
- Extras --> SDR 3.1 Changelog --> no text screen for characters with no changes. Spacies have shines swapped and falcon is my experimental char. Shinesplosion for grounded down-b.​

- Alternate costumes were the "latest" from like...February or something. You guys have made a lot of cool ones since then and some slots need to be updated.

- Random stage select toggle screen needs updated text. Stage select screen preview texts need to be updated for hacked stages as well.

Tons more.

Go to the Hacked SSS by clicking D-Pad Down at the SSS. Hacked stage select screen #3 has been heavily neglected for awhile.
Go to the "Character Select Screen Codes" debug menu to see the user input options for that screen.
.pat files = PAL character files (or change these to your own custom character files!)

3 Custom battlefields. Can specify the X/Y location and scale multiplier for each platform.
D-pad Up to reload music (only does something if a music playlist is active for current stage music)
D-pad Right to toggle on/off the in-game 20XX toggles and DEVELOP toggles--> keep clicking it to cycle through options @Kadano @schmooblidon
- Magus physics [Achilles mod] are added as DEVELOP toggles. Same inputs from Magus' thread.​

I whipped up memory card saving today. Let me know if there are any issues. Will destroy your previous file because I have yet to give the game a new ID/save file name.

Just go to the Debug Menu and read things. This post is pitiful. I have had a long weekend and need to go to sleep. More details later.

DRGN DRGN flieskiller flieskiller @CeLL Stride Stride @_glook @zankyou @Itaru TerryJ TerryJ @tatatat0 @Tater @Ampers Myougi Myougi @Yax @SinsOfApathy @MagicScrumpy Doq Doq @Dan Salvato @Aerros11 @Wooggle @Sham Rock @Kou @Anutim @sdremix_troubleshooter @Trip @Acryte and everyone else!!!
Wow, double congrats!

divekicked

Smash Cadet
Any chance the file names for all the new stages could be in that? This is great work btw, customizable tech roll options is gonna help my tech chasing a lot.

Goatlink

Smash Apprentice

20XX 4.0 Beta01.zip

12) GCR --> Root (at the top) --> Rebuild.

--> 20XX 4.0 Beta01.iso

Debug Menu

Tons more.

this is freaking amazing! want us to report stuff that doesnt work?

andzrej

Project Z Curator
The update has been fantastic so far, your work never fails to amaze me.

Bugs so far:
The R alt skin for brown mario froze my wii.

Last edited:
Top Bottom