• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

oscat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlnklngmars
3DS FC
0318-9801-6641
Thinking about uploading a modified 20XX pack, with a compilation of character and stage texture hacks from modulous, added music, and other mods. Would anyone be interested in that? I would only upload the changed files of course to use in gc rebuilder.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 337186

Thinking about uploading a modified 20XX pack, with a compilation of character and stage texture hacks from modulous, added music, and other mods. Would anyone be interested in that? I would only upload the changed files of course to use in gc rebuilder.
i'm in.

pootTheBox

Smash Ace
Thanks for replies!

I got your code used, then used the differences form Achilles1515's original code to find the differences. I then made a custom value for the opacity that I'm satisfied with.
Gecko:
Yellow colors show where the transparcy value is. Default is 80.
$Partially Visible Hurtbox
C200A264 0000000C
3CC0804D 3FC0FFFF
63DE0041 83BB227C
57BD018D 4182003C
8BBB227A 2C1D0000
41820014 3FC0FF80
63DE0041 83BB19BC
48000010 3FC000FF
63DEFF41 83BB23A0
3C003F80 7C1D0000
40820008 3BDEFFC0
93C636AC 7CBD2B78
60000000 00000000

Here is how it looks ingame(No overlays):

I can still see the hurtboxes edges clearly while moving fast to train spacing.

With an overlay:
Edges still clearly shown while also allowing for the overlay to be clearly seen.

P.S. It would be possible to keep the overlays at like 70% opacity and still have the overlay work pretty well if you have the hurtboxes set to a netrual grey
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 @Ed94 @L.O.S.T.30-3
Did anyone put together this code for hitboxes? I like the original colors and this opacity. I'm looking to get the red hitboxes at the same opacity.

Jonas

Smash Champion
A friend of mine noticed a flaw with one of the PAL characters in 4.05. When Donkey Kong gets hit during his Spinning Kong move, he loses his Giant Punch charge. He is not supposed to do that in PAL. I on't know if this has been brought to your attention yet, or if it's even something you're going to bother with implementing in the future, but it makes me wonder if other PAL characters have inconsistensies.

Last edited:

A4Foot1Giant

Smash Rookie
NNID
A4Foot1Gnt
Definitely would love that

CoolJulian1204

Smash Rookie
Is there a 2nd hacked sss screen because when i go on to the next one it skips one and goes to the 1st hacked sss

Jehosephat

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2294-6451-4500
does anybody know how to turn the raw root files into an image/.gci file, I'd like to use the training hack pack on a gamecube and memory card. the official 20xx site only has TE and not the training hack pack. if you just have a .gci file of 20xx 4.05 hack pack then please feel free to post

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
does anybody know how to turn the raw root files into an image/.gci file, I'd like to use the training hack pack on a gamecube and memory card. the official 20xx site only has TE and not the training hack pack. if you just have a .gci file of 20xx 4.05 hack pack then please feel free to post
This does not exist. They are two different things

alpha_leonis

Smash Cadet
is there a way to turn the screen flashes off when someone gets hit at a higher percent, or when someone dies? Or is there a way to make those flashes also in 16:9?

NEXmaniosis

Smash Rookie
So I find out two interesting things I didn't found in the post:

- CPU ALWAYS get up attack:
Debug Menu -> Cpu Codes -> Ground Tech Options -> Everything OFF and 0 BUT => Custom Getup Options (ON), Frame Perfect Getup (100*), Getup Attack (100).
As I said leave the rest on 0.

* If you want to mix up the times you can change this one and Max Lay wait frames.

- CPU ALWAYS DI away.

Achilles explained it here, but that didn't work to me, so with this one I got what I wanted:

Random

Shadow

Smash Cadet
I just wanted to report I was messing with the debug menu in 20XX and the hitstun and knockback modifiers are not working
I have tested them on 0.06250 and 5.00000 but it doesn't seem to affect the game play.

what is expected to happen was that hitstun would be very long at 5.00000 and almost nothing at 0.06250.

TyroKith

Smash Cadet
Is there a way on (frozen) Pokémon Stadium to keep the scoreboard from displaying the match? I'd like it if it stayed black and only showed the time remaining like it does when the match starts. Alternatively, if it kept track of stocks and time that would be cool too.

galan0

Smash Rookie
There a way to just go into 1-Player mode from the CSS? I know the A+B glitch, but I kinda miss just pressing Up on the D-pad from v3.02. Sometimes i'll get the glitch first try, other times I'm consistently trying cause I'm off by 1 frame. There a way I can swap the SD Remix button for the force start?

D

Deleted member 337186

There a way to just go into 1-Player mode from the CSS? I know the A+B glitch, but I kinda miss just pressing Up on the D-pad from v3.02. Sometimes i'll get the glitch first try, other times I'm consistently trying cause I'm off by 1 frame. There a way I can swap the SD Remix button for the force start?
set the game to anything other than stock

hold start

boom.

ez$$

HumanMeatPuppet

Smash Cadet
Is there a way to have the vanilla AI for the single player modes? Or is this simply not possible with the new AI implemented for versus?

D

Deleted member 337186

happy one year anniversary 20XX 4.05!

Last edited by a moderator:

ZenSmash

Smash Rookie
Is it possible for you to release the code that has to do with the CSS L and R costume toggles?

TyroKith

Smash Cadet
Does a modification exist that fixes Battlefield's jank ledges? I'd be equally happy with one that (A) made the "grab angles" for the ledge right angles instead of acute angles, or (B) made a custom stage design for Battlefield where the ledges are in the same shape as the acute angles mentioned before.

Silent Hell

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I was kinda bummed out that with 3 pages worth of stages there were a lot of repeated or missing stages so I went ahead and made a stage pack adding stages previously added in the thread as well as some of my personal favorites from SD Remix. I even went ahead and completed the look with matching icon and stage descriptions. I even went out of my way to finish page 3's stage descriptions

Nothing in this pack replaces a pre-existing stage except for Fourside Smashville. It uses the Smashville from SD Remix.

https://www.mediafire.com/?r87itg8ffbs18q1

New Stages include:
  • Yoshi's Fortune
  • Miiverse
  • Suzaku Castle
  • Metal Cavern
  • Saffron City
  • Metroid Lab
  • Princess Peaches Flat Still has hazards ;_;
  • Legal Mushroom Kingdom I
  • Legal Mushroom Kingdom II Still has Birdo+Pidget ;_;
  • Legalish Yoshi's Story
  • HD Fountain of Dreams
  • Dreamland 64 Nightime
  • Restored Smash Wii U Final Destination
  • Skyrule
  • Smashville Fourside
  • High Tide at Great Bay
  • Restored KirbyWare, Inc.
  • Restored legal Green Greens
I'll post pictures later if I can. (I play on Nintendont)
Also, if someone can tell me how to disable stage hazards on Mushroom Kingdom II and Princess Peach's Flat I'd be very grateful. I'd imagine it involves ASM of some sort but I'm willing to learn.
Enjoy.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Hey guys, I was kinda bummed out that with 3 pages worth of stages there were a lot of repeated or missing stages so I went ahead and made a stage pack adding stages previously added in the thread as well as some of my personal favorites from SD Remix. I even went ahead and completed the look with matching icon and stage descriptions. I even went out of my way to finish page 3's stage descriptions

Nothing in this pack replaces a pre-existing stage except for Fourside Smashville. It uses the Smashville from SD Remix.

https://www.mediafire.com/?r87itg8ffbs18q1

New Stages include:
  • Yoshi's Fortune
  • Miiverse
  • Suzaku Castle
  • Metal Cavern
  • Saffron City
  • Metroid Lab
  • Princess Peaches Flat Still has hazards ;_;
  • Legal Mushroom Kingdom I
  • Legal Mushroom Kingdom II Still has Birdo+Pidget ;_;
  • Legalish Yoshi's Story
  • HD Fountain of Dreams
  • Dreamland 64 Nightime
  • Restored Smash Wii U Final Destination
  • Skyrule
  • Smashville Fourside
  • High Tide at Great Bay
  • Restored KirbyWare, Inc.
  • Restored legal Green Greens
I'll post pictures later if I can. (I play on Nintendont)
Also, if someone can tell me how to disable stage hazards on Mushroom Kingdom II and Princess Peach's Flat I'd be very grateful. I'd imagine it involves ASM of some sort but I'm willing to learn.
Enjoy.
Yo I'm gonna merge some of these stage descriptions into the next release.
Does a modification exist that fixes Battlefield's jank ledges? I'd be equally happy with one that (A) made the "grab angles" for the ledge right angles instead of acute angles, or (B) made a custom stage design for Battlefield where the ledges are in the same shape as the acute angles mentioned before.
https://smashboards.com/threads/stage-hacking-new-research-documentation.384255/page-3#post-18292085
Is it possible for you to release the code that has to do with the CSS L and R costume toggles?
This is it. It's old and could most certainly use a re-write.
https://www.mediafire.com/?yl6nwu3ll3xnpsm

Achilles1515

Smash Master
You're welcome. I hope the next release is soon enough. Might I request a truly hazardless Princess Peach's Flat and MKII SD Remix? I'm truly hopeless with assembly.
Those stages will not be in the next release, largely due to geometry redundancy, but I added the disabling of their hazards in as custom stage flags for the stage swap engine.

Here is the MCM mod:

Code:
    -==-

Princess Peach's Castle - Disable Bullet and Switches
- custom stage flag (80)
[Zauron, Achilles]
Version -- DOL Offset ------ Hex to Replace ---------- ASM Code
1.02 ----- 0x801CD8A8 --- 7C0802A6 -> Branch

3C808040 8884A2E5
54840631 41820008
4E800020 7C0802A6

-==-

Mushroom Kingdom II - Disable Pidget, Birdo, Logs
- uses custom stage flag (80)
[Flieskiller, Achilles]
Version -- DOL Offset ------ Hex to Replace ---------- ASM Code
1.02 ----- 0x801fcd80 --- 38A00004 -> Branch

3CA08040 88A5A2E5
54A50631 41820014
3CA0801F 60A5CDA4
7CA803A6 4E800020
38A00004 48000000

-==-

pipedreams

Smash Rookie
Gotta say big thanks for this hack pack. The tons of legal stages, rebalanced characters, and improved bots have kept me playing daily! Was wondering though if there were any plans to fix some of the bots behaviors, e.i. they seem to camp ledge with fire stall, and they act straight up wonky on some of the stages (e.i platform hyrule stages the bots will just up b toward the left most corner/ just randomly commit suicide more often. These bots are pretty amazing otherwise though, much better than project m's bots and really make this hack pack more than just "some maps, and some character skins" So i thought Id help address some of their flaws. Thanks so much once again to all who've made this hack possible. Played this game back in 2001 NEVER thought id still be playing it today. Much love guys, made an account just to post this :) <3

Edit: Could Marth and Mario's Side B recovery strat be a thing for bots? Where they kinda use cape/dancing blade to float back. Would be fun to try and edge guard against :)

Last edited:

Jakanoid

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
JAKA#119
NNID
Nesgamer345
Maybe wobbling in the next release? Need to practice against that and when is the next release of the hack pack?

galan0

Smash Rookie
i'm sure with 172 pages these suggestions have been made, but:

- wobbling Ice Climbers
- fix Luigi's recovery
- update Puff (more b-airs and upthrow-rests)
- update Samus/give her a toggle to spam missles (for projectile practice)
- update Peach/give her a toggle to spam turnips (for projectile practice & item catching)
- update Cpt. Falcon (down-B reset recovery if he gets knocked far and high up, maybe have him trigger it when he gets above Top platform height)
- A Random or " ? " button in CSS (maybe press Z on Roy and his name can change to "Random" and when you select a stage it will pick a random character to play against)

Keep up the great work! Looking forward to the new release!

Last edited:

TyroKith

Smash Cadet
- A Random or " ? " button in CSS
I like this idea as well, and if Sheik we're to be given a character select option as well that would round out a rectangular roster quite nicely. Not totally sold on that last part what with Zelda and Sheik being the same legal character, but just a thought. A new split icon for Zelda-Sheik would be cool also. Makes me wonder what official artwork would be used?

Lord Tritone

Smash Rookie
So sometimes I play with my friends casually, and while they LOVE (I mean loooove) all the skin options and stage options in 4.05, we are experiencing a problem with taunting. (Yes, in b4 why would you taunt) I have tried this with D-Pad commands on and off, and have scoured the Debug menu for any sort of solution. Long story short, pressing ^ on the D-Pad no longer triggers a taunt, whether or not D-Pad commands are on. Anyone else had this problem?

Top Bottom