• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

hggb156

Smash Rookie
Any way to add stage skins the same way as battlefield is. The idea is to have random skins on each legal stage

Gehis514

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4004 9260 8249
I was curious about the stage skin toggle as well, if it will be further implemented and such

Meek_

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1134-9016-5234
can anyone upload the 3.02 root files to mediafire for me, it would be super appreciated

Meek_

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1134-9016-5234
Last edited:

ridemyboat

Smash Apprentice
Does Nana DI differently in hack pack if random di is turned on? Also, how does the nana cpu setting behave? If you set the cpu level to 4 with the nana cpu set, will both ice climbers behave like a lvl 4 cpu nana?

SCOP

Smash Rookie
Whenever I attempt to download the root files off of the mediafire link it goes it just says,"preparing download" and then reloads the page. So I can't even download the files at all. Is this just my problem or am I doing something wrong?

Meek_

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1134-9016-5234
thanks condescending dude, i know it's not that hard, i already took care of it

Meek_

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1134-9016-5234
i'll upload it tomorrow for anybody who ends up looking for them

Last edited:

SCOP

Smash Rookie
Whenever I attempt to download the root files off of the mediafire link it goes it just says,"preparing download" and then reloads the page. So I can't even download the files at all. Is this just my problem or am I doing something wrong?
And nevermind it was just my browser being bad. Good times.

Meek_

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1134-9016-5234
thanks condescending dude, i know it's not that hard, i already took care of it
ok i was bluffing, my internet keeps cutting out on the one good download i managed to find so i still need the files in case someone wants to be really cool

demonpirate

Smash Rookie
NNID
Abdullah_2000
3DS FC
1564-3570-9154
So does anyone else's GCR keep freezing?
I extracting the files and when I open up GCR, I click on "Root" then I can't do anything :/
It used to be worse, I couldn't do anything before but now it only lets me click on "Root" then it freezes.
Any help please?

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
So does anyone else's GCR keep freezing?
I extracting the files and when I open up GCR, I click on "Root" then I can't do anything :/
It used to be worse, I couldn't do anything before but now it only lets me click on "Root" then it freezes.
Any help please?
Probably download a new copy of gcr?

Saibot117

Smash Rookie
I need help doing this. Do I download both folders or just the bottom one? I tried doing this, but it just does not work. btw I have only tried doing it with the bottom folder. I have a macbook. I seen a tutorial on this, but it doesn't help out the guy in the video says to get the file replacements, but I can't find them? Also I don't have the newer versions for dolphin I have the second newer version if that makes sense. Help plz :(

Krusteaz

Smash Apprentice
My 20XX freezes when ever Falcon does a gentlemen now, happens on Nintendont and Dolphin.

I get a message with the numbers "8040ba14", is there any way to search for them in a program like DAT Texture wizard or something? I'm pretty sure it must be a texture or something that I messed with, I'm guessing its 80 x 40ba _14?? I have no idea what it would be though

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
I need help doing this. Do I download both folders or just the bottom one? I tried doing this, but it just does not work. btw I have only tried doing it with the bottom folder. I have a macbook. I seen a tutorial on this, but it doesn't help out the guy in the video says to get the file replacements, but I can't find them? Also I don't have the newer versions for dolphin I have the second newer version if that makes sense. Help plz :(
Real simple, just download https://www.mediafire.com/?18yemefba3hx9c9, the second link from the first page, and rebuild using gcr which I believe is included in the the download. It has a README, read it. Somebody else might know if it matter that you are using a mac. You don't need file replacements anymore, it is simple now, just rebuild.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
My 20XX freezes when ever Falcon does a gentlemen now, happens on Nintendont and Dolphin.

I get a message with the numbers "8040ba14", is there any way to search for them in a program like DAT Texture wizard or something? I'm pretty sure it must be a texture or something that I messed with, I'm guessing its 80 x 40ba _14?? I have no idea what it would be though
What types of things you added (codes, textures, etc) and what programs have been using your ISO?

Krusteaz

Smash Apprentice
What types of things you added (codes, textures, etc) and what programs have been using your ISO?
I've only added custom textures to replace the L and R alt skins as well as changed the CSS color to match the skins when you press L and R. Recently I used Crazy Hand to add a fire effect to Falcon's nipple spike, so I think that that may be the culprit.

I've used MeleeToolkit, DAT Texture Wizard and Crazy Hand on the ISO

Edit: I've tried replacing Falcon's .dat with a normal one from a vanilla melee ISO and the problem still occurs

Last edited:

ImaginativeCorp

Smash Rookie
Slightly unrelated, but I can't get 20XX or any other Melee mod for that matter to run on my USB. It's a brand new USB and I simply copied everything from my old USB on to the new one. (the old one was able to boot 20XX).
And it doesn't seem like the USB is incompatible, because I was able to boot and play Mario Party 5 on it.

When I attempt to boot 20XX through Nintendont it pauses on the script "Inititing Storage devices"

*EDIT: well now Mario Party 5 doesn't work.

Saibot117

Smash Rookie
Real simple, just download https://www.mediafire.com/?18yemefba3hx9c9, the second link from the first page, and rebuild using gcr which I believe is included in the the download. It has a README, read it. Somebody else might know if it matter that you are using a mac. You don't need file replacements anymore, it is simple now, just rebuild.
I did it exactly how the README file says and everything and when I am done rebuilding the iso I find it as a document? I don't know why I leave the file as it says to save as iso, but it does not turn out like that. What is going on? Also my banner just says 20XX and not ssbm 20XX not sure if it matters, but I just want to say it

Last edited:

Saibot117

Smash Rookie
I did it exactly how the README file says and everything and when I am done rebuilding the iso I find it as a document? I don't know why I leave the file as it says to save as iso, but it does not turn out like that. What is going on? Also my banner just says 20XX and not ssbm 20XX not sure if it matters, but I just want to say it
Never mind I finally did it. For anyone that is having some problems just save the iso file on your desktop it works better than saving it on a folder because every time I saved the iso file on a folder it did not work and now I saved it on my desktop and it works fine I did the exact thing that I was doing before and it work just save it on your desktop. This is just in case anyone had the same problem as me.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
quick question, in normal melee if all players hold L when loading a stage it'll force the stage to use its alternate music if it has one, and you also have a 12% chance of getting it anyway if you dont hold L
http://supersmashbros.wikia.com/wiki/Alternate_music

in 20xx I cant seem to get alternate stage music to play with either method, was it removed from 20xx?

Shadoninja

Smash Cadet
Awesome work! We now need the most important thing of all, being able to decide DI in training mode!! (With C-stick being available)
THIS. I want to practice combos that rely on bad DI! I would like to be able to engrain it into my head so that I can execute when my opponents make the mistake. Having truly random DI makes these combos much harder (well... random) to practice.

Milun

Smash Ace
My friend and I just spent all night playing 20XX, and it was amazing as usual. We are PAL (Australian) players though, and I think we found some things that (I hope) haven't been reported yet (hope it ain't out of line to report these):

- If you change the game to PAL mode, the hitlag modifier does not change to v1.02 (which is what PAL uses) and must be changed as well. We have quite a few 20XX setups at our local tourneys, and often this is a setting people forget to toggle.

- PAL Stock icons: not really that big a deal, we're just used to them being a lot smaller.

Aside from that it works great! Best hack ever, and one Melee sorely needed.

Anutim

Smash Apprentice
My friend and I just spent all night playing 20XX, and it was amazing as usual. We are PAL (Australian) players though, and I think we found some things that (I hope) haven't been reported yet (hope it ain't out of line to report these):

- If you change the game to PAL mode, the hitlag modifier does not change to v1.02 (which is what PAL uses) and must be changed as well. We have quite a few 20XX setups at our local tourneys, and often this is a setting people forget to toggle.

- PAL Stock icons: not really that big a deal, we're just used to them being a lot smaller.

Aside from that it works great! Best hack ever, and one Melee sorely needed.
You can change it to PAL stock icons though.

MrFluffaWuffakin

Smash Rookie
What is in your apps folder?
Apologies for not responding to this soon enough, it got to the point where I went to game stores to just try to buy the 1.02 melee but no success ;(. Going to go to a weekly today would like to figure this out so I can take this setup. My apps folder has a folder in it called gcmm and I can't delete it which carries boot.dol, a png, and a meta.xml file in it. The other file in the apps folder is diosmios lite_2.11.wad

I tried deleeting gcmm and it wouldn't delete, i'm on a mac because my desktop doesn't have a sd slot so I have to drag it to the trash bin and it says: The item “gcmm” can’t be moved to the Trash because it can’t be deleted.

I have 20xx ready to throw on my sd card but I can't get rid of gcmm, and I'm not trying to re hack my wii to get these files back.

Any help is appreciated, thanks for reading.

Hawkins

Smash Rookie
I'm having trouble with installing the 4.0 update. i downloaded the root files, but when i tried to open the gcr, all i got was a message that there was a problem reading it and that it was incomplete. what am i supposed to do about this? im using a mac if that makes any difference. i already have the 3.02 version but i dont know what to do with it. any help please?

tbird99

Smash Apprentice
Is the 4.04 download still available? I can't find it anywhere. Also, is there a way to turn off the good cpus?

oscat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlnklngmars
3DS FC
0318-9801-6641
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 Here's an idea. Make it so you cycle through alt-textures by pressing "A" on the csp, and maybe even make it so its 3 alts(2 are probably enough, but I love custom textures lol). This will allow you to have both shoulder buttons for actions at css. Maybe "R" for replays, and "L" for song skip(or something else). Just a thought.

Godwin_Point

Smash Cadet
Is the 4.04 download still available? I can't find it anywhere. Also, is there a way to turn off the good cpus?
You could maybe found a mediafire link for the 4.04 patch if you look on this thread at arround the release date.

To get normal cpu again, go to the debug menu, general codes, vs player flag and turn P2 "cpu type" to "normalish"

Top Bottom