• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

D

Deleted member 337186

Achilles1515 Achilles1515 is it possible that you could have the goku falco as an alternate costume in 20XX 4.0 like in 3.02? also, some of the hacked stages/single player stages dont work, like great bay and hacked hyrule temple.

Ed94

Smash Apprentice
Well yes all you would have to do is replace one of falcos skins with the skin of Falco wearing gi.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 337186

Ed94 Ed94 i mean in the final version of 20XX 4.0, instead of people replacing the original falco skin(s), you could just press L or R to have the goku falco skin, like in 3.02.

Last edited by a moderator:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 is it possible that you could have the goku falco as an alternate costume in 20XX 4.0 like in 3.02? also, some of the hacked stages/single player stages dont work, like great bay and hacked hyrule temple.
There are a lot of good textures for [red] Falco, and it's becoming hard to choose which ones should be standard in the pack. The third stage select screen doesn't have everything hooked in yet.
With the discovery of adding new files, it is possible to add anything to the filesystem... granted it doesn't exceed the size specification of a Gamecube ISO. (1.45GB)

That is... the size specification if you don't want things to break.
I would assume so. I've actually never thought of adding arbitrary files in there, but it would be cool to put text files with extra info or something.
Is there a way to turn off CPU's SDI'ing my attacks?
Or, at least I believe they're applying SDI.
It might just be placebo.
Achilles1515 Achilles1515
The SDI is vanilla CPU SDI. There is no way to turn it off at the moment. I started working on a smash DI code a few months ago that allowed this and more, but I ran into a few issues that I have yet to go back and fix..
Maybe I am not doing the right thing with how I organize the save files and 20XXTE Settings, but whenever I go to Name Entry on 20XX Beta 04, it just goes to Name Entry like normal. It doesn't go to 20XXTE or crash or anything like that.
You can't run TE and Beta04 at the same time, but their save files can all be on the same memory card. I need to check and make sure I am not using the same memory card filename as TE's data file, though.
I've got a bug with the newest beta (04). Before, I could set rumble for individual tags in the rumble screen, but now the tags don't even show up. I know the tags are saved, they show up after restarting. Using a wii with nintendont (memory card emulation).
This feature was disabled, to make the extended name tags functionality more stable. You'll need to just turn it by a per player basis.
So how much space does Melee leave us to work with, because I assume the game itself takes up the majority of that?
Last I checked with Beta04, I was a little under ~900 mbs. So I've still got a good chunk available. I think a vanilla Root folder is 1.33 gbs, so they were cutting it close.
Both Nintendont and Dolphin enforce the GC disc size limit strictly, for security reasons. 1.35GiB is the most you can use because of that. However, removing videos from the ISO does free up a fair bit of space, and I'm sure 1P mode stuff could be removed if need be.
http://smashboards.com/threads/mele...-here-in-the-op.247119/page-117#post-18822344
I can't believe this was almost a year ago...
This is the thread with the info dude. Honestly if you want the most features, you're better off with v3.02 for right now because it has more stuff in regards to actual practice. (Shiek will never transform into Zelda, spacies can apply shine pressure, etc.). Beta04 has a lot of new features (for custom music and new color overlays and stuff like that), but several old features have yet to return. Anyways, it is possible to run 20XXTE from beta04, you just run it the way you normally would on a vanilla ISO, just do it on the 20XX ISO. Easy as that.
No.
Is there a thread where it lists all of the features, and I mean ALL features in beta04, and how to use them? I just downloaded it, and its really cool, I just have no idea what I'm doing. Also, is it possible to run 20XX TE from 20XX Hack Pack beta 04? I read something about that earlier and if I could that would be fantastic.
All of the Beta features have not been listed, nor does a true list exist at the moment. I want to wait till I get more completed before taking the time to do that. I realize this is not necessarily the best decision, but I'm still in the slow process of adding and changing things.

Last edited:

RedGamer

Smash Ace
Hey everyone! Big Shoutouts to achilles and everyone else working on 20xx. You guys rock!

I'm just here to ask if there's a list of files used for the alt costume slots in 4.0 because I'd like to replace quite a few...

Big ups and thanks again you guys!

Achilles1515

Smash Master
:( Is there any chance of it returning? It's extremely useful for how my friends and I play friendlies
Not right now. I would have to change the location of the rumble flag for name tags because the extended name tags can overwrite the vanilla rumble flag. I changed this location in 3.02, but I did it kind of willy nilly without making sure it was totally good. I might look back into it eventually. Thankfully, you can just hit D-Pad Down to go straight to the Rumble Screen now.
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 also why is the IfAll.usd split into two .usd's in 4.0 Beta04? i'm having trouble having both a custom "Ready? Go! Game!" and @MagicScrumpy 's "Shine Insignia"...
IfAl0.usd is the vanilla file. IfAl1.usd is the file that gets used when "PAL Stock Icon Size" is enabled, although I'd like to remove this second file and subsequent Debug Menu option, and just make a "stock icon scale modifier" instead. Another thing I just haven't gotten around to doing. I would suggest opening the custom file up in DAT Texture Wizard, extracting out the texture, then overwriting the vanilla textures in IfAl0.usd with your custom ones.
@Kitsune91
Are the character codes from 3.02 going to be added? And the spoof controller and control all humans option?
Character are planned to eventually make a return, they're just not high on the priority list. Spoof controller and control all humans can be enabled in Debug Menu --> General Codes --> VS Melee Player Flags. It's more in depth though, and any player can control any other player.

Last edited:

Ataxia

Smash Rookie
I can not seem to get hacked stages to load when hitting down-dpad on the CSS. Rumble pops up but the SSS doesn't change afterward. Am I doing something wrong?

Ataxia

Smash Rookie
I have pressed it there, but none of the stage pictures change. Aren't they supposed to?

GudPiggeh

Smash Rookie
I tried 2 versions of 20xx but they did not work on my gamecube (xenogc. i don't have a memory card.) after the game asking me if i want to continue without saving it freezes. silly melee, a mod of 20xx, does work though for some reason.

Fishaman P

Smash Apprentice
I tried 2 versions of 20xx but they did not work on my gamecube (xenogc. i don't have a memory card.) after the game asking me if i want to continue without saving it freezes. silly melee, a mod of 20xx, does work though for some reason.
Try rebuilding the ISO with 32k file alignment. I had the same issue launching 3.01 from Swiss.

moimoi

Smash Rookie
Hey, guys. I need help. When playing against the P2 CPU, when i press L + DP LEFT, it makes him stand there and not shield. What do I do?

pipN

Smash Rookie
Hey, guys. I need help. When playing against the P2 CPU, when i press L + DP LEFT, it makes him stand there and not shield. What do I do?
Are you using 20XX 4.0 or 3.2? The former has no CPU actions but 3.2 does.

Foxco

Smash Cadet
Guys PLEASE look through the thread before asking these questions. These have been answered on multiple occasions and users should not have to re-answers questions each day because of others laziness. The CPU toggles are not yet in 4.0 as it is a beta and they will be later added to the final version.

OmnipotentSpoon

Smash Cadet
I just want to say that sudden death for the hacked stage played on the gamecube in the middle of Luigi's Break the Target is to actually play Luigi's BtT. Whoever hits the last target wins. It's pretty great.
Also are the modified SDR falcon/shiek going to stay in or will they be the actual SDR versions later? I'll admit that CC shine to knee and using shiek's down throw to send Marth off the other side of FD at like 60% are fun.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Will it be possible to link custom shield colours with nametags?
No, but I like the idea. Maybe way down in the future though.
Does anyone know the song pack that came with this version of 20XX? My friend has the same one but he doesn't know where he got it either.
There is no "pack", or at least I've never seen anything advertised as such. Someone just put whatever music they wanted into an ISO and then distributed it. Stormghetti is talking about the 4.0 Beta that has custom music added to the game, with playlists for stages available in the Debug Menu.
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 Can you add a toggle about frame speed modifiers for SDRemix characters?
Are you talking about having Debug Menu text that describes the SDR frame speed mod changes? If so, some of the current descriptions already cover those details.

Itaru

MasterGanon
Are you talking about having Debug Menu text that describes the SDR frame speed mod changes? If so, some of the current descriptions already cover those details.
MasterGanon is installed in my 20XX rom instead of SDRemix Ganon. But, UpTilt is very slow. So, I want to remove Speed mod for SDRemix.

oscat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlnklngmars
3DS FC
0318-9801-6641
I noticed that when using the SDremix version of spacies, their shines are reversed, was this intentional? lol

imaginary

Smash Rookie
I'm guessing the answer to this question is no, but I'll ask anyway; is hackpack code available anywhere online? Is there anyway coders who also happen to be part of the smash community can contribute besides reporting bugs?

Are there any plans to make the project open source? Any legal reasons stopping this?

SinsOfApathy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Psion312
I'm guessing the answer to this question is no, but I'll ask anyway; is hackpack code available anywhere online? Is there anyway coders who also happen to be part of the smash community can contribute besides reporting bugs?

Are there any plans to make the project open source? Any legal reasons stopping this?
No, but Achilles posts most of the code as seperate, bite-size functions. Plus, most of us here with knowledge of Melee can easily just see what's been changed either with a diffing tool or knowing that the rest of what Achilles writes is going to be in the free space available on the ROM. (Or in the memory card region, in the case of memory card payload.)

Plus, I'd say releasing the source would basically start Repack nomsense that really isn't necessary.

Acryte

Smash Ace
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 Have you managed to isolate the random character select screen freezing issue? That thing kills momentum and detracts from the appreciation of the mod. (I'm still in beta03 I think so idk if that was fixed or not).

Last edited:

Ed94

Smash Apprentice
I noticed the 20xx update 4.0 beat04 has multiple selections for widescreen support. Do those those differ in any way from the codes made by Dan Salvato or the ones posted on the Melee Gecko Codes page?

Also no-hud (x+D pad down) and widescreen codes do not play well with each other, after a few seconds of play. The screen will revert back to standard aspect ratio mid match. Its seems to happen every time the screen flash effect happens.

Also once this occurs the only way to revert back to widescreen ingame is to start a new match, but now its glitched until restart to only work with no hud on, and will go back to normal aspect ratio once the flash happens again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom