• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 2013 Fort Worth Classic - SoCal Rep Possible! - July 20th, 2013 - Fort Worth, TX

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman

The Road to Whobo 5
Makes A Stop At:

The Venue:

La Quinta Inns and Suites Fort Worth/Lake Worth
5800 Quebec Street
Fort Worth, TX 76135

The Fort Worth Classic returns to the La Quinta Inns and Suites just outside of Lake Worth, TX. This venue was chosen, not only because were they hospitable to our racket the last time back in 2011, but it will be suitable for a larger tournament, and it will provide more dedicated space for the tournament as compared to Evolution Games(sorry).

Date: July 20th, 2013(one week AFTER Evo. This was my call.)

Festivities Start with Warm Ups/Money Matches at 11:00 AM.​

____________________________________________ _

Warning! The Fort Worth Classic is NOT a bank! Please Bring exact change to this event because I know that one of you will bring a $100 bill and mess with the math and the pot calculations!

Venue: $8

NOTE: Brawl participants must pay a $2 WHOBO fee that will be added to venue fee.

Bring a complete setup(see below), knock $5 off your venue fee.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Singles: $10
Doubles: $20/Team
Crews: $5/person

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition version 2012(on Xbox)
Singles: $10

SIDE EVENT:

Low Tier Regular Brawl
Singles: $3

Super Smash Bros. 64
Singles: $5

32 man cap Project M
Singles: $5

___________________________________________ _

If you want housing, please make a post in this thread! Or you can do the decent thing and actually reserve a room at the venue. Rooms start at $89 a night plus taxes for double occupancy. If you do go this route, please reserve here: Linky

There is no group rate this time around.

___________________________________________ _

Please bring as many set ups as you can(Wii/TV/SSBB/some form of power cable). Having enough setups will make or break a tournament.

______________________________________ _

For Street Fighter and Low Tier Brawl:

If there is less than 32 players
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

If there is more than 32 players

1st=48%
2nd=22%
3rd=14%
4th=8%
5th=4%
5th=4%

For Brawl Singles:

For 49 players or less:

1st=48%
2nd=22%
3rd=14%
4th=8%
5th=4%
5th=4%

For 50 players or more:

1st=40%
2nd=21%
3rd=15%
4th=10%
5th=5%
5th=5%
7th=2%
7th=2%

Payout for 2vs2

1st=45%
2nd=25%
3rd=15%
4th=10%
5th(x2)=2.5%

For Smash 64:

If Brackets are formed

If there is a Round Robin
1st: 70%

For Project M:

If we meet our cap

1st=45%
2nd=25%
3rd=15%
4th=10%
5th(x2)=2.5%

__________________________________________________ _

See the main Road to WHOBO thread for rules.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=15164916

Street Fighter will be governed by EVO standard.

Smash 64 will be governed by the 64BR Suggested rules

Project M will be governed by the ruleset of Low Tier City.

Also, if any event is over 32 players, I will form pools.

___________________________________________________ _

VOLUNTEERS

I will be expecting around 40+ players. This will be too many players to manage by myself. Thus I will need a few judges around as volunteers. Please reply to this thread if you wish to volunteer your services for the tournament. I'm looking for five people max.

___________________________________________________ _

If you somehow get lost, I will post a cell number as we get closer to the tournament due to no working cell. This is due to the fact that I personally don't have a working cell at the moment, and I will be getting one ASAP.

Follow The Fort Worth Classic on Facebook @TheFortWorthClassic

Or on twitter @Sanjihimura. Every Fort Worth Classic post will bear the hashtag #FWC.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman

4/26/2013 12:15 am - New Brawl Tier list came out. We will be using version 8 for Low Tier Brawl Singles. This means that the only characters that are legal for the tournament will be Mario, Samus, Bowser, Captain Falcon, Link, Jigglypuff, Zelda, Ganondorf.

I am also considering canceling as a whole the Beat the Pro Money match. While yes, it would be nice to have it, circumstances beyond my control may prevent me from getting a pro lined up for the event, especially this close after EVO.

4/26/2013 2:07 pm - Edited the Low Tier list to exclude Luigi, Pokemon Trainer and Lucas.

4/26/2013 2:30 pm - Pre-registration to all events is now open. Please see post 25 for more information. Also, warm your twitter feed up, because rather than raising my voice and losing patience because of the loud noise, I will tweet the entire tournament.

Updated bracket images will be posted every 30 minutes, Every time there is a match winner, a Tweet will be sent out for that, and I will call two matches as a lead in so that you are prepared for your match when it comes up on the bracket. If you haven't already, and if my dictatorial tone hasn't clued you in already, follow @Sanjihimura to get glued to tournament news, and stay following so that you can follow the bracket.

6/17/2013 10:11 pm - With the announcement that the Project M portion of the tournament is canceled, I have decided to replace the game with Brawl Crews and Street Fighter IV AE. I will continue to support Project M in the future, however, this isn't the time or the place to discuss my reasons why I decided to cancel. If it affects your decision to attend, you have my sincere apologies.

7/8/2013 1:07 pm - Maybe I was a bit premature on the demise of Project M in the FWC. However with Low Tier City around the corner, I have decided to implement a 32 man cap tournament as a warm up for that tournament. Spots will be distributed on a first come, first serve basis. Also on the docket is the addition of a Smash 64 event. $5 entry to both events.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
Oh, Xyro, PM me your shirt size. I'm making everyone involved in the tournament wear a Tournament branded shirt done at my expense as a way to denote staff. Since I know that you will more likely help me seed the bracket/pools, your Staff buddy.

D

Deleted member

This is an hour from me, if I can get a ride, I'll go!

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
Okay hotshots in the NE and elsewhere(and you know who you are):

Let's face it, July is the month for Melee. I, however, have a Brawl tournament in July. If you are brave enough to come and brave this crazy Texas weather, the week after EVO, AND at three months notice, I have a deal for you.

As things stand now, I have a $10 venue fee, and that includes the circuit fee. $5 will pay for the room, $2 will go to the circuit, which leaves me $3 to play around with. I can do one or two things with it, pocket it, or give it out as potentially the biggest bonus pot in Fort Worth Classic history.

The bonus pot will be winner take all, if any of you have the guts, so it will all go to first place.

All you have to do is to buy a plane ticket. Is that so simple?

That is all

Sanji Himura
President
Fort Worth Classic

Darkgun

Smash Journeyman
Going to look into going to this. As a note, it seems as though your linky in housing seems broken. Additionally, though this is might possibly change, a friend of mine and I are just short of the TVs for setups, so if you've got an extra or two, you've got a party.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
I'll see if I can't get the housing link fixed within three or so hours. I have church. As far as TV's go, I have a big 21" and a 27", but they both won't fit in my car at the same time. I will bring the 21" as a dedicated set up for Project M, but on the other hand, I probably can't bring my 27" because it is too heavy for one person. Savvy?

D

Deleted member

I'm going to bring a setup, extra sd card that turns a wii into a setup with infinite replays, hd pvr that will be used for the stream AND will have local recordings in case the stream doesn't turn out well, and the hd pvr is using s-video.
The venue fee might be a ***** because I'm starting to add up these monies and its looking like alot. There really aren't any discounts... are there?
My shirt size for this is adults medium (I think)
Now the real question... Who wants to drive me to this? 2404 Reston Drive, McKinney, Texas 75070.

D

Deleted member

5 for venue, 10 for singles, 5 for pm singles, 10 for food... only 30. I could either get doubles for brawl, or pay for something else like gas.
Seriously, who can drive me? We should start a carpool.

D

Deleted member

Oh, cosmic, you're going to this. $10 best of 5 money match

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
You don't want it Zach. Cosmo is a PROdigy!

I really am sick of only going to tourneys I'm hosting.
If you need my help and I can make it, I'm down. Ill check my schedule

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
LOE1 the lugund come to this <3

it's iffy lol. I'm going to camp on the 21st. Might still make this because YOLO but you know

D

Deleted member

You don't want it Zach. Cosmo is a PROdigy!
He's been to 1 tourney, I can't call him a pro just yet. But someday he could be. MM me to prove that you're a pro
Oh and leo1, I think we played on wifi once. You seemed like a good wario, I want to play some friendlies :)

LOE1

Smash Lord
if i go, i'll accept all Money Matches. Also gonna team with Cosmo if i go :p

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
yeah i totally agree. Luigi/PT and not low tier and never will be. Lucas could go either way but since hes there with PT/luigi, leave him in mid tier too. this new tier list is BAD.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
Pre-registration is now open guys. Reserve your spot on the bracket today just by filling out this simple form:

Alias
Email (if you wish to receive future Fort Worth Classic adverts and news)
Location for seeding
Games to be entered.
Characters to be used(grouped by game) (optional)

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
Labernash will have a liscense by this event so we MAYYYYY make it. but still, it's literally like we're going to camp the day after this. It's iffy lol

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
Special Akon Deal

Going to Akon or any other anime convention between now and the tournament? Show the badge that you got from the convention and refer a friend(who also shows a con badge), and your friend pays $1 for singles. You won't get the discount if your friend is on any Power ranking lists.​

List of acceptable cons:

Akon (Dallas)
Anime Overload (Austin)
Delta H Con (Houston)
Omnicon (McAllen) (Must bring proof of con registration)
San Japan (San Antonio) (Must bring proof of Con Registration)
Oni-Con (Galveston) (Must bring proof of Con registration)

Darkgun

Smash Journeyman
I might as well take a moment to Preregister.

Darkgun
Opt Out
Stephenville, Tx [Also read as: "Location? Hah, what's that?"]
Project M Singles [May look into figurin' out some Brawl Singles while I'm at it.]
:lucario: for great justice.

I may have the TV situation sorted out as well, at least for myself. Now the adventure is going to be carrying the darned thing.

D

Deleted member

****, this is the Whobo ruleset, so is this metaknight banned?

ZachAttax64
McKinney, TX
Brawl Singles, ProjectM Singles, Low Tier Singles. (I don't think I even want to do dubs lol

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
No. This is MK legal. While WHOBO 5 itself is MK banned, the road to it is MK legal. Since I am the only one left on the road, I will preserve "the road" rules of a modified Unity ruleset. Now I don't really care if I lose Houston in the process for attendance, but, frankly speaking, they have refused to support the other events in the circuit just because it wasn't MK banned while they do show for local events.

That is playing a hypocrite.

D

Deleted member

Houston didn't show up to Tyler 4 iirc, and they haven't shown up to other stuff from what I've heard.
Yay, Metaknight! I don't understand why people can't stand him. He's not that bad.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Houston sent like 10 people to a 30 man tournament in Dallas in feb. with MK legal.

Houston missed the tyler event because last minute things came up with the carpool drivers and tyler has no megabus service. Like a dozen of us were confirmed for Nikefest and Revolution but you folks cancelled so don't blame anything on Houston's lack of support.

At this point its like you just make stuff up Sanji. The only local event we had was a random 2 dollar tournament that happened because sync's apartment on tuesday has a bigger smash scene than tyler.

D

Deleted member

Too bad I can't go to Houston, but at least that will give me time to practice and might bring a setup.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
Houston sent like 10 people to a 30 man tournament in Dallas in feb. with MK legal.

Houston missed the tyler event because last minute things came up with the carpool drivers and tyler has no megabus service. Like a dozen of us were confirmed for Nikefest and Revolution but you folks cancelled so don't blame anything on Houston's lack of support.

At this point its like you just make stuff up Sanji. The only local event we had was a random 2 dollar tournament that happened because sync's apartment on tuesday has a bigger smash scene than tyler.
May I bring your own words into the conversation?

We refuse to support MK legal tournaments any longer.
It is kind of hard not to ignore the elitism that oozes out of them when the whole point of the circuit is to generate one last push for Brawl before Smash 4 comes out.

That said, did I not once mention about the troubles about Houston had about getting drivers to Tyler? How about the fact that Tyler has no Megabus service? The answer to both questions is a resounding no. Did that mean that I wasn't sympathetic to the plight? No.

I was simply calling Houston out on a general statement that you yourself made. Was it accurate to apply it to Tyler? You yourself is applying it as an excuse.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Every time you post I feel like this is your first time on the internet. Somehow you would believe one comment made by 1 person to sum up how and entire scene feels.

You really believed 1 comment I made (which was a joke that only you took seriously) over the fact that Houston does attend these tournaments and I myself have travelled alone to Dallas, San Antonio and New Orleans for small MK legal events.

In fact one of the only MK players in the city wasn't interested in going so we didn't go.

Did you even ask anyone why Houston didn't attend or was my 1 line of text all you wanted to hear?

LOE1

Smash Lord
still dont quite understand why people are still talking about mk ban lol.

Top Bottom