• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 20 Costume Project [27/41] **UPDATE - Pikachu Completed

Shren

Smash Journeyman
So this means that the coding for this project is almost finished right? Hopefully Star ☆ Star ☆ will be motivated to finish now!
Hopefully Quickdraw top hat Dedede, Shadow Mewtwo, El Globo Puff, Astronaut Olimar, Bad Ending / Zombie Olimar recolors, and the still being made Subsitute plush Ivysaur gets finalized for this project.

Last edited:

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
The coding is almost done but there is still a lot of aesthetic work to do. Some stuff hasn't been posted in this thread but there is still 3-5 more months of work, I'd estimate. Once I can start testing some more things ingame I'll be able to give a more accurate time frame.

Last edited:

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Did you just say "Substitute plush Ivysaur"???????

SQUEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though, I'd find a way to make Ivy my main if this happened :)

Shren

Smash Journeyman
How much more progress has been made so far? It's gotten awfully quiet.

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
i haven't had a chance to send star the beta version of the build yet, but when i do get a chance to do so, i would assume that he'll post an update.

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
How is this project coming along? This thread has been quiet lately.
How much more progress has been made so far? It's gotten awfully quiet.
Is the project still being worked on? It's been quiet recently.

/s
i haven't had a chance to send star the beta version of the build yet, but when i do get a chance to do so, i would assume that he'll post an update.
I will be doing some things once Pyotr sends me the beta version of the build however major progress probably won't get into full swing until June at the earliest; I've been very busy with IRL things since March and I'm going to America for a month in early May. Once I get back I can start getting down to business with finishing everything.

Don't worry about me dropping it; that'll never happen. I've put too much effort into this to let it go to waste, it's just on the down low in terms of my priorities in my life right now and progress will resume when I have the time.

Sorry for keeping you all in the dark.

Last edited:

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Hopefully Quickdraw top hat Dedede, Shadow Mewtwo, El Globo Puff, Astronaut Olimar, Bad Ending / Zombie Olimar recolors, and the still being made Subsitute plush Ivysaur gets finalized for this project.
El Globo Puff?? Quickdraw top hat D3?? What are these things? Also I'm def adding Astronaut Olimar to my own build... maybe Zombie-mar too

Szion

Smash Journeyman
sweet lord those excalibur recolors.. are these costumes available at all atm tho

Last edited:

Shren

Smash Journeyman
So how's Samus and updated list for ZSS in your upcoming build using Pyotr's soon to be released 20 CP tools? The image I have is my organized version. (though work will still be needed...Especially since one red alt...) But I think I got a good set so far...

Attachments

Your Face

Smash Apprentice
Is there any reason you included orange OoT Link instead of a white costume?

PeachyCoke

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2981-8066-3180
So how's Samus and updated list for ZSS in your upcoming build using Pyotr's soon to be released 20 CP tools? The image I have is my organized version. (though work will still be needed...Especially since one red alt...) But I think I got a good set so far...
This looks awesome and also fits Star's theme of using already existing alts and recoloring them. I also really love that red Samus since I don't like how her actual "red" is actually pink.

One question though, is this already a thing or is it a concept?

Shren

Smash Journeyman
This looks awesome and also fits Star's theme of using already existing alts and recoloring them. I also really love that red Samus since I don't like how her actual "red" is actually pink.

One question though, is this already a thing or is it a concept?
I've been gathering my own list of stuff, but still missing some stuff for what would make my own personal 20 build complete.

Caspid

Smash Rookie
This is the best project I've ever seen. Can't wait for the final product.

Zouingo

Smash Rookie
Is the whole project still alive? If so, is it a build you guys are doing? And would it require more than a 2gbs sd card to fit every skin?

Shren

Smash Journeyman
Is the whole project still alive? If so, is it a build you guys are doing? And would it require more than a 2gbs sd card to fit every skin?
Pyotr, the guy who's doing the bulk of the codes, is on vacation at the moment.

PeachyCoke

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2981-8066-3180
Last I heard the codes were basically finished. I would be surprised if there wasn't an update in the next 3 weeks.

PeachyCoke

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2981-8066-3180
I just want to point out that both black Link costumes are not Dark Link. The Brawl recolor is based on the Interlopers from Twilight Princess, and the OoT black Link costume is based on the tunics aquired via GameShark codes. Yes it matters and yes I'm a nerd.

Also, I realized that with 20 costumes scrolling through them could become a hassle. What if there were a way to skip from 1 to 6 to 11 to 16 and back to 1 again? Maybe via the D pad (disabling it for cursor movement like how some people disable it on the SSS to give more ASL options) or by holding X or Y. Idk just a random thought I had that might be worth looking into. Star ☆ Star ☆

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
Also, I realized that with 20 costumes scrolling through them could become a hassle. What if there were a way to skip from 1 to 6 to 11 to 16 and back to 1 again? Maybe via the D pad (disabling it for cursor movement like how some people disable it on the SSS to give more ASL options) or by holding X or Y. Idk just a random thought I had that might be worth looking into. Star ☆ Star ☆
I believe the code will work by using the L and/or R buttons to switch between the first set of ten costumes and the second set.

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Last I heard the codes were basically finished. I would be surprised if there wasn't an update in the next 3 weeks.
The code that Pyotr sent me a couple of months ago has quite a bit of problems so I haven't made any progress since then. He's on holiday apparently so nothing will move forward until he gets back.
Dpad is used to select shield colour. I've suggested L and R for costume jumping to Pyotr before and it might be implemented.

Last edited:

LiveWire-93

Smash Cadet
Are any of the costumes you've shown available for download? I'm really liking that Funky clothes DK.

Obskore

Smash Ace
The code that Pyotr sent me a couple of months ago has quite a bit of problems so I haven't made any progress since then. He's on holiday apparently so nothing will move forward until he gets back.

Dpad is used to select shield colour. I've suggested L and R for costume jumping to Pyotr before and it might be implemented.
20XX STYLE SHIELD COLOR SELECT?
SIGN ME UP

KuroKairaku

Smash Cadet
Man its been a long time coming. How is this project holding up? Doesn't seem done just yet.

Windhunter7

Smash Apprentice
Ooh, the mods look good, but even better looking is the code, which is exactly what I've been looking for. Do you mind if (After the code is completed), I use the code for my own project, and then collab you guys? Because, right now, I'm working on a gigantic project, which will involve a massive amount of costumes. If you guys agree to it, I'll also advertise your project on my website, too, which is where I'll be advertising my project. If you're interested, please contact me.

I'd offer to help code it, but right now, I've only gotten decent at Java and beginner learner at Python, so I still have a lot to learn regarding programming. Especially with hex. Like, I know a little bit about hexadecimal, but not much.

Obskore

Smash Ace
Ooh, the mods look good, but even better looking is the code, which is exactly what I've been looking for. Do you mind if (After the code is completed), I use the code for my own project, and then collab you guys? Because, right now, I'm working on a gigantic project, which will involve a massive amount of costumes. If you guys agree to it, I'll also advertise your project on my website, too, which is where I'll be advertising my project. If you're interested, please contact me.

I'd offer to help code it, but right now, I've only gotten decent at Java and beginner learner at Python, so I still have a lot to learn regarding programming. Especially with hex. Like, I know a little bit about hexadecimal, but not much.
Brawl codes are done primarily in Assembly and Power PC (then coverted to hex)

Windhunter7

Smash Apprentice
Don't know much about Assembly; the closest I ever got to that low of a level was MARIE; and tbh, I've never even heard of that other one

Shren

Smash Journeyman
Some of the costume choices have not aged well... Mostly thanks to Smash 2, Brawl Minus, and Legacy TE.

PeachyCoke

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2981-8066-3180
Which ones in particular did you have in mind?

Also, I wish Star would go with Legacy's version of the Rosalina Peach costume since it has the right hair.

PeachyCoke

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2981-8066-3180
Is any progress being made on this project? Is Pyotr ever going to turn up again? What about the droid attack on the Wookiees?

Shren

Smash Journeyman
Using SJS, Legacy, and Nanobuds Renders, I've had enough time to come up with another 20 set whilst waiting, and I kept the PM order for the first 6 (Then red, green, (The brown one is serving that role) blue, (White is serving as blue) and yellow for the remaining 4) on the default and then using the PM order for the first 2 of the armored alt (the purple is serving as the red recolor) due to a certain Shiny entrance mod:
20 costume Charizard.png
I also used the WIIU Mega Charizard X with my own recolors that are still in the working faze.

Top Bottom