• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 20 Costume Project [27/41] **UPDATE - Pikachu Completed

PeachyCoke

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2981-8066-3180
Yeah, I know that Secret Taunt but I don't remember on how to activate it
Press B when Squirtle lands during up taunt.
Star ☆ Star ☆ what a big problem, I have thinking some costumes for the unrevealed characters (but we need some peoples to help on the import and model edit)

Samus and ZSS: Retro Suit Samus and Justin Bailey as the 1st alt costume and Fusion Suit as the 2nd alt
Fox and Falco: Their Assault appereance would fit better
Pikachu: Pikachu Libre would work as a 2nd alt
Bowser: His Skylander appereance probably can fit (I guess there's more better alts for Bowser)
Squirtle: Shades on... probably not gonna work
Ivysaur: A mage costume and a synthetic costume
Diddy Kong: A DK Jr. probably work or not
King Dedede: His Quickdraw appereance (the Western style done by TOCK)
Jigglypuff: El Globo costume would work as one of the alt costumes
ROB: Virtual Boy ROB and Wii ROB recolors are the fastest way to done
Wario: If you're gonna use his classic appereance, you should remove 1 color of the Biker one (orange or black), his 2nd alt costume probably can be Dr. Wario or some costume used on Wario: Master of Disguise

No idea for Olimar

Well, that was all I had though
I like this idea. Some of my thoughts:

If possible, why not just include all of the Pikachu costumes found in ORAS? Could be faster if someone can rip them from the games and all of the team colors should be there if I'm remembering them correctly.

Could Dixie Kong work? I don't really care much about Diddy's alts, though I do like the one with the shades.

Not a big fan of El Globo but if Star decides to put it in his pack I won't argue. It may just need a cool recolor or something for me to like it. What I would like however is for headband Jigglypuff to be one of, if not the only, alt for Jiggs. Green would be default and then there would also be a red, blue, black, etc.

Agreed with ROB, though I would suggest keeping a dark theme for the Virtual Boy set, using the colors as highlights. Similarly, use a light theme for the Wii set.

I really want this Tycoon Wario concept as a second alt for Wario: https://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/5eb6kw/costume_concept_art_tycoon_wario_warioware_diy/

I really hope Star or someone else decides to touch up the color on Bowser. I'm not saying to make him look cartoonish since that would look out of place in Brawl/PM, but his colors are seriously dull and washed out.

A small nitpick but Star ☆ Star ☆ did you adjust Peach's parasols to better match her costumes? I'm specifically bothered by her red costume as the parasol is much lighter red (almost pink) than her dress. Also her dress seems too saturated compared to her other costumes. Maybe it's just me but if you have the time I ask that you look into it.

KuroKairaku

Smash Cadet
It looks like there's no update for a long time... we cannot lose hope on this project

KuroKairaku KuroKairaku , I feel so lovely about this Funky Kong HD Cosmetics using my recolors (but not mentioning me)
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=213533
Months later, still juggling alot of stuff, didn't realize I didn't mention you. I mean I was so focused on making sure I dont piss off anyone again like I normally do somehow, by crediting the right peopel that I must of assumed the recolors where also by tock. Even though I clearly linked to YOUR recolours, where no one would even be able to use my cosmetics without them also having to go to page to download.

by Jan 05 2017 I shall make amends. Sorry... Its been fixed, even remove the lower image. Sorry for that.

... Ive been busy ....

I actually lost motivation for continuing my work as well.... Dono why but I just have no desire too do something else. I've been far more enjoying rendering wallpaper stuff. I guess before when I made these, I had a promise of it making it into something, like LXP or LTE or something.

Last edited:

The Peacekeeper

Smash Cadet
So I saw a mention of your 20 costume project on /R/Custom Smash and I had to see what this was all about.

It looks amazing, you've made some great choices in cosmetics and they all fit rather nicely. I wish you well with your project.

ALSO YOU ADDED MY REMILIA SCARLET META KNIGHT SKIN TO YOUR BUILD?! OUT OF ALL THE SKINS ON THE VAULT, YOU PICK MINE?! DO YOU KNOW HOW COOL THAT IS?!

So yea, thank you very much!

...touhou hijack lol

Last edited:

Obskore

Smash Ace
So I saw a mention of your 20 costume project on /R/Custom Smash and I had to see what this was all about.

It looks amazing, you've made some great choices in cosmetics and they all fit rather nicely. I wish you well with your project.

ALSO YOU ADDED MY REMILIA SCARLET META KNIGHT SKIN TO YOUR BUILD?! OUT OF ALL THE SKINS ON THE VAULT, YOU PICK MINE?! DO YOU KNOW HOW COOL THAT IS?!

So yea, thank you very much!

...touhou hijack lol
i know how you feel, some of the recolors used are from Project Mirage (purple / dark blue / grays), a project that i started and was never really completed

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Any new costumes?
I think it may be Rip :/
any plans to release any of the completed content? a TON of it is super nice
No way is this project RIP, this is hundreds of hours of work and I would never let this go to waste. There is completed stuff that I haven't posted yet and Pyotr and I are still working closely together on the code. More aesthetic work will resume once the code gets further along and I can test/fix up existing costumes.

Nothing will be released until the whole project is done. Sorry that we haven't posted much in the last two months, both Pyotr and I have been very busy with IRL responsibilities.

ThatsBullocks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BullockDS
For OoT Link, if I may chime in, I think his white Melee costume would work better than the Mango costume; I do believe that Moe has made such a costume with cosmetics.

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
For OoT Link, if I may chime in, I think his white Melee costume would work better than the Mango costume; I do believe that Moe has made such a costume with cosmetics.
If i could also chime in, i think his skyward sword appearance should get 4 costumes as well because there are a lot of SS link mods out there.

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Pikachu is done!

Costume No.|Costume Na.|Made By|Recoloured By|Description
1|Brawl Design|N/A|N/A|Pikachu's Default Costume
2 [RED] |Brawl Design|N/A|N/A|Red's Hat
3 [GREEN] |Brawl Design|N/A|N/A|Brendan's Headband
4 [BLUE] |Brawl Design|N/A|N/A|Pichu's Goggles
5 [BLUE] |Brawl Design|N/A|N/A|Original Design
6 [GREEN] |Brawl Design|Gentlemen Potato|N/A|Original Design
7|Brawl Design|Bizzozeron|N/A|May's Headband
8 [RED] |Brawl Design|PMDT|N/A|Original Design
9|Brawl Design|Smash 3C|Lilfut, Star|Original Design
10|Brawl Design|Starwaffle|N/A|Female Pikachu
11|Party Hat|PMDT|Star|Party Hat Default Costume
12 [RED] |Party Hat|PMDT|Star|Based on N64 Colour
13 [BLUE] |Party Hat|PMDT|Star|Based on N64 Colour
14 [GREEN] |Party Hat|PMDT|Star|Based on N64 Colour
15|Party Hat|PMDT|Star|Original Design
16|Libre Suit|KTH|N/A|Libre Default Costume
17 [GREEN] |Libre Suit|KTH|Moe|Original Design
18 [BLUE] |Libre Suit|KTH|Moe|Original Design
19 [RED] |Libre Suit|KTH|Moe|Original Design
20|Libre Suit|KTH|Moe|Original Design
Credits to DavidvKimball for the Party Hat Render and LJStar/Moe for the Libre Render!

As we near the end of the project there will be more characters that follow Pit and Peach's lead with their first alt consisting of extended recolours of an existing costume. Pikachu is one of them; It's recolours are based off Smash 64's colours. Pikachu may also be the only character with 4 selectable sets of team colours.

Originally I wanted to release Pikachu alongside some other characters but it's been so long since an update I figured I would publish him now to get hype going for the project again. Progress is still moving along and there are several other characters on the cusp of being finished. I've also gone over a few characters and altered/switched out some of the newer costumes. I'll update this thread with new content once I feel it's ready. Hope you guys enjoy!

Last edited:

Pikifan4IndigoCobra57

Smash Apprentice
Pikachu is done!

Costume No.|Costume Na.|Made By|Recoloured By|Description
1|Brawl Design|N/A|N/A|Pikachu's Default Costume
2 [RED] |Brawl Design|N/A|N/A|Red's Hat
3 [GREEN] |Brawl Design|N/A|N/A|Brendan's Headband
4 [BLUE] |Brawl Design|N/A|N/A|Pichu's Goggles
5 [BLUE] |Brawl Design|N/A|N/A|Original Design
6 [GREEN] |Brawl Design|Gentlemen Potato|N/A|Original Design
7|Brawl Design|Bizzozeron|N/A|May's Headband
8 [RED] |Brawl Design|PMDT|N/A|Original Design
9|Brawl Design|Smash 3C|Lilfut, Star|Original Design
10|Brawl Design|Starwaffle|N/A|Female Pikachu
11|Party Hat|PMDT|Star|Party Hat Default Costume
12 [RED] |Party Hat|PMDT|Star|Based on N64 Colour
13 [BLUE] |Party Hat|PMDT|Star|Based on N64 Colour
14 [GREEN] |Party Hat|PMDT|Star|Based on N64 Colour
15|Party Hat|PMDT|Star|Original Design
16|Libre Suit|KTH|N/A|Libre Default Costume
17 [GREEN] |Libre Suit|KTH|Moe|Original Design
18 [BLUE] |Libre Suit|KTH|Moe|Original Design
19 [RED] |Libre Suit|KTH|Moe|Original Design
20|Libre Suit|KTH|Moe|Original Design
Credits to DavidvKimball for the Party Hat Render and LJStar/Moe for the Libre Render!

As we near the end of the project there will be more characters that follow Pit and Peach's lead with their first alt consisting of extended recolours of an existing costume. Pikachu is one of them; It's recolours are based off Smash 64's colours. Pikachu may also be the only character with 4 selectable sets of team colours.

Originally I wanted to release Pikachu alongside some other characters but it's been so long since an update I figured I would publish him now to get hype going for the project again. Progress is still moving along and there are several other characters on the cusp of being finished. I've also gone over a few characters and altered/switched out some of the newer costumes. I'll update this thread with new content once I feel it's ready. Hope you guys enjoy!

Honestly, instead of having five different Wizard Hats, I think one Wizard Hat and four extra costumes would have been nice. Five Pikachu Libre's is fine since Libre is an actual costume, and not just a hat swap and Slight tint, but I respect your decision in doing it this way. Keep up the good work.

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, instead of having five different Wizard Hats, I think one Wizard Hat and four extra costumes would have been nice. Five Pikachu Libre's is fine since Libre is an actual costume, and not just a hat swap and Slight tint, but I respect your decision in doing it this way. Keep up the good work.
I think the party hat team colors are supposed to be a reference to Smash 64

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Nice with the party hat colours.

However as a 3C rep I do feel some remorse over the change in scarf colour, we were rather proud of it being a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon reference, primarily this art here: http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net...Teams_5.png/revision/latest?cb=20150105233143
Ahhh, I see. I mainly went for the other option cos it was in the Brawl Style rather than Smash 3C style, so it didn't suit the rest of the set. I'll look into reverting it to this art but still matching it to the Brawl Style.

Thanks for letting me know!

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Pika Pika Pikachuuuuu! I love it! I do have a similar sentiment about the party hat. But at the same time... Why only have Party Hat for one team color? WHY NOT ALL!? And then I'm okay with it when I think about that... lol. Cause Party hat is def a top tier Pika costume. I'm glad this is still making progress also!

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Star ☆ Star ☆ Would make a great Olimar alt. It could work as his only alt if you don't have any other ideas. I think Nano said that it would be available on Brawl Vault as soon as Legacy TE is released.
I don't know how well recolors would work for that... It's so similar to the standard outfit, it's like having recolors for Sonic's semi-alts.

PeachyCoke

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2981-8066-3180
I don't know how well recolors would work for that... It's so similar to the standard outfit, it's like having recolors for Sonic's semi-alts.
For the Olimar with the purple alien-like head? I see what you mean if you are going by the broken helmet only, though I don't think it would be much different than Melee Ganon or spacies or classic Pit. Sometimes skins look similar, but I agree that they should try to be as unique as possible.

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
For the Olimar with the purple alien-like head? I see what you mean if you are going by the broken helmet only, though I don't think it would be much different than Melee Ganon or spacies or classic Pit. Sometimes skins look similar, but I agree that they should try to be as unique as possible.
Olimar doesn't have too many other choices, and stuff like Peach's ponytail and the Dark Pit costumes have been expanded into full sets so I don't see why this can't be as well! :)

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
You could change the color of Olimar's head to represent other forms of poison or sickness and that would make for good recolors. Red, green and blue should work perfectly.

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice
Olimar doesn't have too many other choices, and stuff like Peach's ponytail and the Dark Pit costumes have been expanded into full sets so I don't see why this can't be as well! :)
could do some recolors of samurai olimar
or louie recolors

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Pfft, you can't trust anyone who makes Olimar costumes, they're a bunch of nerds I tell ya.

Kirbeast

Smash Cadet
Star, I really love your work your super good at Photoshop keep up the good work, can't wait to see more!

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman

To provide a bit of context lol, this is one of mario's extended costumes (it's not necessarily what Star will use in the final version). I've managed to code in external stocks, external CSPs, extended BPs and extended RSPs/Result Stocks.

Last edited:

Strange Matter

Smash Rookie

To provide a bit of context lol, this is one of mario's extended costumes (it's not necessarily what Star will use in the final version). I've managed to code in external stocks, external CSPs, extended BPs and extended RSPs/Result Stocks.
Amazing stuff. You mentioned external stocks, so that will apply to in-game stocks as well, correct? It would be great to finally solve the problem of Info.pac having such limited space for adding stocks.

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman

You make any progress on that bug that shows the default csp when you return to the css?

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
Amazing stuff. You mentioned external stocks, so that will apply to in-game stocks as well, correct? It would be great to finally solve the problem of Info.pac having such limited space for adding stocks.
Yep, that applies to all stocks in the game. No longer will people need to worry about messing with PAT0s.

You make any progress on that bug that shows the default csp when you return to the css?
Oh, that's been fixed. The only remaining issue is that, occasionally, the random training mode opponent's portrait doesn't show up if it's an extended portrait, which I should be able to fix pretty easily.

Top Bottom