• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 124 year old Psychotic Alien Ex-military Hitman Races his way in! Pico! (F-Zero)

JMac52

Smash Cadet

Who is Pico?

According to the original F-Zero GX instruction manual, Pico is a former military hitman turned F-Zero racer. Judging by his GX interview, he may still be practicing that occupation. (We'll get to that later) While it's never been clarified what kind of alien Pico is (some sort of turtle humanoid hybrid), he is from the planet Tortiz 3 where he was in the Polipoto Army's Special Fighting Unit. Sound intimidating? It sure should! Pico races in the F-Zero GP because it is the only thing that gives him the same thrill as the battlefield. His goal is to wreck as many other racers possible and doesn't mind if he has to kill them. His F-Zero machine, WIld Goose, is specially built to withstand hits and damage so he can take out as many other machines as he wants! Four years before the events of GX, Pico's aggressive driving supposedly caused a gigantic crash that severely injured many racers. (Red Gazelle) Need more proof he's a psycho? Check out his interviews with Mr. F-Zero! Sounds like a solid fit for the Smash Bros foray to me!

A Perfect Echo Fighter?

While I think Pico could easily boast a unique moveset (involving gunplay), I believe he is the perfect echo fighter to Captain Falcon. While the turtle shell and slunched over back give him slight body variations, I think he's the closest fit to Captain Falcon's body type of the main F-Zero characters. This gives him an edge over other possibilities from F-Zero. Plus, look at his fists! They are perfect for Pico Punching/Wild Punching! Also, he would be another villain/rival character. While not Captain Falcon's main archrival (Black Shadow), Pico is one of the original four pilots and a villain that has been in every game so far. Because of this I believe Pico would be an excellent Echo Fighter and a solid overdue second fighter for the F-Zero series! I'll leave you with his pilot video from F-Zero GX.

Supporters:
JMac52
Lady_sky skipper

Last edited:

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
Put me on as a supporter for Pico for Smash. I am amused by the fact that the interviewer is literally shaking in fear as he interviews Pico. ;)

JMac52

Smash Cadet
Put me on as a supporter for Pico for Smash. I am amused by the fact that the interviewer is literally shaking in fear as he interviews Pico. ;)
I’m amused by this as well. There’s only a few in GX who scared him. Interestingly enough, his voice actor is Sean Schemmel. (Goku)

Pizza Robo

Smash Journeyman
I support Pico to be playable in Super Smash Bros Ultimate Sign Me Up :D

Top Bottom