• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 100 song SHOWDOWN - video games edition

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
if we were still open to songs I'd be that troll who add the SMTxFE opening theme song just to make people salty

finalark

SNORLAX
if we were still open to songs I'd be that troll who add the SMTxFE opening theme song just to make people salty
And I'd probably give it about a five for being forgettable and generic. Actually, if you did that I probably would have overdosed on sodium.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
And I'd probably give it about a five for being forgettable and generic. Actually, if you did that I probably would have overdosed on sodium.
good good give me more salt it gives me power

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
nah for real I'd probably have suggested Boss Battle from Shantae and the Pirates Curse or The Ultimate Show from super paper mario

Last edited:

Bossvelt

Smash Rookie
#22 Portal 2 - Bombs for Throwing at You - 8.5/10 While I admit it is definitely a love it or hate it track, I border on the love side. Surprisingly, I didn't submit this.
#77 Metal Gear Solid 3 - Main Theme - 8/10 I didn't expect to like it that much.
#33 Fire Emblem: Awakening - Destiny (Ablaze) - 5/10 Honestly never was a fan of Awakening's OST for the most part.
#18 Blazblue: Calamity Trigger - Lust SIN - 6/10 ok but forgettable
#7 Xenoblade Chronicles - Zanza - 7/10 The choir was good but other than that it was just decent.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
I wonder who is the poor soul that submited it. lol
That would be me. And yes, I'm super, duper butthurt about it.

#22 Portal 2 - Bombs for Throwing at You - 9.5/10 It creates a really tense atmosphere, and feels unique as far as final boss music goes. I don't know why people are saying it's hurting their ears, I love it.
#77 Metal Gear Solid 3 - Main Theme - 6.5/10 All the **** over the place, I felt like I didn't get enough time with each section to properly enjoy it.That guitar near the end made me boost the score, though.
#33 Fire Emblem: Awakening Destiny (Ablaze) - 7/10 Hmm, what was that? Everybody, shut the hell up for a second. Was that...destiny? MY OLD FRIEND, WE MEET ON THE BATTLEFIELD AGAIN.
#18 Blazblue: Calamity Trigger - Lust SIN - 8/10 Wow, that was a ton of fun to listen to. I think I might download that to my computer, actually.
#7 Xenoblade Chronicles - Zanza - 10/10 HOLY HOT DAMN THERE GO MY BRAINS SPLATTERED ALL OVER THE WALLS. This song is so good, I love it so much. It feels like the perfect combination of all the aspects of Xenoblade's soundtrack, and it's probably the only song that will ever get a 10/10 from me.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
That would be me. And yes, I'm super, duper butthurt about it.

#22 Portal 2 - Bombs for Throwing at You - 9.5/10 It creates a really tense atmosphere, and feels unique as far as final boss music goes. I don't know why people are saying it's hurting their ears, I love it.
#77 Metal Gear Solid 3 - Main Theme - 6.5/10 All the **** over the place, I felt like I didn't get enough time with each section to properly enjoy it.That guitar near the end made me boost the score, though.
#33 Fire Emblem: Awakening Destiny (Ablaze) - 7/10 Hmm, what was that? Everybody, shut the hell up for a second. Was that...destiny? MY OLD FRIEND, WE MEET ON THE BATTLEFIELD AGAIN.
#18 Blazblue: Calamity Trigger - Lust SIN - 8/10 Wow, that was a ton of fun to listen to. I think I might download that to my computer, actually.
#7 Xenoblade Chronicles - Zanza - 10/10 HOLY HOT DAMN THERE GO MY BRAINS SPLATTERED ALL OVER THE WALLS. This song is so good, I love it so much. It feels like the perfect combination of all the aspects of Xenoblade's soundtrack, and it's probably the only song that will ever get a 10/10 from me.

here's some salt for you then

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
#22 Portal 2 - Bombs for Throwing at You: 4.82
#77 Metal Gear Solid 3 - Main Theme: 8.25
#33 Fire Emblem: Awakening - Destiny (Ablaze): 7.52
#18 Blazblue: Calamity Trigger - Lust SIN: 7.55
#7 Xenoblade Chronicles - Zanza: 8.82

Bombs for Throwing at You... oh dear. It managed to get a few points from the last two votes, but it is still the most disliked track so far. The other tracks got really favorable votes, though. #33 and #18 in particular were only 0.03 points off from eachother, and both got generally good votes. Metal Gear Solid 3's Main Theme was recieved really well, and surprisingly so for many people. However, Zanza is easily the winner of this round and the second most liked track so far.

Round Nine!

#8 Xenoblade Chronicles - Mechanical Rhythm
#82 Metal Gear Solid 4 - Old Snake
#48 Golden Sun - Isaac's Battle Theme
#49 F-Zero X - Big Blue
#87 Portal 2 - Want You Gone

Last edited:

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
8# I really like it I love the fast gaiter in it and it is a memorable song 8/10
#82 not a fan it feels to slow for my taste 4/10
#48 I like it but the fact it is a gameboy soundtrack and we all know how "great" those can be but overall not bad 7/10
#49 seeing as this is the only F zero song I ever remember I really like it 8/10
#87 I know they are going with Gladdo's is singing but still just sounds off to me 2/10

D

Deleted member

8. 9/10 - In Xenoblade Chronicles, this music would play during battles after Shulk and his crew enter the opposing land of Mechonis. It captures that atmosphere well, and it's excellent on its own. I love the tempo and use of guitar here. Dare I say I prefer this slightly over "You Will Know Our Names?"
82. 8/10 - Ah, MGS4. It's been awhile since the first and only time I fully completed this game. Being the conclusion to Solid Snake's story and the final chapter in the Metal Gear chronology (not counting Revengeance), this piece just screams "This is your final mission, Snake!" On its own, I can understand why it might bore some people, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.
48. 8/10 - Excellent for GBA standards.
49. 8/10 - "YES!"
87. 5/10 - I'm sure this song is better with context, but it sounds like robotic torture.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
8. 9/10 - Very fast-paced and energetic. Great guitar and synth sounds.
82. 6.5/10 - Doesn't really stand out to me as anything other than a normal song that's trying to be sad. It doesn't really stand out to me much since I don't know much about the characters or the series. Stop being so depressed, Snake; I like some of your music.
48. 9/10 - I love Golden Sun and its music.
49. 9/10 - I love F-Zero and its music.
87. 7/10 - I like it since I know the context and know the meaning of the lyrics, but Still Alive will always the better song to end a Portal game (and a better song in general) in my opinion. Maybe it's because I was already expecting GLaDOS to be singing at the end of the game for Portal 2 instead of being the unexpected icing on the cake (Get it? Cake?), leaving a less significant impression on me.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
8. 9/10 - Very fast-paced and energetic. Great guitar and synth sounds.
82. 6.5/10 - Doesn't really stand out to me as anything other than a normal song that's trying to be sad. It doesn't really stand out to me much since I don't know much about the characters or the series. Stop being so depressed, Snake; I like some of your music.
48. 9/10 - I love Golden Sun and its music.
49. 9/10 - I love F-Zero and its music.
87. 7/10 - I like it since I know the context and know the meaning of the lyrics, but Still Alive will always the better song to end a Portal game (and a better song in general) in my opinion. Maybe it's because I was already expecting GLaDOS to be singing at the end of the game for Portal 2 instead of being the unexpected icing on the cake (Get it? Cake?), leaving a less significant impression on me.

Stop being so depressed it's hard not to be when his company is burning to the ground :cheep:

finalark

SNORLAX
8. 10/10: Why don't I listen to Xenoblade's soudtrack regularly? This is amazing. Great solos, some good rhythm work and clever implementation of different instruments. Everything about this track is fantastic.
82. 8/10: I love the atmosphere in the beginning and the buildup along with the use of different instruments, and while I think it's a really good piece I don't consider it something I'd listen to regularly. Still pretty damn good though. Also, @ Spak Spak from what I've seen of your post you seem to really like strong, memorable characters and narratives in your games. If I'm right, then you need to at least try the Metal Gear series.
48. 7/10: Honestly, it's one of the more memorable RPG battle themes I've heard. While it is thrilling and very engaging in context, outside of it you can't help but feel it's a bit short and repetitious. It's still a good listen every once and a while, though.
49. 8/10: Nobody noticed that this is actually the Big Blue theme, not the Mute City theme? No? Alrighty then. Anyway, as a fan of rock and instrumentals, I've always really liked F-Zero OSTs. The instrumentation in this piece isn't really mindblowing in any sort of way, but it's still a really catchy tune with a nice groove to it. Not my favorite track from F-Zero X, but still good.
87. 5/10: I have never played Portal 2, so I kinda feel like I would have enjoyed this more with context. It's alright, but really not for me I guess.

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Also, @ Spak Spak from what I've seen of your post you seem to really like strong, memorable characters and narratives in your games. If I'm right, then you need to at least try the Metal Gear series.
Yeah, I will after I leave my parent's house. I'm old enough to play M rated games, but my parents still don't permit me to while I'm living under their roof.

49. 8/10: Nobody noticed that this is actually the Big Blue theme, not the Mute City theme? No? Alrighty then. Anyway, as a fan of rock and instrumentals, I've always really liked F-Zero OSTs.
That's my bad, actually. I was going to do Port Town, then I changed my mind to Mute City, then I changed my mind to Big Blue. I forgot to change the song name of my submission, but I put the correct link.

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
That's my bad, actually. I was going to do Port Town, then I changed my mind to Mute City, then I changed my mind to Big Blue. I forgot to change the song name of my submission, but I put the correct link.
I believe that was my mistake when I typed the track names down, actually. It's in the starting post song list as Big Blue.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I believe that was my mistake when I typed the track names down, actually. It's in the starting post song list as Big Blue.
Oh, OK. I just assumed I accidentally put down the wrong song name since I was unsure of what song to put. Thanks for admitting the mistake!

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
#8 Xenoblade Chronicles - Mechanical Rhythm - 9/10. The way how the guitar and the other string instuments work together is just beautiful. It's an energetic and very fast-paced battle track full of energy, but I also love how it calms down in the second loop. It sounds otherworldly to me, and it makes perfect sense considering this is the battle theme of the other titan of the game.
#82 Metal Gear Solid 4 - Old Snake - 8/10. It's definitely a very good piece, especially the buildup really sold me on it. It's nothing I'd listen to too often, because I feel like this is one of the tracks that's much better in context, but I still like it.
#48 Golden Sun - Isaac's Battle Theme - 9/10. This theme is one of those themes that never get repetitive for me although they loop quite early. I'd say it is the most energetic and battle-ready theme out of the three standard battle themes in GBA Golden Sun, fitting Isaac's more hot-blooded personality compared to that of the other two heroes.
#49 F-Zero X - Big Blue - 9/10. Big Blue is just a really good theme. I like this version a lot, but I gotta give some special mention to this version of the track, which was one of the tracks I considered submitting, but decided to not submit in the end. In any case, this track just knows how to make a fast-paced, energetic race even more awesome.
#87 Portal 2 - Want You Gone - 7/10.
I like it since I know the context and know the meaning of the lyrics, but Still Alive will always the better song to end a Portal game (and a better song in general) in my opinion.
I can't say anything more than this, really.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
Wow, we get the second Portal, Xenoblade, and Metal Gear song immediately after getting the first ones? That's some RNG right there.

#8 Xenoblade Chronicles - Mechanical Rhythm
- 8.5/10 Headbanging awesomeness, such a great battle theme.
#82 Metal Gear Solid 4 - Old Snake - 7/10 I enjoyed it well enough, but in the end it felt kind of empty.
#48 Golden Sun - Isaac's Battle Theme - 6.5/10 It was alright, but I had to listen to it a couple times because the first time failed to grab my attention in any meaningful way.
#49 F-Zero X - Big Blue - 7.5/10 I feel like I like it a bit more because I've grown attached to the MK8 course, but I still like it on its own.
#87 Portal 2 Want You Gone - 8/10 I think there are definitely better songs on the Portal 2 soundtrack, but this one sure gets me in the nostalgias. Another largely differing opinion to everybody else's, I always liked this one more than Still Alive.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Yeah, I will after I leave my parent's house. I'm old enough to play M rated games, but my parents still don't permit me to while I'm living under their roof.
Meanwhile my 3 year old cousin plays Mortal Kombat regularly. lol

Also:

#8 Xenoblade Chronicles - Mechanical Rhythm - 10/10 - HOLY COW.
#82 Metal Gear Solid 4 - Old Snake - 8/10 - I'm a sucker for emotional tracks, but they work better when I know why they're so emotional.
#48 Golden Sun - Isaac's Battle Theme - 8/10 - Sounds really cool. That's all.
#49 F-Zero X - Big Blue - 7/10 - I prefer the Mario Kart 8 version, but it's still cool.
#87 Portal 2 - Want You Gone - 5.5/10 - Better than the other one at least.

Last edited:

finalark

SNORLAX
Other fantastic Mature-Rated games with compelling stories and complex characters includes:

- The entire Persona series, but especially Persona 4
- The Mass Effect trilogy
- The Yakuza series
- The Silent Hill series (Although I hear that none of the games after 4 are worth playing)
- Amnesia: The Dark Decent (don't bother with it's sequel)
- The Bioshock series (although you can skip Bioshock 2 and not miss much)

There's also lot's of M-rated games that don't really fall into the "good narrative" category but are fantastic anyway. This includes the Halo series, House of the Dead, The Elder Scrolls IV and V and many, many more. So yeah, check those out once you've got your own place.

On that note, I do genuinely believe the ESRB needs a 15+ rating. I've played plenty of M-rated games that I feel like are closer to a middle ground between a Teen and Mature rating but end up getting slapped with the M rating even if they're not all that graphic or adult.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Other fantastic Mature-Rated games with compelling stories and complex characters includes:

- The entire Persona series, but especially Persona 4
- The Mass Effect trilogy
- The Yakuza series
- The Silent Hill series (Although I hear that none of the games after 4 are worth playing)
- Amnesia: The Dark Decent (don't bother with it's sequel)
- The Bioshock series (although you can skip Bioshock 2 and not miss much)

There's also lot's of M-rated games that don't really fall into the "good narrative" category but are fantastic anyway. This includes the Halo series, House of the Dead, The Elder Scrolls IV and V and many, many more. So yeah, check those out once you've got your own place.

On that note, I do genuinely believe the ESRB needs a 15+ rating. I've played plenty of M-rated games that I feel like are closer to a middle ground between a Teen and Mature rating but end up getting slapped with the M rating even if they're not all that graphic or adult.
Yeah, I played Halo in 2001 at a friend's house and since then, my mom decided that I wasn't allowed to have any M-Rated games. Halo was fun from what I remember of it, but the original Xbox controller didn't really fit in my four-year-old hands and I was pretty bad at the time. On a different note, I have played CoD: Black Ops 2 & Ghosts (didn't like them that much) and Oblivion (loved it) at other people's houses at various points in time. I'll definitely try some of these out once I'm out of the house, though. Thanks for the game recommendations!

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Just out of curiosity, how many people have to vote before a round ends? I couldn't find it in the OP.
It was initially 10, but whenever @ xLemmy_KoopaX xLemmy_KoopaX took over, he said:
Boss asked me to start off the next round, so here we go! I will do this in the future if we don't reach ten after some time, too.
So basically, 10 votes or if it has been a long time since the round has started.

Last edited:

Dunban

Smash Journeyman
8. 8.7/10
82. 6/10
48. 8.8/10
49. 7.6/10
87. 3/10

Will do reasons later if I can be bothered.

Last edited:

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
#8 Xenoblade Chronicles - Mechanical Rhythm: 9.03
#82 Metal Gear Solid 4 - Old Snake: 6.94
#48 Golden Sun - Isaac's Battle Theme: 7.91
#49 F-Zero X - Big Blue: 8.01
#87 Portal 2 - Want You Gone: 5.31

Portal got the worst votes. Again. Old Snake was liked alright, but it was still rather weak compared to the 3 leftover tracks, Isaac's Battle Theme, Big Blue and Mechanical Rhythm. The former two got all-around great votes, but Mechanical Rhythm easily blew the other ones out of the water and is the new second most liked track, pushing fellow Xenoblade track Zanza to third.

Round Ten! Halfway done!

#66 The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Lorule Castle
#41 Bayonetta - Fly Me To The Moon
#93 BlazBlue - Awakening the Chaos
#16 Tales of the Abyss - Karma
#79 Street Fighter II - Ryu's Theme

finalark

SNORLAX
66: 8/10 - A bit repetitious, but the composition is solid and it's pleasant to listen to.
41: 9/10 - For me, there's some major nostalgia bias here, not for Bayonetta but for Neon Genesis Evengelion which had a different version of Fly Me to the Moon for it's credits at the end of each episdoe. Really makes me feel like I'm fourteen again, for just a moment. Okay, now onto the actual song. I actually really like it, I think it's actually a really catchy and creative take on a classic song that's not afraid to be it's own thing. This is actually the only song I listened to again immediately after I finished listening.
93: 10/10 - Oh hey, I actually remember this song from BlazBlue's OST despite not playing it since 2009. It does take a little bit to pick up, but the strong memorable melody, the guitar work, drumming, bass and addition of choir all come together extremely well and then it smartly gives you an orchestral bridge to calm down from the epicness for just a few moments before it picks up again. If I was to pick one piece to represent BBCT's OST it would be this.
16: 5/10 - I feel like I'd be really into this if I was in middle school and still lived off an IV drip of anime and manga, but after hearing so much music like this over the years it's just kinda forgettable for me. It's not bad, just nothing particularly standout.
79: 4/10 - Not to rag on the SNES's sound quality, but to rag on the SNES's sound quality this song makes it sound like a bit of a cluster****. I see what they were going for, and I feel like I'd like this a lot more if I was listening to an updated version. So I went and looked up a remix from a newer game and enjoyed it much more. Sorry, but the original version just doesn't do it for me.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
66. 7.8/10 - Nothing super memorable, the main melody and variations of the song are only about 10 seconds long and is just handed off between instruments and changes keys. It is composed well and has a lot of good instrumentation, but it's not too special and doesn't stand out much from the rest of the orchestrated pieces in this list

41. 7.3/10 - I like the original better, but this isn't too bad either and it doesn't sound too shabby at a faster pace; it definitely gives off a different felling, though. 8.3/10, -1 for licensed music.

93. 7/10 Beginning was boring choral stuff, but I really like the guitar at 1:20. The chorus and guitar didn't fit that well in my opinion, and the chorus detracted from my opinion of the song. If the guitar part was more varied and the chorus wasn't in it (possibly with a different instrument in its place), it would get a higher score.

16. 6.5/10 Honestly, I don't like the vocalist all that much. He doesn't ever seem to be excited about anything and just seems a bit too monotone and non-impassioned about what he is singing. It still sounds decent overall, but it could be better.

79. 4.8/10 Pretty much what @ finalark finalark said, but I'd like to say that it wasn't the completely SNES's fault. In the CPS2 version (the actual original, despite what the video that was linked states), they had a LOT more stuff to work with for the sound card, but the composition still sounds a bit wonky. The version that I'm most familiar with (and sounds a lot better than this version in my opinion) is from Street Fighter Alpha (you'll see Charlie's Theme eventually because I entered it).

finalark

SNORLAX
41. 7.3/10 - I like the original better, but this isn't too bad either and it doesn't sound too shabby at a faster pace; it definitely gives off a different felling, though. 8.3/10, -1 for licensed music.
I was considering complaining about licensed music here, but I decided this version was different enough to be very distanced from the original.

EDIT: Although if we decide to do a 100 Song Showdown II I'm voting for a "no licensed music" rule.

In the CPS2 version (the actual original, despite what the video that was linked states), they had a LOT more stuff to work with for the sound card, but the composition still sounds a bit wonky.
True facts, had this been the submitted version I would have given it a much higher score.

Those taiko drums, though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

66. 8/10 - Repetitive, but memorable and well-composed.
41. 8.5/10 - This one took some time to grow on me, but I like it quite a bit.
93. 8.5/10 - I personallly disagree with @ Spak Spak on the chorus and guitar not fitting well, but I didn't think much of the beginning.
16. 4/10 - *yawn* I've heard better Japanese vocals.
79. 8/10 - *reads @ finalark finalark 's and @ Spak Spak 's posts* WHAT!? You people don't like the original CPS1 version of Ryu's theme? To be fair, I think some of the remixes of the song top it, particularly the renditions from X-Men vs. Street Fighter and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes. By the way, this is the SNES version.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
#66 The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Lorule Castle - 6.5/10 I liked the way it built and the variation in the instruments, but the repetition was too much of a detractor for me.
#41 Bayonetta - Fly Me to the Moon - 8/10 A really fun battle theme, it's a really unique way to get me in the mood for kicking ass each time I hear it. I like Moon River from Bayo 2 more, but this is a really close second.
#93 BlazBlue - Awakening the Chaos - 7/10 The guitar parts were really great, but the 1-woman choir was a bit...off-putting. It probably sounded better in-game.
#16 Tales of the Abyss - Karma - 5/10 Eh...meh.
#79 Street Fighter II - Ryu's Theme - 4.5/10 A little grating on the ears, and that made it difficult to hear the actual melody.

Bossvelt

Smash Rookie
#66 The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Lorule Castle -5/10
#41 Bayonetta - Fly Me To The Moon - 8/10
#93 BlazBlue - Awakening the Chaos - 7.5/10
#16 Tales of the Abyss - Karma - 8.3/10
#79 Street Fighter II - Ryu's Theme - 2/10

DuwangAnon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0516-7668-7793
#8 Xenoblade Chronicles - Mechanical Rhythm: 9.03
#82 Metal Gear Solid 4 - Old Snake: 6.94
#48 Golden Sun - Isaac's Battle Theme: 7.91
#49 F-Zero X - Big Blue: 8.01
#87 Portal 2 - Want You Gone: 5.31

Portal got the worst votes. Again. Old Snake was liked alright, but it was still rather weak compared to the 3 leftover tracks, Isaac's Battle Theme, Big Blue and Mechanical Rhythm. The former two got all-around great votes, but Mechanical Rhythm easily blew the other ones out of the water and is the new second most liked track, pushing fellow Xenoblade track Zanza to third.

Round Ten! Halfway done!

#66 The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Lorule Castle
#41 Bayonetta - Fly Me To The Moon
#93 BlazBlue - Awakening the Chaos
#16 Tales of the Abyss - Karma
#79 Street Fighter II - Ryu's Theme
66. 8.5/10. I love the orchestration. Also, it's got a great feel of "WE GOTTA DO THE THING." And then Ganon's theme kicks in.
41. 7/10. Pretty good, very catchy. Buuuuut I like Sinatra's version better.
93. 8.5/10. Ah, good memories. Also, the one video of the "True Ending" is pretty boss.
16. 8/10. I usually really like Tales of openings. This is one of the good ones, in my humble opinion.
79. 8.3/10. RYU FOR SMASH RYU FOR SMASH RYU FOR SMASH RYU FOR SMASH

A really catchy section this time around. Nice, nice.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Yes! Another vote! Anyways, it'll be 7 votes if Lemmy votes, and 8 if Tepig votes (I see you viewing this thread :)) and then we should probably close this round up because it's been about a week.

Dunban

Smash Journeyman
66. 8.2/10 - This captures the 'final dungeon before epic boss battle' theme perfectly.
41. 3.4/10 - This sounds awfully familiar... EDIT: ****in' knew it. This is some glamourised version of Sinatra. -3 for that since I consider that to be a crime.
93. 6.5/10 -
The chorus and guitar didn't fit that well in my opinion, and the chorus detracted from my opinion of the song.
16. 4.5/10 - Anim-eurgh.
79. 4.5/10 - Never was terribly fond of Street Fighter music.

Last edited:

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
#66 The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Lorule Castle - 9/10 - You can call me biased towards Nintendo games, but this track is pure genius.
#41 Bayonetta - Fly Me To The Moon - 7/10 I was really surprised how much I liked this, but it losses 2 points 'cause licensed music.
#93 BlazBlue - Awakening the Chaos - 6.5/10 - Despite the fact that I tend to love choirs in videogame songs, I agree with @ Spak Spak on how the chorus didn't really fit well here. It could've picked up a little faster too. Not a bad song, but doesn't stand out to me.
#16 Tales of the Abyss - Karma - 5/10 - @ Spak Spak must be my long-lost twin borther or something, because I totally share his opinion on this song too.
#79 Street Fighter II - Ryu's Theme - 5/10 - Street Fighter is all about the gameplay. The music never really appealed to me.

Top Bottom