• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 100 song SHOWDOWN - video games edition

Dunban

Smash Journeyman
92. 4.5/10 - Meh, it's a bit hectic

45. 3.5/10 - It's missing something; not sure what though. Whatever it is, it needs it badly.

74. 9/10 - Oh god it's just great. This is the mysterious man who's ****ed with your life and you finally have the chance to bring him down. This conveys that so well.

86. 6.5/10 - Not my favourite track from Uprising, but I guess it's alright.

80. 5.5/10 - Lacks weight in my opinion, but it's ok.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
92. 6.5/10 - It was a good varied piece, but I prefer my boss music a little faster. This song didn't really get my blood pumping for the boss, but it was good nevertheless.
45. 6/10 - It was nice, but got a tad monotonous around the 40 second mark for me.
74. 8/10 - I love Golden Sun music, although the weird time change is a bit odd and I don't see why they added it.
86. 7/10 - This track is good, but it takes a while to get to what makes it good. I think they just put too much extra fluff at the start of it and while it does tie in well in-game, it doesn't sound all that interesting outside of the game's environment.
80. 8/10 (after the Domino's commercial ended) - This song has superb composition, great trade-off between the instruments, has a good pace for a character theme, and one of the only things holding this song back from a better score is the SNES soundcard; I feel like this theme would have benefited from being on a later console.

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
92. 4/10
45. 5/10
74. 6/10
86. 3/10
80. 7/10

I'm not good at giving reasons why I liked the song.

Bossvelt

Smash Rookie
You guys work fast damn. Here are round 2's results!

92. Super Paper Mario - The Ultimate Show: 7.14
45. Donkey Kong Country 2 - Stickerbrush Symphony: 6.86
74. Golden Sun - Battle with Saturos: 7.73
86. Kid Icarus Uprising - The War's End: 6.72
80. Super Castlevania IV - Simon's Theme: 7.05

The War's End and Stickerbrush Symphony were treated pretty lukewarm by many which caused it to leave the running early on. The Ultimate Show and Simon's theme was either adored or meh'd by the voters. Battle with Saturos pretty much crushed it by not having a rating that was lower than a 6.

BATTLE WITH SATUROS WINS

ROUND TREEEE

54. Hot Wheels World Race - Menu Theme
81. Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow - Subterranean of Hell
100.To the Moon - Theme
43. NieR - Song of the Ancients Fate
37. Punch out Wii - Theme

leggo

Last edited:

DuwangAnon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0516-7668-7793
54. 6.4/10. I liked this a surprising amount.
81. 7.4/10. Kinda reminded me of "Lullaby of a Deserted Hell."
100. 6/10. Very calming, but kinda meh, IMO.
43. 6.5/10. Kinda nice.
37. 8/10. YOU AIN'T NO AIR FIGHTER MAC

Last edited:

Bossvelt

Smash Rookie
54. Hot Wheels World Race - Menu Theme - 6.5/10 At first I was laughing at the fact that I let a hot wheels song in here but it was surprisingly decent damn.
81. Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow - Subterranean of Hell - 7/10 It was nice and I could really dig fighting skeltals with this playing.
100.To the Moon - Theme - 6/10 It's a nice and peaceful song, but not one that elicits much emotion from me.
43. NieR - Song of the Ancients Fate - 10/10 I have never played the game, but this game's soundtrack is downright godly. This song especially is my second favorite of all time. This and one other song is the only one I plan on giving a perfect score as it holds so much emotion and power to it. However, new songs could always surprise me ha.
37. Punch out Wii - Theme - 6.5/10 I really like the instruments I just wish it varied more often.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
54. Hot Wheels World Race - Menu Theme - 6/10. Pretty catchy, it definitely surprised me.
81. Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow - Subterranean of Hell - 8/10. I'm probably biased when it comes to this one, but **** it. I like it a lot.
100.To the Moon - Theme - 6.5/10.
43. NieR - Song of the Ancients Fate - 7.5. I can't really describe it, but there is a kind of depth in this song.
37. Punch out Wii - Theme - 7/10.

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
54. Hot Wheels World Race - Menu Theme - 6/10. Parts of this are actually genuinely really catchy. Especially the second loop where the theme rocks out a bit.
81. Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow - Subterranean of Hell - 7/10. This is a theme for hell? Sounds really pretty and calming. Though I definitely ain't complaining there. ...Now that Duwang was saying it, Touhou did the same thing.
100. To the Moon - Theme - 6/10. This is peaceful. Feels kinda space-y, which is rather fitting for a game called "To the Moon".
43. NieR - Song of the Ancients Fate - 8/10. The best part about this is the chorus, which is oddly enchanting and epic.
37. Punch-Out Wii - Theme - 7/10. This is cool. I like the instruments and it's not lacking in variety, either, because of how the Minor Circuit Theme is mixed in.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
54. Hot Wheels World Race - Menu Theme - 7/10 For the laugh it gave me, and for actually being pretty decent.
81. Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow - Subterranean of Hell - 7/10 Pretty catchy.
100.To the Moon - Theme - 7/10 It was pretty, and felt like a lullaby, and I liked how it built on itself, but it's another one of those songs that probably sounds a lot better after you've played the game.
43. NieR - Song of the Ancients Fate - 9/10 Holy hot damn just stick it in my veins or one of my orifices
37. Punch out Wii - Theme - 6.5/10 Dunban I don't know why you were ever listening to Punch-Out Wii songs to begin with but I guess it's good that you sent this one in.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
54. 7.8/10 - I played this game a LOT as a kid so I'm a bit biased, but all in all I think it's pretty good.
81. 7.3/10 - Syncopation is cool.
100. 6.8/10 - I liked the spacy-sadness to it and thought it sounded cool, but I have no knowledge of why this song is as sad as it is. Like SkittleE said, I feel like I would rate this song higher if I had played the game.
43. 8/10 - Not a huge fan this style and I'd never heard it before, but it's still wonderful.
37. 8.5/10 - The Punch-Out!! Theme has always been one of my favorites and this is a really good remix of it. I think it could be sped up a little bit, but they made it work just fine at the slower speed.

D

Deleted member

54. 6/10 - This tune is both funky and catchy, but nothing remarkable.
81. 8/10 - This piece is both catchy and atmospheric much like Simon's Theme from earlier.
100. 8/10 - When I read the title of the game, I expected another campy pop song for some reason, but what I got was more somber. Overall, I enjoyed it, but as @ SkittleE SkittleE stated herself, it might be best to play the game myself to fully appreciate it.
43. 9.5/10 - The vocals and the instrumentation in this piece blend well together. It's outstanding, beautiful, epic, and it evokes a sense of awe. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to grab a dictionary just to find more words to describe how brilliant this music is.
37. 8.5/10 - It's catchy, blood-pumping, and a solid remix of the classic Punch-Out!! theme.

Dunban

Smash Journeyman
54. 7/10 - Holy ****, I remember owning this game. I've just had a crazy nostalgia hit and I owe that to whoever voted this. Beyond that it starts off pretty catchy and it picks up well.

81. 6.2/10 - It's pretty decent, but not something i'd listen to much.

100. 6.5/10 - Kinda reminded me of Xenoblade, but alas, I shall be copying the statement made by the previous three people. Don't judge me.

43. 7/10 - The atmosphere this song creates seems pretty fitting, since from what I can understand based on Youtube comments with poor grammar, this game is an RPG. I like it I guess.

37. 9.1/10 - ATTA BOY MAC! QUICK FEET, WORK 'EM! PUSH 'EM OUT MAC! FASTER! THAT'S THE ONE I TAUGHT YA! LET 'EM HAVE IT MAC!
In all seriousness, this track is intense and fuels you with adrenaline: exactly how it should be.

Last edited:

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
54. Hot Wheels World Race - Menu Theme - 7/10 I usually expect trash when it comes to licensed games, so it was relieving to hear a good song.
81. Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow - Subterranean of Hell - 8/10 Really atmospheric and catchy.
100. To the Moon - Theme - 9.5/10 HOLY SH17 that is amazing. The only reason I'm not giving this a 10 is because I haven't played the game and thus don't know why the song is sad like this.
43. NieR - Song of the Ancients Fate - 10/10 Like I've said before, I'm a sucker for epic choirs. This reminds me of the Brawl theme in that it's really epic but impossible to understand (yeah I know the Brawl theme is sung in an actual language).
37. Punch out Wii - Theme - 8/10 I love it, but grew a bit tired of it already after listening to it so much in Smash.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
54. Hot Wheels World Race - Menu Theme 8/10 Pretty catchy and well made.
81. Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow - Subterranean of Hell 7/10 Nice atmosphere but not something I'd listen to out of the context of the game
100.To the Moon - Theme 9/10 I like the melody and instrument sounds in this. The combination of them... the song sounds beautiful and filled with hope.
43. NieR - Song of the Ancients Fate 7/10 same for the Castlevania one
37. Punch out Wii - Theme 8/10 Gets you pumped up. The different instruments in it create diversity but also mesh well together.

Enyalb

Hardcore Wonder-Casual Dragoon
NNID
BLAYNEproject
3DS FC
5300-9911-6250
Well I am rather late to this conversation but since I saw NieR mentioned I just had to join in.

54. 8/10. Surprisingly jam-tastic.
81. 7.5/10. Not the first castlevania song I'll listen to, but still good.
100. 9/10. I'm a sucker for pieces like this.
43. 9.5/10. NieR's OST has always been amazing in my opinion. The music really shine in the parts they play in the game, and recommend this to anyone wanting a unique experience.
37. 8.5/10. Always a classic.

Last edited:

Bossvelt

Smash Rookie
This was the strongest round overall so far.

54. Hot Wheels World Race - Menu Theme: 6.88
81. Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow - Subterranean of Hell: 7.31
100.To the Moon - Theme: 7.3
43. NieR - Song of the Ancients Fate: 8.36
37. Punch out Wii - Theme: 7.78

The Hot Wheels Menu Theme was actually decent. Who knew? However, that wasn't enough to propel it to the top. Subterranean of Hell and To the Moon almost TIE each other by being a tenth of a point apart. Punch Out's Theme was loved by most or even held decently by others, but Song of the Ancients Fate was loved even more.

SONG OF THE ANCIENTS FATE WINS

Round 4 gogogogo

12. Touhou 5: Mystic Square - Alice in Wonderland
64. Super Mario Galaxy - Buoy Base Galaxy
56. Sonic Adventure 2 - Green Forest
42. Silent Hill 4 - Room of Angel
57. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Cornered

This should be quite the round.

Enyalb

Hardcore Wonder-Casual Dragoon
NNID
BLAYNEproject
3DS FC
5300-9911-6250
12. 8.0/10. Love the hectic pace of it.
64. 7.5/10. Ehh, not one of the best of Galaxy's music pieces imo, but still something relaxing.
56. 8.5/10. Good ol' GOTTA GO FAST adrenaline on escaping a time bomb that will explode in 8 minutes.
42. 9.0/10. RIP Silent Hills.
57. 9.5/10. I CAN'T GIVE THIS THE LOWEST SCORE OUT OF THE BUNCH. I CAN'T.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
12. Touhou 5: Mystic Square - Alice in Wonderland 8/10 This song is filled with character.
64. Super Mario Galaxy - Buoy Base Galaxy 8/10 Makes you feel like you're in the Buoy Base Galaxy. Does its purpose.
56. Sonic Adventure 2 - Green Forest 7.5/10 Filled with hype and energy. Gets repetitive pretty quickly, though.
42. Silent Hill 4 - Room of Angel 9/10 The atmosphere... sounds amazing. Has different moments in the song which make it feel complete.
57. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Cornered 7.5/10 The song does what it's supposed to. Same with Green Forest, is great for the moment in the game but gets repetitive out of context.

DuwangAnon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0516-7668-7793
12. 9.5/10 Despite never having played the game before, there's something about this song that always fills me with an enormous sense of nostalgia. The main chorus always sounds so powerful. I DUNNO MAN I REALLY LIKE IT OKAY
64. 7.4/10 I rather enjoyed the beginning, especially. A very nice heroic song. Makes me feel like I'm marchin' up to some castle to knock an evil turtle down a peg.
56. 6.6/10 Catchy, as per the norm of (good) Sonic songs. Very upbeat, but nothing /too/ stand-out-ish, considering the rest of the series.
42. 8.6/10 I wasn't expecting much from a horror game, but that shows I know jack about Silent Hill. Rather blown away. It felt so . . . melancholic.
57. 8.9/10 It goes great with Cheetahmen. Seriously, though, it brings back good Ace Attorney memories . . . as well as bad ones. Mandatory OVERRULED, because "objection" is overused.
Very good songs all around this time. I'm not biased at all concerning a certain song, though. Nope.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
12. Touhou 5: Mystic Square - Alice in Wonderland - 6.5/10 Weh.
64. Super Mario Galaxy - Buoy Base Galaxy - 7.5/10 One of my favorite Galaxy tracks, I love the epic feel of it.
56. Sonic Adventure 2 - Green Forest - 7/10 I liked it, but it started feeling a little monotonous towards the end.
42. Silent Hill 4 - Room of Angel - 8/10 I really liked this one, sort of started putting me to sleep. I'm really tired and was not at all listening to the lyrics, though.
57. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Cornered - 7.5/10 Aw HELL yeah this gets me so pumped.

Bossvelt

Smash Rookie
12. Touhou 5: Mystic Square - Alice in Wonderland 8/10 This got me hooked really quick.
64. Super Mario Galaxy - Buoy Base Galaxy 7/10 I like the spacey feel(cuz it's in space) but it doesn't grab my attention all that much.
56. Sonic Adventure 2 - Green Forest 6/10 Pretty decent too but nothing special to me. Does get the blood flowing a bit tho.
42. Silent Hill 4 - Room of Angel 9.2/10 A beautiful and haunting song with chilling vocals
57. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Cornered 6.5/10 It sounds pretty catchy but the fact that it's really repetitive in a short amount of time makes me not dig it as much.

D

Deleted member

12. 8/10 - Agreed with @ Enyalb Enyalb and @ Oblivion129 Oblivion129 . It took some time to grow on me, though.
64. 8/10 - I like the sense of adventure it conveys, but there are other songs from the Mario Galaxy series i prefer.
56. 0/10 - It's not City Escape. 7.5/10 - It's fittingly fast-paced as others have stated, but there are other Sonic Adventure 2 songs i prefer.
42. 9/10 - It sounds soothing, but the lyrics are quite disturbing. I love the atmosphere, and R.I.P. Silent Hills indeed.
57. 7.5/10 - It's repetitive, but it's catchy and it gets its job done.

finalark

SNORLAX
12: 5/10: Neat little retro sounding piece, really isn't anything special though IMO.
64: 7/10: A lot is going on in this piece but it all fits together very well, but isn't anything I'd listen to regularly.
56: 8/10: Pretty underrated IMO. Also, why has nobody talked about that awesome bass solo?
42: 10/10: Konami's vocal songs tend to be incredible, and this is no exception. Soothing, eerie, unnerving, and yet beautiful. Really hit it out of the park. Also, that static at the end. If you've ever played a Silent Hill you know what that is six layers of nope.
57: 6/10: I've never played a Phoenix Wright game, so this doesn't really carry and significance to met. Still catchy and fun, although repetitious.

Dunban

Smash Journeyman
12. 6.8/10 - I personally think it would sound a lot better if it weren't retro but I do kinda like it

64. 7.8/10 - As others have said, it's not the best song from Galaxy, but it definitely fits the whole space theme to a tee. It is successful in adding to the experience offered by the game, which is why it's an effective piece of video game music. Too much water joke was unintentional...

56. 6/10 - It's a bit standard as far as "GOTTA GO FAST" songs go.

42. 7/10 - Rating would probably be higher if I had played the game, but I like the effect that the song has. It's sombre and relaxing until you listen to the lyrics. If you like this, #35 and #85 are gonna be right up your alley.

57. 8.9/10 - "Now how is this supposed to be a clock?" Nah, in all seriousness... If you listen to this song outside of the context of the game, it may not seem like much. But I highly suggest you watch this and listen to the song as it plays in the game. The rush of adrenaline you get when you piece together what happened in a Phoenix Wright game wouldn't be the same without this song.

EDIT: Slight adjustments to scores

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
12. 7.5/10 - It's a bit odd, bit it sounds really nice. I don't know why, but I like it quite a bit despite never playing the game.
64. 8/10 - I like Brass and I like spacy synths. That is enough explanation as to why I like this song.
56. 8.5/10 - I love songs with this fast-paced and high-energy feeling, the electric guitar conveys that well, and this song just gets me pumped.
42. 7/10 - Very atmospherical and pretty, but it would probably hold more weight with me if I played the game.
57. 7.8/10 - This is still a wonderful tune that works really well in the game, but it can be a bit repetitive when listening to it out of context because of how short the loop is.

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
12. Touhou 5: Mystic Square - Alice in Wonderland - 8/10. The instruments take time to get used to, definitely, but like how it's mostly the case with Touhou music, the composition is so great this is mostly negligible. The feel of this theme is magical, and strangely nostalgic, even.
64. Super Mario Galaxy - Buoy Base Galaxy - 9/10. This track is, in my opinion, one of the most epic in Galaxy 1. It is so uplifting and adventurous, but like many tracks in Galaxy, I feel it's real beauty lies in how well it goes with the game and creates atmosphere.
56. Sonic Adventure 2 - Green Forest - 8/10. Man, that guitar is so energetic. I really love this, but I just wish it wouldn't loop so early.
42. Silent Hill 4 - Room of Angel - 8/10. I haven't played the Silent Hill series, but this track is so haunting and atmospherical. Unlike the others who find the lyrics disturbing, I find them really sad and not being dissonant to the track itself.
57. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Cornered - 8/10. I prefer other variations of the Cornered theme, but the classic is still as awesome as ever. This music just feels so... right in context. Like others said, it really pumps you up.

Bossvelt

Smash Rookie
AYYYYY

12. Touhou 5: Mystic Square - Alice in Wonderland: 7.53
64. Super Mario Galaxy - Buoy Base Galaxy: 7.72
56. Sonic Adventure 2 - Green Forest: 7.36
42. Silent Hill 4 - Room of Angel: 8.48
57. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Cornered: 7.81

This round was even better received than the last one. Green Forest got decent to even good scores but it didn't go far enough. In other news, it's the highest rated loser song so far. Alice in Wonderland, Buoy Base Galaxy, and Cornered were also rated highly yet some peeps caused them to be out of the running. The song that owned this round though was Room of Angel, being the highest rated song so far.

ROOM OF ANGEL WINS

FIF ROUND EYY

10. Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations - Telling the Truth
15. Star Ocean 3 - Highbrow
76. Final Fantasy 5 - Battle on the Big Bridge
96. Project X Zone - Ghosts 'n Goblins
19. J Stars Victory VS - Two Steps from Hell

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I missed the 4th round because of school. Great. :glare:

Not gonna vote this round, I think now I'm only going to vote when there's a song I know or one that I wanted to suggest.

Last edited:

finalark

SNORLAX
10: 8/10 Again, I've never played any of Phoenix Wright games, but man is this a good listen. Kind of reminds me of something from a Genesis-era platformer.
15: 9/10 THAT BASS, VIOLIN, PIANO, SYNTH. It all works together really well, I could listen to this to relax. I forgot how good 'Til the End of Time's OST was.
76: 9/10 A classic piece among FF fans, and for good reason. It's got a strong memorable melody, gets your blood pumping and is associated with a well-liked character. This song is so good that Square reuses it in every game Gilgamesh shows up in.
96. 3/10 Way to shrill and all over the place for my tastes. This actually hurts my ears to listen to.
19: 7/10 I really dig the solo and use of synth choir. It really makes you feel like some epic showdown is going on. Although it is well put together, it really isn't anything too standout IMO.

I have to say, this is one of the best selections we've had so far IMO.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
I missed this round because of school. Great. :glare:

Not gonna vote this round, I think now I'm only going to vote when there's a song I know or one that I wanted to suggest.
But it sort of defeats the point when you only vote when there's a song you like. D:

10. Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations - Telling the Truth - 7/10 I'd listen to it again, kept me entertained.
15. Star Ocean 3 - Highbrow - 7.5/10 There were a lot of parts I really liked (especially dat piano), but too many parts sounded really iffy to me.
76. Final Fantasy 5 - Battle on the Big Bridge - 7.5/10 Ended rather abruptly, but I really liked it.
96. Project X Zone - Ghosts 'n Goblins - 7.5/10 Even accidentally listening to way too long of this song because I didn't realize the video was an extended version, I didn't grow tired of it. That certainly says something.
19. J Stars Victory VS - Two Steps from Hell - 8.5/10 HOLY CRAP YES MORE OF THIS PLEASE

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
10. 8.5/10 - GBA Magic. Phoenix Wright has some of the best music to ever grace the console. The composer considered the instrumentation and restrictions of the sound card while composing the music, so it sounded like it fit the console versus something that could have been better and was compressed into garbage because the composer didn't know how to adjust to the materials he was given to work with.
15. 9/10 - This song is GREAT! I've never heard of this game before, but the instruments fit well together, the bass is given a significant role rather than some obscure instrument that adds only slightly to the sound, and the song's composition in general is pristine.
76. 8/10 - This song is fast-paced, is fitting for a battle, and wonderful, but as stated above, it does end fairly abruptly and personally, I don't love the GBA-verson of the trumpets; a remastered version of this would be much better.
96. 6.5/10 - Don't love it, but it's OK I guess. The whatever that instrument is sounds whiny, the song itself seems pretty monotonous, and this song seems a bit awkward-sounding. It may just be personal taste, but I'm not that huge on this song.
19. 8.5/10 - It was OK I guess until it got to the guitar solo. Then it stood out to me as great.

DuwangAnon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0516-7668-7793
10. 7/10 Good, but kinda average for the Ace Attorney series.
15. 9/10 Why does this sounds so much like a Tales song--oh wait Sakuraba. His works are ALWAYS great.
76. 8.5/10 A FF classic.
96. 7/10 I enjoyed hearing it in Project X Zone.
19. 8/10 Definitely one of my favorites from that game.

We got a pretty sweet line-up this time around. A couple classics, and a Sakuraba song. Sakuraba's always good.

D

Deleted member

10. 7/10 - For 8-bit-sounding GBA music, this is actually decent. Not that I dislike 8-bit music in general.
15. 6/10 - This one's okay, but all over the place.
76. 8/10 - I prefer the sound quality of the original Super Famicom/PS1 version of this piece overall, but dem trumpets.
96. 5/10 - Meh. I prefer other renditions of this song, Super Ghouls n' Ghosts and Mega Man 7 in particular. This song doesn't lend itself to Project X Zone's sound font.
19. 8/10 - The instrumentation and choir do blend well together.

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
10. Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations - Telling the Truth - 7/10. Definitely sounds snazzy, but it's not the best of the series, in my opinion.
15. Star Ocean 3 - Highbrow - 8/10. I noticed the Sakuraba right at the intro, haha. The instruments are all over the place at some points and sound a bit dissonant, but in a good way that makes everything fall in place again. I love the piano parts, too.
76. Final Fantasy 5 - Battle on the Big Bridge - 9/10.
7.5/10 Ended rather abruptly, but I really liked it.
Nah, it was just weirdly extended. I found a version that's a bit better in that aspect.
Another FF classic, and this time, I just love it. I had a blast playing FF5, and Gilgamesh is definitely one of the best villains in the FF series, in my opinion. He definitely has an epic theme to suit that, and I always looked forward to the next fight with him.
96. Project X Zone - Ghosts 'n Goblins - 7/10. That was a surprisingly fun listen. It sounds a bit spooky, but in the funny way, not in a genuinely scary one.
19. J Stars Victory VS - Two Steps from Hell - 8/10. Oh, this one is really damn good. I didn't play the game, and I'd probably enjoy it even more if I did, but this sounds like a really epic showdown, indeed.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
10. Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations - Telling the Truth 7.5/10 Not repetitive but nothing incredible. Decent.
15. Star Ocean 3 - Highbrow 8.5/10 Started off normal and then got awesome. Lots of good lines throughout the song.
76. Final Fantasy 5 - Battle on the Big Bridge 8.5/10 When the trumpets/brass start playing it becomes awesome.
96. Project X Zone - Ghosts 'n Goblins 7/10 Gives off the atmosphere of its title.
19. J Stars Victory VS - Two Steps from Hell 8/10 Nice guitar. The sounds mesh well together to create the atmosphere.

Dunban

Smash Journeyman
10. 7.6/10 - Good ol' Phoenix Wright. Nothing more to it.
15. 6/10 - Eh. Waiting for it to hit a peak but i'm still left wanting four minutes in.
76. 7.8/10 - Never heard this one before. That trumpet though.
96. 4/10 - It sounds spooky in the clichéd halloween way, which isn't a good thing.
19. 7.2/10 - That guitar is pretty damn good.

Last edited:

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
I guess you do have a point. Still not gong to vote tho becuase I'm lazy. :p
Now that I can respect, haha.
Nah, it was just weirdly extended. I found a version that's a bit better in that aspect.
You mean even when I check the video to see if it's extended, the extended versions still haunt me? FFFFFFF-well I didn't actually lower the score or anything just because it ended abruptly, so I guess in the end it's not much of a problem.

Top Bottom