• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ‘Would you rather have in smash?’ game thread

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Rumble,

Would you rather 3 remaster 64 stages make it in or every 64 stage return with original graphics

Last edited:

Almand

Smash Journeyman
Remaster. That's already 1/3 of the stages in 64, not to mention 5 of the 9 are already in Smash 4 (whether in only one version or in both).

WYR have zero things released on what Smash Switch adds (absolutely nothing until the invitational, and nothing else they add until launch), or have Sakurai release something every week or so (Characters, stages, etc., like he did for Brawl).

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Weekly updates. I miss the Dojo...

Would you rather Large Nose Ganondorf from Melee replace Ganondorf's default costume, or Large Beak Falco from Melee replace Falco's default costume?

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
Large nose Ganondorf

WYR have Baby Mario or the Stork for another Playable Yoshi Character?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Universal Gravitation. even through I like New Island's aesthetic and soundtrack (no, I'm not kidding. there's more to this soundtrack than the Yoshi Clan), I think YUG/YTT could have a really fun tilting gimmick

WYR have Jumpman, Pauline, Cranky, DK Jr. or Stanley as a DK arcade rep?

Last edited by a moderator:

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
Midna

WYR have
Option A:
Nintendo makes all preceding Smash games absolutely amazing casually(borderline flawless 10/10 rated from 99% of all people) with a pretty good competitive design(think no better than Smash 4). It will never increase in competitive focus or change gameplay from Smash 4, but each game will be substantially better than the last casually speaking(think of story mode, game modes, bosses, minigames, anything+everything).

or

Option B:
Nintendo's new direction of Smash is a competitive Esport game 1st, and casual 2nd. The gameplay will be the perfect mix between Smash 4 and Melee, but not be that great casually + content-wise. It will be Overwatch style where there really isn't much single-player content or story mode. The devs will work with the community in a similar way Blizzard does with OW. The game balance won't be perfect, but it will eventually get better over time.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Option A, by a longshot. Call me crazy, but I want Smash to appeal to a wide audience, and thus I think equal focus should be given to all aspects of each installment rather than hyperfocusing on the multiplayer experience and leaving the singleplayer to rot like Smash 4 did, which I think really hurt the final product more than most were willing to admit when the game was new. That way, anyone who really likes something that the competitive scene may not be super keen on - Story Mode or Break the Targets, for instance - won't feel alienated by future installments. Besides, this approach would probably lead to greater sales numbers from a purely pragmatic standpoint, even if I don't exactly agree with that line of reasoning.

Would you rather have Pichu, Squirtle, and Ivysaur all return (not necessarily with the same movesets as last time, mind you), but with another Pokemon cut to make room and no Pokemon newcomer, or just Decidueye get in and all the Pokemon in Smash 4 remain intact?

Last edited:

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
Pichu, Squirtle, and Ivysaur all return (not necessarily with the same movesets as last time, mind you), but with another Pokemon cut to make room and no Pokemon newcomer

Would you rather have Sandbag or Baby Mario be playable?

Caravan of Noobs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheCrazyPieMan
3DS FC
2621-3128-5801
Switch FC
SW-0260-3374-4829
Sandbag. There's not enough Smash Bros reps in Smash Bros. Sure the Mii Fighters are technically representing the Smash logo but Smash Bros needs more representation in Smash Bros. Odd how Nintendo's biggest fighting game doesn't have a playable character in Nintendo's biggest fighting game.

Would you rather Mario saying "YAHOO!" every time he attacks or Luigi saying "Help help." every time he gets hit?

osby

Smash Obsessed
K.Rool in base game, I'm not too fond of mods.
WYR all other games to be built on Brawl or 4?

osby

Smash Obsessed
IC in Smash! I won't pressure for them to get their own game until I have evidence that it's good.
WYR have 3D Mr. Game & Watch or helmetless Captain Falcon?

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Helmetless Falcon. 2-D is practically G&W's entire identity at this point, and taking that away from him would be taking away a huge part of what makes him stand out from the crowd.

Would you rather have Yoshi's design revert to Tiny Nose Yoshi from Melee, or have Zelda revert to her Melee design?

osby

Smash Obsessed
TP Zelda is gorgeous but her Melee design was fine too.
That gave me an idea: Melee or Brawl designs in clean HD?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Boo that plays soccer, like every other logical thinker.
Bowser with Jet Boots or Link with Monado?

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
Bowser with Jet Boots

WYR have Peach with the Ragnell (Ike's Sword) or have Marth with King Dedede's Hammer?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Marth with DDD's hammer because he'll find a way to swing it gracefully and I want to know how.
Buster Sword Kirby or Falchion Kirby?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Bandana Dee is cool.
WYR have a newcomer that seemingly everyone wants or underdog characters?

Last edited:

ShadowYoshi04

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3067-9785-8173
It really depends on the character. Ones that come to mind are Ridley, KKR, and Geno. I would pick ones that everybody wants.

Would you rather have 2 new Donkey Kong characters or 2 new Kirby characters?

Caravan of Noobs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheCrazyPieMan
3DS FC
2621-3128-5801
Switch FC
SW-0260-3374-4829
Les go Pichu!

Would you rather Marth's unused line from Melee,
, be used or Pikachu speaking like he does in the movie.

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
Marth's Unused Line because it'd be funny

Would you rather have Gru from Despicable Me or have Shrek?

ShadowYoshi04

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3067-9785-8173
SNES StarFox

Would you rather have your main in Smash 4 come back, but your most wanted character doesn’t make it in OR your Smash 4 main gets cut, and your most wanted character gets in?

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
My Smash 4 main gets cut, and My most wanted character gets in. I am generally a fan of finding new mains every here and there

Would you rather have Agitha or Ravio playable? (both are Zelda Characters)

Last edited:

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
I guess cut Pokeballs and Assist Trophies

WYR have Brinstar Depths OR Frigate Orpheon OR Norfair?

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
By process of elimination, Wii U stages return

WYR have Robin or Corrin return? (Whichever one you LIKE more)

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Robin. I find them both rather annoying to play against, but I like Robin's design and toolkit more from a conceptual standpoint and I really dislike the circumstances surrounding Corrin's being added in in the first place.

Would you rather have Little Mac from Captain Rainbow replace the current Little Mac, or the infamous Large Yoshi replace Yoshi?

Last edited:

ShadowYoshi04

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3067-9785-8173
Robin

Would you rather have no new Zelda characters (but Ganondorf and Toon Link are decloned) or 3 new Zelda characters are added (but Ganondorf and Toon Link stay as semi-clones)?

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
Robin. I find them both rather annoying to play against, but I like Robin's design and toolkit more from a conceptual standpoint and I really dislike the circumstances surrounding Corrin's being added in in the first place.

Would you rather have Little Mac from Captain Rainbow replace the current Little Mac, or the infamous Large Yoshi replace Yoshi?
Large Yoshi

Robin

Would you rather have no new Zelda characters (but Ganondorf and Toon Link are decloned) or 3 new Zelda characters are added (but Ganondorf and Toon Link stay as semi-clones)?
No new Zelda Characters but Decloned Ganondorf and Toon Link

Would you rather have Thrall or Garrosh Hellscream? (Both are Warcraft/World of Warcraft Characters)

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Thrall... whoever that is. only because his name sounds less edgy

WYR have all the newcomers be from the mediocre Canadian cartoons Cartoon Network used to put on in the afternoon as filler, or all of them be different variants of Mario?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Thé more Marios, the better?
WYR have Duck Hunt duck switched with Falco or Pikmin switched with little Yoshis?

Top Bottom