• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ‘Would you rather have in smash?’ game thread

G-Unit

Smash Cadet
I'm trying one more time. After that, I call it quits.

Should Charizard be a playable character, or as a Pokeball summon? You decide.

D

Deleted member

A playable character. There's no reason to change that.

Would you rather have Phoenix Wright or Monster Hunter as a 3rd Capcom rep?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Monster Hunter I guess. I actually played those games, and it seems overall far better as a fighter than Phoenix Wright.

Impa or a BOTW Champion (of your choice) ?

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Impa. She’s in more than one game. Would like some of the BOTW champions to still get dlc spots in Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition.

Would you rather have Dixie Kong and Cranky Kong both as new separate playable characters or K Rool as the only new playable character from Donkey Kong in Smash... but Lanky Kong comes to ARMs

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ohhh man SUCH A HARD CHOICE! But give me King K.Rool then. Am sure Dixie will make it eventually anyway. Plus, I'd buy ARMS only for Lanky Kong as well.

6 last minute clones like we had with Melee, or one newcomer with a totally new and unique moveset?

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Ohhh man SUCH A HARD CHOICE! But give me King K.Rool then. Am sure Dixie will make it eventually anyway. Plus, I'd buy ARMS only for Lanky Kong as well.

6 last minute clones like we had with Melee, or one newcomer with a totally new and unique moveset?
Thought you’d like that one.

Newcomer, tbh. I want to see some variance

Would you rather Smash Switch be Retro characters only or Mario characters only?
Retro. Especially because people consider things up to the N64 retro these days. Plus it means I’ll actually get Mike Jones (I imagine)... as well as no shortage of Mario characters.

Or did you mean retro studios?

So DK and Metroid or Mario? I guess Mario, as that keeps DK anyway.

-

Okay.

Would you rather have Zoda (Xenomorph looking villain from Star Tropics) or Murasame (bad guy from Murasame’s castle, the Takamaru game)? Both scenarios are for playable characters.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Thought you’d like that one.

Retro. Especially because people consider things up to the N64 retro these days. Plus it means I’ll actually get Mike Jones (I imagine)... as well as no shortage of Mario characters.

Or did you mean retro studios?

So DK and Metroid or Mario? I guess Mario, as that keeps DK anyway.

-

Okay.

Would you rather have Zoda (Xenomorph looking villain from Star Tropics) or Murasame (bad guy from Murasame’s castle, the Takamaru game)? Both scenarios are for playable characters.
Zoda (maybe even as transforming character with his multiple forms)

Wolf comes back, or Star Fox gets a new rep?

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Wolf comes back for me.

Indie Characters or more non-indie third party characters?

G-Unit

Smash Cadet
I'd say Boss Battles, if Nintendo and HAL were to make an "Adventure Two" mode that would only be available if you got all the DLC/add-on characters up to the final one.

What bonus stage would you rather have: Break The Targets or Break The Car?

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I'd say Boss Battles, if Nintendo and HAL were to make an "Adventure Two" mode that would only be available if you got all the DLC/add-on characters up to the final one.

What bonus stage would you rather have: Break The Targets or Break The Car?
In Smash, break the targets is admittedly better gameplay... but I’m going to have to go with break the car... because cars were made to be broken in bonus stages.

I am wrong. No car was actually made for that purpose. It turns out they are a mode of transportation. A mode of transportation worth bonus points when broken.

Would you rather have a playable sandbag and a playable primid as joke characters or a serious character entry in Detective Pikachu, but he has a taunt where he says “Elementary, my dear Wobbuffett.” That becomes completely meme spammed online.

MrGameguycolor

Smash Lord
NNID
MrGameguycolor
Switch FC
7681-9716-5789
Would you rather have a playable sandbag and a playable primid as joke characters or a serious character entry in Detective Pikachu, but he has a taunt where he says “Elementary, my dear Wobbuffett.” That becomes completely meme spammed online.
Sandbag and Primid.
At least they would be fun in concept instead of becoming an irritating meme.

Would you rather have lacking single player content, or 2 of your favorite fighters cut?

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Sandbag and Primid.
At least they would be fun in concept instead of becoming an irritating meme.

Would you rather have lacking single player content, or 2 of your favorite fighters cut?
I'd go with the lacking single player content in a heartbeat, if Jigglypuff got cut I'm not sure if I'd even want to play the next game at all.

Would you rather have Dark Matter + Marx or Bandana Dee + Magolor as newcomers this game?

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Bandana Dee EASILY. Magolor is a nice bonus

Would you rather

Unique Break the Target and Board the platform. Or Smash Run

Sprite

Smash Cadet
Ohh THat ones tough. I'll go with break the targets and board the platforms if it's a unique stage for each character, but I hope we get both.

Would you rather have captain toad or waluigi in smash 5?

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
Ohh THat ones tough. I'll go with break the targets and board the platforms if it's a unique stage for each character, but I hope we get both.

Would you rather have captain toad or waluigi in smash 5?
Heh, probably Waluigi. Lots of people seem to want him (if only for the jokes), and it would be fun to finally see that happen, even if I’m not really rooting for him. Captain Toad also has some limitations - he can’t jump in his own games - so Waluigi feels like a better fit.

Would you rather have 10 new Assist Trophies, or 10 new Pokémon added to the Pokéball?

Last edited:

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
10 new Assist Trophies, easy. I love Pokemon, but Assist Trophies allow a lot more obscure franchises and characters to be included, and are less restricted on what they can do!

Would you rather have 6 new Fire Emblem characters or 10 new Mario characters?

Last edited:

MrGameguycolor

Smash Lord
NNID
MrGameguycolor
Switch FC
7681-9716-5789
10 new Assist Trophies, easy. I love Pokemon, but Assist Trophies allow a lot more obscure franchises and characters to be included, and are less restricted on what they can do!

Would you rather have 6 new Fire Emblem characters or 10 new Mario characters?
10 Marios, more characters in general!

Would you rather have edge-hogging back or keep rage?

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
10 Marios, more characters in general!

Would you rather have edge-hogging back or keep rage?
I'll take edgehogging over rage, and no, before anyone brings it up, I'm totally not biased because of my character or anything...
I have no ulterior motives! :awesome:

Would you rather get an Super Mario Odyssey stage or a Breath of the Wild stage?

SoaPuffball

Smash Cadet
20 new. I don’t have any real favorite past stages.

Would you rather have Diancie as a playable or an assist? (had to mention Diancie atleast once soo)

WertQuadNine

Smash Journeyman
To avoid a dead thread...

Battleclash Assist Trophy or Bad Dudes third party assist trophy?
AHH I'm sorry I forgot to ask a question!!!

I'd say Battlecrash Assist Trophy since that'd be pretty interesting...

Now... would you rather have a Nintendo Labo character (kinda like ROB), or a Nintendo Labo stage?

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
AHH I'm sorry I forgot to ask a question!!!

I'd say Battlecrash Assist Trophy since that'd be pretty interesting...

Now... would you rather have a Nintendo Labo character (kinda like ROB), or a Nintendo Labo stage?
Easily a stage. I've seen a good amount of support for the Labo guy carrying a JoyCon, and while it looks like a fun idea, it's also not a character that I'm personally excited to see. On the other hand, a stage would not only allow them to show off many different types of Labo sets, but could very easily be a unique stage based on the idea of Labo, being a creative, DIY kind of thing. For example, what if the stage starts as a cardboard building, and then as you battled, you could attack different supports and walls to build something else? For instance, you could slowly build the robot, and it would start to move once it was completed, or you could simply take away parts of the floor to make it harder to fight on. And maybe as you destroyed pieces, you could obtain cardboard pieces to assemble things that would help you? It seems like there's a lot more potential in a stage than a character to me.

EDIT: Whoops, got beaten to the punch!

Rage.

Would you rather have a new F-Zero Character or new Earthbound Character?
I'd prefer to have an EarthBound character! Personal preference - never was too fond of F-Zero, but I love the EB/Mother games. Kumatora would be my personal favorite, but others like Jeff or Duster would be awesome to see too!

Would you rather get one new character from a popular series, or three new ones from stuff you've never heard of?

Last edited:

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Easily a stage. I've seen a good amount of support for the Labo guy carrying a JoyCon, and while it looks like a fun idea, it's also not a character that I'm personally excited to see. On the other hand, a stage would not only allow them to show off many different types of Labo sets, but could very easily be a unique stage based on the idea of Labo, being a creative, DIY kind of thing. For example, what if the stage starts as a cardboard building, and then as you battled, you could attack different supports and walls to build something else? For instance, you could slowly build the robot, and it would start to move once it was completed, or you could simply take away parts of the floor to make it harder to fight on. And maybe as you destroyed pieces, you could obtain cardboard pieces to assemble things that would help you? It seems like there's a lot more potential in a stage than a character to me.

EDIT: Whoops, got beaten to the punch!

I'd prefer to have an EarthBound character! Personal preference - never was too fond of F-Zero, but I love the EB/Mother games. Kumatora would be my personal favorite, but others like Jeff or Duster would be awesome to see too!

Would you rather get one new character from a popular series, or three new ones from stuff you've never heard of?
Three from stuff I have never heard of.

Would you rather have the Bumper or Flipper from Melee?

Last edited:

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
Three from stuff I have never heard of.

Would you rather have the Bumper or Flipper from Melee?
The bumper! I find it a lot more fun - even though I usually play with items off, it's pretty funny when bumpers appear. They send people flying way farther than the flipper, and they're generally more useful! I've had matches with friends where we only turn bumpers on - it's quite an experience. :p

Would you rather have a stage based on Breath of the Wild, or Mario Odyssey? (they'll almost definitely do both though haha)

Last edited:

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Without platform fighting, Smash loses its unique feel. Remove 3/4 of the cast, as much as it pains me. Oops!
I think New Donk City or something else would be more my speed.

Would you rather have Crash Bandicoot or Spyro?

Last edited:

SoaPuffball

Smash Cadet
playable tingle. i dont care about character slots since they don’t exist.

would you prefer diancie or magearna to be playable? (sorry for doing diancie again)

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
Paper Mario. The OG Donkey Kong bezel makes Jumpman look creepy.

Would you rather have every franchise with only one rep get at least one new character OR have a four character limit to each franchise?

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Paper Mario. The OG Donkey Kong bezel makes Jumpman look creepy.

Would you rather have every franchise with only one rep get at least one new character OR have a four character limit to each franchise?
Every franchise with only one rep gets someone new. I don’t work well with limits.

Would you rather have two new mii archetypes, or playable primids?

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Two new Mii archetypes, easily. Mage should be one of them, as there are a lot of characters with supernatural powers in Smash, so it’s weird to see the Miis miss out on that entire niche. I don’t think Smash should represent it’s own original character as playable, and especially not Primids.

Would you rather have playable Dixie Kong, (not a clone of Diddy), or playable Cranky Kong?

Last edited:

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
The new Miis could actually be fun.
Edit: Also Cranky Kong because we don't have any old characters.

Would you rather have stage hazards as a toggle setting and fixed menu or a Melee game loading speed?

Last edited:
Top Bottom