• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

That's right - Meowth for Smash Switch

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I made a special moveset concept for Meowth (this one's assuming Meowth was a member of the original 12 instead of :ultjigglypuff:)

Meowth
B : Pay Day
; Meowth flings a flurry of coins as long as B is held; the attack gets weaker over time
B + Forwards : Thief; Meowth pounces the opponent; if they have an item, Meowth steals it
B + Up : Blast Off!; Meowth is launched high from a small explosion
B + Down : Fake Out; Meowth feigns a defenseless look, then slaps the opponent twice when hit
Final Smash: Rocket Balloon; Jessie and James appear and catch opponents with a huge net, only for their hot air balloon to pop and fly offscreen as Meowth falls off

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
So it looks like Jessie and James will show up in your pictures when you take pictures on Pokémon GO.

And this fan took a picture of Meowth with Team Rocket.

They're appearing for battles as well. They also head up a new Special Research quest for Shiny Celebi.

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
So it looks like Jessie and James will show up in your pictures when you take pictures on Pokémon GO.

And this fan took a picture of Meowth with Team Rocket.

I think I saw a bit of that earlier this morning but I dismissed it as simply a fan edit. That's really cool to see, though I do wish Meowth appeared in it as well, though I suppose this could be payback for all the times we've have had Meowth featured but not them (like in Pikachu shorts, Pichu bros specials, some games etc) 😛.

Also I've been working on somethings for months for a project of mine, here's a sneak peak:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Just wanted to get this out.

Team Rocket special moves
Down B - Pokemon Change
  • Ekans and Koffing take turns as Meowth's tag team partner.
Final Smash - Gigantamax Meowth
  • Meowth glows and grows big and tall. Meowth uses G-Max Gold Rush to cause Pay Day coins to rain down.

Meowth & Ekans special moves
B - Stockpile / Swallow / Spit Up
  • This move is like a mix of Wario's Chomp and Mr. Game & Watch's Oil Panic.
  • Ekans uses Swallow to swallow nearby opponents and uses Spit Up to spit up opponents.
  • Ekans uses Stockpile to swallow up to three projectiles and uses Spit Up to spit up poisonous acid.
Side B - Wrap / Pay Day
  • Meowth sics Ekans at the opponent. If Ekans connects with an opponent, Ekans uses Wrap to wrap and squeeze the opponent... and then Meowth uses Pay Day to throw coins at the trapped opponent.
Up B - Bite / Coil / Slash
  • Ekans uses Coil to coil and concentrate and then uses Bite to leap. This is a tether recovery move.
  • This move hits two times. First by Ekans's Bite... and the second by Meowth's Slash when Meowth runs up Ekans's body to the ledge. Meowth's Slash hits really hard.

Meowth & Koffing special moves
B - Poison Gas
  • Koffing floats above Meowth and uses Poison Gas. This move hits multiple times very quickly and can easily rack up damage like Ivysaur's Bullet Seed.
Side B - Poison Gas / Self-Destruct
  • This is like a remote-controlled Jigglypuff's Rest and Piranha Plant's Poison Breath.
  • Meowth sics Koffing at the opponent. You hold down the B button and move the control stick to direct Koffing's flight path. You release the B button and Koffing explodes via Self-Destruct.
  • Koffing also uses Poison Gas while it is floating around. The poisonous clouds trailed behind Koffing will poison the opponents (if they are in the poisonous clouds) but they don't cause opponents to flinch.
Up B - Fury Swipes / Destiny Bond
  • Koffing uses Destiny Bond on Meowth to discourage opponents from hitting Meowth during recovery. Meowth uses Fury Swipes as recovery.
  • Meowth leaps up and... if Meowth connects with an opponent... scratches the opponent multiple times (with Pay Day coins flying everywhere) and then leaps off the opponent.
  • Meowth leaps up and... if an opponent hits Meowth... falls off the screen and then the opponent loses a stock. Meowth lost a stock so the opponent lost a stock too.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
See? Sakurai just added another transforming character a la Zelda/Sheik and Pokemon Trainer.

Pyra/Mythra seems like a cross between Zelda/Sheik and Fire Emblem characters (anime swordfighters)

Well, my idea for Team Rocket was that they would be like a cross between Pokemon Trainer and Ice Climbers (or Rosalina & Luma or Duck Hunt).

Meowth = Popo, Rosalina, Dog
Ekans and Koffing = Nana, Luma, Duck

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
See? Sakurai just added another transforming character a la Zelda/Sheik and Pokemon Trainer.

Pyra/Mythra seems like a cross between Zelda/Sheik and Fire Emblem characters (anime swordfighters)

Well, my idea for Team Rocket was that they would be like a cross between Pokemon Trainer and Ice Climbers (or Rosalina & Luma or Duck Hunt).

I'd argue there's multiple ways you could go about it even, whether it be with Jessie, James, Arbok, Weezing or Wobbuffet too. But that only adds to the potential these characters hold together really.
My own one planned for my mod works different but it'd be hard to explain. Unfortunately due to Brawl filesize limits, I cannot include Arbok and Weezing in mine.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'd argue there's multiple ways you could go about it even, whether it be with Jessie, James, Arbok, Weezing or Wobbuffet too. But that only adds to the potential these characters hold together really.
My own one planned for my mod works different but it'd be hard to explain. Unfortunately due to Brawl filesize limits, I cannot include Arbok and Weezing in mine.
It is interesting how the Nintendo newcomers in the Fighter's Pass are from Switch games that are too late to make it to the base game.

Fire Emblem Three Houses (2019) - Byleth
Arms (2017) - Min Min
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (2017) - Pyra/Mythra

If this trend continues, maybe we might get a Pokemon newcomer from either Pokemon Let's Go (2018) or Pokemon Sword/Shield (2019).

I hope Meowth & Team Rocket gets in Smash... but my fear is that they would put Team Rocket without Meowth in Smash... just like what happened to Rex when Pyra/Mythra got in Smash without Rex (yeah, he's a part of Final Smash but it's not the same). Ugh... Ekans/Koffing (or Arbok/Weezing) without Meowth... maybe Meowth could even get in only as part of Team Rocket's Final Smash as Gigantamax Meowth... :crying:

That would be the final nail in the coffin and all hope is lost forever. Meowth was never going to make it as a solo fighter... and that's why I started supporting Meowth & Team Rocket for Smash... since there is a small chance that Meowth could still get in Smash as a team fighter. It's better than nothing. :(

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

so we're still going with meowth riding on wobuffet?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
so we're still going with meowth riding on wobuffet?
I'd down for that.

If only Wobbuffet joined Team Rocket in the games...

I am hoping that there will be a Pokemon Let's Go to Johto game (maybe Pichu/Togepi instead of Pikachu/Eevee)... and that the Team Rocket trio are back... and that Wobbuffet joins them.

Oh, and they still need to let Meowth talk like in Pokemon Masters and battle like in Pokemon Yellow (it is BS that Meowth didn't battle in Pokemon Let's Go).

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I'd down for that.

If only Wobbuffet joined Team Rocket in the games...

I am hoping that there will be a Pokemon Let's Go to Johto game (maybe Pichu/Togepi instead of Pikachu/Eevee)... and that the Team Rocket trio are back... and that Wobbuffet joins them.

Oh, and they still need to let Meowth talk like in Pokemon Masters and battle like in Pokemon Yellow (it is BS that Meowth didn't battle in Pokemon Let's Go).
yeah theyre stuck in gen 1 in the games

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
It is interesting how the Nintendo newcomers in the Fighter's Pass are from Switch games that are too late to make it to the base game.

Fire Emblem Three Houses (2019) - Byleth
Arms (2017) - Min Min
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (2017) - Pyra/Mythra

If this trend continues, maybe we might get a Pokemon newcomer from either Pokemon Let's Go (2018) or Pokemon Sword/Shield (2019).

I hope Meowth & Team Rocket gets in Smash... but my fear is that they would put Team Rocket without Meowth in Smash... just like what happened to Rex when Pyra/Mythra got in Smash without Rex (yeah, he's a part of Final Smash but it's not the same). Ugh... Ekans/Koffing (or Arbok/Weezing) without Meowth... maybe Meowth could even get in only as part of Team Rocket's Final Smash as Gigantamax Meowth... :crying:

That would be the final nail in the coffin and all hope is lost forever. Meowth was never going to make it as a solo fighter... and that's why I started supporting Meowth & Team Rocket for Smash... since there is a small chance that Meowth could still get in Smash as a team fighter. It's better than nothing. :(
I'd imagine if it's not Meowth who's the main playable character it's a controllable Jessie and James (or both at once with Meowth somewhere), which I wouldn't hate too hard as long as Meowth is the main controllable one overall. I don't feel the Arbok and Weezing line are as significant enough as them to be the only controllable ones.
Plus with Rex and Springman being put aside it's not quite the same as a longtime established character, they were fresh faces with a fresh world (even in Xenoblade 2's case somewhat) so it made more sense there.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
And your serious answer?
My serious answer?

Snap looks genuinely gorgeous and I'm excited for it. Not like super frothing at the mouth to play it, but the most excited I've been for a Pokemon title since X/Y.

Legends meanwhile might be worth keeping an eye on. Maybe.

When I first saw it I was very excited because I thought Pokemon was doing something fresh and exciting but then I saw the combat and it's...honestly not changed much since the very first Red and Blue/Green game.
It's slicker, the animations have improved(sort of, check out the Chimchar 'Not Lucas' catches on full screen and it's basically like looking at the Crystal sprites animations), but as an actual game franchise it's ironically not evolved much to the point the series is hard to get excited about for me.

The Diamond and Pearl remakes have me worried, not just because they visually look bad compared to even Pokemon Let's Go and Sword and Shield, but because I'm getting serious ORAS vibes where they'll ignore the quality of life upgrades the third entry made and keep all the annoyances from the first two games.
I don't know why ORAS did that when HGSS took a lot of improvements from Crystal and kept them in. Just weird a choice, but I feel like Brilliant Diamond and Shiny Pearl might be more ORAS than HGSS.

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
0/10 for the Pokemon Presents. No Meowth's Party. When will they learn that's all we ever really wanted? God damn it Gamefreak!

I did spy a Meowth plush in the back during the presentation though, so at least we saw a little something.
On the topic of that, I do hope that someday a build of it does end up being leaked (or just more info on what it was), between it being featured in Pokemon Channel with a supposed alpha build (speculated), the Melee Meowth model having its own rig and seemingly ported from it and being featured in Pokepark 2005 as a cafe theme, it really does seem like it was planned to be its own project.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
On the topic of that, I do hope that someday a build of it does end up being leaked (or just more info on what it was), between it being featured in Pokemon Channel with a supposed alpha build (speculated) and in Pokepark 2005 as a cafe theme, it really does seem like it was planned to be its own project.
Good point. Some of these tech demos got repurposed for other things. Mario 128 ended up going on to inspire Pikmin and Mario Galaxy after all.

Maybe Meowth's Party was repurposed for something else, not even Pokemon related?

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
Good point. Some of these tech demos got repurposed for other things. Mario 128 ended up going on to inspire Pikmin and Mario Galaxy after all.

Maybe Meowth's Party was repurposed for something else, not even Pokemon related?
I always had a small theory that some of it may be what led to Donkey Konga in some way.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
My serious answer?

Snap looks genuinely gorgeous and I'm excited for it. Not like super frothing at the mouth to play it, but the most excited I've been for a Pokemon title since X/Y.

Legends meanwhile might be worth keeping an eye on. Maybe.

When I first saw it I was very excited because I thought Pokemon was doing something fresh and exciting but then I saw the combat and it's...honestly not changed much since the very first Red and Blue/Green game.
It's slicker, the animations have improved(sort of, check out the Chimchar 'Not Lucas' catches on full screen and it's basically like looking at the Crystal sprites animations), but as an actual game franchise it's ironically not evolved much to the point the series is hard to get excited about for me.

The Diamond and Pearl remakes have me worried, not just because they visually look bad compared to even Pokemon Let's Go and Sword and Shield, but because I'm getting serious ORAS vibes where they'll ignore the quality of life upgrades the third entry made and keep all the annoyances from the first two games.
I don't know why ORAS did that when HGSS took a lot of improvements from Crystal and kept them in. Just weird a choice, but I feel like Brilliant Diamond and Shiny Pearl might be more ORAS than HGSS.
Fair enough

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I support Meowth!

he's probably the biggest gap in Pokemon's reps besides Eevee and if he;s the Team Rocket version that'd be even better!
The problem is that the team rocket version is a little too much anime

And i still think Giovanni with Persian makes a bit more sense

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I mean isn't the reason they made Giovanni have a Persian because of TR Meowth anyway? Prior he just had Ground types.
Yeah but atleast there arent really any barriers for his persian because it cant talk

Hm representing Pokemon is dificult

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
Yeah but atleast there arent really any barriers for his persian because it cant talk

Hm representing Pokemon is dificult
But there's been talking Meowths outside the anime too (like pokemon channel), plus Mewtwo and Lucario talk and grunt in Smash, something only a few do, mainly their movie counterparts.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
But there's been talking Meowths outside the anime too (like pokemon channel), plus Mewtwo and Lucario talk and grunt in Smash, something only a few do, mainly their movie counterparts.
Oh yeah hmmmmm i mean i still prefer Trainers but i guess if he doesnt quote the Anime too directly its fine

But speaking of Anime talking Charas they completly Ruined Meta Knight in smash why does he have a Voice?????

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
So whilst I'm a little frazzled on mainline Pokemon(although interesting to note I did buy Sword because of the limited time Dynamax Meowth...and solely for that, cripes), I'm hoping the spinoffs can get me back into the series again.

So how was the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon remake from last year?

It feels like that title flew under the radar for many, but I'm downloading the demo for it now as I remembered good old Meowth is a playable starter alongside Machop who is another personal favourite of mine.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So whilst I'm a little frazzled on mainline Pokemon(although interesting to note I did buy Sword because of the limited time Dynamax Meowth...and solely for that, cripes), I'm hoping the spinoffs can get me back into the series again.

So how was the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon remake from last year?
It feels like that title flew under the radar for many, but I'm downloading the demo for it now as I remembered good old Meowth is a playable starter alongside Machop who is another personal favourite of mine.
The Pokémon Mystery Dungeon remake is pretty fun. I liked it and I got to pretend it is Meowth’s own game. It is also my first Pokémon Mystery Dungeon game. As to whether it will be my first or only game remains to be seen.

After all, I didn’t get Super Mystery Dungeon since the starters were nothing but starters, Pikachu, and Riolu. That’s it? Pass! I like the remake, not only because of Meowth but also because it gave other non-starter Pokémon not named Pikachu like Skitty, Machop, Psyduck, and Cubone a chance to be the main character.

Let’s hope they remake Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky (let’s call it Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Explorers DX) for the Switch... as it did have Meowth plus Sinnoh starters (relevant again thanks to Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl and Pokémon Legends Arceus) plus newcomers (at the time) like Vulpix, Phanpy, Shinx, and Munchlax. Maybe it could be my second game.

Oh! Just imagine if they made a new Pokémon Mystery Dungeon game and it has Meowth, Alolan Meowth, and Galarian Meowth as possible starters along with new starters and non-starter Pokémon. And then it could be possible to have two Meowth on the same team (player and partner) since they are all different types. I’m getting ahead of myself...

So yeah. I liked the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon remake enough to dream about new remakes and new games. And it is all thanks to Meowth for motivating me to try a new Pokémon spin-off game.

Top Bottom