• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

That's All Folks! General Looney Tunes Thread

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
As the son of a devote looney tunes fan i felt compelled to make a general thread for them. so come on gang lets us discuss some of the most well known cartoon characters there are.

and please lets stick to the actually looney tunes. none of this lebron james person people keep going on about

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
My three most wanted Looney Tunes characters are Daffy Duck, Marvin the Martian, and Yosemite Sam.

If I had to pick one out of those three, it would have to be Marvin the Martian. In my opinion, it feels like Marvin doesn’t get enough love anymore. He could have a lot of potential with his Martian gadgets and with K-9 by his side.

AlRex

Smash Lord
I feel like Daffy Duck is a must-have, Marvin the Martian and Wile E. Coyote have a ton to pull from, and the Tasmanian Devil, Yosemite Sam, and Elmer Fudd are definitely strong combatants. Honestly, a Looney Tunes/Warner animation platform fighter by itself would've been great. I have a question: do Tiny Toon Adventures, Animaniacs, Freakazoid, etc. count for this?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I feel like Daffy Duck is a must-have, Marvin the Martian and Wile E. Coyote have a ton to pull from, and the Tasmanian Devil, Yosemite Sam, and Elmer Fudd are definitely strong combatants. Honestly, a Looney Tunes/Warner animation platform fighter by itself would've been great. I have a question: do Tiny Toon Adventures, Animaniacs, Freakazoid, etc. count for this?
the latter 2 arent looney tunes

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
the latter 3 arent looney tunes
Tiny Toons is a fairly direct spin-off of Looney Tunes, but I also get it for Animaniacs and Freakazoid, although sometimes they seem like they share a universe.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Tiny Toons is a fairly direct spin-off of Looney Tunes, but I also get it for Animaniacs and Freakazoid, although sometimes they seem like they share a universe.
that was a typo i meant latter 2

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I'm surprised Daffy isn't in already. He's definitely my most-wanted Looney Tunes character, especially because he could bring along Duck Amuk perhaps as a stage, Duck Dodgers costume or moves, etc. Also he's funny.
God Duck Amuck would be the best transition stage. Daffy has so many costumes that could be added alongside both Duck Dodgers costumes

332644E8-BC28-4576-87E6-BE34306EBAED.jpeg
72827BD0-62CA-45BC-9EF1-82BF7192E174.jpeg
9D265459-AA83-4BA4-98E0-26C4801536B3.jpeg
FF80DC16-08A8-4124-B97C-4AA0580A1698.jpeg

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Not a character but a stage I would love is one is an ACME Warehouse, something like in Back in Action, the actual stage layout would be deceptively similar to Smash Battlefield but over time a bunch of hazards appear and affect the stage and some actions could even change the shape of the stage, like a crazier version of Midgar.

Oh and it would also have a remix of Powerhouse, something along these lines:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
if daffy doesnt get an attack with his beak spinning around id be very disappointed

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So Lola isn’t one of my high priority characters for this but some potential moves did come to mind for how she could play.

-So I primarily see her fighting with a basketball and utilizing that in her moves, one move that came to mind I think would be humorous is her putting one foot on the ball and sliding it behind her with an innocent look on her face to trip up any opponents behind her. I can also see her passing the ball to her teammate as a teamwork move as giving them a fast projectile.

-Her recovery move I see a basket spawning above her as she hops up and dunks her ball in it, the ball acting like a projectile on the way down then hops off the basket for more height. She could also use it to dunk an opponent if she’s near one when she activated it. However if the basket gets destroyed before she touches it, she’ll plummet straight down when trying to dunk it

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
I'd love to see Daffy get in. Maybe he could be a higher-risk version of Bugs, where his attacks might be stronger but he's liable to hurt himself in some way.

Another character I'd love to see aside from Daffy would be Taz. Considering how wild he is, I could imagine he'd play much different from Bugs or Daffy. Maybe be a bruiser class instead of mage/ranged.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I'd love to see Daffy get in. Maybe he could be a higher-risk version of Bugs, where his attacks might be stronger but he's liable to hurt himself in some way.

Another character I'd love to see aside from Daffy would be Taz. Considering how wild he is, I could imagine he'd play much different from Bugs or Daffy. Maybe be a bruiser class instead of mage/ranged.
I definitely picture Daffy and Marvin both being mage/ranged while Taz is a bruiser.

Not sure what would fit Wile E.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I'm with the rest of you, Daffy and Marvin are must haves. It'd be interesting to see how they pull off Daffy, since Bugs is supposedly based on the version of the character from the most recent HBO Max shorts. Daffy can feel like two totally different characters at times. Will they use the screwball Daffy, the narcissistic Daffy, or a mash of both like his characterization in the first Space Jam?

Not sure what would fit Wile E.
Wile E. would absolutely be a trapper/zoner. Catching prey in traps is what he's all about.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Couple thoughts for further LT content:

-When Daffy gets in he should have a stance change mechanic where he switches between his three personalities: wacky, greedy and adventurous

-Even if Wile E. doesn’t make the cut, I’d at least like a desert stage based off the Coyote and Road Runner cartoons that has:

1. Each character gets their own scientific title in the beginning of the match like Bugs Bunny (Lepus Smartalecus) or Velma (Opticus Impairedus)
2. The stage has its own ringout animation where if a fighter gets KO’d on the bottom blast line, it shows a view of them falling off the cliff Coyote style

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
I love me some Looney Tunes, I even bought a Speedy Gonzales plush last week from a garage sale.

My most wanted LT characters are Wile E. Coyote and Daffy Duck/Duck Dodgers.

I'm very happy with the current representation LT currently has: Bugs Bunny and Taz are both amazing choices. Can't wait to see Marvin in action.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Besides Queen Tyr'ahnee, the LT characters I'd like to see are Yosemite Sam and Wile E. Coyote. Daffy and Marvin may presumably be coming soon.

I'm with the rest of you, Daffy and Marvin are must haves. It'd be interesting to see how they pull off Daffy, since Bugs is supposedly based on the version of the character from the most recent HBO Max shorts. Daffy can feel like two totally different characters at times. Will they use the screwball Daffy, the narcissistic Daffy, or a mash of both like his characterization in the first Space Jam?
What makes his case particularly interesting is that there was a leak that reportedly noted he may get in as his Duck Dodgers persona.

I'm surprised Daffy isn't in already. He's definitely my most-wanted Looney Tunes character, especially because he could bring along Duck Amuk perhaps as a stage, Duck Dodgers costume or moves, etc. Also he's funny.
Duck Amuck would be a fantastic stage. Right now, the ones we have are mostly sterile in terms of gimmicks.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Now, it seems that for some reason Marvin the Martian has been left out of the server. Almost makes it seem like they may save him for later in favor of a character that might be more season-appropriate for the late October/early November period...

So, don't assume it's all folks for him, it's likely that they're prioritizing someone else for the time being.

Last edited:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
It's really nice to see Marvin finally getting officially confirmed.

Kinda strange there was no Twitter announcement, maybe they'll post something tomorrow.

Still personally rooting for Daffy Duck/Duck Dodgers and Wile. E Coyote.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Wish Marvin had his instant martians, though I guess the minion gimmick would get old between Watermelon Stevens, Meeseeks and if leaks are to be believed Flying Monkeys at least.

Still surprised Marvin was made to be an assassin. It’d be totally funny if Daffy made the cut and he winds up being a Support class.

Hell, add in Gossamer as a tank and we have all five classes represented in the LT cast

Veca Gorebyss

Smash Journeyman
¤

i want to create a move list for dizzy devil.

i kind of am busy. and so drained. haha. but. here. adding on though. more to come in a bit.

up b | dizzys hat lifts him torpedo body style | hat spin has disjointed hitbox with as if smash 64 links neutral a on ground sound effects | his whole body becomes a solid steel force and even with sound effect as if dededes back air in brawl

b | dizzy spins suddenly with sound effect from [ 10:38 - 10:47 | tiny toon adventures acme all stars soccer | playful cinema | just sharing 2 moves lol ] | charged will have dizzy simply just increase damage and knockback and speed | a very useful combo as if a neutral jab combo | will disrupt sized strength like links neutral a or box throw-upons

down smash | soft sound effect during lower body spin | probably small rising wind sound as if how a tornado sound far away | some sort of smack onto ground as if a characters enegery blast onto ground | gusts away nearby opponents with some random placed beyond dizzys body hitboxes totaling 4 attacks in the gust | dizzy begins spinning lower body | suddenly hops after full charge | the actual lower body spin will cause somewhat powerful knockback but the gust on both sides is more powerful | the lower body spin will as if control the characters and sort just spit them out as if a fail move

3:07 - 3:10 | tiny toon all stars soccer | abiding gamer | forward throw | simply pushes opponent off chest | disjointed hitboxes | multiple in other words for pretty in close opponents | past a particular damage level will start volleyballing opponent high into sky and even having opponent fall as one | makes opponent forcibly fall as if soccer ball until hit ground

grab | small tornado spin with tiny toon all stars beginning spin sound effect | goal is to suck opponent inner first and do a reach grab as startling as when ness run grabs compared to his standing grab

neautral a | bites | can clank with things | is a useful quick jab | rather powerful

ground a after first a | begins chomping forwardly with close eyes | has no ending powerful bite | rather just pushes back like links sword in smash 64 but seems a suck-in attack

ground a tilt | can charge | throws spinning hat further depending on charge release | knockback affect exactly like toon links ground up b in brawl

down ground tilt a | to make him look more toon-like does some bodily hand and feet cartwheeling in fashion of hopping

a | run attack | slides

4:06 - 4:10 | tiny toons all star soccer | abiding gamer

side smash | intro sound effect from "all stars" spin | arm over face forms a non-damaging spin in lower body | throws a really clear and really see-through but obvious twirling gust in front of body but midway returns to a normal bodily stance without the lower body spin | is non-directional

up smash | charging | perches self onto hat | sometimes will be in legs spread apart funny standing position as if just there | sometimes will have legs spread further apart | damaging regardless | body suddenly spins and forms its more realistic cloudy spin but crafts a real slightly long whirlwind above body

throw | back | in tribute to his strong physique just throws without facing backward an opponent behind him

throw | down | dizzy puts opponent under him and spins lower body above opponent | whirling them around on the ground silly | throws opponent after in random directions | can make character slide at times

throw | up | in tribute to his strong physique literally jumps up with character and volleyballs them | upside down squished "U" arch opponent goes

¤

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Just noticed that Marvin’s flag is kinda similar to a neutral special I had in mind for Daffy. It was Daffy nailing a ____ Season sign to an opponent and all projectiles will lock onto them for a short time, even their ally’s

Mr Hairyman

Smash Cadet
I hope we get some DC skins for the Looney Tunes characters

My most wanted skin would have to be the Braniac Marvin costume from the Super Rabbit episode from the Looney Tunes Show. Zod Duck would also be cool if Daffy ever came.

I grew up preferring animation over live-action, which I still do. As such, I have a sizable list of Looney Tunes newcomers for after MultiVersus relaunches.
  1. Wile E. Coyote
  2. Daffy Duck
  3. Tweety
  4. Elmer Fudd
  5. Yosemite Sam
  6. Porky Pig
  7. Sylvester
  8. Foghorn Leghorn
  9. Speedy Gonzales
  10. Penelope Pussycat
  11. Michigan J. Frog
  12. Yoyo Dodo
  13. Cool Cat
  14. Bosko
I'd imagine some of these would need explanations. I'm happy to oblige.
  • Wile E. Coyote, Daffy Duck, Elmer Fudd, Yosemite Sam, and Sylvester are must-haves for a game like this. You can easily see them fight in MultiVersus by just watching a few of their cartoons.
  • Tweety, on the other hand, is harder to consider. Either we go for his featherless look for a playstyle, but with his iconic plumage added, or we have Granny and Hector protect him throughout the match. One of those two could be fun.
  • Porky Pig does have some good points if he were invited. He's the first Looney Tune who tried to shoot Daffy, so we know Porky's good with handling rifles. On the other hand, there are cartoons like The Blow Out that show him being destructive without meaning to. Heck, we can even have Porky represent Daffy's greedy side by pulling from Duck Dodgers, Drip Along Daffy, and Deduce, You Say. There's our loophole for getting Screwball Daffy in the game as the only Daffy in the game.
  • Foghorn Leghorn could be characterized as "that guy you wish would shut up for good", so to make his moveset unique, let's have Henery Hawk, Barnyard Dawg, and Miss Prissy all do that, albeit with three different reasons why. While Foghorn is yapping all the while.
  • Speedy Gonzales, despite the fears of being seen as problematic, which is a can of worms the size of an Andy Warhol painting, would absolutely be our Sonic equivalent if The Flash is unavailable. Maybe Slowpoke Rodriguez could come in with his gun and hypnosis, too.
  • Penelope Pussycat. The unwitting "dame" of Pepe Le Pew's desires, and arguably the real reason the skunk is banned from the WB lot. I'd imagine there are some things we can do that don't involve that particular skunk. She's not afraid to scratch out of self-defense, you know. She can also evade with ease, as her skunk disguise has occasionally been to get stuff cats don't get to have.
  • I just thought that Michigan J. Frog would be cool. Maybe do stuff to represent The WB to fill in his moveset blanks.
  • Yoyo Dodo is a "me" pick that actually has a LOT more potential. He hails from Wackyland, the kind of place those who allowed the Animation Age Ghetto to prosper thought all animation was like. Do I need to say more?
  • If we have to pick something from the 1960s, Cool Cat might be the only good option. I don't know what he could do, because I've never seen any of his shorts.
  • On the reverse side of the spectrum, Bosko is the best black-and-white Looney Tune to pull from, which does not say much for that era. Sadly, he might be more controversial than Speedy is, for reasons I would rather not disclose on the forum that assumes Robin's first secret identity and Muttley's racing partner automatically translates to male genitalia.
Honestly, I just wish Loons: The Fight For Fame wasn't as limiting as it is, because we could have had an honest-to-ACME Looney Tunes platform fighter by now.

Veca Gorebyss

Smash Journeyman
Foghorn Leghorn could be characterized as "that guy you wish would shut up for good", so to make his moveset unique, let's have Henery Hawk, Barnyard Dawg, and Miss Prissy all do that, albeit with three different reasons why. While Foghorn is yapping all the while.

"••bugs to daffy | countryish•• now see here."

just the way you said "let's have" and then me visualizing bugs at Daffy's throaht made me giggle haha.

Attachments

Top Bottom