• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

That horrible travel ban is gone!

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
Did you guys hear? The Federal Appeals court struck down the ban. Thank god that not even President Trump is above the law. How do you guys feel, I'm smiling from ear to ear.

bboss

Smash Journeyman
Yo lady_sky skipper lady_sky skipper ! I know you won't be automatically mad and hateful at me so I'm going to state my thoughts on the issue: I think Trump is doing what he thinks is keeping the nation safe by enacting the travel ban. Thanks :)

Last edited:

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
Yo lady_sky skipper lady_sky skipper ! I know you won't be automatically mad and hateful at me so I'm going to state my thoughts on the issue: I think Trump is doing what he thinks is keeping the nation safe by enacting the travel ban. Thanks :)
It's not making America safer, most of the terrorists actually came from Saudi Arabia. Also, ISIS can use the ban as propaganda to say "See! America wants to destroy Islam!" Trump did said during his campaign that he wanted a Muslim ban and it's unconstitutional to put a religious test as a prerequisite for entering the country.

By the way, thanks for the compliment, I try to debate without being a jerk on the internet.

bboss

Smash Journeyman
It's not making America safer, most of the terrorists actually came from Saudi Arabia. Also, ISIS can use the ban as propaganda to say "See! America wants to destroy Islam!" Trump did said during his campaign that he wanted a Muslim ban and it's unconstitutional to put a religious test as a prerequisite for entering the country.

By the way, thanks for the compliment, I try to debate without being a jerk on the internet.
Hahaha no problem, you're actually one of the very few reasonable people I've found on the internet.

Why does this sound like the media talking? Everything you stated I have heard in the mainstream media. Not that what you said isn't necessarily true, but I really don't trust the media after the election, saying that Trump had "no chance" at winning the election.

Saudi Arabia? Hmmm I've never heard this. I heard most terrorists come from Muslim-heavy sovereign states such as Syria and other countries that have Sharia law (which, by the way, is horrible and completely unjust).

The reason I support the ban is because the one thing I'm scared of in the world is Sharia law, and the only way for Sharia law to make its way into the country is immigrants. You take any religious law, for example: Jewish law only applies to Jews, Canon law only applies to Catholics. But Sharia law applies to every single person on the earth. If you, as a woman, went outside without your hijab on in a Muslim country, you would be shot, as the death penalty is required. If I as a man drew a picture of the prophet Mohammed, depicting him the wrong way, by Sharia law, I have to be executed. If I am a Muslim, decide to become a Christian, and someone finds out, by Sharia law, I am required to be killed, as I am an apostate.

25% of Muslim immigrants in Britain think that Sharia law should be enacted. Do you have any gay friends? In Britain? Muslims kill (actually, throw off buildings) gays, so it is a huge problem for the homosexual community in Britain, as they are living in fear.

There are huge problems in schools in Canada and Europe. Islam teaches young men that women can be beaten and assaulted (Ibn Ishaq 819, 995), and teaches domestic violence versus women if they disobey (Sahih Muslim, Book 004, Number 2127). In Sahih Muslim Book 36, Number 6597, the prophet Mohammed stated that "Women constitute a majority of hell". This is why the young students in these schools skip their studies, sexually harass young women, and cause chaos in the classroom. I'm sure you've heard the stories of all the women who were r@ped by immigrants on New Year's Eve in Europe. Mohammed's last words were "Curse the Jews and the Christians, for they built the places of worship at the graves of the prophets". As a Christian I find this rather frightening. Anything anti-women, anti-Jew, and pro-death over mercy (Qur'an 24:2) has no place in the civilized nations of the world.

The problem isn't just with the terrorists, the problem is with Muslims who believe in Sharia law. So I think that Trump's travel ban was a life-save and we need to get those people out of the country before a major attack occurs.

Last edited:

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
That's mostly the fundamentalists Muslims who want Sharia Law enacted, also wanting religious laws applied to a country isn't just something unique to Islam. The so-called "religious freedom" laws that many right-wing Evangelical Christians want are really discriminatory laws forcing fundamentalist Christian laws on people such as denying services to someone just because they're gay or bisexual or denying birth control to a woman. Most Muslims who immigrate to the U.S. conform the rule of law of that country and don't want to force Sharia laws on people.

bboss

Smash Journeyman
That's mostly the fundamentalists Muslims who want Sharia Law enacted, also wanting religious laws applied to a country isn't just something unique to Islam. The so-called "religious freedom" laws that many right-wing Evangelical Christians want are really discriminatory laws forcing fundamentalist Christian laws on people such as denying services to someone just because they're gay or bisexual or denying birth control to a woman. Most Muslims who immigrate to the U.S. conform the rule of law of that country and don't want to force Sharia laws on people.
Hmmm, discriminatory. Which one is more discriminatory, trying to save a baby's life (birth control) or killing someone because they drew a picture of Mohammed?

bboss

Smash Journeyman
Most Muslims who immigrate to the U.S. conform the rule of law of that country and don't want to force Sharia laws on people.
What makes you think that? They are the same Muslims who believed in Sharia law back in Syria, Lebanon, etc. It's not like they are going to change their cultural system just because they are in a new country.

bboss

Smash Journeyman
Christian laws on people such as denying services to someone just because they're gay or bisexual
Actually, Muslim businesses refuse services more than Christians do.

Here's why:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RgWIhYAtan4

This video clearly shows a Muslim bakery refusing to serve a "gay" customer. All of the bakeries refused in this video.

Most Muslims who immigrate to the U.S. conform the rule of law of that country and don't want to force Sharia laws on people.
If Europe (Germany, Great Britain) is any sign, we can (and already have experienced) expect them to act the exact same way as they did before.

Last edited:

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
What makes you think that? They are the same Muslims who believed in Sharia law back in Syria, Lebanon, etc. It's not like they are going to change their cultural system just because they are in a new country.[/Q
This link may help:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/29/sharia-law-usa-states-ban_n_3660813.html

Also not all Muslims believe in Sharia law or a ridgely conservative one. It's a stereotype to assume that all Muslims are fundamentalists or want to stone people for adultery. Also if I also recall, many Christians want creationism taught in schools even though there is supposed to be a seperation of church and state.

bboss

Smash Journeyman
Do you really believe that just because some people in some states don't want Sharia law that it is going to stop them altogether?

Of course not all Muslims believe in Sharia Law! Less than one in four do. But if even ten percent of the millions of refugees that have immigrated to the U.S. believe in Sharia law then we have a huge problem on our hands.

EDIT! This percentage debunked. Actually more than 50% of Muslims worldwide believe Sharia law should be enforced. If you don't believe me google Ben Shapiro: The Myth of the Tiny Radical Muslim Minority.

Seperation of church and state does not state that we cannot teach are kids what is scientifically proven. I.e. that the Big Bang is logically impossible, because of the inconsistencies in the timespace fabric and the Big Bang theory.

If you don't believe that the Big Bang is logically impossible watch this: https://youtube.com/watch?v=eQVm8RokoBA

Last edited:

SSG SAX GAMER

Smash Apprentice
I.e. that the Big Bang is logically impossible, because of the inconsistencies in the timespace fabric and the Big Bang theory.
It isn't logically inconsistent. There is plenty of evidence that supports it

If you don't believe that the Big Bang is logically impossible watch this: https://youtube.com/watch?v=eQVm8RokoBA
This guy made a lot of statements that weren't exactly true. One thing that he says is that the laws of nature "act on the physical". It doesn't act on it. It's just the way things interact. That's like saying that if i make a decision based on information, that means that the information "acted on me"

He then says that it created matter and space from nothing. That's not what the big bang theory says. It says that at the beginning of time (ever since the start of it) All the energy existed in a single point and then because of inflation, it expanded. Not that the laws of nature created it from nothing. because of this, it means his last statement that it predates the universe is false.

bboss

Smash Journeyman
It isn't logically inconsistent. There is plenty of evidence that supports it
name one

How about the "evidence" that the massive amounts of cosmic background microwave radiation needed for the big bang are nowhere to be found lol

He then says that it created matter and space from nothing. That's not what the big bang theory says. It says that at the beginning of time (ever since the start of it) All the energy existed in a single point and then because of inflation, it expanded. Not that the laws of nature created it from nothing. because of this, it means his last statement that it predates the universe is false.
ok, so if all the matter was in the universe, how did it get there? Matter can only be conserved. It had to come from somewhere.

Here are my main problems with the big bang:

The Heat-Death paradox. If the universe were 13 billion years old, we would have achieved thermal equilibrium. Read more about this on wikipedia.

There are four main problems with the big bang, all of which having to do with the timespace fabric not existing until after the big bang.
  1. This means that since there is no space, the universe is a vacuum. An all-encompassing vacuum.
Now there’s a little rule of nature that I’m sure you’re probably familiar with: nothing can exist naturally in a vacuum, there has to be a third party to put it there. So the ‘matter’ cannot exist as the universe is a vacuum and matter cannot exist naturally in a vacuum.
  1. e=mc2. This law, stating that matter cannot be destroyed, it only changes forms, is a huge problem for evolution. Why? Because even if an object exists before time, it cannot exist naturally. According to e=mc2, matter is conserved, so it eventually has to come from somewhere. It didn’t just end up there on its own.
  2. No space. Of course you know by now that the timespace fabric didn’t come into existence until after the big bang. (I sort of covered this topic in #1 but this is a bit more advanced.) So there is no space, the universe is just a vacuum, right? The problem with this is that everyone and everything renders life in three dimensions, space. This concept is sort of hard to comprehend, that a vacuum universe is non-dimensional, but it makes perfect sense.
So! Since there is no space yet, nothing can reach, trigger, or touch the big bang.
  1. My fourth point is with time not existing yet. This is very simple. If time does not exist, and you go back in time and try to trigger the big bang, nothing happens. Why? Simply because there is no time. The big bang needs time to exist for it to work, and it doesn’t have time. Therefore, if the big bang had happened before time (which is a little hard to comprehend), it would be a dud. Nothing would happen.
  2. “An object at rest tends to stay at rest unless motivated by an outside force.” So the big bang has to be triggered by something else. And apparently, according to you,
It says that at the beginning of time (ever since the start of it) All the energy existed in a single point
There was nothing else outside of this.

So the main problems: because there is no space, nothing can trigger it, no time, nothing can trigger it... and by the way, explosions don't create things. They destroy things. The big bang doesn't work without time and space, of which it has neither. You can see how easy it is to shoot holes in the Big Bang "theory", because it is just that: a theory. Nothing more.

Last edited:

Sebastian Light

Smash Rookie
If you think the travel ban was a bad idea and didn't make sense then you obviously don't understand it. For example when it came to banning certain countries, Trump didn't ban countries like Indonesia which has the biggest Muslim population in the world. He was just banning travel from countries which were most likely to have ISIS members or just violent people in general. I agree with him because if you have been paying close attention to Europe, places like France, London, Sweden, and Germany are experiencing such a back lash from letting in all the refugees. Those refugees have been committing so many crimes like sexual assault for example in those countries. And it really is unfortunate that there are kids, women and innocent men that are refugees that suffer but honestly we have to think about the well being and safety of our country first before anything else.

bboss

Smash Journeyman
For example when it came to banning certain countries, Trump didn't ban countries like Indonesia which has the biggest Muslim population in the world.
Yeah, he was smart about that.

For example, according to the Global Terrorism Index:

1. Iraq
2. Afghanistan
3. Nigeria
4. Pakistan
5. Syria
6. India

are the countries most likely to have terrorist attacks. Indonesian Muslims are fairly moderate. Afghani Muslims are not, for example, 99% (yes, that's right) believe Sharia Law is the right law for the country. Places like Nigeria and Pakistan have mass FGM in horrific numbers. I think that these six countries need to be banned.

I agree with him because if you have been paying close attention to Europe, places like France, London, Sweden, and Germany are experiencing such a back lash from letting in all the refugees.
lol... not just in Europe buddy. I live in Canada. Not two hours away from me is a school in which teenaged Syrian "refugees" sexaully assaulted and nearly r@ped a girl before they were stopped. It's not just in Europe, it's happening all over Canada. But yes, it is happening more in Europe (for example, the mass numbers of Muslim men r@ping German women on New Year's Eve 2016, Sweden now being labeled the "r@pe capital of the world", France having a massive amount of deadly terrorist attacks and being on emergency status, etc, etc.

And also 40% of all Muslims living in London believe that homosexuals should not be allowed to live the way they do (which makes sense considering they came from nations like Iran and Iraq, where in Iran literally the punishment for homosexuality is death).

Last edited:

Sebastian Light

Smash Rookie
Yeah, he was smart about that.

For example, according to the Global Terrorism Index:

1. Iraq
2. Afghanistan
3. Nigeria
4. Pakistan
5. Syria
6. India

are the countries most likely to have terrorist attacks. Indonesian Muslims are fairly moderate. Afghani Muslims are not, for example, 99% (yes, that's right) believe Sharia Law is the right law for the country. Places like Nigeria and Pakistan have mass FGM in horrific numbers. I think that these six countries need to be banned.

lol... not just in Europe buddy. I live in Canada. Not two hours away from me is a school in which teenaged Syrian "refugees" sexaully assaulted and nearly r@ped a girl before they were stopped. It's not just in Europe, it's happening all over Canada. But yes, it is happening more in Europe (for example, the mass numbers of Muslim men r@ping German women on New Year's Eve 2016, Sweden now being labeled the "r@pe capital of the world", France having a massive amount of deadly terrorist attacks and being on emergency status, etc, etc.

And also 40% of all Muslims living in London believe that homosexuals should not be allowed to live the way they do (which makes sense considering they came from nations like Iran and Iraq, where in Iran literally the punishment for homosexuality is death).
Oh yeah that's right dude lol, I hear the PM of Canada is letting in a ton of refugees, and I also heard that overall he's a complete moron. But yeah it seems like Trudeau wants to institute Sharia Law lol

bboss

Smash Journeyman
But yeah it seems like Trudeau wants to institute Sharia Law lol
Not exactly, although he has advanced bills like bill M-103 and others that make it so that you can't speak out against transgenders and Muslims (which, technically, is removing freedom of speech). For example now in Canada they are trying to pass a law which states if you get a transgender's pronouns wrong you can go to jail.

and I also heard that overall he's a complete moron.
He's not that bad, the only problem is he doesn't see the big picture and what the country will be 100 years from now. You have to see the big picture if you are going to let tens of thousands of refugees from a clashing culture into your country. (Which in itself is a bad idea).

Last edited:

Sebastian Light

Smash Rookie
Not exactly, although he has advanced bills like bill M-103 and others that make it so that you can't speak out against transgenders and Muslims (which, technically, is removing freedom of speech). For example now in Canada they are trying to pass a law which states if you get a transgender's pronouns wrong you can go to jail.

He's not that bad, the only problem is he doesn't see the big picture and what the country will be 100 years from now. You have to see the big picture if you are going to let tens of thousands of refugees from a clashing culture into your country. (Which in itself is a bad idea).
Going to jail for wrong pronouns is the dumbest thing ever, because there are supposedly 100 genders or whatever so yeah, how are you supposed to know what gender they are lol. Taking free speech away is stupid, people need to toughen up and learn how to deal with the fact that people aren't always gonna agree with them or that people are gonna say mean things to them sometimes. This world is absolutely ridiculous.

MiniSara

Smash Rookie
I hope the supreme court reenforced president Trump's travel ban. We need to get tougher, or we might turn into Sweden. Pround Trump supporter here!

Sebastian Light

Smash Rookie
I hope the supreme court reenforced president Trump's travel ban. We need to get tougher, or we might turn into Sweden. Pround Trump supporter here!
Glad to see someone else I can agree with, not that I mind people with other opinions but it's always nice to see people who share your view points lol

Top Bottom