• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tharja as a Robin Echo

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place, but anyone think that Tharja would make a pretty good Robin echo? I mean, at least Tharja using Nosferatu is canon, even if she doesn't use a Levin Sword.

She's still pretty popular, being not only in Awakening, and spin-offs Heroes and Warriors, but also her likeness in Fates as Rhajat.

She could be slightly lighter and faster than Robin, and less powerful. Her final smash could be a nod to Warriors with the demonic dark magic hand reaching from the ground to strike someone.

She has some great taunts too: her laugh and "You're already dead" being two of them.

Plus it makes sense for her to be a Robin clone, she is obsessed with him in Awakening after all.

If Chrom gets added as an Echo it may be 2 Awakening characters too many, but any thoughts?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
My thoughts are enough Awakening pandering.

Girl doesn't even levin sword.

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
Why would you add in Tharja has a Robin echo before adding in Chrom as an Ike/Roy echo?

I've seen some people argue that Chrom couldn't be an Ike/Roy echo, but I disagree. Just because they use the same sword as Lucina doesn't mean that they use it in the same way. But Tharja actually, really couldn't be a Robin clone like how she is in Warriors. The only reason that worked in Warriors was because Robin only used Tomes there. In Super Smash Bros, Robin also uses swords like in the games, which simply doesn't make sense for Tharja. Sure she can promote to Dark Knight, but promotions aren't strictly canon, and if she did have a canon promotion, it would almost certainly be Sorcerer.

I understand that Sakurai looks at each character based on their own merits, but that still doesn't change the fact that Chrom is a more sensible addition than Tharja, even if you're looking for an echo character. Also, while Sakurai doesn't think in terms of representatives, he'd still probably be somewhat anxious about spending development time in order to add two Fire Emblem characters to the game when they already have 6.

I guess the nail in the coffin here is that Tharja's trophy was cut from the previous game. No one knows why; some people suggest that it would have bumped up the game to a T rating, but no one is sure. However, if they cut out a trophy of her from the previous game that was practically complete, why would they add her in as a character?

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Why would you add in Tharja has a Robin echo before adding in Chrom as an Ike/Roy echo?

I've seen some people argue that Chrom couldn't be an Ike/Roy echo, but I disagree. Just because they use the same sword as Lucina doesn't mean that they use it in the same way. But Tharja actually, really couldn't be a Robin clone like how she is in Warriors. The only reason that worked in Warriors was because Robin only used Tomes there. In Super Smash Bros, Robin also uses swords like in the games, which simply doesn't make sense for Tharja. Sure she can promote to Dark Knight, but promotions aren't strictly canon, and if she did have a canon promotion, it would almost certainly be Sorcerer.

I understand that Sakurai looks at each character based on their own merits, but that still doesn't change the fact that Chrom is a more sensible addition than Tharja, even if you're looking for an echo character. Also, while Sakurai doesn't think in terms of representatives, he'd still probably be somewhat anxious about spending development time in order to add two Fire Emblem characters to the game when they already have 6.

I guess the nail in the coffin here is that Tharja's trophy was cut from the previous game. No one knows why; some people suggest that it would have bumped up the game to a T rating, but no one is sure. However, if they cut out a trophy of her from the previous game that was practically complete, why would they add her in as a character?
I was thinking more Chrom as an Ike echo and Tharja as a Robin echo. I’m not expecting too many echos in general but just an idea since Tharja is still pretty popular overall.

I don’t think the trophy is the final nail in the coffin since Bayonetta is now in the game, but you’re right Sakurai may not want to add 2 Awakening characters and Chrom definitely should get priority

Just shooting out ideas. As a Robin main an echo would be pretty cool

Last edited:

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking more Chrom as an Ike echo and Tharja as a Robin echo. I’m not expecting too many echos in general but just an idea since Tharja is still pretty popular overall.

I don’t think the trophy is the final nail in the coffin since Bayonetta is now in the game, but you’re right Sakurai may not want to add 2 Awakening characters and Chrom definitely should get priority

Just shooting out ideas. As a Robin main an echo would be pretty cool
My point still stands. Tharja is not a swordswoman.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Personally, I've always relished the idea of Leo being a Robin Echo. The most noticeable difference would be Leo using his Ice Blade instead of a Levin Sword. His smash attacks could freeze opponents, leaving them open for a follow-up. If they wanted to reflect upon Fates, Leo's tomes and sword could be unbreakable, but there would have to be some kind of compensation, such as weaker attack power--and I wouldn't want Leo's kill potential to be hindered. Thus, I'd rather his weapons have a limited use, just like Robin's. His Final Smash would be Brynhildr; first he would mount his horse, then gallop forward--and if he successfully tramples someone, a cutscene occurs in which Leo ensnares the opponent(s) in a gravitational field, then blows them away with a large, menacing tree.

Personal bias aside, Leo would be quite fitting as a Robin Echo, as they are both brilliant strategists whom rely more on their wits rather than brute force. They are both mages, first and foremost, with their swords being a mere side weapon. Even though Fire Emblem Warriors was boring for me to play, I thoroughly enjoyed watching heroes from different worlds interact with each other. Mine personal favourite was the conversation between Leo and Robin. That said, I would absolutely love to see the two tacticians compete once more in Smash Ultimate.

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
Leo not riding on a horse outside of his Final Smash would be weird. That's the primary way in which he fights. You can't even dismount in Fire Emblem; Fates. I also don't think he's popular enough or major enough of a character in Fates to be added to Super Smash Bros. as an echo fighter, especially when it's not a perfect fit.

I think we should just make Chrom an echo fighter and leave it at that.

Altais

Smash Champion
Hmm, I have to agree about him not being popular enough. Furthermore, he's not even the titular character of Fates. Lastly, adding Leo in Smash would probably annoy those whom would have wanted Camilla or Takumi instead.

So yeah, I think Fates should be limited to one character, especially given how long ago it was released.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Leo not riding on a horse outside of his Final Smash would be weird. That's the primary way in which he fights. You can't even dismount in Fire Emblem; Fates. I also don't think he's popular enough or major enough of a character in Fates to be added to Super Smash Bros. as an echo fighter, especially when it's not a perfect fit.

I think we should just make Chrom an echo fighter and leave it at that.
As long as it doesn't lead to Tharja replacing Chrom in Dual Strike. I'd rather Chrom took one for the team to keep her out.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
As long as it doesn't lead to Tharja replacing Chrom in Dual Strike. I'd rather Chrom took one for the team to keep her out.
The more I think about it, Morgan seems like a better replacement for Chrom if Chrom gets in.
Female Morgan for male Robin, and male Morgan for female Robin.

Morgan is from the future where Robin becomes Grima, but our Robin raises her right. It think it reflects Robin’s character much better than any other character that could be summoned.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Celica as an echo would work for me also

Folt

Smash Ace
Honestly, I don't think there's anyone in Fire Emblem that could work as an Echo Fighter of Robin in Smash. Dark Pit and Daisy work as Echo Fighters of Pit and Peach respectively because their abilities and/or roles are very similiar to their parents, while Lucina is an Echo of Marth because her entire gameplay concept in Smash is "Marth with training wheels".

Altais

Smash Champion
As unlikely as it is, I could see Soren being an Echo Fighter of Robin--major difference being Soren uses knives instead of swords. Where his melee attacks would lack in range, they would make up for with attack power. The Stiletto could be his killer weapon, while the regular knife takes the former's place when broken.

[EDIT] Though it took me a while to get used to it (since I've always imagined him with Jason Spisak's voice), I rather like Soren's voice acting in Fire Emblem Heroes; they captured his character perfectly. He just bluntly speaks his thoughts and intents. I especially like that one line, "Are you ready to die?" He doesn't even try to sound intimidating--just frank and to the point. That line is actually a direct reference to FE: Path of Radiance.

Last edited:

iGreg

Smash Rookie
Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place, but anyone think that Tharja would make a pretty good Robin echo? I mean, at least Tharja using Nosferatu is canon, even if she doesn't use a Levin Sword.

She's still pretty popular, being not only in Awakening, and spin-offs Heroes and Warriors, but also her likeness in Fates as Rhajat.

She could be slightly lighter and faster than Robin, and less powerful. Her final smash could be a nod to Warriors with the demonic dark magic hand reaching from the ground to strike someone.

She has some great taunts too: her laugh and "You're already dead" being two of them.

Plus it makes sense for her to be a Robin clone, she is obsessed with him in Awakening after all.

If Chrom gets added as an Echo it may be 2 Awakening characters too many, but any thoughts?
I feel like a Robin echo would be pretty cool, I love Robin. HOWEVER, I feel like Celica would be best fit for a Robin echo. Especially since she actually uses magic and swords.(unlike tharja who only uses magic, no shots fired at people who want tharja though)

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
I've been thinking about this for a while but I really think Odin actually makes the most sense as a Robin echo. He has used both magic and swords in both games and is one of the more popular FE characters.

I figured he could use his Missiletiann which would be stronger than the bronze sword but weaker than the levin sword and wouldn't break. This would allow him to preform a similar echo role as Lucina and Chrom by making him less mechanically difficult.

He should 100% also have the same taunt mechanic Incineroar has.

Top Bottom