• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thanos snaps his fingers and half the roster is gone. How does it look for you?

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
(If this thread already exists please close it)

Simple. For each fighter, use a random number generator to decide if they would survive a 50% chance of ding or not. No exceptions.

How would the remaining roster look for you? If Smash only had those fighters in the game, would you still play it?

Most importantly, did your favorite fighter(s) survive?

Here's what I got:

The Vanished: :ultalph::ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultlarry::ultmorton::ultludwig::ultfalcon::ultcloud::ultdk::ultdoc::ultfox::ulticeclimbers:(Nana):ulticeclimbers:(Popo):ultinkling::ultisabelle::ultkrool::ultlink::ultlittlemac::ultlucas::ultluigi::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultmetaknight::ultgunner::ultswordfighter::ultgnw::ultness::ultpacman::ultpalutena::ultdaisy::ultdarkpit::ultpokemontrainer::ultpokemontrainerf::ultivysaur::ultcharizard::ultrob::ultrobin::ultroy::ultken::ultdarksamus::ultsheik::ultsnake::ultsonic::ulttoonlink::ultvillagerf::ultwario::ultwiifittrainerm::ultyoshi::ultzelda::ultzss:

Those who lived: :ultbayonetta::ultbayonetta1::ultroy2::ultwendy::ultiggy::ultlemmy::ultcorrin::ultcorrinf::ultdiddy::ultduckhunt::ultfalco::ultganondorf::ultgreninja::ultike::ultincineroar::ultinklingboy::ultjigglypuff::ultjoker::ultkingdedede::ultkirby::ultlucario::ultmario::ultmegaman::ultmewtwo::ultbrawler::ultolimar::ultpeach::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultpiranha::ultpit::ultsquirtle::ultrobinf::ultrosalina::ultchrom::ultryu::ultsamus::ultshulk::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultvillager::ultwiifittrainer::ultwolf::ultyounglink:

For me, a few of my mains lived but I probably wouldn't play the game anymore. Instead I would cry alone in my room.

At least King Dedede survived............

Predatoria

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5219-6817-7975
Your list doesn't really make any sense. Why did you include each variant of Baby Bowser but not each variant of other character skins? Also, can Pokemon Trainer just not play Squirtle?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Why there are two Bayonettas?
Because 2 Bayonettas will soon add up to 3, meaning Smash will have 3 Bayos in their series...Pit science

Necro'lic

Smash Ace
Your list doesn't really make any sense. Why did you include each variant of Baby Bowser but not each variant of other character skins? Also, can Pokemon Trainer just not play Squirtle?

Why did you include each variant of Baby Bowser but not each variant of other character skins?
each variant of Baby Bowser
Baby Bowser
BABY ****IN BOWSER
Oh lord, I'm feeling dizzy from this heresy before me.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Interesting idea, heres mine, i did just group multi-characters and echoes together.

Survives:
:ultganondorf: :ultincineroar: :ultsimon: :ultrichter: :ultcharizard: :ultness: :ultmetaknight: :ultgreninja: :ultluigi: :ultpalutena: :ultsquirtle:
:ultlucas: :ultlucario: :ultpeach: :ultdaisy: :ultgunner: :ultdk: :ultkrool: :ultwolf: :ultpichu: :ultivysaur: :ultshulk:
:ultwario: :ultkirby: :ultswordfighter: :ultlittlemac: :ultjigglypuff: :ultinkling: :ultgnw: :ultroy: :ultchrom: :ultmegaman: :ultfalco:
:ultpit: :ultdarkpit: :ultryu: :ultken: :ultzss: :ultjoker:

Vanished:
:ultrobinf: :ultzelda: :ultdarksamus: :ultsamus: :ultpikachu: :ultlink: :ultyounglink: :ultlucina: :ultmarth::ultcorrinf: :ultike:
:ultridley: :ultkingdedede: :ultpiranha: :ultmario: :ultdoc: :ultrob: :ultbayonetta1: :ultpacman: :ultsonic: :ultbowserjr: :ultwiifittrainer:
:ultsnake: :ultfalcon: :ultcloud: :ultbowser: :ultyoshi: :ultdiddy: :ultisabelle: :ultvillager: :ultmewtwo: :ultduckhunt: :ulticeclimbers:
:ultsheik: :ultrosalina: :ultolimar: :ultfox: :ultbrawler: :ulttoonlink:

Lost a lot of my favorites but there are still a hand full of good selections I personally enjoy

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
This is going to be a tough choice but...

:ultkirby: would be the main survivor, since he escaped Galeem's beams, so this would be another Wednesday for Kirby

Survived: :ultmario::ultdk::ultsamus:/:ultzss::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultluigi::ultjigglypuff::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultbowser::ulticeclimbers::ultzelda:/:ultsheik::ultpichu::ultfalco::ultyounglink::ultmewtwo::ultmetaknight::ultpit::ultpokemontrainerf:(:ultcharizard:):ultdiddy::ultlucas::ultsonic::ultkingdedede::ultolimar: (with some Pikmin) :ultlucario::ultrob::ultwolf::ultvillager::ultvillagerf::ultmegaman::ultrosalina::ultgreninja::ultbowserjr::ultroy2::ultwendy::ultiggy::ultduckhunt::ultcorrinf::ultinkling::ultridley::ultkrool::ultisabelle::ultincineroar::ultpiranha:(some survived):ulthero2: :ultbanjokazooie::ultbylethf::ultminmin:ultsteve::ultalex::ultzombie:(Some survived), :ultenderman:(Some survived):ultsora:(Lugia, Fawful, Shantae, Dixie Kong, Knuckles, Shadow and Dragapult would join the final battle)

Snapped: :ultlink::ultdarksamus::ultness::ultfalcon::ultdoc::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultganondorf::ultroy::ultchrom::ultgnw::ultdarkpit::ultwario::ultsnake::ultike::ultpokemontrainer:(:ultsquirtle::ultivysaur:) :ultalph: (with some Pikmin):ultrob::ulttoonlink::ultwiifittrainer::ultwiifittrainerm: Luma:ultlittlemac::ultmiifighters:(:ultbrawler::ultswordfighter::ultgunner:):ultpalutena::ultpacman::ultrobin::ultrobinf::ultlarry::ultludwig::ultlemmy::ultmorton::ultryu::ultken::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultbayonetta::ultinklingboy::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultpiranha: (some got snapped) :ultjoker: :ulthero::ulthero3::ulthero4::ult_terry::ultbyleth::ultzombie:(Some snapped) :ultenderman:(Some snapped):ultsephiroth::ultpyra::ultmythra::ultkazuya:(Bandanna Dee, Ray-Man, Bio-Rex, Midna, Viridi and Dark Bowser have been snapped as well)

Updated with the rest of the smash fighters, also with mooks being species, they have a 50/50 chance surviving.

Last edited:

Coolboy

Smash Journeyman
as long as all my faves survive then idc who goes xD
my list of faves is basically :ultzelda::ultyounglink::ulttoonlink::ultroy::ultfalco::ultganondorf::ultlucario::ultdaisy::ultpeach::ultpalutena::ultdarkpit::ultpit::ultinklingboy::ultsonic::ultrosalina::ultsheik::ultjoker::ultbowserjr:

all others could disappear and i will not be upset

though i will miss using :ultbayonetta: & :ultzss: for the lulz and trolling haha

MrGameguycolor

Smash Lord
NNID
MrGameguycolor
Switch FC
7681-9716-5789
LOL, I actually thought about this once with Melee.
It was the idea of what would the meta-game look like if top half of the tier list disappeared one night.
(Spoilers: Mario, DK and Ganon would be the top tiers :D )

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I recently said I long for the day the roster is Thanos'd. It's nice to know that his name has become a verb. If you include the echo fighters, then there are 78 characters. If you include Pokémon Trainer has two additional characters, then that's 80 characters. However, if I add the echo fighters in the random number generator, this can skew results. Who would be number 76, for example, if there are 71 characters before including the echo fighters? I'll do that separately. Let's get started. Who has been Thanos'd?

:ultyounglink:
:ultzss:
:ulttoonlink:
:ultsamus:
:ultmewtwo:
:ultridley:
:ultpit:
:ultmetaknight:
:ultike:
:ultpichu:
:ultluigi:
:ultolimar:
:ultlucas:
:ultgreninja:
:ultisabelle:
:ultincineroar:
:ultdoc:
:ultivysaur:
:ultsheik:
:ultrob:
:ultlucario:
:ultjigglypuff:
:ultpiranha:
:ultsnake:
:ultgunner:
:ultwario:
:ultwolf:
:ultyoshi:
:ultduckhunt:
:ultkirby:
:ultryu:
:ultsimon:
:ultmarth:
:ultdiddy:
:ultcorrin:
:ultrichter:
:ultlucina:
:ultdarkpit:
:ultdarksamus:

So, obviously this generator also hates Metroid, as it removed all Metroid characters, but it loves Mario, since it removed very few Mario characters in spite of the entire roster consisting mostly of Mario characters. Amazing. Well, this is why Thanos is evil. At this point, I'd be done with Super Smash Bros. for good.

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
Erased: Miis, Pokémon Trainer/Squirtle/Ivysaur, Villager, Zero Suit Samus, Young Link, Chrom, Corrin, Robin, the Koopalings, Pichu, had to. Palutina, sorry. Rosalina, honestly. Lucas, Richter, Cloud. Joker, Ken.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
The idea was each Koopaling was their own character, so half are now on their own.

And yes, now Squirltle is on its own without a trainer.
Also osby osby I have 2 Bayos because I did so for each character variant (because why not). I did the same with Corrin, Robin, etc.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
(In my Smash Bros. Eternity, the 6th game, in the Adventure Mode: Kingdom of New all of the veterans, newcomers and echoes are corrupted and brainwash but 4 of them survive)
(In the Corrupted section, i'm starting from 64 to Eternity then lastly Echoes, The new echoes are in bold, btw Isabelle is now a echo and the question marks mean 4 DLC fighters coming soon, Wrecker and Slammer are new Mii Fighters)
Survivors::ultkirby::ultyoshi::ultkingdedede:Lincoln Loud (he's the first new 4th party rep)

Corrupted::ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultluigi::ultness::ultfalcon::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultzelda::ultganondorf::ultfalco::ultmewtwo::ulticeclimbers::ultmarth::ultgnw::ultdiddy::ultmetaknight::ultwolf::ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard::ultike::ultpit::ultwario::ultolimar::ultrob::ultsonic::ultsnake::ultbowserjr::ultgreninja::ultrobin::ultpalutena::ultdarkpit::ultvillager::ultlittlemac::ultshulk::ultduckhunt::ultmegaman::ultpacman::ultryu::ultbayonetta::ultbrawler::ultgunner::ultswordfighter::ultinkling::ultridley::ultsimon::ultdarksamus::ultkrool::ultincineroar::ultpiranha::ultjoker:?/?/?/?,Waluigi,Wart,King Boo,Cranky,Dixie,Rambi,Mother Brain,Sylux,Poochy,Bandana Dee,Knuckle Joe,Peppy,Slippy,Rayquaza,Genesect,Byleth,Shake King,Captain Syrup,Hades,Virtual Boy,Excitebiker,Camo,Earthworm Jim,Chun-li,Qbby,Chaos 0,Eggman,Rash,Heavy,Crash,Unit,Spyro,Wrecker,Slammer:ultdaisy::ultken::ultrichter::ultisabelle:Boshi,Shadow Kirby,James,Raichu,Black Shadow,Midbus,Hilda,Galacta Knight,Shadow DDD,Louie,Mighty,Big Boss,Medusa,King Hippo,Bass,Ms. Pacman,Jeanne,Octolings,Leni Loud

Ones that were fully cut from my game::ultjigglypuff::ultdoc::ultsheik::ultyounglink::ultpichu::ultroy::ulttoonlink::ultzss::ultlucario::ultlucas::ultrosalina::ultcorrin::ultwiifittrainer::ultcloud::ultlucina::ultchrom:

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
Well, for starters, Thanos is now the last boss of Smash bros... which is weird.

So I suppose we need to actually have a marvel hero added to the game to fight him.

I'd go with Spider-man personally.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
The Fighters Before the Thanos Snap:
:ultmario::ultdoc::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultrosalina::ultyoshi::ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultpiranha::ultwario::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool::ultlink::ultyounglink::ulttoonlink::ultzelda::ultsheik::ultganondorf::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultzss::ultridley::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpalutena::ultmarth::ultroy::ultike::ultrobin::ultchrom::ultlucina::ultcorrinf::ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight::ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf::ultpokemontrainer::ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultmewtwo::ultpichu::ultlucario::ultgreninja::ultincineroar::ultgnw::ultlittlemac::ultduckhunt::ulticeclimbers::ultrob::ultness::ultlucas::ultfalcon::ultvillager::ultisabelle::ultolimar::ultwiifittrainer::ultshulk::ultinkling::ultbrawler::ultswordfighter::ultgunner::ultpacman::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsnake::ultryu::ultken::ultmegaman::ultsonic::ultcloud::ultbayonetta::ultjoker:, DLC2, DLC3, DLC4, DLC5

The Surviving Fighters:
:ultdoc::ultrosalina::ultbowserjr::ultpiranha::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool::ultzelda::ultsheik::ultsamus::ultike::ultchrom::ultlucina::ultcorrinf::ultmetaknight::ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf::ultpichu::ultgreninja::ultgnw::ultlittlemac::ultrob::ultness::ultvillager::ultwiifittrainer::ultshulk::ultbrawler::ultswordfighter::ultgunner::ultken::ultmegaman::ultsonic::ultcloud::ultbayonetta::ultjoker:, DLC2, DLC3, DLC4, DLC5
The Vanished Fighters:
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultyoshi::ultbowser::ultwario::ultlink::ultyounglink::ulttoonlink::ultganondorf::ultdarksamus::ultzss::ultridley::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpalutena::ultmarth::ultroy::ultrobin::ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultpokemontrainer::ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultmewtwo::ultlucario::ultincineroar::ultduckhunt::ulticeclimbers::ultlucas::ultfalcon::ultisabelle::ultolimar::ultinkling::ultpacman::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultryu::ultsnake:
The Mario franchise as a whole now seems misrepresented now that all who remain are Doctor Mario, Rosalina and Luma, Bowser Jr. and Piranha Plant. Four characters who's popularity would barely exist without Smash Bros. Probably the exact opposite of what I hoped for. The Legend of Zelda franchise is literally just Zelda, and her secret identity now. No Link, no incarnation of Link, and no Ganondorf. It's just one person with two slots on the roster. Just Zelda. Wait, did she also delete the other characters in her game? Dammit Monika 2.0. The Fire Emblem franchise seems like a more balanced franchise now. Literally, the two sword fighters with an imbalance of damage on all of their attacks are gone, and the person who wants to "tip the scales" is gone too. Perfectly balanced, as all things should be. The Kirby Franchise is truly the edgy one now. Metaknight is all who remains. With characters like Ganondorf, Dark Samus, Dark Pit, and all three Links (their Dark Link alts) gone, I bet every single edge lord out there will run to Metaknight and main by the second day. The Pokémon franchise has effectively died. Not only do they now have less characters than some once smaller franchises, but they are only left with Pichu, and a starter final evolution. This is defiantly the large franchise that took the biggest hit apart from Kid Icarus.

It baffles me that the representation of Donkey Kong and Star Fox remained unchanged, the representation of Metroid got reverted back to the days of Smash Melee, and the representation of Kid Icarus was removed completely. The smaller first party franchises turned out okay. I personally would swap out Wii Fit Trainer for Inkling, but the Thanos Snap said no. Bandai Namco and Konami lost everyone, Sega and Square Enix lost nobody, and Capcom lost their big icon fighter but nobody else.

As an individual with mains in Smash Ultimate, the loss of Snake and Richter are the biggest losses in my opinion, so I have a few potential options moving forward. It is likely that none of them will be an easy path.
- I still have Ike. It may take a bit of getting used to in order to actually use him in a 1v1, but rumor has it that he's not bad in this game.
- I can pick up where I left off with Chrom. Roy was one of my Smash 4 mains, and I think Chrom is superior to him in every way possible.
- I may want to take Corrin back, but I don't know if she would take me back after I completely ditched her when Smash 4 had effectively died.
- I could invest some time into seriously maining Joker. I mean I did get him into Elite Smash with not much struggle.
- Maybe I can take a look at who these DLC fighters will be as they were miraculously untouched by the Thanos Snap.

Just for fun, let's build on what Thanos has produced and do a second snap.
The Fighters Before the Second Thanos Snap:
:ultdoc::ultrosalina::ultbowserjr::ultpiranha::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool::ultzelda::ultsheik::ultsamus::ultike::ultchrom::ultlucina::ultcorrinf::ultmetaknight::ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf::ultpichu::ultgreninja::ultgnw::ultlittlemac::ultrob::ultness::ultvillager::ultwiifittrainer::ultshulk::ultbrawler::ultswordfighter::ultgunner::ultken::ultmegaman::ultsonic::ultcloud::ultbayonetta::ultjoker:, DLC2, DLC3, DLC4, DLC5
The Surviving Fighters:
:ultrosalina::ultpiranha::ultdk::ultkrool::ultzelda::ultsamus::ultike::ultfox::ultpichu::ultgreninja::ultrob::ultvillager::ultwiifittrainer::ultshulk::ultmegaman::ultsonic::ultbayonetta::ultjoker:, DLC4, DLC5
The Vanished Fighters:
:ultdoc::ultbowserjr::ultdiddy::ultsheik::ultchrom::ultlucina::ultcorrinf::ultmetaknight::ultfalco::ultwolf::ultgnw::ultlittlemac::ultness::ultbrawler::ultswordfighter::ultgunner::ultken::ultcloud:, DLC2, DLC3
The Mario franchise has Rosalina and Piranha Plant. So this is basically Rosalina's franchise at this point. The Donkey Kong franchise lost Diddy Kong. Not a complaint. I think a roster of 20 doesn't need two Donkey Kong protagonists. The Legend of Zelda franchise is truly just Zelda this time. The Fire Emblem franchise lost three more fighters. Ike is all who remains. The Star Fox franchise seems more balanced. Two that vanished were Falco and Wolf, and the main protagonist of the franchise is thankfully sticking around. The representation of Metroid and Pokémon remained unchanged, while the representation of Kirby was removed completely. The smaller first party franchises apart from ROB are now strictly limited to modern franchises, but the Miis have all vanished. Square Enix lost everyone, Capcom lost Ken, and Sega somehow lost nobody yet again.

As an individual with mains in Smash Ultimate, the potential for having Chrom or Corrin as a secondary is now gone. The idea of maining Joker is looking more prominent than ever before, but Ike survived twice, so it's two options at this point.

Just for fun, let's build on what Thanos has produced and do a third snap.
The Fighters Before the Third Thanos Snap:
:ultrosalina::ultpiranha::ultdk::ultkrool::ultzelda::ultsamus::ultike::ultfox::ultpichu::ultgreninja::ultrob::ultvillager::ultwiifittrainer::ultshulk::ultmegaman::ultsonic::ultbayonetta::ultjoker:, DLC4, DLC5
The Surviving Fighters:
:ultrosalina::ultpiranha::ultzelda::ultsamus::ultgreninja::ultrob::ultshulk::ultsonic::ultbayonetta::ultjoker:
The Vanished Fighters:
:ultdk::ultkrool::ultike::ultfox::ultpichu::ultvillager::ultwiifittrainer::ultmegaman:, DLC4, DLC5
The representation of Mario, ROB, the Legend of Zelda, Metroid, and Xenoblade remained unchanged, while the representation of Donkey Kong, Fire Emblem, Star Fox, Animal Crossing, and Wii Fit was removed completely. The Pokémon franchise lost Pichu, so now it's just Greninja. Not a complaint, the Pokémon franchise was pretty much dead since the first snap, so I really don't care. Capcom lost Megaman which was their last fighter, and I think we need to start shipping Thanos and Sega with each other.

As an individual with mains in Smash Ultimate, Joker gang for life.

I want to see if a fourth snap would erase anything tied to Sega.
The Fighters Before the Fourth Thanos Snap:
:ultrosalina::ultpiranha::ultzelda::ultsamus::ultgreninja::ultrob::ultshulk::ultsonic::ultbayonetta::ultjoker:
The Surviving Fighters:
:ultzelda::ultgreninja::ultsonic::ultbayonetta::ultjoker:
The Vanished Fighters:
:ultrosalina::ultpiranha::ultsamus::ultrob::ultshulk:
How? Seriously? How? This is Sega's game now.

One more snap should do it. Right? Right?!?!?
The Fighters Before the Fifth Thanos Snap:
:ultzelda::ultgreninja::ultsonic::ultbayonetta::ultjoker:
The Surviving Fighters:
:ultsonic::ultbayonetta::ultjoker:
The Vanished Fighters:
:ultzelda::ultgreninja:
And it actually is Sega's game. I'm not making this up. This actually happened in the random number generator that I was using. I'm not doing another snap by the way. I can't wait for characters like Tails, Rodin, the Phantom Thieves, and characters from other Sega franchises I can't think of to get added as characters in the future. Did I mention that I'm in Joker gang?

Last edited:

FartyParty

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7316-5581-8026
Might not be exactly half but here's who I would scrap:

:ultlittlemac::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultdaisy::ultisabelle::ultvillager::ultwiifittrainer::ulttoonlink::ultbowserjr:(and all variations):ultchrom::ultken::ultsheik::ulticeclimbers::ultlucas::ultpiranha::ultdarksamus::ultsimon::ultlucas::ultdoc::ultduckhunt::ultdarkpit::ultbrawler::ultgunner::ultswordfighter::ultpacman::ultmetaknight::ultken::ultlucario::ultkrool::ultroy::ultyounglink::ultrosalina::ultrob::ultgnw:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I listed the entire roster in the order found on the Smash Bros. website, used this, and rounded up. (counting the echo fighters, the total came to 76, so half of that is 38) These are the ones that made it.

:ultmario::ultlink::ultdarksamus::ultkirby::ultpikachu::ultluigi::ultness::ultpeach::ulticeclimbers::ultsheik::ultdoc::ultpichu::ultmarth::ultyounglink::ultganondorf::ultchrom::ultgnw::ultpit::ultdiddy::ultlucas::ultsonic::ultkingdedede::ultolimar::ultrob::ulttoonlink::ultwolf::ultmegaman::ultrosalina::ultgreninja::ultpacman::ultbowserjr::ultduckhunt::ultryu::ultken::ultbayonetta::ultridley::ultsimon::ultpiranha:

Clearly, Thanos is a Link fan - all three Links made it.

EDIT: Rather than making a new post, I'll include the DLC characters as well. There are thirteen DLC characters, counting Pyra and Mythra separately, so I'll round it up to seven.

:ultjoker::ulthero3::ultbanjokazooie::ult_terry::ultbylethf::ultpyra::ultsora:

Last edited:

Soy_Man

Smash Apprentice
Ultimate has 89 characters, if you include the 7 echoes, and if you count PT as 3 separate characters and Pythra as 2. I'm counting PT and Pythra both as one character, which means there's 86 characters. 86 / 2 = 43.

Here's what I ended up with:
50% roster.png

I used this to make the image

This is based one the things that I value in a Ultimate's roster:

• Legacy of franchise
  • Iconic-ness of character
  • Relevance to Nintendo
  • Quality of gameplay (i.e. being well designed/balanced)
  • Uniqueness in aesthetic, moveset or playstyle
  • Whether I find them cool or funny

The characters I lamented cutting the most were probably Falco, ZSS, Greninja, Duck Hunt Duo, Steve, Hero, and maybe Joker.

txhy8

Smash Cadet
Keep Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, Wario, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, King K Rool, Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf, Samus, Ridley, Kirby, King Dedede, Meta Knight, Fox, Pikachu, Jiggypuff, Mewtwo, Pokemon Trainer, Gerninja, Ness, Capatian Falcon, Marth, Roy, Ike, Robin, Mr Game and Watch, Pit, Olimar, R.O.B, Isabelle, Shulk, Inklings, Snake, Sonic, Mega Man, Ryu, Pac-Man, Cloud, Steve, and Banjo

Last edited:
Top Bottom