• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - Nintendo Of America 2014 Thanks, Nintendo

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Thank you for rewarding people who carelessly broke your rules.

Please take notes from TO's on how to run tournaments because you, a professional well respected company, don't know how to run one.

D

Deleted member

What happened in the tourney?
I followed the Nintendo's official written rules, and I lined up no eariler than 9 AM. The Nintendo Reps present at my tourney didn't even consider talking to the sleeping bag folks and the forty people who broke the rules and lined up at like three AM.

InfiniteTripping

Smash Journeyman
I followed the Nintendo's official written rules, and I lined up no eariler than 9 AM. The Nintendo Reps present at my tourney didn't even consider talking to the sleeping bag folks and the forty people who broke the rules and lined up at like three AM.
Hope you learned your lesson: never follow pointless rules again.

InfiniteTripping

Smash Journeyman
I learned that you don't get rewarded for abiding by written laws and rules.

It's America after all!
Following the rules only because you expect to be rewarded for it is not a very good strategy in any country unfortunately.

Last edited:

sidbbq

Smash Rookie
This happened for me too. I got there at 9:00 like it said in the rules, and what do you know? Probably over 100 people in front of Gamestop. Waited until 11, and shortly after they said they had all 64 people.

So much for following the rules.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
There's no way to control people forming a line outside of a store, rules or no rules. It's your own fault for not expecting people to line up early regardless of anything.

Keebler

Smash Cadet
There's no way to control people forming a line outside of a store, rules or no rules. It's your own fault for not expecting people to line up early regardless of anything.
This, I showed up at 8 AM, this is to be expected.

D

Deleted member

They could have done something about the people who lined up early, they were aware of it. At the very least, they could have randomized the order the participant stickers that were handed out yesterday.

I'm not in the wrong for following the rules. Yes, it's in modern human nature to line up for an event super early like you said, regardless of anything, but something, if anything, could have been done about it.

Imagine if you traveled about nine hours from El Paso, TX to compete in the Plano, TX competition. Being aware of the written rules made by Nintendo, you showed up there at 8:45 AM- 9:00 AM, expecting maybe a short amount of people to be there, but seeing almost hundreds.

I'd assume you be pretty upset. That isn't case with me, as I showed up at 9:00 AM myself, but it's relevant anyways.

There are ways of controlling people in that situation. How do you think we got the decent amount of disappointed fans to leave the store without getting violent?

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
You expect Nintendo to be in control of people lining up on public space?

D

Deleted member

I actually didn't realize that at all, I apologize. Either way, still a very poor organized event, really wish Nintendo was prepared for this sort of thing in the beginning.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Well at least reasonably we can only expect it to improve from here I think X)

Really a shame though, that the number of players is so limited. So it will not really be much of a professional tournament, more like a casual tournament for fun. We might get some pretty good players at the top but now I see it as more of a hybrid casual-competitive tournament and not a competitive tournament with items.

ooglefart

Smash Rookie
I showed up and the people at the front of the line let my friend and I cut them. Got there at 9, 4th in line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom