• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tha Shogun Combo Vids.

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, first time poster, long time reader bringing some of my work to smashboards. :)

I'm bringing three combo vids of the three chars I use(D.K., Mario, and Samus), here they go:

Super Mario Madness:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6vFrvaDnfU

Pimp of the Jungle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AegG1l6-QS4

Shogun of Fury:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=403YFhdRIAs

Going to give alittle back ground information about me and the vids seeing as nobody knows me yet. :laugh: I'm not that good on big speeches but i'll do what I can and try to make this post efficent. If you are afraid of spoilers do not read this next section please.

Mario:

Mario is my main alternate. I enjoy the speed and success he can have with his attacks if used succesfully. The intro in the vids are demostrations of actual things
you can do with Mario. They're not the best examples but that what I was going for, so I could save the good stuff for the rest of the vid. I tried to add some of my mind games into the combos that's why you see alot of missed attacks in the video. I tried to get a diversity in the people I used in the combo video. I included every different character I had recorded into the fight as to get away from the "Another chain grab on ganon, ugh!!" feeling that can come from combo vids. It's my first video so some things are a bit off but I think I did a great job. :chuckle:

Donkey Kong:

Not as good as my Mario but has his advantages, a difficult person to really master. Same concept with my Mario vid as far as showing combos and ways to use him. I went awhole new direction with the music. It could make it or break it, but I think it fits best for DK. I don't see up tempo techno or hard rock songs when I think of DK, but alot of drums and even tropical music. Also when I view DK I think of goofing off and just having a good time, which I kind of try to implement into the music. The ending song is for a relaxing feeling after seeing the tense and heavy beat songs (usually how alot of endings are) to give you, the viewer, a relaxed feeling and a sense of satisfaction. At least that's what I get out of it lol. Anyways, hope you enjoy, and leave comments.

Samus:

My main and favorite character on the game. There's not too much that I can say about my Samus vid actually. All the combos in this vid usually were after me using some type of mind game or just changing styles up (mainly the spikes). So for all you "wtf noob doing getting hit by that spike" think twice before you say that cause usually it's followed by something that caught the guy completly off guard or me catching on to a style. The 3 and 4 stock game sets does not mean i'm playing just a simple noob by any means.

That's it for my vids guys. Leave any comments or suggestions cause i 'm always open for more ways to improve my game.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I liked it. U reacted fastly right after a move. Something i cant really fully succeed in melee. Its probley cuss im a 64 smasher and the lag cencel's on there are full while on melee they are half. :S

Anyways good job!

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
i just listened to my own music because of the numa numa song but the combo's were delicious.
Lol, well usually alot of people use up tempo songs for mario combo vids so I thought i'd do the same :chuckle:

I don't think anyone likes the music for my DK vids cause alot of people don't like rap who play smash, I enjoy them and try to give my vids a diversity of music for people to listen too. :cool:

Sargent_Peach

Smash Journeyman
Good vids, I think the first post is just a little long, that is why they haven't been exposed so much. Bump

I really liked the dk vid, especially at 5:02, is was so sexy.

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
Good vids, I think the first post is just a little long, that is why they haven't been exposed so much. Bump

I really liked the dk vid, especially at 5:02, is was so sexy.
Thanks for the complements and thanks for the tip, I got right on it and gave a condensed version without all the scrolling now lol.

ike_love

Smash Apprentice
I think I already said something on youtube, but i figured I'd get some post points by replying here too.
Goo ****e Shogun, although you should stop talking everybody's songs...lol

DrewbyDewby

Smash Apprentice
i watched the samus one, awesome...
The music was good and that guy's right the 6:33-6:37 combo is amazing
good meteors too, i have to get good at that, i liked how you just ran straight off, more unpredictable

Top Bottom