• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest TGC 7! Esam/MVD/Pugwest/Sol/S2H/Samsora and more! $500 bonus! Reg ends 4/6!

TGC 7! Esam/MVD/Pugwest/Sol/S2H/Samsora and more! $500 bonus! Reg ends 4/6!
Posted by Xyro77
Test Masters
Saturday, April 9, 2016 - 10:00 AM
Until: Saturday, April 9, 2016 - 11:59 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Chicago)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Chicago

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Since the dawn of Smash 4, The TGC series has been the largest Smash 4 tournament series in Houston, Texas and the whole Southwest. Average tournament attendance is 200+ with top players from around the country repeatedly coming to see what TGC has to offer. Due to astronomical growth of the TGC series, I have had to make a few changes/improvements to TGC 7 that will improve player experience and overall quality of the event. I hope you enjoy the changes and I cant wait to see what happens at TGC 7!

VENUE
Testmasters 2600 Gessner Rd, Houston, TX 77080. (713) 529-9752. Video Tour of venue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHih3WJgK0c

NOTE: The Smash 4 area is room #114 (The Maple Room) located to the right of "Tech Corps Texas" banner on the building.

EVENTS
WiiU Singles (1vs1). Will be capped at 192 entrants. Please register ASAP to ensure yourself a spot in pools/bracket. WiiU Doubles (2vs2). Will be capped at 64 teams. Please register ASAP to ensure yourself a spot in bracket.

NOTE: All registration MUST be done online BEFORE April 6th. There will be ZERO offline/in-person registration. No exceptions. All registration can be done here: https://smash.gg/tournament/tgc-7-1/register

FEES
Venue Fee= $10. Will be refunded with full setup (wiiu+tv+smash4+adapter).

Smash 4 Singles (1vs1)= $10.

Smash 4 Doubles (2vs2)= $20 per team ($10 per person). When signing up for Doubles, you must confirm your partner via the smash.gg site before the deadline.

NOTE: All registration MUST be done online BEFORE April 6th. There will be ZERO offline/in-person registration. No exceptions. If you still have not registered, you can register here:https://smash.gg/tournament/tgc-7-1/register

POT BONUS & TGC POINTS
TGC 7 will offer a $500 pot bonus for singles. The payout scheme of the pot bonus is described in the "prizes" section.

TGC 7 (April 9th), Texas Showdown (April 22nd), TGC 8 (June 4th) and TGC 9 (September 3rd) will offer what I like to call "TGC Points." These points will be given out to the players who reach top 8 at TGC 7, Texas Showdown, TGC 8 and TGC 9. The top 4 players who have the most TGC Points after attending the aforementioned tournaments will receive free entry into all 4 events at the TGC sponsored Smash 4 National Event in December 2016.

Point break down is as follows: 1st=16 points, 2nd=12 points, 3rd=10 points, 4th=9 points, 5th=8 points, 7th=7 points.

WANT SOME MONEY? BRING SETUPS
For the first 32 FULL setups (WiiU+Smash 4+adapter+tv) brought to TGC 7, I will refund you 10.00$. If you bring a HALF setup (WiiU+Smash 4+adapter OR just a TV) I will refund you $5.00. The key to a fast event with tons of friendlies/casuals is a large number of setups. Please do your part and bring setups. My staff and I appreciate you helping us out.

RULES
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NRQBH9pNW44YAt4FtPE0fmEWw5QSG-Y62t321dIncRg/edit

NOTE: All rules are subject to change at any time.

SCHEDULE
Smash 4 Doubles: 10:00am-2:00pm.

Smash 4 Singles pools A-D: 1:00pm-4:00pm.

Smash 4 Singles Pools E-H: 3:00pm-6:00pm

Smash 4 Singles Top 32: 7:00pm-END.

NOTE: End times of each pool is subject to change. Please be inside the venue 15min before the start time of your pool.

STREAM
http://www.twitch.tv/FireNationSmash

HOUSING
We have a special deal for you all in regards to housing. The Crowne Plaza Northwest-Brookhollow has a special deal on rooms ONLY for TGC 7. Go to http://tinyurl.com/TGC7hotel for greatly discounted rooms. What used to be a $159 room is now a $76 room. Rooms are limited, so don't wait. ACT NOW!

FOOD
Curbside Sliderz will return for TGC 7. The full menu for TGC 7 can be found here: http://smashboards.com/attachments/image-jpeg.84368/

MERCHANDISE
AirbrushKing will have a booth setup for everyone to purchase TGC branded items. Items include TGC handbags, TGC controller bags (3 versions), TGC pens, TGC posters and a form for you to create a TGC T-shirt. The booth hours will be from 9:00am-12:30pm in the Smash 4 room. After 12:30pm, ABK will be located in the Cypress room (to the left of the TGC room) and it is there that you can purchase any item that you wish.

BONUS OFFERS FROM OUR SPONSORS, PARTNERS AND VENDORS
Crowne Plaza is sponsoring 1 hotel room, 2 night stay on the dates of Apr 8 and 9 to the 1st person who Pre-registers on Smash.gg for Smash 4 that is coming from out of state..

Curbside Sliderz is Sponsoring Combo Meal Deals, 1 Deal per game to all 1st place championships including teams.

TTN, Houston's mysterious sponsor, has partnered up with TGC and has an extremely exciting announcement for you all in the next week or so. Stay tuned :)

Alvisor, leader of "GO!" will be at TGC to do player interviews and taking photos of the event.

Xyro77

TGC 7 (April 9th 2016) MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT #2!

1. There are only 27 days left to register for TGC 7. Though the event is April 9th, I am cutting off registration for Singles and Doubles on April 6th so that all of you can see your pools/brackets/seeding before the event starts and we can make any changes if needed.

2. Online registration for TGC 7 is REQUIRED. There will be ZERO offline/in-person sign-ups. If you wish to attend TGC 7, please sign up at https://smash.gg/tournament/tgc-7-1 Please note that you MUST have a smashgg account in order to register for TGC 7. Its takes less than 2min to make an account.

3. TGC 7 1vs1 (singles) has a player cap of 192 entrants and it has already hit 1/4th capacity in less than a week of being announced. TGC 7 2vs2 (doubles) has a cap of 64 teams and has hit 4% capacity but will be at 14% once the already registered players confirm teammates. TGC series has an average of over 200 1vs1 entrants per event and so this event WILL absolutely cap. Please don't wait, register now and guarantee yourself a spot.

NOTE: Remember to "invite" your partner through smashgg using only their smashgg username to confirm your team.

4. There will be a $500 pot bonus for singles (1vs1) at TGC 7. If doubles (2vs2) caps by April 1st 2016, I will add $500 pot bonus to that event.

5. The venue now has wired internet and thus, a stream, brought to you by FNS Trela will be at TGC 7. Go to the TGC 7 smashgg page for more details on the stream.

6. There is a SET schedule for TGC 7. More details will be given out once online registration has ended but for now the TGC 7 event times are on the event page: www.smash.gg/tournament/TGC-7-1

7. We have sponsors, vendors, partners and other special things for TGC. Check the TGC 7 smashgg page for more info.

8. I have multiple OOS players I am going to announce in the coming weeks so stay tuned! For now though, I’d like to unveil the following few players who will be attending TGC 7 on April 9th:

Pugwest (Best Marth in North America)
S2H (Cali MK that hit top 8 at TGC 5 and 6)
Nicole (Best female player in North America)
????? (Unlocked on 3/15 or 70 entrants)
????? (Unlocked on ?/?? or ??? entrants)
????? (Unlocked on ?/?? or ??? entrants)
????? (everything unlocked on 4/6 or 192 entrants)

NOTE: The more entrants that register the bigger the unlock.

9. A new character challenge has been issued! The Little Mac/Shulk/DK challenge!! Any player who reaches top 5 going ONLY DK/Mac/Shulk OR a combination of DK/Little Mac/Shulk will receive an extra $50 on top of your normal winnings.

10. For those that bring FULL setups (WiiU+TV+Smash4+adapter) that i end up using, i will refund you your entire venue fee ($10). For those that bring a HALF setup (WiiU+TV+adapter OR just a TV) i will refund you half of your veue fee ($5). The more setups we have the more friendlies and MMs we can get done. Please help me out. I need it badly.

11. If you have any questions or concerns, please message me on twitter ( Xyro77 Xyro77 ), FB (Allan Xyro Sims), Smashboards (Xyro77) and email (was7x@hotmail.com). TTN GrimTurtle (Razer) and TTN founder Tesh have joined team TGC and are here to assist you in anyway possible.

Last edited:

Xyro77

breaking-news1.jpg

TGC 7 (April 9th 2016) MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT #5!
1. Sol (best Little Mac in USA) and Samsora (2nd best Peach in USA) have been confirmed for attending TGC 7! These two top players are on top of the already confirmed, Esam, MVD, PugWest, S2H, Meme and Joker.

2. There are only 14 days (exactly 2 weeks) left to register for TGC 7. Though the event is April 9th, I am cutting off registration for Singles and Doubles on April 6th so that all of you can see your pools/brackets/seeding before the event starts and we can make any changes if needed.

3. Online registration for TGC 7 is REQUIRED. There will be ZERO offline/in-person sign-ups. If you wish to attend TGC 7, please sign up at https://smash.gg/tournament/tgc-7-1 Please note that you MUST have a smashgg account in order to register for TGC 7. Its takes less than 2min to make an account.

4. TGC 7 1vs1 (singles) has a player cap of 192 entrants and it has already hit over 1/3 capacity. TGC 7 2vs2 (doubles) has a cap of 64 teams and has hit 18% capacity but will be at 42% once the already registered players confirm teammates. TGC series has an average of over 200 1vs1 entrants per event and 60 teams in 2vs2 and so this event WILL absolutely cap. Please don't wait, register now and guarantee yourself a spot.

NOTE: Remember to "invite" your partner through smashgg using only their smashgg username to confirm your team. If you do not invite your partner, you won't be allowed to play in teams.

5. There will be a $500 pot bonus for singles (1vs1) at TGC 7. If doubles (2vs2) caps by April 1st 2016 (8 days away), I will add $500 pot bonus to that event.

6. The venue now has wired internet and thus a stream, brought to you by FNS Trela, will be at TGC 7. Go to the TGC 7 smashgg page for more details on the stream.

7. There is a SET schedule for TGC 7. More details will be given out once online registration has ended (April 6th) but for now the TGC 7 event times are on the event page: www.smash.gg/tournament/TGC-7-1

8. We have sponsors, vendors, partners and other special things for TGC. Check the TGC 7 smashgg page for more info.

9. I have multiple OOS players I am going to announce in the coming weeks so stay tuned! For now though, check this out:

Pugwest, Rhode Island, Best Marth in USA.
Esam, South Carolina, Best Pikachu in USA.
MVD, Florida, Top 3 Diddy/Best Florida player.
Samsora, Louisiana, 2nd best Peach in USA.
Sol, Florida, Best Little Mac in the USA.
S2H, Cali, Elite Metaknight.
True Blue, Florida.
Fuji, Illinois.
Nicole & Arma Missouri.
Joker & Meme Mexico
CaptainZack & CrashLopez, Louisiana.

10. A new character challenge has been issued! The Little Mac/Shulk/DK challenge!! Any player who reaches top 5 going ONLY DK/Mac/Shulk OR a combination of DK/Little Mac/Shulk will receive an extra $50 on top of your normal winnings.

11. For those that bring FULL setups (WiiU+TV+Smash4+adapter) that i end up using, i will refund you your entire venue fee ($10). For those that bring a HALF setup (WiiU+TV+adapter OR just a TV) i will refund you half of your veue fee ($5). The more setups we have the more friendlies and MMs we can get done. Please help me out. I need it badly.

12. If you have any questions or concerns, please message me on twitter ( Xyro77 Xyro77 ), FB (Allan Xyro Sims), Smashboards (Xyro77) and email (was7x@hotmail.com). TTN GrimTurtle (Razer) and TTN founder Tesh have joined team TGC and are here to assist you in anyway possible.

Xyro77

We are 14 entrants away from the 192 singles (1vs1) cap for TGC 7. If you have not registered, you have 26 hours to register. Online is the ONLY way to sign up. Go here: www.smash.gg/tournament/TGC-7-1

Note 1: No offline sign ups and no refunds.

Note 2: Those who bring a FULL setup (WiiU+tv+smash4+adapter) will get $10 in cash handed to them. Those who bring HALF a setup (ONLY a TV or ONLY a WiiU+smash4+adapter) will get $5 in cash handed to them.

Top Bottom