• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest TGC 6! $1000 bonus! Hyuga/Esam/NickRiddle/MVD/Zero/Dabuz Confirmed!

TGC 6! $1000 bonus! Hyuga/Esam/NickRiddle/MVD/Zero/Dabuz Confirmed!
Posted by Xyro77
Sterling Banquet Hall
Saturday, February 6, 2016 - 10:00 AM
Until: Sunday, February 7, 2016 - 01:00 AM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Chicago)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Chicago

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

Welcome to the official Texas Gaming Championships event #6! TGC is a professional video game championship series featuring the best players from around Texas competing in variety of tournaments to see who is the supreme Smash 4 champion. So come check out TGC, make some new friends and see some of high level players compete in tournaments in Super Smash Bros WiiU/3DS!

February 6th, 2016. Please be at the venue by 10:00am for set-up, registration, check-in and warm ups. Registration for each game will end 10min before each event start time. There will be absolutely no admittance into any event after the event starts. We have the venue for about 15 hours and these events may run until the 15th hour so please plan ahead by clearing your schedule for the entire day.

Venue: Sterling Banquet Hall

Address: 10112 Hammerly Blvd, Houston, TX 77080, USA

Phone: 713-849-3636

Venue tour video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPKwMwaytsE

Though you are allowed to show up and register when the doors open, registration/practice for each event will end 10 minutes before that event starts.

Xyro arrives at venue @ 9:00am to set up (players can be here that early as well)

Official Registration/Check-in/Practice for all Smash 4 events begins @ 10:00am.

Smash 4 2vs2 bracket begins @ 11:30am

Smash 4 1vs1 Wave 1 of Bracket Pools (1-4) begins @ 2:00pm

Smash 4 1vs1 Wave 2 of Bracket Pools (5-8) begins @ 5:00pm

Finish 2vs2 bracket and both waves of pools by 7:30pm.

Top 32 Smash 4 1vs1 begins @ 8:00pm

Leave the venue @ 1:00am

NOTE 1: It is highly recommended that you show up as early as possible. Lines will be long and i will cut off friendlies/casuals once the tournament starts

Venue Fee = $10
All players/spectators must pay a venue fee. You can pay the venue fee online here or in person at the venue. Your choice. If paid online, please bring a printed receipt or show us the receipt on your phone when you check-in the day of the event. If you are going to pay in person, please be at the venue early because there will be long lines.

Smash WiiU/3DS 1vs1= $10
After paying your venue fee online or at the door, you will be able to purchase your 1vs1 pass at the door as well. This will allow you to enter the 1vs1 event

Smash WiiU/3DS 2vs2= $20 ($10 per person)
After paying your venue fee online or at the door, you will be able to purchase your 2vs2 pass at the door as well. This will allow you to enter the 2vs2 event.

NOTE 1: Please be at the venue WITH your partner early to check-in/register because lines will be long.

NOTE 2: There will be no refunds. If you have any questions, please make a post here or contact me personally.

Smash 4 1vs1 (less than 128 entrants)

1st=50%+50% of $500 pot bonus
2nd=30%+30% of $500 pot bonus
3rd=10%+10% of $500 pot bonus
4th=5%+5% of $500 pot bonus
5th=2.5%+2.5% of $500 pot bonus
5th=2.5%+2.5% of $500 pot bonus

Smash 4 1vs1 (more than 128 players)

1st=45%+50% of $500 pot bonus
5th=3%+2.5% of $500 pot bonus
5th=3%+2.5% of $500 pot bonus
8th=2%
8th=2%

Smash 4 2vs2

1st=55%+55% of $500 pot bonus

The official rules for Smash 4 can be found here. There have been massive changes to rule-set so please click the link and read them. Remember, all game rules are subject to change at any time so keep checking back. You are responsible for knowing all the rules.

TGC has a strict policy of ZERO friendlies and ZERO money matches once the tournament starts unless we have 25 or more full setups. A full setup is a WiiU/TV/Smash 4. All Smash 4 players who bring a full set-up THAT I USE will be given a FULL refund on their venue fee. If you cannot bring a full setup, please bring what equipment you can. We can use everything. Remember, the speed of any event is totally dependent on how much equipment is available so please help me out lol.

www.hotels.com is a great source for finding cheap to expensive hotels. Just type in the zip code of the venue and it will find you all the hotels within 50miles of the tournament.

If you dislike spending money on hotels, www.couchsurfing.com is an alternative way of finding free or super cheap housing. You might make new friends along the way!

Finally, it wouldn't hurt to post in this thread to see if fellow players are housing for free or mega cheap. It never hurts to ask.

The Character Challenge! Every TGC i create a character challenge to help encourage new character usage as well as to help others gain valuable match-up knowledge vs the characters in the challenge. At TGC 6, its the Lucina/Jigglypuff/Cloud challenge. The rules are super simple. All you have to do is make top 4 in TGC 6's 1vs1 event using ONLY Lucina or ONLY Jigglypuff or ONLY Cloud or a combination of the 3 throughout the tournament. Whoever does this will receive $50 from me personally as well as get free entry in ALL events for the next TGC event he or she chooses to enter. Good Luck!

"Official TGC event #6" Facebook Event page can be found here

Give us a like on our home page at TGC: Texas Gaming Championships

Wanna be apart of Houston smash? Join the discussion and make friends here on Smashboards at the official Houston Thread.

If you have any questions/concerns/comments, please post here in this thread or contact me through private message here on SmashBoards (Xyro77), Twitter @Xyro77 or through Facebook (Allan Sims)

Xyro77

maxresdefault.jpg

I am extremely proud to announce that HYUGA (the best Toon Link in North America) is confirmed for TGC 6! His plane ticket was bought by one of his crew members (Funny aka Angel Monreal) so give him a huge thanks for bringing out such a talented player!!

The major Out-Of-State player announcements don't stop there! Ill announce more special guests in the upcoming weeks so stay tuned!!

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Awwwwww sweet.

Xyro77

Melee is held at TGC too but the turnout is very low. Smash 4 is by far the main game.

Xyro77

**MAJOR NEW YEARS TGC 6 ANNOUNCEMENT**

What's up, Houston!? Xyro here. Did y'all enjoy your New Years? Mine was spent tirelessly (didn't eat, drink or sleep) confirming/preparing/working on the huge TGC announcement that you are about to read.

Are you ready? Cool! Let's begin!

As you may or may not know, The huge success of 3 stocks and TGC 5 has caused articles to pop up on Smashboards, Reddit, Shoryuken and those have spread to Twitter and FB. TGC 5 put Tx on the map and because of this, we now have the interest of even more higher level OOS/OOC players!

So what does this mean? It's means that I have the official confirmation of 6 high level unannounced OOS players that will attend TGC 6 (Feb 6th 2016). Wanna know who these players are? I bet you do. Yeah, so um, it's not gonna be that easy. I'm gonna FORCE you to UNLOCK the player announcements or TIME ME OUT to get the announcements. It's a game that YOU have control over.

Rules
Invite players to the official TGC 6 Facebook page to unlock player announcements or run the timer and the player announcements will unlock naturally. Your move.

1. TGC 6 launch: Unlocked Hyuga! The best North American ToonLink is coming to TGC 6! COMPLETE!!!!! SEE POST #3

2. TGC 6 player announcement 1 & 2: 500 invites or 1/4/2016. COMPLETE! CLICK THE TWO SPOILERS BELOW!!!

Unlocked NickRiddle! The 2nd best ZS player in the USA makes his appearance at TGC 6!

and one more!!!

Unlocked Esam! The best Pikachu on planet earth is coming to TGC 6!

3. TGC 6 player announcement 3 & 4: 800 invites or 1/11/2016.

4. TGC 6 player announcement 5: 1100 invites or 1/18/2016.

All remaining players OOS players who confirm will be auto unlocked and announced after 1/18/2016 or 1100 invites.

Last edited:

Xyro77

image.png

800 invites met! 2 more players unlocked! Will be revealed 3pm tomorrow!

Last edited:

Xyro77

Well that was fast 0_o

In less than 5 hours yesterday, the TGC 6 invite game was defeated (this is good) and it thoroughly surpassed my expectations. The 800 and 1.1k invite goals were both met so i guess that means i gotta keep my promise and unlocked some more players

So lets gooooooo!

2. TGC 6 player announcement 3 & 4: 800 invites or 1/11/2016. COMPLETE! CLICK THE TWO SPOILERS BELOW!

Unlocked MVD! Florida's best player, top 4 best Diddy Kong player and best Duck Hunt in the USA is coming to TGC 6!

and dont forget.....

Unlocked Dabuz! The best Rosalina in the galaxy makes her return to TGC 6!

3. TGC 6 player announcement 5: 1100 invites or 1/18/2016. COMPLETE!!!!!!

Even though the 1.1k unlock requirment has been met, I dont wanna just throw out the unlock THIS early because it would spoil the wonder :( So ill save it for tomorrow (1/6/2016) around 3pm.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Withholding last reveal?

I FEEL LIED TO.

Xyro77

I saved the BEST for last. The final top OOS player has been unlocked for TGC 6! Click the spoiler button below! Enjoy!

Unlocked Zero! The best player/sheik in the entire world is gonna bouncing fish TGC 6 on February 6th 2016! This is a first for Houston so PLEASE take advantage of this opportunity!

NOTE: I am working on another two top players but they were not confirmed at the time of the announcment. Stay tuned for more TGC 6 info.

Last edited:

Peru

Smash Cadet
NNID
Peru_El_Campeon
3DS FC
2750-1137-6520
Looking forward to it! Hope work doesn't give me a bad schedule x.x

Xyro77

**MINOR TGC 6 UPDATES/REMINDERS**

TGC 6 is less than a month away! Please read the following updates :)

1. TGC 6 venue tour has been uploaded. Click HERE or check the first post for video.
NOTE: The room as you see it in the video will be totally different come game day. The room will only have about 31-35 tables (2 set-up can fit on each table) and about 300 chairs.

2. Just like the previous TGC back in December, TGC 6 will feature "Curbside Sliderz" aka the food truck in case you don't wanna travel for food. The full menu can be found HERE or on the first post of this thread.

3. This event is looking like it will hit the 250-300 mark in terms of entrants for 1vs1 (might hit 80 for 2vs2 teams). It is imperative that FULL SET-UPS (WiiU/tv/smash 4) are brought by as many people as possible. If you bring a full set-up i will not make you pay venue/ill refund you if you paid online. I need 40+ set-ups in order to end this event on time. If you guys/girls help me out, i will help you out.

4. Houston's stream team Smash United will be recording (with commentary) matches at TGC 6. All videos from TGC 6 will be on the official Smash United Youtube channel. If you would like to commentate, hit up the SU crew at TGC 6.

5. There are unconfirmed rumors of Nairo, Tweek, Fatality, Reflex, Void, Zenyou and Scat (best Megaman imo) are interested in TGC 6. If any of these actually happen, ill update you immediately.

6. Though unlikely, if Bayonetta and Corrin are released before TGC 6, they will be legal at the event. This means that the patch that comes with them is also legal. Keep that in mind.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Can you bring an adapter that works for the wii u and pc?
If it can be inserted into the WiiU and function just like an official Nintendo GCN adapter, YES it is allowed.

Does anyone know how to stream this on your computer?
There isn't a wired connection at TGC. So no stream will be available. If you want to watch TGC, show up.

Xyro77

**TGC 6 UPDATES**

1. This event is looking like it will hit the 250-300 mark in terms of entrants for Smash 4 1vs1 (might hit 80 for 2vs2 teams). It is imperative that FULL SET-UPS (WiiU/tv/smash 4/adapter) are brought by as many people as possible. If you bring a full set-up I will not make you pay venue/ill refund you if you paid online. I need 40+ set-ups in order to end this event on time. If you guys/girls help me out, i will help you out. This is 10$ off or 10$ returned to you. Don’t miss out on this opportunity.

Also, after watching Genesis, I know lots of you want to play Zero/Dabuz/Hyuga and more but in order to have time for friendlies, I need full set ups (WiiU/Smash 4/adapter/TV). If we don’t hit the 40+ setup mark, I will not allow friendlies/casuals at TGC. Do your part to help make this event run smoothly and ill allow friendlies for as long as possible.

2. Houston's leading stream team Smash United will be recording (with commentary) matches at TGC 6. All videos from TGC 6 will be on the official Smash United Youtube channel. If you would like to commentate or learn more about Smash United, hit up the SU crew at TGC 6.

3. If you would like to see what the tournament room looks like before its set up for game day, click the link. The room as you see it in the video will be totally different come game day. The room will only have about 31-35 tables (2 set-up can fit on each table) and about 300 chairs.

4. Just like TGC 5 back in December, TGC 6 will feature "Curbside Sliderz" aka the food truck. It will be parked right outside the venue door for you to grab some food in case you don't wanna travel for it. The full menu can be found in the link.

5. Since we have not heard from Nintendo as of yet it is unlikely that the next wave of DLC will be available for TGC 6. However, if Bayonetta and Corrin are released before TGC 6, they will be legal at the event. This means that the patch that comes with them is also legal.​

Xyro77

I would not participate because i'll get bodied by the top players
Offline events are more than just winning and losing.

Attending these events is about being in the same room as other people who share the same interest as you. It's about meeting new people, seeing old friends and playing a game we all want to get better at. For that one moment, your social status, color and background do not matter. We are all, simply, smashers who want to have fun and get better.

It's an experience 2nd to none.

Xyro77

**TGC UPDATE TIME**

1. TGC 6 (Feb 6th) is 12 days away! This is less than 2 weeks!!!!! Time is flying by so fast.

2 I desperately need full setups (Tv/WiiU/Smash 4/Adapter) for TGC 6. I will offer a full refund or waive your venue fee if you bring a full setup. If you bring a partial setup, I'll waive or refund half of your venue fee. Anything will help. Having more setups will guarantee friendlies/casuals/MM and allow us to leave on time or early. PLEASE PLEASE help me out by bringing full setups (WiiU/tv/smash 4/adapter).

3. Along with Zero, Dabuz, Hyuga, MVD, Esam and NickRiddle, I can confirm that a NEW PLAYER HAS BEEN UNLOCKED! Vinnie (2nd best sheik on the EC) will be attending TGC 6 on Feb 6th.

4. Smash United will be at TGC 6 recording all the best matches the event has to offer. The vids will be up on their official SU channel.

5. If you have questions, please message me. I will always respond. If you need more info about TGC 6, please go here: smashboards.com/threads/feb-6-2016-tgc-6-1000-bonus-hyuga-esam-nickriddle-mvd-zero-dabuz-confirmed-houston-tx.425871/

Last edited:

Xyro77

image.jpeg

A new player has been unlocked! Zenyou!!!!!!! The 2nd best Mario in the world joins TGC 6!

ANOTHER player has been unlocked! S2H!!!!!! Cali is once again invading TGC!

Last edited:

Xyro77

If it wasn't too clearly already: I DESPERATELY NEED FULL SETUPS! A full setup is a WiiU/tv/smash 4 and adapter. I will refund you or waive your venue fee if a full setup is brought. Please help me out on this. I will beg!

Noble6Gabe

Smash Rookie
NNID
Teamrocket78
Switch FC
SW-6716-5953-6975
Offline events are more than just winning and losing.

Attending these events is about being in the same room as other people who share the same interest as you. It's about meeting new people, seeing old friends and playing a game we all want to get better at. For that one moment, your social status, color and background do not matter. We are all, simply, smashers who want to have fun and get better.

It's an experience 2nd to none.
I was kidding. I wish I could enter, but I don't have money and I'm way too busy

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
are we allowed after a match to change our character?
You are not character locked but do learn how counterpicking works in between matches.

Top Bottom