• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U TGC 5! 240 1vs1! 80 2vs2! Zenyou, Void, Ryo, MJG, Trela, Dabuz and 1k bonus! Houston, Tx! 12/5/2015!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
TGCalt3.jpg

Holy F where do i begin?

TGC 5 was the largest Smash 4 tournament in TX/Houston/entire Southwest. We hit 240 entrants for 1vs1 and 80 teams for 2vs2.

The Texas community seriously pulled through for each other this weekend. You guys brought 44 setups, housed people beyond the legal limit, gave rides to people at all hours of the night and fought through Ebola+SARS+Flu to help make sure TGC ran as smooth as possible. Some Texans drove 6+ hours for this event. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

MEGA shoutouts to Nike, Krebs, Jebus, This Guy, That Guy, RT, GrimTurtle, Dskro, Morphiziz and all the other helpers/pool leaders that took the time to help keep setups free of friendlies and help me with anything i needed. The shoutouts dont stop there! Houston's official stream team, Remo, Krebs and Dan from Smash United, busted out a hot-spot to stream TGC and they also recorded some high quality videos and commentary for you guys. The videos will be up in the next 24 hours on the official Smash United Youtube Channel so PLEASE check them out. Be sure to watch Ryo vs ALSM and MegaFox vs Dabuz....TASTY!

Last but def not least. I wanna thank West Coast (Void, Zenyou, SM, Z, Vash, S2H), Midest (MJG), Atlatic South (Curlz, Ryo, Sol) and the East Coast (Dabuz) for coming out to TGC 5. This event was pretty much a mini national because of you guys and i know my players are very thankful for the experience. Yall are always welcome back to Houston.

On a side note, everyone at TGC pretty much cleaned out the food truck of its supplies. They were extremely pleased with this and will be back. Thank you for supporting their business.

EDIT: Truly, one last thing. If this event did not prove that 3 stocks and more stages make this game more enjoyable than 2 stock and few stages....i don't know what will. Furthermore, 240 1vs1 players and 80 teams all left the venue before 1am (the scheduled ending time). I am not saying 3 stocks is better (even though it is) but i AM saying is that all TOs should try it out.

1vs1 (240 entrants)

TGC 5 1vs1 (top 32)
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Dabuz
$1,450.00
2nd
Void
$580.00
3rd
MegaFox
$406.00
4th
Trela
$261.00
5th
Jbandrew
$101.50
5th
Zenyou
$101.50
7th
Ryo
9th
Big Boss
9th
Grim Turtle
9th
The Wall
9th
Gibus
13th
MJG
13th
Tesh
13th
Denti
13th
Karna
17th
Sol
17th
BC
17th
Dakpo
17th
Zori
17th
Weegee
17th
Avoid
17th
ALSM
17th
FlipHop
25th
Lucy
25th
Castro
25th
El Yoshi
25th
Gnes
25th
Sugoi_Z
25th
Pwii
25th
RunCT
25th
Jerm

Click the title above^ to see bracket
NOTE: Entrants 33-240 failed to survive pools

2vs2 (80 teams)

Bracket: http://imgur.com/Ho5mbTF

1: TheWall+Trela :4yoshi:+:4ryu:
2: MegaFox+GrimTurtle:4fox:+:4fox:/:4falcon:
3: Zenyou+SM:4mario:+:4myfriends:
4: Karna+Ryo:4sheik:+:4myfriends:
5: BC+Pwii:4villagerf:+:4lucario:/:4metaknight:
5: MJG+JBand:4villager:+:4metaknight:
7: KJ+S2H:4sonic:+:4metaknight:
7: Asa+Void:4ness:+:4sheik:
9: YellowRello+Avoid:4yoshi:+:4myfriends:
9: KH_Snoop+KH_pollo:substitute:+:substitute:
9: Dakpo+Denti:4zss:+:4sheik:
9: FlipHop+Gnes:4diddy:+:4tlink:
13: Sugoi_Z+V5vash
13: ThatGuy+ThisGuy
13: ALSM+Iggy
13: Paw+Iam
17: Critter+Zei
17: LD+Help
17: Incediary+Castro
17: BigBoss+RunCT
17: Tesh+Illmatic
17: Jerm+PJ
17: ShadowFox+Cyanide
17: ATX_BlueNinjaKoop+ATX_Sassy
25: Haldrop+Dabuz
25: Jebus+Funny
25: Sol+Mawlerz (ThunderPunch)
25: Jumbo+El Yoshi
25: FelixFaction+GameKirby
25: Alone+Donte
25: Jutsu+P2P With Gibus
25: ICU_Batman+Token
33: Taro+G_Wolf
33: Kevo+Sylvion
33: V5_Gloomy+V5_lumen
33: Rave+PsychoAce
33: Blank+TripSwag
33: Aztex+Pnda
33: Janko+DeluxMenu
33: Whispy+Weegee
33: Kadc+Sms_Yellocake
33: Vici+Erl
33: Jayce+Timmy
33: Alvisor+Manxy
33: TVBlaze+Gamma
33: Simbada+Corrupted Taco
33: Atmuth+Sheezman
33: Rxj+Bryan
49: Jojo+Damian
49: JewMuffin+TonySherbert
49: Zensei+Curlz
49: RockitRocket+Wittle
49: Morphiziz+DVSbboy
49: N3ro+laz
49: Pmo_Wolf+Pmo_Shadow
49: Prolixus+EDGe
49: Sly2Beast+SOB
49: Nanasuki+Wizma
49: Lilnest+Tippy
49: Neo+Wiz
49: ManRay+Sauz
49: Leafar+Tetro
49: Bonren+Mike
49: Dominus+Tempus
65: Pixel+PixlSugr
65: EmoFezz+Majin
65: Space+Beatle
65: Winds+Santi
65: Sonic7474+Flame
65: Daffle+Necro
65: PikaChao+Xeno
65: LoudPac+JPEG
65: Cob+Spade
65: PKNasty+KingKiller
65: Ebola+OhjiSama
65: JXIV+Polaris
65: NinjaFish+RageToast
65: Squashie+Masada
65: Aos_Alex+Ouma
65: CWP+MexicanJustice

OTHER

Wanna see the rules and built up hype? Go to the TGC 5 Tournament thread!
Wanna be apart of the largest/strongest Smash 4 scene in Tx? Go to the Houston Thread!
Wanna follow the legendary TO of Houston, Tx? Go to Xyro's Twitter Page!
TGC 6 will be the first weekend in Feb 2016! More info soon!

Last edited:

The Wall

You PC Bro?!
NNID
Zefwano
3DS FC
4356-0548-2157
Shoutouts:

Void - Good ass Sheik. Wish we had more of your caliber to practice around here. Gg's. (You need to get your hands checked, good lord when I shook your hand my hand became wet and I was utterly in shock from the amount of sweat you had going on)

S2H - Sorry I couldn't give you the game I should have. Played like **** but hey man, a loss is a loss. Gg's.

Dakpo - NOT ZTOAST. NOT NOT NOT. ;)

Sol - Easily my favorite match of the night. Between us **** talking each other mid match and going to crazy counter picks, it was amazingly fun. You're an awesome dude, keep reppin the Mac like I know you will. Gg's!

Everyone who money matched me - Thanks for being easy ;)

Out of town folks (Dabuz, Ryo, Zenyou, The Vegas crew and anybody else I happen to be forgetting) - Thanks for taking the time to come out and make this tournament hype. Without you guys it'd just be another **** show of Texas beating up on each other. Come back to the next one!

See you guyz next time.

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
Big ups to Xyro for running such a huuuge Houston tournament.

Congrats to Dabuz for taking first place. Best Rosalina in the world - hands down.

Thanks to Void, Ryo, Sol, Zenyou and all of the other out of state players for coming down. I really hope this trend continues. Our scene is ****ing awesome in Houston and others need to see that. And thanks for HalDRop, Mawlerz and whoever else helped bring them to TGC.

Always thanks to my SU partner-in-crime Krebs The Legend doing mad work helping run the bracket and helping with the stream. ShadowfoxXD being super dependable and helpful Saturday and every SFC. Thank you Arjuna, Pegi18 and especially Gnes and Zori for providing super great and insightful commentary until the very end of the night.

Shoutouts to
This Guy & That Guy for yelling my name across the room constantly throughout the day for no reason at all. ... It was funny and I was super confused. Y'all are the homies and we should get some games in soon. Stay weird, East Houston.

Last edited:

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
GGs to all I played; it was fun. I'll find my way back up there again... someday.
If i messed up characters/names please let me know!!!!
I keep asking for this, but please change my tag in the results to AeroLink. Most people know me as that. ALSM was just from the Brawl days; I've been known as AeroLink since Project M 3.0.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I don't keep up with project trash so I have no idea when or where 3.0 was.

EnhaloTricks

Smash Apprentice
Thanks Xyro77 Xyro77 for running a great tournament! All the OoS players were ridiculous and I got destroyed by MJG and JBandrew in dubs.

We need more Sheik's like Void around here. Most technical player I've EVER seen in Smash 4.

Congrats to Dabuz on winning the whole thing! Definitely the most stacked tournament I've ever been to, I don't know why I ever expected to even make it out of pools lawl.

Super excited for TGC6 next year.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Fun seeing everyone again...

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace

Now that Im fully recovered from Texas Gaming Championships 5, I want to say Thank You to everyone that attended this historical event. TGC 5 had 305 people in attendance for both rooms including competitors/spectators. This was considered a mini national due to all the players traveling and also a preview to the national that will be happening next year. Congratulations to all the champions that placed in Smash 4, KI and Melee. I want to give shoutouts to everyone who traveled from West Coast, Midwest, Atlantic South, East Coast, Nevada, Rio Grand Valley and every major city in Texas. I want to give special shoutouts to Xyro for running a 240 singles bracket with 80 teams for Smash 4 in 12 hours (Incredible), to everyone that brought setups, TGC Tournament Helper Crew (Mojo/Melee) (Will/KI) and everyone else who pitched in helping run brackets/seeding. Now that TGC 5 is in the record books, TGC 6 will be Feb 6. These dates below are the TGC 2016 Schedule.

TGC 6 = Feb 6, 2016
TGC 7 = Apr 2, 2016
TGC 8 = June 4, 2016
TGC 9 = Aug 6, 2016
National = TBA

Im announcing these dates now so everyone can plan ahead and request off work to make these dates. Im getting real close to signing a 4 event TGC deal for next year and for the national I have a few hotel options that I will be exploring and will let everyone know when contracts are signed. Moving forward starting next year, every year will have 5 events, 4 TGC events and 1 National event. TGC had an incredible year this year and look forward to many more. I will be making some announcements soon so stay tuned!

TGC Store: Me and my team are almost done with the store. I will be making an announcement soon. In the meantime bookmark this site: http://www.TGCstore.club

TGC App: Me and my team are almost done with the app. I will be making an announcement soon. In the meantime bookmark this site: http://www.TGCapp.net

TGC 5 Results: Smash 4: http://smashboards.com/threads/tgc-...buz-and-1k-bonus-houston-tx-12-5-2015.425243/

KI/Melee: http://challonge.com/users/tgc

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Special shoutout to the hidden heroes of TGC5 pools. They all scored some amazing upsets, but their victims survived pools instead of them.

Bryan >Zenyou
Gyo>Castro
Dao>Gibus
Jebus>Jerm
SM>Lucy
Tipy>Denti

You brought the singles hype before top 32. You are not forgotten.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
TGCpools8.png
TGCpools7.png

I recreated the pools from the paper brackets for anyone that wants to see them. Sorry for any misspellings of names. The handwriting wasn't always consistent.

Top Bottom