• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest TGC 5! $1000 pot bonus! Zenyou, Ryo, Dabuz, Scizor and more! Bring setups PLEASE

TGC 5! $1000 pot bonus! Zenyou, Ryo, Dabuz, Scizor and more! Bring setups PLEASE
Posted by Xyro77
Houston, Tx
Saturday, December 5, 2015 - 10:00 AM
Until: Saturday, December 5, 2015 - 11:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Chicago)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Chicago

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Another TGC update!

On top of the previously announced awesome OOS player list, I am extremely excited to announce that Void (Sheik) from California, Z (Pikachu) from Navada as well as 3 more Smashers from Nevada are coming to TGC 5 on December 5th (16 days away)!

Oh but wait, there is more!! Molly Simoneaux, Houston's best Female player, sold her home, vehicle and spent all 27 cents of her retirement fund fund just so that she could afford a ticket for a certain Florida player. Everyone please give a big thanks to Molly for bring Sol (Little Mac) to TGC 5!

With a $1000 pot bonus split between 1vs1 and 2vs2 and the highest number of out-of-state players a TGC event has ever seen, TGC 5 is looking like it it's prob gonna hit 200+ entrants! My friends, we have reached "mini national" status. This is a first for Houston and Texas in Smash 4!

Confirmed OOS player list:

Ryo, Zenyou, Dabuz, Scizor, SM, Void, Z, 2 more Cali players, 3 more Nevada players.....and more???

Having these powerhouse players come to TGC is a massive opportunity for all of us. This is our chance to get premium practice from the best of the best as well as show them what Texas is made of. Whether you are good or bad, top level or low level, PLEASE play these players and make them feel welcome in the best Smash 4 city in Texas! Just think, a mini national in your own state. You are welcome!

Also, due to this event exploding in a way i never saw coming. I am in great need of 2 things:

1. Full setups (WiiU/Tv/Smash 4). Any person who bring a full set-up to TGC 5 will not have to pay a venue fee. If you bring a partial set-up (WiiU+smash 4 but no TV or TV but no WiiU+smash 4) you will get half off venue fee. Guys/Girls, I seriously need your help with setups. No joke.

2. Volunteers. Once an event hits 150 or more players, time management and overall event control gets more difficult. If you wish to help report matches, stop friendlies, help setup/break down the venue or just be more involved with TO duties at TGC, please contact me ASAP.

Another topic is that of recording. TGC 5 will be recorded by the one true legend that has been taking care of this state's smash needs since 2004: Xyro!

If you have any questions or concerns or just wanna chat, message me.

Twitter: Xyro77 Xyro77
Facebook: Allan Xyro Sims
Smashboards: Xyro77 Xyro77

Wanna talk to others about TGC 5? Wanna learn more info about rules, stages and other stuff? Go here: smashboards.com/threads/dec-5-2015-tgc-5-1000-pot-bonus-zenyou-ryo-dabuz-scizor-and-more-houston-tx.419208/

Xyro77

Ok guys and girls, this is the last TGC update before the holiday/Thanksgiving!

As promised, a food truck will be at TGC 5 (December 5th)! Curbside Sliderz! Here is their menu.

image.jpeg

Also, a local burger place, Carls Jr, is donating 50 hamburgers to TGC 5. This is an offcial sponsor for TGC and since TGC=Xyro.....OMFG GUYS that means XYRO IS SPONSORED!!!! You can now call me CJ| Xyro

Be it the food truck or the burgers, All food can be brought into the venue!

Have a good thanksgiving and I'll update y'all again after the holiday.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
OMFG GUYS that means XYRO IS SPONSORED!!!! You can now call me CJ| Xyro
After all those stupid "are you fat boy" copypastas, we've come full circle.

Xyro77

Ladies and gentlemen, 7 days from now (aka Dec 5th aka next Saturday) players from across this great nation will be traveling to Houston for TGC 5. Dabuz, Ryo, Zenyou, Void and other great players from the Jungles of Cali, swamps of Nevada and the frozen tundra of Florida will be in attendance. This is on top of the already big list of in state power house players like GrimTurtle, MegaFox, Trela, Denti, Fliphop, Wall, Iggy, ALSM and more!

Combining what I said above with the fact that there is also a 500$ bonus to 1vs1 and a $500 bonus to 2vs2, this event will easily reach over 150 players (200? 250?). Because of this, I need your help when it comes to full setups. I need about 30 full setups to get you guys out of the venue sooner and to allow for friendlies/MMs…etc. So, whoever brings a full setup (WiiU/Tv/SSB4) that I use will not have to pay the venue fee at TGC. If you have already paid venue fee online AND you brought a full setup, I will refund you your venue fee. Please guys, I need setups more than anything.

MORE importantly, Smash United, led by Remo and Krebs, will be recording all matches at TGC 5! So keep an eye out on their channel after TGC for some SICK vids. Furthermore, Krebs, GrimTurtle as well as a few other local TOs have volunteered to help me co-TO TGC for maximum efficiency. The whole city seems to be coming together to give you the best experience possible.

Due to potentially mega high turnout, I have altered the TGC 5 schedule. Please pay attention to what follows:

Xyro arrives at venue @ 9:00am to set up (players can be here that early as well)
Official Registration/Check-in/Practice for all Smash 4 events begins @ 10:00am.
Smash 4 2vs2 normal bracket begins @ 11:30am
Smash 4 1vs1 Wave 1 of Altered Bracket Pools (1-4) begins @ 2:00pm
Smash 4 1vs1 Wave 2 of Altered Bracket Pools (5-8) begins @ 5:00pm
Finish 2vs2 bracket and both waves of pools by 7:30pm.
Top 32 Smash 4 1vs1 begins @ 8:00pm
Leave the Venue @ 1:00am

Here is an explanation of what the above means:

1. I will create a huge bracket and break it up into several mini brackets.
2. Each mini bracket that will have about 50ish players in each one.
3. Each mini bracket will have 5-7 dedicated setups.
4. Four mini brackets will play at a time. This is called a “wave.”
5. Wave 1 will go first and then Wave 2 will follow.
NOTE: When a Wave is playing, this is a chance for everyone who is NOT playing to go eat or sleep or leave the venue. Please be back at your scheduled time or you will be DQed.

Remember, I have 1 day to finish an event that will likely have over 60 teams and 200+ players for singles. Doing pools will take too long. So, assuming I have the numbers I anticipate, the schedule I listed above will be how TGC 5 is conducted. If I get substantially less than 200 people, ill change the plans and notify you the day of the event.

For more info or rules on TGC, please go to: http://smashboards.com/threads/dec-...-ryo-dabuz-scizor-and-more-houston-tx.419208/ If you have any questions, PLEASE do not wait. Ask as soon as possible. You can text me at 409-692-0697 or message me on FB or twitter ( Xyro77 Xyro77 ).

D

Deleted member

Hopefully I find a ride from Baytown, if so I'll def bring a setup.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
Xyro knows what is going on, but unfortunately, I have fallen 5 pounds short of my goal of being able to attend TGC 5 as of Monday. I needed to lose 25 to earn the money needed to go, but I lost 20 on the dot when I weighed in at my Dr.'s appointment Monday afternoon.

Kihrah

Smash Apprentice
Xyro knows what is going on, but unfortunately, I have fallen 5 pounds short of my goal of being able to attend TGC 5 as of Monday. I needed to lose 25 to earn the money needed to go, but I lost 20 on the dot when I weighed in at my Dr.'s appointment Monday afternoon.
what???

RunC.T.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RunC.T.
3DS FC
1204-0385-5852
well shoot. I definitely can't miss this now. last TGC i got sent to the shadow realm, but this one I'm aiming for top 8.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
Like I said, Xyro knows what is going on. But to bottom line it, when I received my invite to attend the event, I was financially able to attend provided I met a weight loss goal of 25 pounds in over three months (I weighed 311 back in September). At my doctor's appointment this past Monday, I weighed 291, exactly 20 pounds lighter than I did back in September. As a direct result of that, my trip down there won't get financed.

That said, I wouldn't have been able to attend anyways most likely had I got the money because my heroclix team would have to go to Tulsa to compete in a ROC qualifier that day, and my family is putting together a birthday party for my cousin's twins who just turned 3.

It is not like I wanted to go, I do, but my priorities are to my family first and foremost and anything else second.

Top Bottom