• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest TGC 5! $1000 pot bonus! Zenyou, Ryo, Dabuz, Scizor and more! Bring setups PLEASE

TGC 5! $1000 pot bonus! Zenyou, Ryo, Dabuz, Scizor and more! Bring setups PLEASE
Posted by Xyro77
Houston, Tx
Saturday, December 5, 2015 - 10:00 AM
Until: Saturday, December 5, 2015 - 11:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Chicago)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Chicago

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Welcome to the official Texas Gaming Championships event #5! TGC is a professional video game championship series featuring the best players from around Texas competing in variety of tournaments to see who is the supreme champion. So come check out TGC, make some new friends and see some of high level players compete in tournaments in Super Smash Bros WiiU!

December 5th, 2015. Please be at the venue by 10:00am for set-up, registration, check-in and warm ups. Registration for each game will end 10min before each event start time. There will be absolutely no admittance into any event after the event starts. We have the venue for about 15 hours and these events may run until the 15th hour so please plan ahead by clearing your schedule for the entire day.

Venue: Spring Branch meeting rooms @ Spring Branch Plaza

Smash 4 Room: 114 (The Maple Room) located to the right of "Tech Corps Texas" banner

Melee/PM/FGC/BYOC Room: 130 (The Cypress Room) located directly under "In Style Dental Group" banner

Address: 2600 Gessner Rd #115, Houston, TX 77080

Phone: (281) 276-7781

Venue tour video: http://youtu.be/2qC6OxFfJcY

Several options for food!

1. Food trucks will be at TGC for you to use. 2 trucks will be for food and 1 will be for drinks.

2. Less than a mile away, there is Mc Donalds, WhatABurger, PizzaHut, Heartz Chicken, Subway, Long John Silver and more...

3. You can bring your food inside the venue.

Though you are allowed to show up and register when the doors open, registration/practice for each event will end 10 minutes before that event starts.

Xyro arrives at venue @ 9:00am to set up (players can be here that early as well)

Official Registration/Check-in/Practice for all Smash 4 events begins @ 10:00am.

Smash 4 2vs2 bracket begins @ 11:30am

Smash 4 1vs1 Wave 1 of Bracket Pools (1-4) begins @ 2:00pm

Smash 4 1vs1 Wave 2 of Bracket Pools (5-8) begins @ 5:00pm

Finish 2vs2 bracket and both waves of pools by 7:30pm.

Top 32 Smash 4 1vs1 begins @ 8:00pm

Leave the venue @ 1:00am

NOTE 1: For all other game times, please go here.

NOTE 2: In order to provide a smooth tournament experience for all attendees, no one is allowed to enter more than 3 games in total.

Venue Fee = $10
You can pay the venue fee here.
All players/spectators must pay a venue fee. If paid online, please bring a printed receipt or show us the receipt on your phone when you check-in. If you are going to pay in person or check-in, please be at the venue early because there will be long lines.

Smash WiiU 1vs1= $10
After paying your venue fee online or at the door, you will be able to purchase your 1vs1 pass at the door as well.

Smash WiiU 2vs2= $20 ($10 per person)
After paying your venue fee online or at the door, you will be able to purchase your 2vs2 pass at the door as well.Please be at the venue with your partner early to check-in/register because lines will be long.

For all other game prices, please go here

NOTE: There will be no refunds. If you have any questions, please make a post here or contact me personally.

Smash 4 1vs1 (less than 128 entrants)

1st=50%+50% of $500 pot bonus
2nd=30%+30% of $500 pot bonus
3rd=10%+10% of $500 pot bonus
4th=5%+5% of $500 pot bonus
5th=2.5%+2.5% of $500 pot bonus
5th=2.5%+2.5% of $500 pot bonus

Smash 4 1vs1 (more than 128 players)

1st=45%+50% of $500 pot bonus
5th=3%+2.5% of $500 pot bonus
5th=3%+2.5% of $500 pot bonus
8th=2%
8th=2%

Smash 4 2vs2

1st=55%+55% of $500 pot bonus

For all other games see this link for payouts

The official rules for Smash 4 can be found here. There have been massive changes to rule-set so please click the link and read them. Remember, all game rules are subject to change at any time so keep checking back. You are responsible for knowing all the rules.

TGC has a strict policy of ZERO friendlies and ZERO money matches once the tournament starts unless we have 20 or more full setups. A full setup is a WiiU/TV/Smash 4. All Smash 4 players who bring a full set-up THAT I USE will be given a FULL refund on their venue fee. If you cannot bring a full setup, please bring what equipment you can. We can use everything. Remember, the speed of any event is totally dependent on how much equipment is available so please help me out lol.

www.hotels.com is a great source for finding cheap to expensive hotels. Just type in the zip code of the venue and it will find you all the hotels within 50miles of the tournament.

If you dislike spending money on hotels, www.couchsurfing.com is an alternative way of finding free or super cheap housing. You might make new friends along the way!

Finally, it wouldn't hurt to post in this thread to see if fellow players are housing for free or mega cheap. It never hurts to ask.

The Character Challenge! Every TGC i create a character challenge to help encourage new character usage as well as to help others gain valuable match-up knowledge vs the characters in the challenge. At TGC 5, its the WiiFit/Palutena/Link challenge. The rules are super simple. All you have to do is make top 4 in TGC 5's 1vs1 event using ONLY WiiFit or ONLY Palutena or ONLY Link throughout the tournament. Whoever does this will receive $50 from me personally as well as get free entry in ALL events for the next TGC event he or she chooses to enter. Good Luck!

"Official TGC event #5" Facebook Event page can be found here

Give us a like on our home page at TGC: Texas Gaming Championships

Wanna be apart of Houston smash? Join the discussion and make friends here on Smashboards at the official Houston Thread.

If you have any questions/concerns/comments, please post here in this thread or contact me through private message here on SmashBoards (Xyro77), Twitter @Xyro77 or through Facebook (Allan Sims)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
FINALLY, good lord.

WECKmaster329

Smash Rookie
NNID
GAMEfreak329
This oughta be interesting for those who have never played Wii Fit, Palutena or Link. It seems very likely that Link will be the most popular choice for the challenge though.

Xyro77

If this is not fixed by TGC 5, I may have to review Diddy's legality.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hQlcYmSAb2w&feature=youtu.be
Stay tuned

edit: 10/9/2015: A new patch (1.1.2) was released and it fixed the Diddy issue. Everything is good to go on that front. Please make sure your wiiu is updated to the most recent patch by the time TGC is here.

Last edited:

Xyro77

If everything goes well, ill have a pretty big announcement on Oct 19th!

Hint: @UltimateRazer (GrimTurtle) Snake has a history of losing to this odd character (played by OOS players) in Brawl. Two separate players did him dirty with this character. The crowd, including Houston were not on Razer's side for the sheer fact that if he lost it would be a HUGE upset. What character defeated Snake? Think Apex and WHOBO.

edit: The 1st new gen to guess correctly will get 1vs1/2vs2 for free at TGC 5. If an old gen gets it correct, you get nothing.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I told them it was Ike, give me my nothing.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
I was hoping to keep this under everyone's hat, but now with the uncertainty of the DFW players, I have no choice. I am making an appearance at this event, and I need some housing and transportation around the Houston area. I will be taking the Megabus from Dallas to the Houston area.

Keep in mind that I am only attending as a guest of Xyro, but I may enter in a non-smash event depending on the competition.

Xyro77

New WiiU pro controller rules have been added to the rules. Please see first post for more details.

RoboSquid98

Smash Rookie
NNID
LazerSaur98
3DS FC
0216-1041-1878
I.. Am interested in going to this. I live in the DFW area, and feel like this could be a great opportunity to start my Smash career and get a full glimpse of the tournament experience.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Robo, there are also tournaments in the DFW region that has weekly Smash 4 tournaments on Wednesday.

Xyro77

I.. Am interested in going to this. I live in the DFW area, and feel like this could be a great opportunity to start my Smash career and get a full glimpse of the tournament experience.
Anyone and everyone is welcome. TGC usually brings the best players from all around TX to one place. It's a great way to lol up quickly.

RoboSquid98

Smash Rookie
NNID
LazerSaur98
3DS FC
0216-1041-1878
Robo, there are also tournaments in the DFW region that has weekly Smash 4 tournaments on Wednesday.
Would you mind linking me to these weeklys/ inform me about them? I'm afraid I only know of Tourney Locator, but knowing of more would be nice.. (I'm very bad at trying to find these things.)

HeroOfWinds

Smash Cadet
NNID
zt_defuzed
3DS FC
0344-9287-6341
If everything goes well, ill have a pretty big announcement on Oct 19th!

Hint: @UltimateRazer (GrimTurtle) Snake has a history of losing to this odd character (played by OOS players) in Brawl. Two separate players did him dirty with this character. The crowd, including Houston were not on Razer's side for the sheer fact that if he lost it would be a HUGE upset. What character defeated Snake? Think Apex and WHOBO.

edit: The 1st new gen to guess correctly will get 1vs1/2vs2 for free at TGC 5. If an old gen gets it correct, you get nothing.
King DeDeDe

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
Would you mind linking me to these weeklys/ inform me about them? I'm afraid I only know of Tourney Locator, but knowing of more would be nice.. (I'm very bad at trying to find these things.)
I used to run the Fort Worth Classic, but the only venues that hosts Smash tournaments at any regularity is at FX Game Exchange in Plano and at Sci-Fi Factory in Lake Worth.

The former holds weeklys three or more times a week (one for each Smash game), and Sci-Fi Factory hosts theirs at twice a month (I want to say every 2nd and 4th Saturday of the month).

Before I formally retired, I hosted my events at a rate of one a year, but I announce it three months in advance, so that there would be no conflict in the dates.

Xyro77

Hello everyone! Xyro here with a few pretty damn exciting TGC 5 updates that I've been holding on to for a while now. This is something you REALLY don't wanna miss because it is likely that you won't be able to experience this here in Tx again.

1. I am proud to announce that Ryo (Florida), the best Ike in North America, has purchased his plane ticket and will be attending TGC 5. Ryo is known for being not only the best Ike in smash 4 but he was also the best Ike in Brawl. In the Brawl days, he decimated GrimTurtle every time they met. More recently, At MLG 2015 he took down Karna, The Wall and a few other Texan players. On December 5th will Houston be able stop the return of hurricane Ike? You can follow the one and only Ryo on Twitter here: https://mobile.twitter.com/MVG_Ryo

edit: i know a lot of you are thinking "Ike? Ike is TRASH! What a WASTE!!" I invite you sit down with Ryo (super nice guy btw) and have a tasty match or two with him. I guarantee you that your opinion will take a drastic turn once he lands a fully charged usmash on your face because he tricked you into doing a panic ledge roll or panic airdodge. The man seriously makes players feel FEAR. It hurts so good.

2. This awesome surprise wasn't planned at all but im SOOO glad to be hit with it! I now have conformation from the man himself that 2Scoops Zenyou (California) is going to TGC 5 on December 5th! Zenyou is most definitely in the top 2 best Mario players in smash 4. Some say he's better than Ally! This will be Zenyou's first adventure to Houston so please let's make it a weekend he won't forget for a long time. You can follow the Mario master on Twitter here: https://mobile.twitter.com/Steroidism

edit:. I know we have a decent amount of Mario players here in Houston so please take notes while watching ZenYou play. Not only is he a damn good player, the dude is chill as fukc so don't be afraid to ask for friendlies. Even if you lose, do not give up. Remember, play to learn, not to win. Winning will come naturally.

3. I have one more OOS (out of state) player i am working on to get down here for TGC 5 but i don't wanna promise anything yet. Just know that Xyro aka papa lesbian aka the ancient gen aka the one true TO of Texas will always do his best to keep Houston THE place to play smash 4.

4. There is a strong rumor going around that new DLC characters and stages will be around by the time TGC 5 happens. If new DLC characters are released before TGC 5, they will be legal for TGC 5 regardless of how early/late they are on sale. Please keep an eye out for TGC rule changes (mainly for the addition of DLC stages if they are decent) and make sure your WiiU/smash 4 has been updated with the latest patch. The link for the rules can be found on the first post of this thread.

5. As always, if you have any questions, comments or concerns, you can hit me up on Smashboards (Xyro77), FaceBook (Allan Xyro Sims) or Twitter ( Xyro77 Xyro77 ). I cant want to see how Tx's best players will do vs Cali (Zenyou) and Florida (Ryo)! See yall at TGC 5 on December 5th!!!!

Oni•n

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Onion546714
3DS FC
5129-2796-7326
This is awesome! Thank you, Papa Lesbian for everything you have done to make TGC the best tournament series in Texas! You're the best!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
This is great news.

Bizonko

Smash Rookie
The amount of excited I am now is unimaginable, I hope to do better this go round than I did at tgc4 (lost both games right away)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Xyro77 Xyro77 Any venue info? I don't see it in OP unless I am being silly...

HyLeN

Smash Rookie
NNID
HyLendaBess
3DS FC
5155-3262-7849
Sounds awesome.... Maybe i'll come to this one.

The Wall

You PC Bro?!
NNID
Zefwano
3DS FC
4356-0548-2157
Eh, he barely got me at MLG. I don't plan on losing again.

The Wall

You PC Bro?!
NNID
Zefwano
3DS FC
4356-0548-2157
How about.... nah. Ask anyone who has played me. Once I lose to a person I come back with a vengeance.

Top Bottom