• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TFS: Just when I thought I was out, THEY PULL ME BACK IN. **** Melee

otg

Smash Master
Who's Max? I have to make it on time to get ***** O_o?
I'm Max, and for Jona Gay = GOOD. But yeah I go to purchase now so if you're graduating this year we can play next year. Regardless you should try and come out one weekend. Take metronorth to rye or port chester and get a ride. That simple.

Nyko I'll think about it, my cash flow is pretty low and train tickets into the city are expensive.

S.R. XXVII

Smash Ace
I'm Max, and for Jona Gay = GOOD. But yeah I go to purchase now so if you're graduating this year we can play next year. Regardless you should try and come out one weekend. Take metronorth to rye or port chester and get a ride. That simple.

Nyko I'll think about it, my cash flow is pretty low and train tickets into the city are expensive.
Word. I could take the MetroNorth.
You mean a ride from one of you guys?
Sounds awesome. I need to play more people. ^_^

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
yea nick is cool enough and always gives me a ride

since he lives like 5 feet from the rye train station.

and my friend gives me a ride from port chester, or i

just take a cab. but yea man you gotta come along.

S.R. XXVII

Smash Ace
Alright, I'll see if I could come, some time this month. Maybe even this weekend. But I'm trying to go to the No Johns Biweekly too, so I'll iron it out. I've never taken the MetroNorth before, but I'll be okay with it.

I hope you guys know that I'm not too good. I use Bowser/Ganon/DK btw. >_>

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
well, we'll see. i mean were all kinda good....

but im the best one obiously.

then its nick, then sam, then the guy that uses jiggs, then max.

max sucks. youll probly beat him.

lol nah max is nice

Reaver197

Smash Lord
I'm in this town called Chappaqua during the summer, which is really close to Purchase.

My friend played PC at a tournament in Connecticut. lol, he got owned apparently.

By the way, how spacious are the dorms at Purchase? I've been on the campus of that place a couple of times but I've never been in any of the residential buildings.

Edit: Oh yeah, I'm also just putting this out there as a heads up, but it seems that I might be having a bit of a smash gathering for the weekend of Thanksgiving break, but nothing definite yet.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
hmm well max's appartment/dorm now is pretty huge.

its basically a 1 floor house with like 4 rooms or something.

kitchen tv's living room all that.

but the normal dorms are crappy as hell.

the one max was in b4 sucked ballllls

but that smash gathering seems intresting.

details on it later on would be nice

keep us posted?

otg

Smash Master
lol jona how dare you say I suck? 4 stockings on you. I can't judge how good we are but Sam and I have played a bunch of the best people in the area and done very well, and entered a bunch of tournies in the NE. We've both won/placed well in a few local tournies, so you'll definitely have fun playing with us. Like I said we're always looking for new people to play with and what not.

S.R.: Low tiers are cool, lately I've been ****ing around with G&W and Ness a lot. Since DK's is out of low tier now I want a new Low Tier main. I'd say you should probably pick up a top/high tier to keep up though.... Bowser/Ganon/DK can only go so far. You could say the same thing about Doc, but I make him look sexy.

S.R. XXVII

Smash Ace
Yeah, I know >_>. I dabble in Fox, and I used to main Falco(got bored), and I know how to use Sheik and Marth, just in case. I just like playing Ganon cause he's mad fun, and he ***** in OoT. DK Country was the first game that I owned, so DK was naturally picked up. And Bowser, see "The Gimpy Effect", lol.

Niko45

Smash Master
Moving stage counterpicks...

I had an immediate SD that was ******** in match 1 of winner's finals and lost that match by 1 stock (Whole winner's finals was my marth vs his fox). Won the next match and then he counterpicks rainbow cruise...and I lose. I win the next one on pokemon stadium and then I blow the last match on FD (had him firefoxing right underneath me while I was on the ledge, got caught in the fire and lost). Then somehow the format for grand finals was that he needed to beat me three times while I needed to beat him SIX times.

He goes falcon I go fox and win. He counterpicks brinstar and I go sheik like an idiot and lose. I win the next one and then he goes to poke floats and of course I lose. Then he beat me fox vs his falcon in a nailbiter on yoshi story to win the whole thing.

Overall: If I hadn't blown the match on FD in winner's finals I would have won. I also would have probably won if he had not counterpicked to rainbow cruise in that first set. Considering the format in grand finals had me needing to win 6 times to win and therefore winning at least 3 or 4 counterpicks it was basically over at that point. I won the majority on neutral stages but not by enough to offset his counterpicks.

The kid was def a legit player...had a solid falcon and fox, but when 1st place is wining 60 bucks and 2nd is winning 40 bucks I wish we'd been able to give the people watching more of a show. He has the right to pick those stages so its fine I now have to actually spend time playing on those bull**** stages to make sure that bull**** doesn't happen again.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
I really enjoyed your matches against Lin, Niko. Those were pretty awesome.

Personally, I was surprised at Tian's choices of character and level selections. He was always telling me how many weaknesses he thinks Falcon has after learning how to play Fox and Marth pretty well, and I've never really seen him counterpick such extreme stages before, but I guess he wanted to be extra safe. But he chose to play Falcon for the grand finals, so I don't really know. Still, you managed to get some good things done during your matches against him.

I felt terrible that teams didn't go as well for as singles did though. Your team definitely had the potential to place much higher than it did. Though, it seemed that Lin and Valdet had a rough time with teams as well, seeing that John and I had managed score an upset victory against them.

By the way otg, lol at the date for your tournament. That was the very day I was planning on doing the thanksgiving weekend smashfest. Maybe instead I could bring my friends up to Purchase for the tournament? That way, Niko could also get a rematch against Tian in a tourney setting.

otg

Smash Master
I really enjoyed your matches against Lin, Niko. Those were pretty awesome.

Personally, I was surprised at Tian's choices of character and level selections. He was always telling me how many weaknesses he thinks Falcon has after learning how to play Fox and Marth pretty well, and I've never really seen him counterpick such extreme stages before, but I guess he wanted to be extra safe. But he chose to play Falcon for the grand finals, so I don't really know. Still, you managed to get some good things done during your matches against him.

I felt terrible that teams didn't go as well for as singles did though. Your team definitely had the potential to place much higher than it did. Though, it seemed that Lin and Valdet had a rough time with teams as well, seeing that John and I had managed score an upset victory against them.

By the way otg, lol at the date for your tournament. That was the very day I was planning on doing the thanksgiving weekend smashfest. Maybe instead I could bring my friends up to Purchase for the tournament? That way, Niko could also get a rematch against Tian in a tourney setting.
Well Reaver, that is the date for Alukard's BiWeekly so I have to change it but we should DEFINITELY meet up and do a crewbattle. Bring your crew, I'll bring mine. In fact, let's set a date for this right now.

BTW Niko, smash?

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Ah, hmm...

I'm not sure how much leeway I have with time. Tian was telling me that Thanksgiving break (and that weekend), was pretty much the only open time he was going to have until, I assume, after finals has ended and winter break starts, and even then I don't know if he has other plans, same with his friends. Unless I can convince them to go to Alukard's biweekly, but I can't make any guarantees about that.

But, yeah, crew battles would be cool, lol, though I can't say we're any sort of intentional, organized crew of sorts.

otg

Smash Master
But, yeah, crew battles would be cool, lol, though I can't say we're any sort of intentional, organized crew of sorts.
Sort of the same thing over here, we all just play together, I'd like to make it official but none of us play all together on a consistent basis to be an official crew. Regardless, we all take names, so ****ing bring it. If anything you should just meet up with Nyko at some point and come play with us on a weekend or something. Just take Metro North on the East Hudson line to PC or Rye and we can meet up.

Niko45

Smash Master
Thanks, Mikael. Thanks for ur support throughout the tourney too. Falcon dittos with Lin were awesome. Lin is incredible out of shield, but thankfully shield camping can only go so far and I probably learned/improved the most on the day from playing him. Kind of a brutal time to be fighting my first peach ever, too, but luckily I pulled it off. I should have been going marth in the counterpicks where I went sheik instead, and I also should have been very gay on those stages. I'm over it tho. I'm just glad there was much higher competition than I was ever expecting compared to last year and I'd much rather get 2nd vs a competitive field than have gotten 1st destroying scrubs so it was well worthwhile. Congrats on getting 2nd in teams, too. We just weren't ready in teams. OTG's DK and Jona's Roy will tell you how not ready I am for teams. It's ok tho, we rocked some people.

Top Bottom