• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Request Texturing imported models with HSDRaw

TrueLeeka

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
LEEK#444
Hi, I am currently working on stage model customizations. I am struggling with how texturing works in HSDRaw Viewer. I can import my models just fine, and tweak material colors works for me as well, but whenever I try to import a new texture it won't show in the viewport. I tried to re-import with several setting changes, such as flipping faces, UVs, etc.

I figured there's two ways I could do this :
  • Find a way to create .mobj files with blender or convert .obj to .mobj, which I did not ;
  • Texture my meshes directly in HSDRaw, which I can't seem to figure out.

Here's what I did so far :
  • Exported GrNLa.dat (FD file) with DTW
  • Exported model to .dae file with HSDRaw
  • Imported it in Blender and created my new meshes on top of it and textured it
  • Exported edited FD model to .dae and imported it in HSDRaw
  • Figured Blender materials couldn't be read by HSDRaw since they're .obj (HSDRaw only supports .mobj)
  • Tried to import my textures (jpg) in HSDRaw with those settings : format = CI8 ; palette = RGB565 (no transparency needed).

When I load my modded iso in Dolphin textures show just fine when applied in HSDRaw, but I would like to preview them in the viewport as well.

EDIT : Since I had my texturing and UV mapping done in Blender, it would be nice if I could actually get to convert Blender material files into .mobj

Last edited:
Top Bottom