• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (File Patch v3.5.1, fixes info.pac problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Who here have experienced game freezes?
Which character was selected when it froze?
I'm asking, because I found out that my texture hacks freezes only when I have a character who requires a .pac file selected.

Maybe certain .pac files causes interference.
Look into it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
A forum member from the Kitty Corp. forums found a new version of the File Replacement code. Here's what it reads.

http://board.gscentral.org/showpost.php?p=142624&postcount=3

Code:
File Replacement: v2.0
225B8A40 00000000
0401BFE0 4858BE20
065A7E00 00000038
38610008 9421FF80
BC410008 4BA74DE9
7C7C1B78 2C030000
4082000C 38210080
48000014 B8410008
38210080 4BA74319
7C7C1B78 4BA74220
043EE9D8 48000014
043EEBD4 48000014
043D8B9C 48000018
043E9B4C 38600000
043E9D38 38600000
043D8C80 60000000
0401CD0C 4858B1F4
065A7F00 00000018
2C030000 4182000C
4BA7DD51 48000008
8078000C 4BA74DFC
E0000000 80008000

v2.0
-Load speed is unaffected.
-Flawless file loading.
-Does not require SD Loader of SD Files.
-Still does not support music...
Whether or not this has been tested is unknown. Also, if it does work, some tests should also be done to see if it works with the CSPs.

Also, chances are, you'll still have to use the Disable Custom Stages code with it.

Finns7

Smash Ace
That sounds good

Question, why does my game freeze when I transform from zelda to shiek or vise versa, they both have there pacs on

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
Wait, that does not require SD Loader or SD Files? And it's much smaller...

I'm a bit worried about it. Anyone want to test it?

My game still freezes if I don't wait at the CSS even with File Replacement 1.3 and the Disable Custom Stages 1.1....

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
RoyMaster, it may be a specific texture. Out of the 20+ I got, 3 textures always 100% caused it to crash.

Where do we put the character select portraits on the SD card? Same place as the character textures?

Recoil

Smash Journeyman
I'll go test it right now.

@Mic: Read up on alex's guide on this forum on how to install csps. It should give you a menu, system, info files after your done with the cpuash steps, where then after you drop it into the /pf file.

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
RoyMaster, it may be a specific texture. Out of the 20+ I got, 3 textures always 100% caused it to crash.

Where do we put the character select portraits on the SD card? Same place as the character textures?
It's every single texture that causes it. I have to wait at the CSS for the wii to stop working.

And it's not in the same spot.

Recoil

Smash Journeyman
Well I just tried v2.0 and it didn't work for me. I assumed PW meant "Does not require SD Loader or SD Files. ".

Also Roy, maybe a suggestion to remove every code except File Replacement v1.3, SD Loader v1.1, and SD Files and try it then?

EDIT: Tried adding SD Files to FR v2.0, still didn't work :[

@ Roy, I would say it would probably it would be a faulty texture but you said every one freezes so I'm not sure what problem it would be ><;

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
Well I just tried v2.0 and it didn't work for me. I assumed PW meant "Does not require SD Loader or SD Files. ".

Also Roy, maybe a suggestion to remove every code except File Replacement v1.3, SD Loader v1.1, and SD Files and try it then?
The only other codes I have on are the unlimited camera rotation (Which shouldn't matter) and the disable custom stages.

Phantom Wings

Smash Apprentice
With this version, files are loaded from the root instead of the pf folder, so everything in the pf folder should be copied to the root of the sd card. I posted a note along with this code that said as much but it looks like it was missed.(I intend on fixing this soon, but I had to release something for the time being.) The code works perfectly on it's own, it doesn't need the sd Files, sd Loader or disable custom stages.

Oh, and Mario And Sonic Guy, just to dispel any confusion on the authenticity of this code, could I ask you to add the tag [Phantom Wings] after the name of the code? I initially forgot to add it and now there seems to be some people who think it's a fake because of it's shortness (and with a good reason, what with it not working when the textures are in the pf folder.) I'm trying to go about getting people to fix that and add the note as to where the files need to go, but word spreads quickly.

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
Does it load the CSPs flawlessly? Just checking...

EDIT: Just tried it. IT FIXES EVERYTHING!
I just need more CSPs and textures now...

Recoil

Smash Journeyman
With this version, files are loaded from the root instead of the pf folder, so everything in the pf folder should be copied to the root of the sd card. I posted a note along with this code that said as much but it looks like it was missed.(I intend on fixing this soon, but I had to release something for the time being.) The code works perfectly on it's own, it doesn't need the sd Files, sd Loader or disable custom stages.
Thank you! Works great :D

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Oh, and Mario And Sonic Guy, just to dispel any confusion on the authenticity of this code, could I ask you to add the tag [Phantom Wings] after the name of the code? I initially forgot to add it and now there seems to be some people who think it's a fake because of it's shortness (and with a good reason, what with it not working when the textures are in the pf folder.) I'm trying to go about getting people to fix that and add the note as to where the files need to go, but word spreads quickly.
Sorry about that. I found this information from the Kitty Corp. forums, and the member that posted that code never did display your screen name.

If anything, you should remind that user about this as well. From what I recall, the Kitty Corp. forum member that posted that code goes by the screen name, Shadow. Also, here's a link to that post.

http://kittycorp.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=news&action=display&thread=429&page=20#8831

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
To the people who have it freeze when Zelda transforms: Delete the pac files for the Zelda/Sheik textures and generate them yourself. It's probably a bad pac file.

Villainous

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know how to do the custom character portraits? I was wanting to make mine so I could tell what custom color I'm using but I can't seem to find a tutorial or anything on any of the sites. Anyone know how to do it?

Finns7

Smash Ace
What does that do to for brawl+ gct/

Do I put the RSBE01.gct on the root now instead of the pf folder??? Or only remove the textures (fighter folder) and CSP's (menu and system folder)

Phantom Wings

Smash Apprentice
Sorry about that. I found this information from the Kitty Corp. forums, and the member that posted that code never did display your screen name.

If anything, you should remind that user about this as well. From what I recall, the Kitty Corp. forum member that posted that code goes by the screen name, Shadow. Also, here's a link to that post.

http://kittycorp.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=news&action=display&thread=429&page=20#8831
No Problem, though really, I should be the one to pay more attention to what I need to place my name on. Usually it's not such a big thing to me. But as I said, between people expressing their doubts and the fact that it didn't in fact work if you have them in the wrong folder, I just wanted to make sure that everyone knew that the code was indeed mine and therefore, guaranteed not to be a hoax. (that's not to say that one day I may pull all of your legs and release one behind your backs:laugh:)

What does that do to for brawl+ gct/

Do I put the RSBE01.gct on the root now instead of the pf folder??? Or only remove the textures (fighter folder) and CSP's (menu and system folder)

Because the extended gct loader runs on the old Dynamic SD Loader code, it will still need to be in the pf folder. (on that same topic, the new code should work without interrupting the extended .gct loader.)

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
So, lemme get this straight:
1) The new code doesnt require any of the other codes, including Disable Custom Stages.
2) If you use the Double GCT method, this code, the Dynamic SD Loader code, and the SD Files code, all go in the root GCT.
3) If you still use snapshots, it still needs to go in the root GCT and not the BIN snapshot.
4) This code is a helluva lot better than the old code.

How did you get it so short?

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
I added a few new textures today, and now, it freezes before even reaching the 'Please put on the wrist strap' screen! What's wrong now?
EDIT: Now it got past it... finally... wonder what was keeping it?

EDIT 2: Bah! Not again! WHY IS IT FREEZING!?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
So, lemme get this straight:
1) The new code doesnt require any of the other codes, including Disable Custom Stages.
2) If you use the Double GCT method, this code, the Dynamic SD Loader code, and the SD Files code, all go in the root GCT.
3) If you still use snapshots, it still needs to go in the root GCT and not the BIN snapshot.
4) This code is a helluva lot better than the old code.

How did you get it so short?
If you don't want your files all scrambled around in the root of your SD Card, you might want to stick with File Replacement v1.3 and/or File Replacement v1.1 for now.

Besides, Phantom Wings did mention that he'll try to fix up the code.

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
Ok, I'm thinking about reverting back to the old code. This new one causes my wii to *usually* freeze before even reaching the wrist strap screen, while the wiimote is ini the off-state. It takes 5+ tries before it actually works. I'd rather have it actually work and have to wait at the CSS then have to deal with this.

dabridge

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the new code Phantom Wings. ^-^ I was really getting sick of the textures not loading sometimes/long loading times.

Ok, I'm thinking about reverting back to the old code. This new one causes my wii to *usually* freeze before even reaching the wrist strap screen, while the wiimote is ini the off-state. It takes 5+ tries before it actually works. I'd rather have it actually work and have to wait at the CSS then have to deal with this.
This was happening to me too, but only once, and the first time I tried it. Are you putting the pf files on the root folder? Everything still needs to stay on it's on folder after that.

Phantom Wings

Smash Apprentice
This was one of the bugs that I had to deal with when making the code... For some reason the code will freeze only on startup - I'm guessing that it has something to do with the SD routine not having been unpacked yet. I thought I fixed it by adding a delay for the code when it's loaded but I guess it still needs to be extended a bit.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
So wait, do we move the "fighter", "stage", etc. folders to the root, or the "captain", "dedede", "diddy" and whatnot?

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Here's a silly question: how do you actually DOWNLOAD the textures that are listed on Stack Shack? I don't see a download link anywhere.

Mr.Black

Smash Rookie
I followed the video guide but only few textures seem to work.
A typical path to a texture on my SD card is: I:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\MadWorldGanon00.pac
(that particular texture doesn't normally work)
Any help?

Sukai

Smash Champion
Guys... any chance you could answer MY question...? :ohwell:
On the middle right side, along the red links, there is one titled, "Released Content".

It seems the new code has some bugs.
I'm only now starting to experience loading issues with my texture changes, while testing something out in Brawl+, FitSamus00 didn't load, I No contested, and wait a bit longer and then saw it appear.
I don't mind the wait, because it's almost seamless.
However when the new code is perfected, I'd like to request one with the loader codes that Brawl+ needs to work.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I followed the video guide but only few textures seem to work.
A typical path to a texture on my SD card is: I:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\MadWorldGanon00.pac
(that particular texture doesn't normally work)
Any help?
You should have it look like this

I:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\ganon\MadWorldGanon00.pac but MWGanon renamed FitGanon0#.pac (.pac files are optional for some, but all need .pcs files as well) where # is the number of the costume. A list of all numbers and all costumes is in the first post.

EDIT: Anyone know what directory to put the New Strap Loader retexture?

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
On the middle right side, along the red links, there is one titled, "Released Content".
Thanks, man. I'll check it out.

So anyway, guys, I did the first of what will hopefully be many texture hacks.

I've always felt the one bad thing about Pokemon Trainer's color scheme is that Charizard had no blue palette. That's always bothered me, so I wanted to correct that. It's just a simple color change, but I think I did a pretty decent job on it. I'll let you be the judge. I call it "Fire and Ice." Hope you guys like it. :bee:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J4JZOVQD

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
This was one of the bugs that I had to deal with when making the code... For some reason the code will freeze only on startup - I'm guessing that it has something to do with the SD routine not having been unpacked yet. I thought I fixed it by adding a delay for the code when it's loaded but I guess it still needs to be extended a bit.
Well, good to know it was the code and not a problem with my Wii or disc. Hope this gets fixed soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom