• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Textures Leaked - Ridley, Isaac, and Bandana Dee trophies not present? UPDATED: MORE NEW EVIDENCE!

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
not that i have to prove myself correct but, you are indeed wrong.. so feel free to return back to game**** yourself? Google Waddle Doo and read the page..

also here, http:/ /kirby.wikia.com/wiki/Category:playable_characters
I looked all through his page, I didn't see him being referred to as playable.

Dan

Smash Lord
Is Bandana Dee a unique character or just a bunch of enemies?

whitebandit

Smash Rookie
Yes, as a helper in Kirby Superstar. BDee is playable in Return to Dream Land, a game released in between Brawl Smash 4. Arbitrary points don't make you right, it just shows how stubborn you are.
so at first you are saying I was Wrong and knew nothing, yet you are now admitting that im stubborn because i was correct and it is likely you are just being biased and stubborn in wanting a stupid/nameless enemy from a game whos already got plenty of representation?

Portanix

Smash Cadet
Warning Received
Bandana Dee is a boring piece of crap and he won't make it. The reason why Craphole Dee has no trophy is because he is an unimportant and boring character. Stop dreaming.

Lord Goomy

Smash Apprentice
He is a unique, playable character. He is referred to as a singular entity in the game. He is separate from other Waddle Dees.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Unique character.
so at first you are saying I was Wrong and knew nothing, yet you are now admitting that im stubborn because i was correct and it is likely you are just being biased and stubborn in wanting a stupid/nameless enemy from a game whos already got plenty of representation?
That last part, just, what?

Poxnixles

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vitiel
3DS FC
3823-8576-9592
AGAIN, US AMERICANS NEED TO REALIZE SAKURAI COULD GIVE TWO SH*TS ABOUT US, WHAT EVER IS IN JAPAN THAT IS POPULAR SEEMS TO MATTER, SERISOULY. LOOK AT ALL THE OLD FIRE EMBLEM CHARCTERS OR HOW SOME CHARACTERS ARE FROM MOSTLY JAPAN POPULAR GAMES, JUST BECAUSE KIRBY IS NOT AS POPULAR HERE AS IT IS IN JAPAN DOES NOT MEAN IT IS A IRRELLIVANT SERIES. look at series like fire emlbem and mother, MUCH MORE POPULAR IN JAPAN. metroid and donkey kong are not even things in japan, when was the last metroid game? how much donkey kong content is in this game? THERE ARE PLACES OUTSIDE OF AMERICA YOU KNOW,

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/09/22/japan-ranks-their-favourite-nintendo-franchises/

http://news.mynavi.jp/c_cobs/enquete/realranking/2012/09/22_1e.html
honestly it's more like sakurai should have realized there's more than japan to appeal to

smash is really a celebration of all things nintendo video games and donkey kong as far as i know does well enough in japan too. please stop with the gross xenophilia

there is nothing wrong with supporting franchises more popular in the west nor is there anything wrong with supporting ones more popular in japan. why not both?

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
so because japan likes kirby we need stupid playable characters in smash brothers? no

and also why do you keep stating the same thing over and over again? US AMERICANS -- JAPAN - US AMERICANS -- JAPAN -US AMERICANS -- JAPAN -US AMERICANS -- JAPAN -US AMERICANS -- JAPAN -US AMERICANS -- JAPAN -US AMERICANS -- JAPAN -US AMERICANS -- JAPAN -US AMERICANS -- JAPAN -US AMERICANS -- JAPAN -US AMERICANS -- JAPAN -US AMERICANS -- JAPAN -US AMERICANS -- JAPAN -US AMERICANS -- JAPAN -US AMERICANS -- JAPAN -US AMERICANS -- JAPAN -US AMERICANS -- JAPAN -US AMERICANS -- JAPAN -US AMERICANS -- JAPAN -US AMERICANS -- JAPAN -US AMERICANS -- JAPAN -
Stupid character is subjective.

Lord Goomy

Smash Apprentice
Bandana Dee is a boring piece of crap and he won't make it. The reason why Craphole Dee has no trophy is because he is an unimportant and boring character. Stop dreaming.
Dude, you're allowed to not like the character, but please don't say inflammatory things.

Poxnixles

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vitiel
3DS FC
3823-8576-9592
Kirby is about as popular of a series as loz or Pokemon, it doesn't even get close to enough representation
kirby isn't a worldwide phenomenon or common garb for hipsters don't delude yourself, as great as kirby is

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
All subjective personal opinion. I think this statement is boring crap.

I hope that everyone's most desired viable characters have a chance but we just don't know anything anyway. More people were expecting Ridley than Duck Hunt dog, and Chrom over Lucina... etc... etc...

In the end it's for Sakurai to decide what he think is most interesting. What is boring to some people is exciting to others. Many people my not have requested Wii Fit Trainer but there she is and some people who had the chance to play her ended up liking her play style and figuring that that's what's most important in the smash game.

Last edited:

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
Golden Sun had a new title in 2010 - late 2010 at that. Sure you could technically call that 'years', but in terms of video game series releases, it's quite an exaggeration to say so. It is a very recent release, relatively, especially considering the gap in between The Lost Age and it (Dark Dawn).

The absence of Golden Sun content does not make any sense whatsoever, either way.
Oh. Well, that's news to me.

Lord Goomy

Smash Apprentice
kirby isn't a worldwide phenomenon or common garb for hipsters don't delude yourself, as great as kirby is
I'm very glad that Kirby isn't garb for hipsters, that would be a very sad thing. :p You are right though, Kirby isn't as popular as LoZ or Pokemon.

ferioku

Smash Ace
Isaac being missing doesn't surprise me to be honest. Golden Sun hasn't had a new installment in years. Bandana Dee being missing...meh, I don't see how he's that big a thing anyways. Ridley, though...very interesting. Maybe it's because he's just in the Wii U version, but maybe there's more to it than that.
Golden sun hasn't had a game in 4 years, Duck Hunt hasn't had a game in over a decade and Punch Out hasn't had a game since the Wii from what I can remember. So that is kind of irrelivent. They won't just remove one of the most requested characters EVER from the game completely, that is just nonsense.

FangedSniper

Smash Apprentice
I honestly don't get what's with all the Bandana Dee hate here. The detractors need to grow up actually read what we are saying rather than making uninformed counter-arguments. If you are trying to convince us that Bandana Dee shouldn't be playable, first read the bandana Dee support thread's main post, and then try to talk.

It's fine that you don't want Bandana Dee in, but for the love of all that is holy please don't act like a 5 year old.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
To those saying that Bandana Dee is missing because he was too boring of a character:

It's actually a pretty big deal that the character version of Waddle Dee isn't here as a trophy considering how even Hal acknowledges his popularity.

As much as I want him, I don't think this means DLC especially considering there is going to be a boss Ridley in the Wii U version. I think this means stage hazard/assist trophy for him.

Last edited:

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
Kirby is about as popular of a series as loz or Pokemon, it doesn't even get close to enough representation
Some would say LoZ hasn't gotten enough representation either.
Golden sun hasn't had a game in 4 years, Duck Hunt hasn't had a game in over a decade and Punch Out hasn't had a game since the Wii from what I can remember. So that is kind of irrelivent. They won't just remove one of the most requested characters EVER from the game completely, that is just nonsense.
Well, it may be because I'm new around here, but I haven't seen enough "Make Isaac playable" posts to make me believe he's in the "most requested characters EVER" category...no offense.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
My problem with Bandana Dee is that he feels generic, and would be a 4th Kirby character. You can give him all of the moves in the world, but putting him in is the equivalent of putting in Koops from Paper Mario. Just doesn't belong.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
BD is a nobody, is just behind DDD and MK because someone thought it would look cool to be, the new knucle joe and thats it, is fooling people with the "omg new character this series is has never be this good" argument when is obviously not, they arent even trying anymore, just playing safe.

I dont mind him in the game though, and is strange he isnt in any way, which makes me think he is an AT or stage hazard for the wii u version.

Last edited:

Super_Queijo

Smash Apprentice
I would rather have another characters as a 4th kirby rep than BDee. Marx, Dark Matter, Goey and the Animal Friends are far more interesting.

Portanix

Smash Cadet
Or a really big trash bag with a spear and a bandana. Would be more interesting than Bandana Dee at least.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
BD is a nobody, is just behind DDD and MK because someone thought it would look cool to be, the new knucle joe and thats it, is fooling people with the "omg new character this series is has never be this good" argument when is obviously not, they arent even trying anymore, just playing safe.

I dont mind him in the game though, and is strange he isnt in any way, which makes me think he is an AT or stage hazard for the wii u version.
I disagree with most of this, but thank you for being nice about it unlike some others.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
He's been one of the main characters because the game every sequel is imitating needed a 4th main character
Luigi was created just Bc they needed a 2nd character. Why would this disprove BDee's chances? Bandana Dee is such a big Kirby character, that it's weird to just ignore him. All they had to do was take the waddle dee model they had, and slap a bandana on it. It seems quite odd that he isn't in the game in any capacity...

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I would rather have another characters as a 4th kirby rep than BDee. Marx, Dark Matter, Goey and the Animal Friends are far more interesting.
Most of these characters haven't been relevant since the SNES. Interesting and being a representative are two different things. I'm sure Marx from KSS would be awesome and have a possibly cool moveset but he's in one or two games and shouldn't get in over Bandana Dee to actually represent the franchise. It should be a character who continue to show up, play a role, and also represent the franchise in the future.... these are roles Bandana Dee as a character is taking up...

I say this as a big fan of Marx and KSS in general... but it just would be odd to just add any character I like from the franchise and not take into account these factors.

Last edited:

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Never said he deserved to be in, I said he has potential and IMO should be in.

See what I mean? People don't do any research on the character and think they can judge his inclusion right off the bat.

We should get a Koopa turtle with abilities from other koopas then... Red Shell/blueShell/Greenshell FTW OMG GUYS KOOPAS DONT HAVE TROPHY< DLC??!??!
Congrats on not understanding Bandana Dee at all.

What about Yoshi? Yoshi is just the term for the overall species, yet Green Yoshi started to get more important roles to the point he was no longer just a Yoshi, but his own unique character. Same thing applies to Bandana Dee -- he may be a Waddle Dee, but he's certainly not "just" a Waddle Dee. It's not rocket science.

Or a really big trash bag with a spear and a bandana. Would be more interesting than Bandana Dee at least.
Also, I've been mature enough to be rational and accepting of other theories, and haven't insulted anyone. All you've posted so far is offensive dribble, with barely any thought behind it. What's your problem? Bandana Dee kill your family or something?

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
This thread went from a discussion about possible DLC hints to why Bandana Dee should/shouldn't been included in Smash Bros. at all.

Please, can we get back on-topic? If this just continues to be a flame war about characters, I'll request for this thread to be locked.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Never said he deserved to be in, I said he has potential and IMO should be in.

See what I mean? People don't do any research on the character and think they can judge his inclusion right off the bat.

Congrats on not understanding Bandana Dee at all.

What about Yoshi? Yoshi is just the term for the overall species, yet Green Yoshi started to get more important roles to the point he was no longer just a Yoshi, but his own unique character. Same thing applies to Bandana Dee -- he may be a Waddle Dee, but he's certainly not "just" a Waddle Dee. It's not rocket science.

Also, I've been mature enough to be rational and accepting of other theories, and haven't insulted anyone. All you've posted so far is offensive dribble, with barely any thought behind it. What's your problem? Bandana Dee kill your family or something?
Although I agree with most of this, @ Dan Dan was probably just confused about who Bandana Dee was and was asking, since one side is saying 'He's a unique main character!' and the other side is saying 'He's just a slightly improved enemy!'
Also, if anything Bandana Dee probably beat @ Portanix Portanix in 'Megaton Punch'. :laugh:
Edit: Just saw @ Aunt Jemima Aunt Jemima post, and yeah, let's get back on topic.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I mean, 4 controllers on Wii U + 4 3DS systems...... It could work on Wii U.
wait

WAIT

Could this work? I mean, we have no idea if the 3DS counts as another controller, so it may just be, like, a game communication thingy...

omg

ferioku

Smash Ace
Although i'm not a great fan of Bandana Dee, even though I love my Kirby!

Anyone who say's he is not relevant, he lacks character, his movesets are not viable or hes just a random thrown in character really don't know much about Kirby, this seriously had to be said. Bandana Dee is one of the main characters alongside Kirby>MetaKnight=King D3>Bandana Dee. He has been in most of Kirby's journeys and will continue to be in them. He is also a playable character in Kirby Adventures. So at least research the character before judging him!

Last edited:

Laikue

Smash Cadet
NNID
Thatguylaikue
3DS FC
4356-1192-5913
Bandana Dee isn't very suspicious as to why he isn't on the 3DS, nor SS/HW Impa. But the lack of Isaac or Matthew is just odd, considering that they've only have handheld games, other than brawl, and the fact that if they were really short on time, they could have ported Isaacs model from brawl, like they did Lucas, and posed it onto a trophy.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
It's actually been confirmed that the 3DS can be used as a Smash U controller.
Oh, I know that, but I meant if it actually counts as a controller to the system (is put into the Home Menu as a connected controller)

kamus_aran

Smash Apprentice
Bandana Dee is interesting, unique enough to be in the game. He's not some random, weak enemy

Just look at his gameplay in Kirby's return to dreamland to know what i mean. He's playable and we've never had any character fighting with a spear

Last edited:

OtakuDJK1NG

Smash Rookie
NNID
DJK1NG
3DS FC
4725-8393-6525
That doesn't confirm anything.

It most like probably unused interfaces.
They probably was going use larger portraits and with the characters names below them on select screen but decided not do that for the bottom screen.

Just because you find data in a game doesn't mean it in the game.

It could had be left there.

Not only that.

The Wii U Connection is for 3DS controller function and exchanging Custom Characters.

Last edited:

GoddessOfLamps

Smash Ace
Bandana Dee is interesting, unique enough to be in the game. He's not some random, weak enemy

Just look at his gameplay in Kirby's return to dreamland to know what i mean. He's playable and we've never had any character fighting with a spear
To me Bandana Dee is like the Blue Toad of the Kirby universe. He is a very important character to the series (to the point of becoming a playable character), however the fact that he resembles a common enemy (or NPC for toad) means he will likely never become a smash character. Not that I have anything against him.

Top Bottom