• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textured GameCube Controller

Do you like the ripples? (if you could leave a response to why that would be awesome)

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rusnak

Smash Rookie
So recently I spray painted my very first GameCube controller and this is how it turned out:

https://m.imgur.com/a/nHz6N

I think it turned out well except for the ripples across the whole controller. Now my theory is that the ripples occurred due to the fact that I let the paint solidify a little and then I found a bad spot on the side of the controller and tried to repaint it. In the paint's response, the solid and liquid paint bonded to "react" and create the ripples that you see in the photo. So I thought to myself: hm, I could just sand it down, smooth the ripples out, and then redo it; however it would be as if I wasted the last four days of my life "just practicing for the real deal." But then again I looked at the controller and thought that the ripples actually gave the controller a cool look and appearance from up close. It is a smoother version of the shark skin coating on a surfboard. So I just ended up adding the clear coat and now it is being left alone for twenty-four hours. However I am still telling myself that I have the option to sand everything down and repaint the entire controller all over again. I just cannot decide by myself if the ripples make the controller unique and just overall very cool and interesting. I would love your guys' opinions on this and hope to see many helpful questions, comments, and feedback on the overall current state of this custom GameCube controller.

Thank you,
Rusnak

Top Bottom